Illinois real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. But so far, home prices have appreciated 14.4% in the past year. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions.
That’s all the reason you need to use technology to sell your home and save thousands in real estate agent commissions via a Flat Fee MLS Illinois listing!
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Illinois Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|3. Circle One Realty||$645||None||❌||❌||✅||✅||❌|
|4. Mentor Listing Realty||$399||$45-$590||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Prello Realty||$295-$795||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Flat Fee Realty||$199||0.1%-0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Flat Fee Group||$795||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Illinois Companies
- 📌 In Illinois, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $299, the Silver at $349, the Gold at $429 and the Platinum at $449 + $550 at closing.
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
beycome has the 2nd best technology, after Houzeo.com. It also has decent reviews, so you know that the customer service is good.
Packages: Beycome offers three Flat Fee MLS listing packages.
- Basic Package – $99: This package allows maximum pictures on the MLS and unlimited changes to your listing. You get free legal forms and disclosures, a free open house scheduler, and a tool to manage home visits.
- Enhanced Package – $399: With all the features of the Basic Package, this package includes a yard sign, a featured listing on Beycome’s website, flyers, and brochures, and one key lockbox. Additionally, you also get the option to add a virtual tour video to your listing.
- Concierge Service – $599 + 1% Commission: This is essentially a virtual full-service package that includes assistance till closing. They charge 1% of the sale price at closing with this package.
👉 Our Take: Beycome’s prices are reasonable, and their technology is useful. However, their reviews are only decent and they have limited coverage. You are better off with Houzeo since they have near-nationwide coverage and stellar customer reviews.
🚩 You Should Know: The $99 package requires a mandatory $25 cancelation fee. The virtual full-service package has a 1% commission, which according to us is very high.
» beycome Reviews: Read our in-depth review on beycome.
- You can easily switch to a full-service package.
- You can set up a free web page along with listing your property on the MLS.
- You will rely on what the agents bring you, buyers.
- No “search homes” feature for buyers.
- Only one flat fee MLS listing package; the other two are full-service options and are priced higher.
- The MLS package allows only a few photos and a few changes to your property listing.
beycome has 4.5 out of 5 stars (338 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google.
beycome covers multiple states and is licensed in the following states: California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Alabama, Connecticut, Minnesota, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS Companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California
- Flat Fee MLS Florida: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida
- Flat Fee MLS Georgia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Georgia
- Flat Fee MLS Illinois: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Illinois
- Flat Fee MLS Alabama: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Alabama
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
- Flat Fee MLS Minnesota: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Minnesota
- Flat Fee MLS North Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina
- Flat Fee MLS South Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in South Carolina
3. Circle One Realty
Circle One Realty is one of the most highly rated Flat Fee MLS Companies based in Yorkville, Illinois. They are a locally owned and licensed Chicagoland Real Estate Company.
Packages: Circle One Realty Offers 4 Flat Fee MLS Illinois Packages.
- MLS Entry Package – $145: This package lists your home on the local MLS (MRED) along with Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia and more. You can upload 1 photo for a listing term of 3 months. You also get Full Service Realtor Support. (⚠️Only for listing Vacant Lands)
- MLS Basic Package – $295: You can list your home with this package for a period of 6 months with 25 photos and Full Service Realtor Support. Additionally, they provide a standard yard sign.
- MLS Classic Package – $495: This includes everything from the MLS Basic Package with a listing term of 12 months. Also, Combo Lockbox and Professional Photography are included with this package.
- MLS Elite Package – $495 (Originally $645) : This package includes everything from the MLS Classic Package plus a Professional Yard Sign and Showing Appointment Scheduling. You can list your home until sold or till you cancel it.
👉 Our Take: The process of MLS listing with Circle One Realty would take substantial amount of time as most of the processes are carried out manually.
- Full Service Realtor Support
- Local Real Estate Company
- Listing on MRED (Midwest Real Estate Data)
- Not 100% online
- The MLS Entry Package is only for listing Vacant Lands
Circle One Realty is rated 5/ 5 (out of 168 reviews) on Google.
Covers all major Flat Fee MLS Illinois Listings.
4. Mentor Listing Realty
With Mentor Listing Realty, Inc., real estate sellers select the services they wish, and only pay for the services they select.
Packages: They offer 3 Flat Fee MLS Packages.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes 1 photo and a listing term of 6 months. You get unlimited open house listings, State disclosure forms and contracts. You also have broker support and assistance.
- Standard Package – $349: It includes everything from the Basic Package plus 6 photos.
- Premium Package – $399: The number of photos is 25. Other than that, it is same as the other two packages.
👉 Our Take: Their Basic Package allows only one photo. Moreover, they are not 100% online. Houzeo’s easy to use dashboard, on the other hand simplifies your home selling process.
🚩 You Should Know: Their optional services like market survey report, lock boxes, yard signs, etc. will cost you $45-$590.
- Add as many open houses as you want
- Broker support and assistance in all the packages, but only via phone and email
- Provision of state disclosure forms and contracts
Mentor Listing Realty is rated 4.5 out 5 stars (7 total reviews) on Google.
5. Prello Realty
Prello Realty is one of those flat fee MLS Illinois listing services that offer flat-fee packages as well as discounted packages to FSBO home sellers.
Packages: Prello Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS Illinois Packages.
- MLS Basic Package – $295: It includes MRED MLS Listing ( Midwest Real Estate Data, Chicago) and also listing on other websites like Zillow, Trulia and Redfin. The listing term is 6 months.
- MLS Plus Package – $495: It includes everything from the Basic Package plus Professional Photography of your property. The listing term is 9 months.
- MLS Pro Package – $795: For this package, you additionally have Combination Lockbox benefit and Showing Appointments Scheduling.
👉 Our Take: The packages are expensive for the services they provide. Houzeo’s Full Service Plan at only $449 gives you everything you need to sell your home with ease.
- The basic package allows up to 25 photos
- You will get a professional yard sign no matter which package you buy
- Professional photographers with their Plus package
Prello Realty has a (24 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google reviews.
Prello Realty covers following counties in Illinois: Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will.
6. Flat Fee Realty
If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option.
Packages: Flat Fee Realty typically offers only ONE Flat Fee MLS listing package in every state. The price varies from $159 – $299. Only 6 photos can be uploaded with this listing. If you want to upload more photos, you must pay an additional $50.
👉 Our Take: The Flat Fee MLS packages they offer are less flexible. Whereas, with Houzeo, you have the freedom to customize your plan and control your expenses.
🚩 You Should Know: As mentioned on their website, their listing broker may retain 0.1% – 0.25% of the buyers’ broker commission
- Unlimited listing changes
- Free cancellation anytime and refund available within 30 days of purchase
- Free state disclosures for all the states
- Less scope of customization
- Listing broker may retain 0.1% – 0.25% of the buyers’ broker commission
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
Flat Fee Realty is licensed in Connecticut.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in this state.
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
7. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group is an MLS listing service that offers flat-fee packages as well as full-service packages.
Packages: Flat Fee Group’s packages vary depending on the state. They typically include MLS listing within 48 hrs, phone & email support, and a listing term of 6 months to a year. You do get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, but they are generally expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. The quality of service may not be consistent throughout. For a more trustworthy real estate service, we recommend Houzeo, which has a 5-star rating on major review sites.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group
- Flexible flat fee packages with different services
- No hidden fees
- Pricing assistance requires you to sign up first. This opens the doors to the listed agents calling you every now and then
- No scope of substantial savings as compared to other companies
- Low on tech
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews available.
Flat Fee Group is available nationwide.
Beware: Flat Fee MLS Illinois Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Flat Fee MLS Illinois companies is that they have a lot of hidden fees. They don’t disclose these fees on their pricing pages. These hidden fees not only make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, but also ruins your experience with all the nickel and diming. SELLER BEWARE!
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Illinois Pricing page
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services Near Me
Here are our reviews for Best Flat Fee MLS Illinois listing services near you.
These companies are based in the respective cities or their counties. As such, their expertise in those respective regions will help you sell your home with ease.
With a range of services available with each of these local flat fee MLS listing companies in Illinois, you can ensure that your home-selling journey is as smooth as it would be profitable.
|Chicago||Flat fee MLS Chicago, IL Listing Companies are low on tech. Also, two of the companies that we reviewed have high hidden fees. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Chicago, IL
|Peoria||All Flat Fee MLS Peoria, IL companies give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. These fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Peoria, IL
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars on real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. Only licensed real estate agents in Illinois can access the portal to list homes, browse for properties, or procure data.
However, if you go through real estate companies in Illinois to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees.
On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service, is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realtor or fixed fee real estate agents.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
Do Flat Fee MLS Listings Work?
Yes. 88% of buyers purchase a property through a buyer’s agent. Therefore, these agents are vital in getting you top dollar for your property sale. So, if your house is not listed on the MLS, you are turning your back on 88% of customers already. In fact, Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
» How To Sell My House Fast In Illinois? Here’s What You Can Do
How to List on MLS via a Flat Fee MLS Listing Service
Once you decide to list your home on the Illinois MLS through Flat Fee MLS Listing Company, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details about your house, the fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites.
Subsequently, the buyer agents will be able to view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
⚡ List on MLS: The fastest way to list on MLS!
Selling a House in Illinois: All You Need to Know
A disclosure statement is an essential form that details the condition of the property. In selling a home in Illinois, it’s the seller’s responsibility to disclose property defects that impact its value.
Some Flat Fee MLS Illinois companies provide these disclosures with their packages.
Here are the three disclosure forms you need to fill if you are selling a property in Illinois:
- Federal Disclosure of Information on Lead-Based Paint and/or Lead-Based Paint Hazards
- Residential Real Property Disclosure
» Illinois Seller Disclosures: Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
Sell A House By Owner in Illinois
If you want to sell a house FSBO in Illinois, list your home using Flat Fee MLS Illinois listing services. This way you skip paying hefty Realtor commissions.
You need to take care of certain important factors when you sell your house by owner in Illinois or any other state. These include decluttering, repairs, staging, and most importantly marketing.
» How To Sell A House By Owner In Illinois: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House In Illinois
Closing Costs for Sellers in Illinois
You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Illinois. Additionally, each state has its own set of fees that a home seller needs to pay.
But do not worry, you can calculate the approximate seller closing costs in Illinois with this advanced calculator.
» Seller Closing Costs in Illinois: Be Prepared for the Closing!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in Illinois
Primarily, while selling a home by the owner it is always recommended to go with a Flat Fee listing Illinois service like Houzeo, as it is the most affordable and effective way of getting your home sold.
However, there are a few other ways of selling your home as an alternative to a Flat Fee MLS listing Illinois service. They are:
Option 1: Sell with Discount Real Estate Brokers
- Full-Service at a Discount: Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
- Great Exposure: Most discount brokers have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a discount.
- Advanced Tech: Home sellers can list and sell their houses from the comfort of their homes with a click of a button. Some of the best discount brokers provide advanced seller dashboards, showings management, and much more.
Sell your home with the top discount realtors in Illinois, these are our recommendations:
|Johnson Realty||$500 Upfront + 0.5% commission|
|Redfin||1.5% (minimum varies)|
|Redefy||$3500 Flat Fee|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers in Illinois: Check out our rankings of the Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Illinois
Option 2: Sell as For Sale By Owner
- Quick & Smooth Sale: 77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help home you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
- Complete Control Over the Process: The best part about doing FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without the intervention of a real estate agent.
- Save Thousands on Commissions: Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ For Sale By Owner Websites: Check out our rankings of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
- Fair Market Value: Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses be it a distressed property or not.
- Save on Repairs: When selling a home for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. You can also try selling a house as is in Illinois to save money and time.
- Fast Closing Process: Home sellers have lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies. Fewer formalities speed up the closing process significantly making it a quick transaction.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Illinois: Best Cash Companies in Illinois help you maximize your profits!
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash outright. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. An iBuyer can offer and close the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- Their offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is often non-negotiable
- They charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the purchase price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: We’ve rated the best iBuyers in America!
Option 5: Sell with Full-Service Real Estate Agents
If a home seller wishes to sell with a real estate agent, then they can opt for full-service Realtors who can help them to list and sell their property without any hassle. The benefits of selling your home with a full-service agent are:
- Help at Every Step: Home sellers can enjoy a smooth and stress-free sale because the REALTOR will take care of the complex steps. They will also help you find the best buyer for your property.
- Experienced Agents: Real estate brokers in Illinois with years of experience can provide great market insights to sell a home fast. Home sellers can immensely benefit if they work with experienced and qualified full-service agents.
- Save with Full-Service Agents: Some of the best REALTORS offer their services at a flat rate or low commission. This allows home sellers to save on listing commission while selling their property.
» Realtors in Illinois: Sell your house with the top REALTORS in Illinois!
Resources for Selling Your House in Illinois
Learn about Flat Fee MLS and companies who offer the best services in America. Here’s our detailed blog on the top Flat Fee MLS companies in America.
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Listing Illinois
Can You List on MLS Without a Realtor?
No. In order to access the MLS, or list your home on the MLS, you need to be a registered broker or a real estate agent. A civilian cannot access the MLS without a broker or an agent. A flat fee MLS service in Illinois allows you to list your home on the MLS, edit your listing, and upload photos.
Do You Need an MLS to Sell Your Home?
Since 88% of buyers purchase their homes through an agent, and agents majorly use MLS as a source to find properties for their clients, it only makes sense to have your home listed on the MLS. So, yes, you do need MLS to sell your home otherwise you cut out 88% of potential buyers.
However, if you already have a buyer lined up – maybe your friend, family member, or a relative – then you can make a home sale without listing your home on the MLS.
How Much Do Flat Fee MLS Services Cost in Illinois?
A flat-fee MLS listing package in Illinois can cost you anywhere between $200-$500. However, there were some basic plans for as low as $100 and some comprehensive packages can charge up to $795.
Do I Still Need to Pay the Buyer's Agent Commission?
Yes, you do need to pay a 3% buyer’s agent commission if your buyer is represented by an agent. A flat fee MLS listing service will only save you listing agent’s commission of 3%. However, if you are lucky enough to find an unrepresented buyer then you save this 3% as well.
How Do I Sell by Owner in Illinois?
As per the real estate laws in Illinois, an FSBO seller needs to disclose all material defects about their home. These disclosures will include:
Safety and building
Insects and pests
Environmental concerns (asbestos or lead paint)
You need to disclose this information using a real estate property disclosure form. You can download the form from here.
Related: flat fee mls listing illinois, flat fee mls il, flat fee broker illinois, flat fee realtor illinois, flat fee real estate illinois, mls flat fee illinois, illinois flat fee listing, illinois mls flat fee, flat fee illinois, illinois flat fee mls, illinois flat fee mls listing, flat fee mls listing service in illinois, illinois flat fee mls reviews, fsbo mls listing illinois, mls illinois, mls illinois real estate, vanessa carlson realtor, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate market