Pictures paint a thousand words. Showcasing the best features of your home with the right angle and lighting makes all the difference. Homes that are well-photographed sold 32% faster. Most buyers hunt for homes online, thus you need to make a great first impression. This guide on the best real estate photography in Albuquerque, NM will help you understand the nitty-gritty of taking great shots for your listing photos.
What is Real Estate Photography?
Real estate photography is taking professional pictures of a property to sell and market it better. It is most commonly used for listing a property for sale online.
Why Real Estate Photography is Important?
Well-photographed photos grab the attention of a potential buyer and are 32% more likely to get sold faster.
Homes listed with Professional Photos vs Amateur Photos
Homes with professional photos get 61% more views than amateur photos. A real estate photographer will know the correct angle, lighting, time of the day, and elements to focus on when taking pictures of your house.
Albuquerque Real Estate Photography Tips
1. Declutter and groom
Before your photo session, clean the house thoroughly. Tidy up every nook and cranny, especially the corners. Camera flash can easily pick up dust due to light reflection. So, make sure your home is nice and neat.
2. Enhance the visual appeal through staging
The exterior features of your house are the first thing your buyer will see online, thus staging your property is an essential process in marketing your home. When a home staging is done correctly, that’s half the battle won.
Why Home Staging is Important?
- Staging enhances the beauty and special features of the property.
- Buyers are more enticed to check your house in person when the photos are promising.
- Your prospects can easily imagine living in the property with the great listing photos you’ve posted.
- Staging adds visual interest.
To Learn More Read: Home Staging Tips
3. Examine your property first
It’s also important to feel the space before you take photos. Find out the rooms that need more improvement or tidying up. Play with the different angles in your head. Or just start visualizing which is the right angle to take the best shots. Find the special point of the room that stands out easily, and use it as your focal point.
4. Turn on all the home lights
Home lights are an essential source of brightness that helps showcase the best features of your property. Replace burnt-out light bulbs. Make sure all your home lights work so you’ll have a good impression on your buyers. However, you can also use flashes to improve room lighting and highlight some details.
Best Time of Day for Real Estate Photography
When’s the right time to do your listing shots? Although this is debatable, most professionals agree to do it 1+hours after sunrise or 1+hours before sunset. That’s probably 7:00 am afterward and from 4:00 to 7:00 pm (the golden hour).
The first rule of thumb is to pick a sunny day or partly sunny day to make the photo bright and warm. If you only have a smartphone (although we highly recommend a quality digital camera), set the settings to HDR or high dynamic range to snapshot with sharp details. Depending on the time of the day, there are a few types of lighting for real estate photography you can go for.
Twilight Photography: Property photographs are taken during the evening. This type of photography is best suited for properties with many outdoor areas like a large back and front yard, pool, and garden.
They give the property an alluring appeal. Make sure the indoor lights are on at full capacity to provide contrast. Dusk real estate photography stands out from other ones since the majority of the property pictures listed online are taken in during the day.
5. Use a tripod
Ask any professional photographers, and they’ll always give you this tip. A tripod is an absolute must. It simplifies the shooting process. For places with low light, a solid tripod can be helpful to avoid the blurry effect. You can also get sharp-quality photos when you want to do a late-night photo session.
Interior shots mustn’t be done handheld. It is necessary to use proper stability to capture the features of your property. It maintains the perspective of all your shots. Consistency is the key when it comes to real estate listing photos.
6. Shoot with a wide lens
If you have enough budget, choose a wide-angle lens to improve your listing shots. In real estate photography, most pro-level real estate professionals use wide-angle lenses to visually enlarge the room. This helps create a sense of depth and makes spaces bigger than they really are. Here are the usual real estate photography camera settings or requirements or specs 16-35mm (full-frame), 10-22mm, and 12-24mm (cropped sensor cameras). Another thing, is you have to shoot in raw so you can edit the photos easily.
7. Keep a lot of natural light
When you’re ready to shoot, open all the doors and windows so there’s enough amount of sunlight that could come into your photos. Though artificial light from light fixtures can help, nothing beats natural light that gives off a natural look. Also, LED panels and reflectors can help enhance the natural light
Rooms that are filled with direct sunlight are perfect for shooting. When the sunlight reaches the walls and floors, it makes the room more inviting and cozier.
8. Shoot with different angles
Find creative ways to make your photos look interesting. Pay attention to details. Avoid odd and trivial angles when you shoot. Homes come in different shapes, styles, and sizes. Seek the best perspective in the main rooms, especially in the dining area, living room, kitchen, and bedrooms. The key is to keep your camera angle at about chest height and shoot directly.
9. Edit the Photos
Consider photo editing to finalize the shots. There are a bunch of applications or tools to adjust hue and saturation, or increase brightness. You can use Adobe Lightroom to edit the photos in one go with the same modifications. There are available presets that you can choose from that can add depth and contrast to your photos in just a few clicks.
There are also a number of techniques that one can use to enhance property photos:
Real Estate Photography Editing
- Flambient Real Estate Photography: The “flambient” method for real estate photography combines both flash and ambient light in your shots. Pictures are taken using a flash and without a flash. This is done to eliminate shadows or overexposure and to give a balanced image in the end.
- Blue Sky Real Estate Photography: Exterior background of the property can make or break the picture. A blue sky in the background enhances the picture vs a cloudy or gray sky dulls the picture. Blue sky real estate photography technique replaces the dull sky with sky blue sky and makes the property photo appear cleaner and crisp.
- Bracketing Real Estate Photography: Bracketing is a photography technique where a picture of the same shot is taken from different camera settings. This is done to avoid overexposure or shadows in a picture.
- 3D Real Estate Photography: 3D photography includes photos, videos, and a 360-degree view of the property to give a virtual tour of a property. It is mostly used when a property is under construction, for potential buyers.
What to Avoid
- No local point shots, or rough and irregular framing.
- Blurred photos, overexposed, or underexposed images.
- Don’t include cars, people, or pets in the photos.
- Don’t take a shot of your room’s interior from the corner.
- Place away kitchen devices, toasters, blenders, etc.
- Don’t show your sponges, soaps, towels, toiletries, or other personal items.
- Make sure you put toilet seats and lids down.
Benefits of Good Listing Photos
- Your property stands out.
- You’ll gain more interested buyers.
- You’ll have great offers.
- You can sell your house quickly.
Why Do You Need a Real Estate Photographer in Albuquerque, NM?
A professional real estate photographer knows how to capture your property and make it more appealing once listed online. Your property will sell quickly and at a higher price if you make a listing with professionally photographed pictures.
Best Real Estate Photographers: Check out the best real estate photographers in the U.S
But would you hire a professional to take your listing photos?
If you don’t have enough time to research and do the above mentioned tips, you need to hire a real estate photographer. These are experts in real estate photography and can manage to take great shots with the expected stellar outcome.
Albuquerque, NM Real Estate Photography Prices
Real Estate Photography in Albuquerque, NM can cost you between $150 – $500 depending on the photographer or photography company you go for.
Most buyers glance at photos that stand out and look visually appealing. With our guide on best real estate photography in Albuquerque, NM you can now feature the best shots, so buyers will immediately want to see your property.
Moreover, there are other ways you can bring the wow factor to your buyers. You can do virtual tours of your home—with high-resolution photos and a 3D floor plan that lets your prospect explore the rooms. Nevertheless, we can’t deny that great listing photos can help market your house fast. If you’re in an FSBO or Flat Fee route, learning the tricks and tips of how to take great listing photos can get you ahead of others.
- Best Home Staging Companies: Staged homes see $400 above the listing price. To help you maximize your profits we have compiled a list of the best home staging companies in the USA
- Best Real Estate Websites in New Mexico: When selling or buying a home, you need the best real estate platforms to list or sell your property. Read our reviews of the best real estate websites in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- How to Flip a House: House flipping is profitable if done correctly. Read our comprehensive guide on how to flip a house to know more
- Home Inspectors: Find the best home inspectors in the U.S and avoid buying a house with high repair costs!
Related: Albuquerque NM real estate photographer, Albuquerque NM real estate photography, real estate photographer Albuquerque NM, real estate photography Albuquerque NM, best real estate photography Albuquerque NM, best real estate photographer Albuquerque NM, home photographer Albuquerque NM, real estate photography company Albuquerque NM, real estate photography services Albuquerque NM, top real estate photography companies Albuquerque NM, 360 photographer Albuquerque, 360 photography Albuquerque, 3d virtual tours Albuquerque NM, abilene real estate photography, aerial photography Albuquerque NM
aerial photography Albuquerque new mexico, aerial photography Albuquerque NM, apartment photographer Albuquerque NM, best real estate photography Albuquerque, best real estate photography websites Albuquerque NM, drone photography Albuquerque NM, drone photography Albuquerque NM, home photography Albuquerque NM, home selling photographer Albuquerque NM, home shots real estate photography Albuquerque NM, home visit photography Albuquerque NM, house for sale photographer Albuquerque NM, Albuquerque NM house photography, house photography Albuquerque NM, house sale photography Albuquerque NM, drone real estate photography Albuquerque NMUncategorized