Trelora is a discount real estate broker offering services in selected markets of 8 states. They also offer title and escrow services.
Write a review
- Pay only 1% listing agent commission.
- Buyers get a rebate on using a la carte services.
- No dedicated point of contact.
- Lack of personalized support.
- Limited coverage - only in 8 states.
Trelora is a real estate brokerage company that offers savings through low commission rates and buyer rebates. Additionally, their title and escrow company, Signloc, provides mortgage and title services.
However, according to Trelora's website, their agents handle 20 times more clients than traditional real estate agents. This may result in a lack of personalized service. You may also feel their absence at key stages like negotiation and closing.
With other real estate companies like Houzeo, you don't face these issues. Houzeo's 5-star customer support helps you at every stage of the home selling process. Moreover, their stellar technology and mobile app make the entire process quick and efficient.
Let's delve into Trelora Realty reviews and their pros and cons to see if they are the best choice for you.
- Pros: Trelora provides 3D home tours and social media marketing to promote your listing.
- Cons: Their agents do not get incentives based on your property's sale price. Therefore, they may not help you get top dollar for your home.
- Our Take: We recommend Houzeo instead of Trelora. Houzeo offers lightning-fast services and reliable customer support while saving top dollar on real estate commissions. Compare Houzeo vs. Trelora.
What is Trelora?
Trelora is a full-service brokerage agency that offers professional services at a discounted price. The company charges a 1% listing agent commission instead of the conventional 3%. Moreover, they give a $2,500 rebate to buyers who avail of their title and mortgage services.
However, Trelora does not assign a dedicated agent to home sellers. They connect with a different agent at every step of the process. This may lead to delays, mistakes, and miscommunication.
Moreover, they only offer their services in eight states. So, people from other parts of America cannot use their services.
Is Trelora.com Legitimate?
Yes. Trelora is a legitimate real estate firm founded by Joshua Hunt in Denver, Colorado. The company was established in 2011 and has served over 6,000 clients. Trelora was acquired by Houwzer, a prominent real estate firm, in December 2022.
How Does Trelora Work?
Trelora's sign-in process is quite simple. You need to click the ‘Get Started’ button on their website. Following that, you need to answer some questions based on the service you select.
If you want to sell with them, you need to fill in the property details, your ownership period, and the expected sale price. However, if you are a buyer, fill in your preferred location, budget, and size of the home.
You can finish the sign-up process by entering your contact information. One of their agents will contact you via phone or email. Additionally, you can also schedule an in-home consultation or home tour with them in the next window.
Trelora's services are currently limited to eight states. They cover the following cities in these states:
- Arizona: Phoenix and Tucson
- California: Sacramento and Los Angeles
- Colorado: Denver Metro, Colorado Mountains, Colorado Springs
- Georgia: Atlanta Metro
- North Carolina: Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte
- South Carolina: Charleston and Surrounding Areas
- Washington: Seattle Metro Area
- Illinois: All Areas
Trelora Real Estate Fees
Trelora charges a 1% commission to sellers at closing. For instance, if you sell the home for $500,000, you will have to pay $5,000 to Trelora. Bear in mind that you basically pay this hefty amount to get an agent's support throughout the selling process.
However, you do not get a dedicated agent. While this approach allows you to work with an expert at every stage, it may lead to miscommunications, putting you at a disadvantage.
How Much Do You Save with Trelora Real Estate?
Trelora helps you save around 2% on the agent's commission. However, they do not offer the most competitive price in the market.
Other real estate companies, like Houzeo and Beycome, provide better services at lower prices. Houzeo’s Gold Plan, for instance, offers you an MLS listing, 5-star customer support, and stellar technology for $379 + 0.5% at closing.
For a house sold for $500,000, the seller pays $2,879. You will pay almost 40% less than what you would pay to Trelora.
Hence, you can save more with Houzeo. They help you save on the listing agent's commission while providing you with all sorts of services.
💲 Want to Save More? 💲
Check out Houzeo! They offer you maximum savings and top-notch services.
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Trelora vs. Houzeo
Trelora offers savings compared to traditional agents. However, you can get more savings and better services with Houzeo.
Houzeo offers the best combination of maximum savings and 5-star customer support. Moreover, their advanced technology makes the home-selling process easy and efficient.
|Direct Communication with Buyers|
|5-star Customer Support|
Trelora Realty Inc. has an impressive range of services for sellers and buyers. They assign dedicated agents for buyers, while sellers need to contact different agents at every stage.
Trelora For Sellers
Trelora's selling fee is 1% instead of a conventional 3%. They provide standard services to home sellers like:
- Property pricing
- MLS listing that syndicates to Zillow
- Professional photography
- Yard sign
- In-person consultation
- Agent-hosted open house
- Social media marketing and 3D virtual tour
- Professional marketing
- Trelora dashboard
Trelora claims to make your selling experience seamless through Trelora's software. However, they have not disclosed any features of this platform.
Hence, you may lack many essential services like listing management, showing assistance, and paperwork automation. With Houzeo, you can get all this and more thanks to their stellar technology and mobile app.
- 🚩 Stay Alert: Trelora does not specify the listing period and the number of photos they will upload to the MLS on their website.
Trelora for Buyers
Trelora’s dedicated agent provides you with the following services:
- Buyer consultation
- Showing assistance
- Home inspection assistance
- Title insurance guidance
- Negotiation assistance
- 🚩 Stay Alert: Trelora only gives rebates to buyers who bundle their mortgage and title services.
Trelora offers some additional services to buyers through Signloc title & escrow. However, they have not disclosed anything about these services on their website.
Trelora Real Estate Reviews
Trelora has a 4.7 out of 5-star rating on Google based on 493 reviews. While many Trelora Real Estate reviews are positive, their negative reviews depict common complaints. Trelora's complaints revolve around their unreliable agent support and lack of personal assistance.
Trelora Reviews: Positive
✅ Ryan had a great experience with Trelora Realty's team. He appreciated the team's patience, sound advice, and dedication, which ultimately helped him secure his dream home.
Working with the Trelora team was exactly what we were looking for. In this competitive market, the trelora team stayed patient, gave sound advice and ultimately we landed our dream home. If you're looking for a responsive and dedicated team, Trelora is right for you. Thanks Raphael, Kurt, Parker, Bobby and the rest of the Trelora family
✅ Jared was extremely satisfied with Trelora's cost-saving approach and appreciated their focus on providing a smooth and efficient experience.
We were totally shocked by how much money we could save using Trelora over a conventional agent. Everyone else just seemed like all they were really interested in was making money off of the sale of our home but with Trelora’s model we knew they were just working to make the experience as smooth as possible for us
Trelora Reviews: Negative
❌ Sailorkmartin highlighted disorganization, unresponsiveness, and issues with communication among team members.
My experience selling my home with your company has been a nightmare. I will make sure to leave as many reviews at as many places as possible to warn people about the level of disorganization with this company and its subsidiaries.
❌ Nancy was pressured by Trelora Realty's agent to go with the home she was not sure about. It seems like their agents do not care about the satisfaction of their customers.
I tried Trelora as a first time home buyer and dropped them immediately after an agent pressured me to put in an offer on a home I was unsure about for an offer price I was unsure about. You don’t have a personal agent and work with multiple people so you’re just a product in their factory line
Trelora Pros and Cons
Trelora is helping home sellers and buyers save on real estate transactions. However, you must evaluate their pros and cons to make the right decision.
Trelora offers some benefits to home sellers who are willing to put in the effort to save the commission. The key advantages of selling with Trelora are:
- Commission Saving: Trelora Real Estate's fee is less than a conventional listing agent commission offering substantial savings.
- Trelora Buyer Refund: The company offers compelling rebates to buyers who avail of their mortgage and title services.
- Marketing: Trelora offers exposure to your listing through social media marketing and 3D home tours.
- Essential Services: They include some vital services in their package like professional photography and negotiation assistance which makes home-selling easy.
We also found certain dealbreakers with Trelora during our research. Some key drawbacks of working with them are:
- Lack of Personal Assistance: As they have a small team juggling a broader clientele, the support you get depends on their availability.
- No Control Over Listing: Unlike flat fee companies, you can’t list directly through their website. You can only register with them and wait for their call to proceed.
- Disappointing Customer Services: According to numerous reviews, customers have experienced difficulty contacting Trelora's customer service department.
- Limited Coverage: Trelora's coverage is limited to eight states only.
- Risk of Miscommunication: Trelora does not align sellers with a single agent. You have to deal with a different agent at every stage of the home-selling process. This can easily lead to miscommunication.
Alternatives to Trelora
- Houzeo: Houzeo brings cost efficiency and advanced technology together. It is a 100% online MLS listing website with 5-star customer support. Moreover, Houzeo covers 47 states and DC, offering near-nationwide coverage.
- Redfin: With Redfin, you get quality services at a discounted price. They also ask for a 1% commission at closing but offer better services. However, Redfin’s reviews also highlight the lack of guidance and support by their agents.
Other Options You Should Consider
- Sell to iBuyers: iBuyers make an offer on your property within 24-48 hours and can close within 7 days. Most iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad are also known to offer the fair market value (FMV) of your property. If you’re wondering how to sell your house fast, iBuyers can be a great option.
- Sell FSBO With Flat Fee MLS Services: Flat Fee MLS websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many Flat Fee MLS websites will make your listing live within 24-48 hours. They provide maximum exposure, professional services, and paperwork assistance.
- Sell to “Cash for Houses” Companies: Unlike iBuyers, “cash for houses” companies help you sell your house as-is fast. They can even close within 7 days or on any date you choose. Cash-for-houses companies also make cash offers for homes outside metro areas or in difficult-to-sell locations.
Discount Realtors Near Me
Is Trelora Real Estate Worth it?
We recommend listing with Houzeo over Trelora. Trelora's buyer refund and low commission rates look compelling, but they may come at the cost of the assistance you receive.
As their agents juggle multiple clients at a time, they might be unavailable at crucial stages like home tours, negotiations, and closing. This can cost you the fair market value of your house. Now the question is, would you compromise on your house's sale price for a discounted fee?
On the other hand, Houzeo allows you to save the 3% commission for a nominal flat fee. Their 5-star customer support guides you at every step of the process.
Houzeo's technology helps you manage listings, schedule showings, and counter an offer. You can request the highest and best offer to get top dollar for your home. Moreover, you can do everything on the go with Houzeo's mobile app.
1. What is Trelora's buyer rebate?
Trelora offers cashback of $2,500 to buyers who bundle their mortgage and title services.
2. Who owns Trelora?
Houwzer, a prominent real estate company, acquired Trelora in December 2022.
3. What are major the Trelora complaints?
Trelora's bad reviews revolve around the lack of assistance from their agents.
4. Which cities does trelora cover?
Trelora covers eight states in the US. Their services are available in all the cities in Illinois. However, they cover selected markets in the remaining seven states.
5. What is Trelora's buyers agent fee?
Trelora recommends 2-3% buyer agent commission.
Related: trelora Arizona, brady miller trelora, greg hanson trelora, trelora raleigh, trelora denver reviews, trelora flat fee, trelora login, trelora phoenix, trelora real estate colorado, trelora real estate denver co, trelora real estate seattle, trelora realty denver co, trelora Atlanta, trelora buying a home, trelora buysides, trelora commercial real estate, trelora founder, joshua hunt ceo & founder trelora
trelora gaylord denve, trelora golden co, trelora markets, trelora mobile platform, trelora promo code, trelora real estate agency denver co, trelora real estate Atlanta, trelora real estate bend oregon, trelora real estate oregon, trelora real estate washington state, trelora reviews colorado, trelora seattle reviews, trelora south Carolina, trelora opponents