Texas real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. But, home prices have increased by 15.7% to reach a median price of $385,800. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions!
Flat Fee MLS companies will help you save $12,000 on the median home in Texas! Here are our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in Texas.
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Texas Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Congress Realty||$299||$50- $800||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Texas MLS Broker||$399||1%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Creekview Realty||$1400||$400+||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Texas MLS Flat Fee||$248||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. FlatFeeByYou||$295||🚩0.5% |
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Texas Companies
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS Packages.
- Bronze Package – $299: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for in the listing process.
- Gold Package – $449: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $449+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish the listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge)
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Mobile app availability
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 ratings on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Manage your showings online
- Review and compare offers
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
2. Congress Realty
Founded by J. Andrew English, Congress Realty offers Flat Fee MLS listing services at affordable prices.
Packages: Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service package.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes a listing term of 6 months and 4 photos. Other services include access to all state forms & disclosures, Showing Appointment Tool, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: The services offered are similar to the basic package. Maximum number of photos are allowed and you get to make up to 10 free listing changes. Additionally, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: You get all the services of the Plus Package with unlimited open house postings, social media featured listing, and unlimited free listing changes.
- Full-Service Package – $399+: This package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
👉 Our Take: Compared to Houzeo, Congress Realty is low on tech. But if you are ok with some manual processes, it can be a good option for you.
» Seller Disclosures Texas: Learn How to Ace Your Disclosure Process.
- Customizable package, perfect for home sellers who know which service to spend on
- Listing syndicated to other websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com
- Free Comparative Market Analysis report on request
- Unlimited changes to your listing
- Only one package, which is slightly more expensive than their competitor’s basic package
- Additional costs for adding more photos and phone forwarding services
- No features for buyers i.e. directly making an online offer, buyer search features, etc.
Congress Realty has 4.8 out of 5 ratings on Google.
Congress Realty covers all of Texas.
3. Texas MLS Broker
Texas MLS Broker is a real estate brokerage firm that provides its services online through various listing packages.
Packages: Texas MLS Broker has 3 Flat Fee MLS packages for sellers to choose from.
- Standard MLS – $175: Includes a listing term of 6 months, and 12 MLS Photos. Other services include online broker support, and syndication to over 90 websites such as Zillow, realtor.com, and Homes.com.
- Premium MLS – $280: Includes a listing term of 12 months, and maximum photos allowed by the MLS. Services like contract & state disclosures and broker comparative market analysis are provided too.
- Showcase Package – $399: Listing term of 18 months and 50 photos or maximum allowed by your local MLS. Sellers get the option of not paying for the service at the beginning, instead, they can pay $899 at the time of closing.
👉 Our Take: Like Houzeo, Texas MLS Broker offers its services virtually. However, sellers might find it non-user-friendly without social media exposure and a seller dashboard to keep a check on their listing.
» Selling a House in Texas: Here are 7 things you should know about selling a house in Texas.
- Virtual real estate services from start to end.
- Online broker support even in the basic package.
- Cancellation is allowed as long as they are not under a contract.
- No social media exposure.
- No seller dashboard. You can’t manage your listing yourself, you will have to contact their customer support team if you need to edit your listing.
- No online offers, agents contact you via email or phone.
No credible reviews were found to provide the information.
Texas MLS Broker covers all the major cities in Texas.
4. Creekview Realty
Creekview Realty is an MLS listing company that offers its services to FSBO home sellers in Texas.
Packages: Creekview Realty Offers 2 expensive MLS listing packages including one full-representation package.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Creekview Realty charges $225 for professional photography and $100 for comparative market analysis. They also have a refundable $100 deposit for the Realtor keybox. Getting an additional yard sign is also chargeable by $50.
👉 Our Take: Compared to Houzeo’s economical packages, Creekview Realty’s packages are more expensive. Their additional charges for photography, CMA, etc make them a costly choice for sellers who want to save money. Houzeo’s services carry no hidden charges whatsoever.
» For Sale By Owner Websites: Read to know about the best FSBO websites.
- Limited social media exposure.
- Expensive packages compared to other Flat Fee MLS Companies in Texas.
- Photography & Comparative Market Analysis is chargeable.
- $100 refundable deposit for Electronic Realtor keybox.
Creekview Realty has 4.5 out of 5 ratings on Yelp.
Creekview Realty offers its services to all of Texas.
5. Texas MLS Flat Fee
Texas MLS Flat Fee is an MLS listing company that provides economical packages for home sellers in Texas.
Packages: Texas MLS Flate Fee has 3 packages that can benefit sellers.
- Silver Package – $168: Listing term of 6 months, and 6 Pictures on the MLS. Listing syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and realtor.com. Other services include paperless transactions, state forms, and disclosures. Bonus services include a virtual tour, custom URL, social media exposure, and more.
- Gold Package – $198: Listing term of 6 months, and 25 Pictures on the MLS. Listing syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and realtor.com. Other services include paperless transactions, state forms, and disclosures. Bonus services include a virtual tour, custom URL, social media exposure, and more.
- Platinum Package – $248: Listing term of 6 months, and 25 Pictures on the MLS, listing syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, realtor.com. Other services include paperless transactions, state forms, and disclosures. Bonus services include a virtual tour, custom URL, social media exposure, and more.
👉 Our Take: Texas MLS Flat Fee offers cost-effective packages for home sellers. But, whether they charge for their additional services is not clear. Houzeo’s packages are transparent about any additional fees if included.
» Selling a House Without a Realtor: A detailed guide for the Texas home seller!
- Lists your house within 48 hours.
- 100% refund after cancellation.
- Decide the buyer agent commission.
- Unlimited property description.
- Paperless transactions
- Bonus services include virtual tours, custom URL, social media exposure, and more.
No credible reviews available.
Texas MLS Flat Fee covers major MLS’ in Texas.
FlatFeeByYou is for those FSBO home sellers in Texas who are on a tight budget.
Packages: There are 3 packages that sellers can choose from.
- Basic Package – $45: Includes a listing period of 6 months. Other services include a free comparative report, phone, SMS, and email support, and syndication to various real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and more.
- Best Package – $95: Includes a listing period of 6 months. Other services include a free comparative report, unlimited changes, broker consultation, phone, SMS, and email support, and syndication to various top real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and more.
- Premium Package – $295: Includes a listing period of 6 months. Other services include a professional photo shoot, free comparative report, unlimited changes, broker consultation, phone, SMS, and email support, and syndication to various top real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and more.
🚨 Hidden Fee Warning🚨: FlatFeeByYou charges sellers a 0.5% commission at closing. They fix the buyer agent commission at 3%, out of which they pocket the 0.5% commission. Sellers should not get fooled by their cheap packages as it has a hidden fee.
👉 Our Take: Based on reviews, FlatFeeByYou offers subpar customer service that affects their sellers drastically. Houzeo on the other hand offers cost-effective packages, good customer care, and advanced tech to each seller without compromising on the quality of the service.
» Paperwork for Selling a House Without a Realtor: Learn all about the paperwork required for selling a house.
- Broker assistance provided in $95 & $295 packages.
- Unlimited changes to your listing are allowed in $95 & $295 packages.
- Additional charges for forms and disclosures.
- Professional photography is included in the $295 package.
- 0.5% commission at closing. (🚩Hidden Fee)
FlatFeeByYou has 2 out of 5 ratings (of 11 reviews) on Yelp.
FlatFeeByYou offers its services in the cities of Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio in Texas.
📣Customers Reveal the Truth
Helen and others in Texas were surprised by the deduction of 0.5% on the buyer agent commission! Look at what they have to say.
FSBO is a Flat Fee MLS listing service that allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
Packages: FSBO.com has 2 cost-effective packages that sellers can benefit from.
- $99.95 Package: Includes a listing term of 6 months. Property listed on FSBO.com and Redfin only. Additional items like yard signs or any other extras are chargeable.
- $399.95 Package: Listing term of 6 Months with up to 20 photos. Listing syndicated to realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia & many more. Additional services like CSS showing service, E-lockbox rental, maximum photos in the MLS, and yard signs are chargeable.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Adding a la carte items can add up to a total of $335 additional costs! If the seller wishes to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then they have to pay $75 and $150 respectively. To add maximum photos or get a yard sign, they have to pay $50 & $60 respectively.
👉 Our Take: FSBO.com offers pocket-friendly packages but charges high fees for additional services. Houzeo’s packages include various benefits with no additional fees.
» FSBO.com Reviews: You NEED to read these reviews.
- You can upload 1 video in the basic $99 package.
- No hidden fees.
- Additional fees for FSBO supplies.
- Limited a la carte items in their listing package.
No credible sources were found to provide the information.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets.
🚩Beware: Texas Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Texas Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming. For example, FlatFeeByYou in Texas charges a hidden fee of 0.5% commission at closing.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Texas Pricing page.
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services Near Me
We reviewed some of the best local real estate agents offering flat fee MLS service in the top cities of Texas. As these companies are based in the respective cities or counties, their expertise in those regions will help you sell your home.
With a range of services available with each of these local flat fee MLS listing companies in Texas, you can ensure that your home-selling journey is as smooth as it would be profitable.
|Austin||The packages offered by flat fee MLS listing services in Austin, Texas are pretty high-end. Two of the companies that we reviewed have high hidden fees. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Austin, TX
|Houston||All Flat Fee MLS Houston listing companies give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. These fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Houston, TX
|Dallas||There are no hidden fees with a flat rate realtor in Dallas. The services are well-known in Dallas, Texas for their excellent customer service. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Dallas, TX
|San Antonio||Flat Fee MLS San Antonio listing providers maximize your home’s exposure with proper market analysis. By adding a few more bucks you can choose extra services and make a valuable deal. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in San Antonio, TX
|El Paso||Flat Fee MLS El Paso packages will help you save thousands of dollars and list your house on local MLS. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in El Paso, TX
|Fort Worth||Your home will receive the maximum exposure on the local MLS with any Flat Fee MLS Fort Worth listing company. Few companies provide FSBO services as well. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Fort Worth, TX
Real People, Real Stories
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars on real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. This gives your property maximum exposure, increasing the chances of a sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents and affiliate professionals.
However, if you go through typical real estate companies in Texas to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees. On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realty or flat rate real estate agent.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Everything You Need To Know About Flat Fee MLS
Do Flat Fee MLS Texas Listings Work?
Yes. More than 50% of buyers wanted an agent to find them a house. Therefore, real estate agents are vital in getting top dollar for your property sale. In fact, the Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How to List on MLS via a Flat Fee MLS Texas Listing Service?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing in Texas, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details of your house, the fixed fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites.
Subsequently, the buyer agents will be able to view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
⚡ How to List on MLS: The fastest way to list on MLS!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in Texas
Many flat-fee MLS companies are quite notorious for marketing gimmicks and predatory practices like a free listing on the MLS and then charging you a hefty percentage when closing. They might slap some hidden charges and make you pay thousands of dollars when you only expected to pay hundreds of dollars.
The companies we mentioned above are reliable and trusted real estate brands amongst home sellers and that’s why you should not worry about any malpractices from the aforementioned companies.
However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat rate listing companies in Texas then you have other options:
Option 1: Discount Brokers
Discounts brokers are either companies or individuals – who work at a discounted fee or a flat fee, instead of a 2%-3% standard listing agent commission. Their fee can be as little as 1%. However, do remember this, you still have to pay the buyer’s agent commission of 2%-3%.
Discount real estate brokers in Texas can be a good alternative for home sellers because they are licensed brokers who will assist you throughout the transaction.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Hometiva||$3,495 Flat Fee|
|Heights Discount Realty||5% commission|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|UpNest||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Texas Discount Real Estate Brokers: We’ve ranked the top discount brokers in Texas.
Option 2: Sell “For Sale By Owner”
This alternative is suggested only when you have a buyer ready to buy your house. When you don’t have a buyer and you don’t even list on the MLS, you are potentially losing out on 87% of the buyers who are buying through an agent.
Also, agents’ #1 way of finding a fantastic home for their clients is the Multiple Listing Service, MLS. Keeping your property on the top Texas MLS’ without any buyer offers is of no use.
If you don’t want to use an MLS, you can rely on social media marketing and sites like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, or even your yard sign.
⚡ For Sale By Owner Websites: Check out our rankings of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
Some property owners may find that companies buying houses for cash are a good alternative. They are a good option as they come with a slew of advantages like an easy closing process and no inspections or open house requirements. In fact, you don’t even have to make an effort to clean and repair your house.
Whether you’re a real estate investor or just a regular home seller, selling a home that requires a lot of work can be a hassle. Most retail buyers will be unable to acquire your home if it is unsightly or requires extensive modifications. Here’s when cash companies can help you.
However, the primary drawback of selling to a cash home buyer is that you might miss out on the open market competition, which you will only see if you list through a Flat Fee Realtor. There are also chances that you might end up selling your house at a lower price than expected.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Texas: Check our rankings of the Best Cash Company in Texas!
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours, however, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Texas
Who offers the best flat fee MLS listing service in Texas?
Texas MLS Broker and Congress Realty are some of the best Flat Fee MLS listing companies in Texas. However, with its advanced technology and great customer service, Houzeo is the best Flat Fee MLS listing website in Texas.
Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Texas?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Texas. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
How long will it take for my MLS listing to go live?
The stipulated time to list is 2 business days after you’ve completed all your tasks accurately and the broker doesn’t have any questions for you. But for most MLS’ in Texas, your listing can be up in 4 to 8 business hours (Central Time).
Related: flat fee MLS listing Austin tx, flat fee MLS listing companies, realtor flat fee, for sale by owner MLS flat fee, flat fee brokerage, best for sale by owner MLS listing service, flat fee brokers in texas, list house on MLS for flat fee, texas flat fee realtors, flat fee listing agent, texas listing service, flat fee real estate texas, flat fee real estate brokers texas.