The Arizona housing market is cooling off. Mortgage rates have shot up. They are expected to remain elevated through 2024.
If you’re a home seller, you’re nervous to sell now with dropping prices. You also don’t want to sell your low-interest mortgage home, and buy another home at the current interest rates.
Should you sell now before home prices plummet? Or wait for rates to fall? Unless you want to learn how to sell a house by owner in Arizona, you’re looking for a REALTOR to help.
If you’re a home buyer, you don’t know whether you can even afford a home. Prices are still high. And interest rates have added hundreds of dollars to your mortgage payments. Is now the best time to buy a house in Arizona? Or wait?
A great REALTOR can help you navigate these choppy waters and make the right decision. And once you decide, they can be the pro you rely on to help you buy or sell.
Some REALTORS will save you thousands with technology. Others will help you sell your luxury property for top dollar, and still others can show you how to stop foreclosure in Arizona.
With our rankings of the 7 best REALTORS in Arizona, you can find the right one for a smooth and hassle-free real estate transaction.
🏅 Rankings: Top 7 REALTORS in ARIZONA
- Jared Andrew English: Best for Home Sellers
- Daniel Demers: Best Overall
- Bruno Arapovic: Local Residential Specialist
- Christine McConnaughay: Best for Property Management
- Thomas Mastromatto: Top 1% Realtor
- Bobby Lieb: Best for North Central Areas
- Greg Messick: Best for Residential Properties
Reviews: 7 Best REALTORS in Arizona
1. Jared Andrew English, Houzeo.com
BEST FLAT FEE REALTOR
Jared Andrew English
Jared Andrew English is a Flat Fee Realtor licensed in 12 states. Jared offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and 1 full-service package.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes a listing term of 6 months with 4 photos and access to all state forms and disclosures. It also provides the showing appointment tool, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: The services offered are similar to the basic package. You can make up to 10 free listing changes. Additionally, buyer leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: You get all the services from the Plus package with unlimited open house postings. You can make unlimited listing changes. Your listing also gets featured on social media.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. You will 0.5% at closing.
Listing Upgrades: In the cheaper plans, you have to purchase upgrades separately. We’ve summarized all upgrades below.
- Call Forwarding: $50
- Max Photos (if more than 25): $50
- Open House Advertisement: $50
- Listing Renewal: $175
- Pro Photographed Virtual Tour: $350 (could be more. If so, you will be notified)
- Congress Realty Yard Sign: $150
- eLockbox Rental: $295 (includes $125 refundable deposit)
- Combo Lockbox (basic): $50
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jared for being highly knowledgeable with stellar customer reviews. His Premium package allows unlimited changes, so it’s worth it mentally and likely financially.
» Jared Andrew English, Congress Realty: Check out the services offered by Jared English via Houzeo.com
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: There are very few brokers as capable as Jared Andrew English. If you are buying or selling, Andrew provides excellent representation and works hard for your interests.
- Excellent Customer Service: Very few brokers are as fast and reachable as Andrew and his team at Congress Realty.
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 605 properties in the last 12 months.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. Jared Andrew English has a stellar reputation within the Realtor community.
Congress Realty however has a significant number of upgrades. They can add up quick, so if you’re opting for a cheaper plan we recommend you budget for these.
Congress Realty has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 127 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Jared Andrew English is an experienced Flat Fee MLS broker and has represented thousands of home sellers. He offers flat fee broker services in 12 states.
Jared Andrew English has sold more than 600 properties in the last 12 months. His team is known for their responsiveness and professionalism.
2. Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Daniel Demers founder of Sell Your Home Services is licensed in 10 states. He offers 1 FSBO package:
- For Sale by Owner MLS Listing – $199: This package allows you to list your house on the MLS and hundreds of other real estate websites. You can add up to 30 photos.
Coverage in 10 States: Dan offers direct services in these 10 states – Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his prompt customer service and knowledge in more than ten real estate markets.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
Daniel Demers is one of the best Realtors for the 10 states he serves.
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
- Experienced Agent: Dan is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond to complete the task. He offers his services in 10 real estate markets.
- Easy Listing: You can complete listing formalities in 15-20 minutes. Your listing gets activated in 1 business day.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Dan has access to Houzeo’s 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
We discovered no red flags with Sell Your Home Services during our research. Daniel Demers has an excellent reputation among Realtors.
However, Sell Your Home Services offers only one package which limits your selling options.
Dan Demers Realtor: Dan Demers has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 169 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Dan offers flat fee broker services in 10 states. He has represented thousands of home sellers.
Daniel Demers is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond his limits to maintain professionalism. Dan is relatively fast to get your property listed.
3. Bruno Arapovic, Home Smart
ASSOCIATED WITH NAR
Bruno Arapovic is a residential specialist Realtor based in Arizona. He is associated with Home Smart and offers services in 11 cities in Arizona.
- With Bruno you can expect full commission of 5% – 6% if you opt to list or buy with Home Smart.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Bruno for his exceptional services to his clients. Past sellers have praised his team’s fast results after listing.
Here are few benefits of listing with Bruno.
- Market Exposure: Bruno markets your listing in major cities of Arizona. He ensures your home nets a top dollar.
- Agent Expertise: Bruno and Home Smart agents bring experience and expertise to the table.
- Good Customer Service: Past clients define him as an expert in real estate. He has a proven track record of making your real estate journey smooth.
- In 2022, Bruno has sold over $260 million as a single agent
- Has been Arizona’s top seller Realtor for 5 consecutive years: 2018 – 2022
- Has made 516 sales in last 12 months
- Certified in MRP- Military Relocation Professional
- Interviewed as a local expert for Arizona Republic Article
- Has sold over half a billion in real estate transactions since 2020
- For every year, he has been a multi-million-dollar producer for the past 16 years
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Bruno Arapovic.
He is one of the best residential Realtors in Arizona and has an excellent reputation in the real estate industry.
Bruno Arapovic has an “Excellent” 5 out of 5 star rating from total 121 reviews on Zillow.
Bruno Arapovic is a local market expert. He analysis the market and helps sellers ith pricing. Past sellers praise his customer service and quick responsiveness.
He has been a multi-million-dollar producing Realtor for the past 16 years.
4. Christine McConnaughay, Realty Executive International
Christine McConnaughay is one of the top REALTORs in Arizona associated with Realty Executive International. She specializes in property management, relocation, listing agent, and foreclosures.
- She is a full-service Realtor, so you can expect a 5% – 6% commission with her.
Our Take: We recommend Christine for her knowledge of the real estate market and her professionalism. She goes beyond her duty to find a perfect deal for you asap.
Here are few highlights about Christine and Realty Executives International:
- Responsiveness: Christine’s team is available 7 days a week. They respond to your queries relatively faster.
- Good on Tech: Realty Executives International offers well-developed working systems for on-time closing.
- Provisional Services: Christine and Realty Executives International has associations with vendors and contractors for home improvement services.
- Christine is a Pinnacle Award winner
- She has served many top agencies in the US
- Has received Top 100 Commissions award
In our research, we found a few red flags about Realty Executive International.
- Lack of Information: Realty Executive International’s website does not provide enough information for first-time users.
- Limited Coverage: Christine provides services in limited cities of Arizona – San Luis, Somerton, Yuma, and Yuma County.
Christine McConnaughay has 5 out of 5 stars from 121 reviews on Zillow.
Christine McConnaughay and her agents from Realty Executives International provide prompt customer support 24/7. They also offer additional services like emergency repairs and home appraisal services.
Christine brings in more than 27 years of real estate experience. Her agency has been one of the top-producing agencies for many years.
5. Thomas Mastromatto, Mountain Lake Realty
Top 1% Realtor
Thomas is an Arizona based Realtor associated with Mountain Lake Realty. He offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages in Arizona.
- Flat Fee MLS – $295: This package offers 6 months listing term. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow and Realtor.com. You can schedule 2 open houses. All buyer leads are forwarded directly to you.
- Flat Fee MLS – $499: You get all the services from the $295 package + you can add professional photos. You can schedule 5 open house showings.
- Virtual Full Service – $1,200: This is a virtual full-service package. You are provided with its VIP services.
Our Take: We recommend Thomas for his exceptional customer service. People save thousands of $$$ by selling with Thomas.
Here are the benefits of listing with Thomas Mastromatto:
- MLS Listings: Thomas Mastromatto helps you list your property as FSBO at a flat rate with Mountain Lake Realty.
- Maximum Savings: You can save thousands of dollars in sellers’ agent’s commission if you list via flat fee MLS.
- Market Exposure: Flat fee MLS websites give your property the maximum exposure to help you sell faster.
In our research, we found a few red flags with Moutain Lake Realty.
- Listing Price Limitation: All the packages have limitations on the prices of the houses to be listed for sale.
- VIP Service: It offers VIP services only in its expensive package.
- Additional Charges: You need to subscribe to VIP service to speak to the agent or discuss the paperwork.
Mountain Lake Realty has 4.5 out of 5 stars on Zillow.
Thomas Mastromatto is one Top 1% agent in Arizona. With Mountain Lake Realty Thomas offers flat fee MLS services to Arizona home sellers.
Thomas is an expert in negotiations. Past sellers with Thomas have praised him for getting them deals over the asking price for their homes.
6. Bobby Lieb, Home Smart
EXPERT FOR NORTH CENTRAL AZ
Bobby Lieb has been a listing agent and buyers’ agent in North Central areas of AZ since 2001.
- With Bobby, you can expect a full commission of 5% – 6% if you opt to list or buy with him.
Our Take: We recommend Bobby for his honesty and focus on work. He is well-known for providing excellent support to save you time and money.
Bobby Lieb is one of the best Realtors in Arizona’s North Central areas he serves.
- Updated with Tech: Lieb keeps himself update with latest tech and information to best serve his clients.
- Experienced Broker: Bobby has been in the real estate market since 28 years.
- Good on Tech: Home Smart offers updated tech to make your real estate transactions efficient.
- Since 2011, Bobby has ranked #1 Top Performing Realtor in HomeSmart
- Experienced in dealing with high-profile clients, bank-owned and court-ordered sales
- He has a monthly column in North Central News
- Has done 70 sales in last 12 months.
In our research, we found drawbacks of working with Bobby Lieb.
- Unsatisfied Closing: One of his past sellers have reported being unsatisfied by Bobby. He closed the deal fast at a best price for buyer while representing a seller.
- Limited Coverage: He provides services as a realtor in limited areas of Arizona – Paradise valley, Phoenix, Carefree and Scottsdale.
Bobby Lieb has 4.8 out of 5 stars from 40 total on Zillow.
Bobby Lieb has worked for years in the local and national market. He is one of the best Realtors in Arizona’s North Central areas like Phoenix and Paradise Valley.
Bobby is professionally skilled with the latest tech to make your real estate transaction innovative.
7. Greg Messick, Sell By Owner Arizona
Greg Messick is associated with SellByOwner Arizona.com. He offers 3 Arizona Flat Fee MLS Packages.
- Good Package – $299: Includes a 3-month listing term with 6 photos, a printable color flyer template, real estate contracts, and disclosures.
- Better Package – $399: The services offered here are the same as the Good Package. The listing term is 6 months with 12 photos.
- Best Package – $499: The listing term is 1 year with 25 digital photos.
Listing Upgrades: Here is a summary of the Listing Upgrades that SaleByOwner Arizona.com provides.
- Real Estate Sign: $39.99
- Customized “For Sale By Owner” sign: $89.99
- Yard Box: $39.99
- Supra Electronic Lockbox Rental: $149.99
- Combination Lock Box: $49.99
- Second MLS Database Listing: $200
- Virtual Tour Slide Show: $79.99
- Photographer Service: $199
- Comparative Market Analysis: $99
👉 Our Take: We recommend Greg for his excellent customer service and expertise in the real estate market.
Greg Messick has put together an incredible suite of services that harness and maximize the marketing power of the internet.
- Custom Web Address: Their top package allows you to have custom web addresses for your listing that you can share with potential buyers.
- Transaction Assistance Service: If you have a buyer but would like a professional Realtor to handle the transaction, Greg and Sell By Owner Arizona helps you with all the required paperwork.
- A REALTOR.com® Showcase Listing: SellByOwnerAZ.com’s top package showcases and improves your listing on REALTOR.com®. This includes a comprehensive property description as well as a personalized headline banner above your photos.
- Transaction Sides: Greg has closed over $1 billion in sales volume in real estate.
According to our study, SellByOwnerArizona has a few negatives.
- Restricted Listing Changes: SellByOwner Arizona.com does not allow you to make any changes to the details of your property once it goes live on the MLS. According to our research, many other companies provide this service for free.
- No à la carte services are available: SellByOwner Arizona’s packages cannot be customized as there are no a la carte services available.
Greg Messick has 4.8 out of 5 stars on Zillow.
Greg Messick founder of Realty Net has been in the real estate market for more than 22 years. He is easy to go with for first-time home sellers.
Past sellers gush about how easy dealing with Greg was. With him, selling was simple for them.
What are REALTOR Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
REALTORS can be commercial brokers, real estate agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A REALTOR’s pledge to business integrity and fair dealing.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Arizona?
The average Realtor commission is typically between 5% – 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies state-wide.
With increasing competition and better alternatives, Realtor agents are willing to lower their commissions and provide concessions to the home seller.
» How to Negotiate Real Estate Commissions: Pro tips on how to negotiate agent commissions and save thousands!
Who Pays REALTOR Fees in Arizona?
The seller typically pays the REALTOR fees. Although the seller is responsible for paying these fees, they can always negotiate with the buyer on this.
In simple terms, it can be said that REALTOR fees are a part of the sale price of a home.
Do Closing Costs include REALTOR Fees?
Yes! Realtor fees are a major part of closing costs. Closing costs, also known as “settlement costs,” are the final expenses to complete the real estate transaction.
1. Home Selling
A sizeable chunk of the seller’s closing costs, comprising 5%–6% of the sales price, is made up of REALTOR commissions. It is important to note that the seller pays a commission to both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
The commissions can vary according to the type of service you want to opt for selling your home.
- Flat Fee MLS: Sell your home with an average fee of $399 and save thousands in commissions. Get the best possible exposure for your home by listing it on the MLS.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: The average fee these low-commission brokers charge is $5,000 or 1.5% of the sale price. They provide services at reduced rates thereby making them a top choice for sellers.
⚡Seller Closing Costs in Arizona: Find out what closing costs you pay as a seller in Arizona.
2. Home Buying
Buyer closing costs do not usually include the REALTOR fees. However, this fee is already included in the price the buyer pays for their home.
⚡Buyer Closing Costs in Arizona: Find what closing costs you pay as a buyer in Arizona.
REALTORS vs. Agents vs. Brokers
- Real Estate Agents: Agents are licensed professionals who represent buyers or sellers in real estate transactions. They must work with a broker or a brokerage.
- Real Estate Broker: Brokers are agents with experience and a license, allowed after completing additional coursework. They can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.
- REALTOR®: REALTORs are agents or brokers that are members of NAR and follow NAR’s code of ethics. Their modes of operation and responsibilities include that of agents and/or brokers.
How to Find REALTORS in Arizona?
Home sellers and buyers can find a top-rated REALTOR with proper research. If you wish to sell or buy a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
Here’s how you can find a Realtor for your home selling/buying needs:
- Find Licensed Realtors: Look for agents who are members of the NAR. Select Realtors with lower commission rates and check whether they provide virtual or full services.
- Interview Realtors: Interview short-listed Realtors and convey your requirements. Find out their specialisation, whether they offer cutting-edge technology and online services.
- Review and Finalize: Check reviews on trusted websites like Google, Yelp, Trustpilot, etc. Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
Best Realtors Near Me
|Realtors in Yuma, AZ|
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Realtors in Arizona
Realtors are the best option for first-time home sellers. But if saving money is your goal, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Discount real estate brokers in Arizona offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: With Arizona Flat Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology for selling your house without a Realtor.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes nationwide. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in Arizona.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Arizona make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
Having a good REALTOR® when selling or buying a house can make the process a cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property or find your dream home.
However, the average REALTOR commission of 6% reduces your profits substantially. Additionally, seller closing costs are quite high.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions About Realtors in Arizona
Who are the Top 10 Arizona REALTORS?
The Best REALTORS in Arizona are:
1. Jared Andrew English
2. Bruno Arapovic
3. Christine McConnaughay
4. Kenneth Bolan
5. Jon Sherwood
6. Bobby Lieb
7. Rebecca Durfey
8. Gary Brasher
9. Angel Bolan Arvin
10. Daniel Barraza
What percentage do REALTORS make in Arizona?
Typically, the REALTORS in Arizona do make money with charging 5.36% commission of the total sales price of the property.
How to become a REALTOR in Arizona?
To become a REALTOR in Arizona, you need to pass an ADRE approved exam of real estate. You should also be a member of NAR (National Association of REALTORS). Your age should be above 18 years. There are a lot more conditions you need to follow, and a lot more you need to pass to successfully become a REALTOR in this state.
Who pays REALTOR fees in Arizona?
The seller needs to pay the fees of both side of REALTORS, the buyer and the seller's side.
How to get a REALTOR license in Arizona?
This is the last step you need to follow to be a REALTOR in Arizona. To get your license, you need to complete all the formalities and paperwork.
How many licensed REALTOR in Arizona?
There are Approximately 73,500 licensed REALTORS in this state.
How to sell a house without a REALTOR in Arizona?
To sell a house without a REALTOR in Arizona, you can go with the 'For Sale By Owner' option. Houzeo provides these services to you.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in Arizona.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is one of the best FSBO websites in America’s competitive housing market.
- Real Estate Companies in Arizona: Check out the best real estate companies in Arizona.
- Selling a House By Owner in Arizona: Know about the ins and outs of selling a house in Arizona.
- Selling a House As Is in Arizona: If you want to sell your house without incurring any repair charges, check out this blog on the ‘as-is’ approach.
- For Sale By Owner Contract in Arizona: Check out how to create a contract for an FSBO transaction in Arizona.
Related Keywords: arizona cash offer, fsbo websites, average closing costs arizona, az flat fee, fsbo az, houzeo review, prevu reviewsArizona Realtors