Michigan real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. In June 2022, home prices in Michigan were up 9.6% compared to last year. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions.
That’s all the reason you need to use technology to sell your home and save $21,000 in average real estate agent commissions! That’s where our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Michigan services comes in handy.
Rankings: Best Flat Fee MLS Michigan Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Kermath Realty||$998||3%- 3.5%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. The Flat Fee Pros||$349 - $1,499||$19 - $1,300||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Flat Fee Realty||$249||0.1%- 0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Modern Way Realty||$695||0.1%- 0.5%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. FSBO||$399.95||$50- $200||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Homecoin||$95||$450 - $2,999||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Real People, Real Stories
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Michigan Companies
- 📌 In Michigan, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $329, the Silver at $349, the Gold at $399 and the Platinum at $429 + 0.75% at closing.
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Kermath Realty
Kermath Realty is a licensed Michigan real estate company. The broker, Jeff Kermath has been a licensed real estate broker for over 20 years.
Packages: They offer 4 Flat Fee MLS packages to home sellers.
- Bronze Package – $399: Includes a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. Other services include listing on the local MLS, printable color flyer, buyer lead forwarding, syndication to local REALTOR® Sites / IDX sharing and a regular yard sign.
- Silver Package – $499: Includes a listing term of 12 months with 35 photos. In addition to all the services of the Basic Package, you get assistance with contracts, addendums and disclosures, up to 3 open house postings, combo key box and virtual tours.
- Gold Package – $998: This package additionally includes Phone/Email Support, Negotiation assistance, QR code on your yard sign
digital signatures, social media sharing, Virtual Tour and Facebook/FSBO posting.
- Platinum Package – $349 + fee at closing: This is a full service package that includes the assistance of a broker to help you in your selling process.
👉 Our Take: Their Platinum Package includes a closing fee of $1,000 – $2,000. Hence, it might not let you save a lot while listing. Houzeo’s Gold Plan ensures a hassle-free listing at a much affordable rate. Moreover, its cutting edge technology helps you list your home in less than 60 minutes.
- Positive reviews from their clients
Kermath Realty has a (61 total reviews) on popular review site Google Reviews
Available across Michigan.
3. The Flat Fee Pros
With more than 50 years of combined experience, The Flat Fee Pros offers you the advice and guidance needed to sell your own property for top dollar.
Packages: Their Flat Fee MLS packages range from $349 – $1,499. With their packages, you can make unlimited changes to your listing at no additional charge. Plus, you also get several a-la-carte options like advertising open houses, aerial photography, and rush service for extra charges.
🚩You Should Know: They charge $19 – $249 for additional services like basic yard signs, virtual showings, and rush service. Moreover, their Bronze Plan includes 0.5% to a max of $1,000 of the sales price.
👉 Our Take: They have not specified the services that they offer with their packages. You do not get to know anything until you register with them.
- Multiple packages to choose from
- Free listing changes
- Drone photography available with the full service package
- Free yard sign provided with each package
- Rush service available at an additional cost of $49
- Market Analysis report charged extra
- Phone/email support and contract and disclosures are not available with the Basic Package
Not enough data was found to provide the information.
Available in most of the MLS in Michigan.
4. Flat Fee Realty
If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option.
Packages: Flat Fee Realty typically offers only ONE Flat Fee MLS listing package in every state. The price varies from $159 – $299. Only 6 photos can be uploaded with this listing. If you want to upload more photos, you must pay an additional $50.
👉 Our Take: The Flat Fee MLS packages they offer are less flexible. Whereas, with Houzeo, you have the freedom to customize your plan and control your expenses.
🚩 You Should Know: As mentioned on their website, their listing broker may retain 0.1% – 0.25% of the buyers’ broker commission
- Unlimited listing changes
- Free cancellation anytime and refund available within 30 days of purchase
- Free state disclosures for all the states
- Less scope of customization
- Listing broker may retain 0.1% – 0.25% of the buyers’ broker commission
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
Flat Fee Realty is licensed in Connecticut.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in this state.
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
5. Modern Way Realty
Modern Way Realty is a Flat Fee MLS Michigan company that offers Flat Fee MLSas well as Full-service packages.
Packages: They offer a Flat Fee package and a Full-Service package.
- Basic Package – $399: This is a “do it yourself” package that includes a 6-month listing term with 25 photos. Your home is listed on the Michigan MLS and websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, etc. Other services include real estate forms and disclosures, buyer lead forwarding, and ShowingTime setup.
- Premium Package – $795: In addition to all the services of the Basic Package, this package includes the assistance of a dedicated real estate agent to help you coordinate the sale.
👉 Our Take: Modern Way Realty offers only 1 Flat Fee MLS package for home sellers. The scope of customization is limited. Houzeo’s affordable packages allow customization that makes your home selling process easy and profitable.
- Both basic and advanced packages provide listing for up to 6 months
Modern Way Realty has a (75 total reviews) on popular review site Google Reviews.
Modern Way Realty is available only in major MLS’ in Michigan.
FSBO is a Flat Fee MLS listing service that allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
Packages: FSBO.com has 2 cost-effective packages that sellers can benefit from.
- $99.95 Package: Includes a listing term of 6 months. Property listed on FSBO.com and Redfin only. Additional items like yard signs or any other extras are chargeable.
- $399.95 Package: Listing term of 6 Months with up to 20 photos. Listing syndicated to realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia & many more. Additional services like CSS showing service, E-lockbox rental, maximum photos in the MLS, and yard signs are chargeable.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Adding a la carte items can add up to a total of $335 additional costs! If the seller wishes to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then they have to pay $75 and $150 respectively. To add maximum photos or get a yard sign, they have to pay $50 & $60 respectively.
👉 Our Take: FSBO.com offers pocket-friendly packages but charges high fees for additional services. Houzeo’s packages include various benefits with no additional fees.
» FSBO.com Reviews: You NEED to read these reviews.
- You can upload 1 video in the basic $99 package.
- No hidden fees.
- Additional fees for FSBO supplies.
- Limited a la carte items in their listing package.
No credible sources were found to provide the information.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets.
Homecoin is a tech-centric, Flat-Fee MLS platform registered in San Diego, California and now offers its services in 9 other states. Homecoin lures home sellers with its “affordable” FSBO listing. They provide a clunky online dashboard that makes complex FSBO listing paperwork more difficult.
Package: Homecoin offers 1 Flat Fee MLS listing package.
- Basic Package – $95 + a la carte charges: This package includes a listing term of 12 months with 10 free listing changes. You get to upload the maximum number of photos. Additionally, you get free calls and email forwarding. Homecoin has inflated the rates of for-sale yard signs, a $49 sign is sold at $97.
🚩 You Should Know: Homecoin charges additional fees during the FSBO transaction, and these hidden fees range from $450 to $2,999.
👉 Our Take: Selling your home with Homecoin can be quite expensive as they charge a hefty amount for extra services.
» Homecoin Reviews: Is the $95 listing fee too good to be true?
- 100% online
- FSBO listing
- Extra charges for state disclosures
- Hidden fees
Homecoin has 5 out of 5 stars (99 total reviews) on Yelp.
Homecoin covers multiple states and offers the following services:
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California.
- Flat Fee MLS Florida: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida.
- Flat Fee MLS Georgia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Georgia.
- Flat Fee MLS Michigan: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Michigan.
- Flat Fee MLS Missouri: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Missouri.
- Flat Fee MLS New York: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in New York.
- Flat Fee MLS North Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina.
- Flat Fee MLS South Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in South Carolina.
- Flat Fee MLS Tennessee: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Tennessee.
- Flat Fee MLS Virginia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Virginia.
🚩 Beware: Flat Fee MLS Michigan Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Michigan Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Michigan Pricing page
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services Near Me
Here are our reviews for Best Flat Fee MLS Michigan listing services near you.
|Grand Rapids||All Flat Fee MLS Grand Rapids, MI listing companies give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. These fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars.. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Grand Rapids, MI
|Detroit||Flat Fee MLS Detroit Companies can help home sellers list their property and sell it effectively without the intervention of a real estate agent. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Detroit, MI
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars on real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents in Michigan and affiliate professionals.
However, if you go through typical real estate companies in Michigan to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees.
On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service, is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount throuoa flat rate realtor.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
Do Flat Fee MLS Listings Work?
Yes. 88% of buyers purchase a property through a buyer’s agent. Therefore, these agents are vital in getting you top dollar for your property sale. So, if your house is not listed on the MLS, you are turning your back on 88% of customers already. In fact, Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How to List on MLS via a Flat Fee MLS Listing Service?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Service, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details of your house, the fixed fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Michigan.
Subsequently, the buyer agents will be able to view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
⚡ How To List on MLS: The fastest way to list on MLS!
Selling a House in Michigan: All You Need to Know
A disclosure statement is an essential form that details the condition of the property. In selling a home in Michigan, it’s the seller’s responsibility to disclose property defects that impact its value.
Some Flat Fee MLS Michigan companies provide these disclosures with their packages.
Here are the disclosure requirements you need to know if you are selling a property in Michigan.
- Michigan Seller’s Disclosure Statement
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure Michigan
» Michigan Seller Disclosures: Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
Sell A House By Owner in Michigan
If you want to sell a house FSBO in Michigan, list your home using Flat Fee MLS Michigan listing services. This way you skip paying hefty Realtor commissions.
You need to take care of certain important factors when you sell your house by owner in Michigan or any other state. These include decluttering, repairs, staging and most importantly marketing.
» How To Sell A House By Owner In Michigan: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House In Michigan
Sell Your House Fast in Michigan
The best ways to sell your house fast in Michigan are by listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Maximizing your net proceeds is as vital as selling it quickly.
» How to Sell My House Fast in Michigan: Know How to Sell Your House Fast in Michigan and for the Most Cash!
Closing Costs for Sellers in Michigan
You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Michigan. Additionally, every state has its own set of taxes.
But do not worry, you can calculate the approximate seller closing costs in Michigan with Houzeo’s advanced closing cost calculator.
» Seller Closing Costs in Michigan: Be Prepared for the Closing!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in Michigan
We talked about some of the best flat fee MLS companies in Michigan. But it should be noted that some flat fee MLS companies are quite notorious for marketing gimmicks and predatory practices.
An example could be that they would claim to allow free listing on the MLS but then charge you a percentage at the time of closing. Some Flat Fee MLS companies might also slap some hidden charges on you and make you pay thousands of dollars when you only expected to pay a small amount.
The companies that we mentioned above are all reliable and trusted real estate brands among home sellers. However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat fee MLS companies in Michigan, we suggest you go with these options:
Option 1: Sell to Discount Real Estate Brokers
- Full-Service at a Discount: Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
- Great Exposure: Most discount brokers have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a discount.
- Advanced Tech: Home sellers can list and sell their houses from the comfort of their homes with a click of a button. Some of the best discount brokers provide advanced seller dashboards, showings management, and much more.
Here are our top recommendations.
|Linked Realty||$4000 Flat Fee|
|Modern Way Realty||$795 or $895 Flat Fee|
|UpNest||$5000 Flat Fee|
|Ideal Agent||1.5% Commission|
Option 2: Sell “For Sale By Owner”
- Quick & Smooth Sale: 77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
- Complete Control Over the Process: The best part about doing FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without the intervention of a real estate agent.
- Save Thousands on Commissions: Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ For Sale By Owner Websites: We’ve reviewed the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
- Fair Market Value: Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses be it a distressed property or not.
- Save on Repairs: When selling a home for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. You can also try selling a house as-is in Michigan to save money and time.
- Fast Closing Process: Home sellers have lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies. Fewer formalities speed up the closing process significantly making it a quick transaction.
⚡ Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Michigan: Check out to Find the Best Cash Company in Michigan!
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price.
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable.
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price.
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than saving your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: We’ve rated the best iBuyers in America!
Option 5: Sell with Full-Service Real Estate Agents
If a home seller wishes to sell with a real estate agent, then they can opt for full-service Realtors who can help them to list and sell their property without any hassle. The benefits of selling your home with a full-service agent are:
- Help at Every Step: Home sellers can enjoy a smooth and stress-free sale because the REALTOR will take care of the complex steps. They will also help you find the best buyer for your property.
- Experienced Agents: Real estate brokers in Michigan with years of experience can provide great market insights to sell a home fast. Home sellers can immensely benefit if they work with experienced and qualified full-service agents.
- Save with Full-Service Agents: Some of the best REALTORS offer their services at a flat rate or low commission. This allows home sellers to save on listing commission while selling their property.
» Realtors in Michigan: Sell your house with the top REALTORS in Michigan!
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Michigan Companies
Which is the top Flat Fee MLS company in Michigan ?
houzeo is the top Flat Fee MLS company in Michigan. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
How Do I Evaluate Which One is the Best For Sale By Owner Website?
We’ve done it for you! We’ve evaluated all these sites based on the following dimensions: 1. Which website provides the most exposure to your property listing; 2. Which website allows you to offer a Buyer’s Agent Commission; 3. Which website offers the most control over your MLS listing; 4. When you request changes, which site gets them done the fastest – because as they say, time is money!; 5. Which website provides the best value in terms of fees. Read the blog for a detailed comparison!
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal In Michigan?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Michigan. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
Related Keywords: mls listings michigan, michigan mls listings, mls listings grand rapids michigan, mls real estate listings michigan, mls home listings michigan, mls rental listings michigan, mls listings midland michigan, mls listings west Michigan, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate market