Wisconsin real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. But, home prices have increased by 10.4% to reach a median price of $289,000. High home prices result in high real estate commissions.
Flat Fee MLS companies will help you save $8,000 on the median home in Wisconsin! Here are our rankings of the best MLS listing services in Wisconsin.
Rankings: Best Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes||$2,100||⚠️$100||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Lake Country Flat Fee||$2,995||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Madcity Homes||$500||⚠️$5-$295||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Sconsin Sells||1% commission||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. List With Standard||1% commission||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Flat Fee Realty||$249||0.1%- 0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin Listing Services
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo offers 3 Flat Fee MLS Packages.
- Bronze Package – $319: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for in the listing process.
- Gold Package – $449: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge)
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Mobile app availability
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars (out of 3,513 reviews) on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish the listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Manage your showings online
- Review and compare offers
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
2. Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes
Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes is a family-owned real estate business that offers its services in Wisconsin.
Packages: Milwaukee Flat Fee MLS provides a single full-service package.
- Listing Plan – $550: Includes a listing period of 1 year. Listing gets syndicated to 750+ local and national websites like Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, and more. Professional photography, in-person consultation, market analysis, and yard sign is included in the package as well.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Besides the $550 package costs, you also have to pay $1550 for contract negotiation services at closing. They charge $100 extra for listings more than 30 miles outside the Historic Third Ward.
👉 Our Take: The $550 package is great for Wisconsin home sellers who live within 30 miles of the Historic Third Ward. But, sellers can incur additional charges if they want contract negotiation. Houzeo offers all the necessary services in their packages with no additional charges.
- Market Analysis Reports.
- Pricing Assistance.
- Social Media exposure.
- Professional Photography.
- Yard Sign
- Additional fees for homes located 30 miles outside of the Historic Third Ward.
Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes has 4.6 out of 5 stars (67 total reviews) on Google.
Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes currently only serves Sheboygan, Fond Du Lac, Manitowoc, Calumet, Outagamie, and Winnebago counties, and the Appleton metro area.
3. Lake Country Flat Fee
Lake Country Flat Fee is a Flat Fee MLS company operating mainly in southeast Wisconsin.
Packages: They provide only one package.
- Full-Service package – $2995: Includes a listing term of 6 months and 50 MLS Photos. All services from listing on MLS to negotiations and closing are provided. Free listing changes, cancellations, and a yard sign are also included in the package.
👉 Our Take: Unlike Houzeo, their package is expensive. However, if you are okay with a pricey package, then they are a great choice for locals.
- Pricing assistance and market analysis report.
- Solid track record and experienced real estate team.
- Professional photography.
- Listing can be extended and canceled with no additional charge or penalty fees.
- No hidden fees.
- No customization or a la carte services.
- Does not cover the entire Wisconsin state.
Lake Country Flat Fee has 4.8 out of 5 stars (176 total reviews) on Google.
They only cover southeast Wisconsin.
4. Madcity Homes
Madcity Homes offers an alternative to traditional real estate in Wisconsin through their Flat Fee services.
Packages: Madcity Homes has one Flat Fee MLS package that can be upgraded to a full-service package.
- Flat Fee MLS Package – $500: It includes a listing period of 6 months and professional photographs. The package also contains a comparable sales summary, and a rental yard sign (available in Dane County only). The listing gets syndicated to local MLS and their website, and real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Full-service package – $2,500: This package includes sellers getting full-representation services. It includes negotiations, supra lockbox, counteroffers, amendments, addendums, and notices.
👉 Our Take: Madcity Homes charges additional fees to extend the period, install new signs, and more. These charges can be anywhere between $5 – $295.
- They provide non-MLS exposure by syndicating your listing to real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, etc.
- Comparable market analysis.
- Pricing assistance
- Professional photography
- High Cost if you prefer an agent
- Sign and digital lockbox are not available in all areas.
- Sellers can get add-ons on their services.
Madcity Homes has 4.9 out of 5 stars (75 total reviews) on Google.
This Flat Fee listing service is currently available in Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Gree, Iowa, Jefferson, Rock, and Sauk counties only.
5. Sconsin Sells
Sconsin Sells provides great listing packages for sellers in Wisconsin.
Packages: Sconsin Sells provides 3 packages for home sellers.
- Silver Listing – $299: The package includes a listing period of 3 months on MLS and 25 photos. The listing gets syndicated on local MLS and real estate websites like Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, etc. It also includes email support.
- Gold Listing – $599: The package includes a listing period of 12 months with 35 photos. The listing gets syndicated on local MLS and real estate websites like Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, etc. It also includes phone and email support.
- Full-Service Package – 1% commission at closing: The full-service package comes with a low commission option of 1% and lists your home until sold. The seller can add 50 photos and gets phone/email support in this package.
👉 Our Take: Sconsin Sells offers unique packages for sellers to choose from. But with limited tech, it is not favorable for the 21st century home seller. Houzeo offers advanced tools that will expedite the sale process and make it more accessible.
- Buyer leads are directly forwarded to the seller.
- Up to 25 photos are allowed in the base package.
- Phone and email support are available, except in the basic package.
- No market analysis report or home valuation report unless you buy their premium package.
- Additional fees for open house postings.
Not enough credible sources were found to provide the information.
Covers all the major counties in Wisconsin.
6. List With Standard
List With Standard helps sellers save thousands of dollars through their flat fee listing packages.
Packages: List With Standard has 3 packages for home sellers in Wisconsin.
- Silver Listing – $299: The listing package lists your home for 3 months on MLS. The package includes 25 photos, email support, seller forms, and more.
- Gold Listing – $599: The package includes a listing period of 12 months. It also includes 35 photos, seller forms, a lockbox, yard sign, coordinate showings, etc.
- Platinum Listing – 1% at closing: The Full-Service Package comes with a low commission option of 1% and lists your home until sold with 50 photos.
👉 Our Take: List with Standard’s Gold package is expensive compared to other Flat Fee MLS companies. Houzeo provides, that a home seller can enjoy all the benefits.
- Experienced Agents.
- They’re a local family-owned and operated business, they can provide great local expertise.
- Syndication to Local Realtor Sites, Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, Etc.
- Seller forms are included in the Gold & Platinum packages.
- Additional fees to host open houses.
No credible reviews are available for this company. However, they do have some great testimonials on their website.
List With Standard provides its services to the entire state of Wisconsin.
7. Flat Fee Realty
If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option.
Packages: Flat Fee Realty typically offers only ONE Flat Fee MLS listing package in every state. The price varies from $159 – $299. Only 6 photos can be uploaded with this listing. If you want to upload more photos, you must pay an additional $50.
👉 Our Take: The Flat Fee MLS packages they offer are less flexible. Whereas, with Houzeo, you have the freedom to customize your plan and control your expenses.
🚩 You Should Know: As mentioned on their website, their listing broker may retain 0.1% – 0.25% of the buyers’ broker commission
- Unlimited listing changes
- Free cancellation anytime and refund available within 30 days of purchase
- Free state disclosures for all the states
- Less scope of customization
- Listing broker may retain 0.1% – 0.25% of the buyers’ broker commission
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
Flat Fee Realty is licensed in Connecticut.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in this state.
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
Real People, Real Stories
🚩 Beware: Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Wisconsin Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin Pricing page.
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services in Wisconsin Cities
Here are our reviews for the Best Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin listing services near you.
As these companies are based in the respective cities or their counties, their expertise in those respective regions will help you sell your home with ease.
With a range of services available with each of these local flat fee listing companies in Wisconsin, you can ensure that your home-selling journey is as smooth as it would be profitable.
|Milwaukee||Flat Fee MLS Milwaukee packages will help you save thousands of dollars and list your house on local MLS. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Milwaukee, WI
|Madison||Madison Flat Fee MLS listing providers maximize your home's exposure with proper market analysis. By adding a few more bucks you can choose extra services and make a valuable deal. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Madison, WI
|Appleton||All Flat Fee MLS Appleton, WI listing companies give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. These fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Appleton, WI
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars on real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents and affiliate professionals.
However, if you go through a real estate agent to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees.
On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service, is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realtor.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
Do Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin Listings Work?
Yes. 88% of buyers purchase a property through a buyer’s agent. Therefore, these agents are vital in getting you top dollar for your property sale. So, if your house is not listed on the MLS, you are turning your back on 88% of customers already. In fact, Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How to List on MLS via a Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin Listing Service?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Service, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details of your house, the fixed fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites.
Subsequently, the buyer agents will be able to view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
⚡ List on MLS: The fastest way to list on MLS!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in Wisconsin
We talked about some of the best flat fee MLS companies in Wisconsin. But it should be noted that some flat fee MLS companies are quite notorious for marketing gimmicks and predatory practices.
An example could be that they would claim to allow free listing on the MLS but then charge you a percentage at the time of closing. Some Flat Fee MLS companies might also slap some hidden charges on you and make you pay thousands of dollars when you only expected to pay a small amount.
The companies that we mentioned above are all reliable and trusted real estate brands among home sellers. However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat fee MLS companies in Wisconsin, we suggest you go with these options:
Option 1: Discount Brokers
Discounts brokers are those brokers – companies or individuals – who work at a discounted fee or a flat fee, instead of a 3% standard listing agent commission. Their fee can be as little as 1%. However, do remember that you will still have to pay the buyer’s agent commission which may be around 3%.
Discount real estate brokers in Wisconsin can be a good alternative for home sellers because they are licensed brokers who will assist you throughout the transaction.
Here are our top recommendations.
|Redefined Realty||3.99% total commission|
|Benefit Realty||3.9% total commission|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out the Best Discount Brokers in America.
Option 2: Sell “For Sale By Owner”
This alternative is suggested only when you have a buyer ready to buy your house. When you don’t have a buyer and you don’t even list on the MLS, you are potentially losing out on 87% of the buyers who are buying through an agent.
Also, agents’ #1 way of finding a fantastic home for their clients is the Multiple Listing Service, MLS. Keeping your property on the top Wisconsin MLS’ without any buyer offers is of no use.
If you don’t want to use an MLS, you can rely on social media marketing and sites like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, or even your yard sign.
⚡ For Sale By Owner Websites: We’ve reviewed the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
Some property owners may find that companies buying houses for cash are a good alternative. They are a good option as they come with a slew of advantages like an easy closing process and no inspections or open house requirements. You don’t even have to make an effort to clean and repair your house.
Whether you’re a real estate investor or just a regular home seller, selling a home that requires a lot of work can be a hassle. Most retail buyers will be unable to acquire your home if it is unsightly or requires extensive modifications. Here’s when cash companies can help you.
However, the primary drawback of selling to a cash home buyer is that you might miss out on the open market competition, which you will only see if you list through a Flat Fee Realtor. There are also chances that you might end up selling your house at a lower price than expected.
⚡ Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Wisconsin: Check out to Find the Best Cash Company in Wisconsin!
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that will buy your home for cash outright. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. An iBuyer can offer and close the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- Their offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is often non-negotiable
- They charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the purchase price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: We’ve rated the best iBuyers in America!
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin
Who offers the best flat fee MLS listing service in Wisconsin?
Houzeo offers advanced tech and exposure that makes it the best flat fee MLS in Wisconsin. Locals can also approach Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes and Lake Country Flat Fee, the #2 and #3 companies in Wisconsin.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal In Wisconsin?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including Wisconsin. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
How do I get access to the MLS in Wisconsin?
To get access to the MLS, a seller has to list with a licensed agent. Only licensed real estate agents and brokers have access to the MLS.
Related: flat fee MLS listing Wisconsin, flat rate realtors near me, flat fee realtors near me, flat fee realtor Wisconsin, discount real estate brokers Milwaukee, multiple listing service wi, multiple listing service Wisconsin, Milwaukee flat fee MLS, Milwaukee flat fee realtor, best wi realtor, flat fee homes for sale, flat fee real estate, top realtors in Appleton wi, flat fee for MLS listing, flat fee broker, MLS access cost, sell your home low commission, flat fee real estate brokers near me, MLS Milwaukee wi, Wisconsin MLS, flat fee MLS madison, flat rate fee real estate, Milwaukee MLS, Wisconsin flat fee real estate.