Real estate is 17% of the US economy. $32 billion was invested into real estate technology just last year. With all that money flowing in, some of the most advanced and powerful real estate website platforms are in U.S. Real Estate.
America’s most advanced and best real estate websites radically redefine how you buy, sell, and rent homes. These top real estate companies offer superb technology, advanced mobile apps, and thousands of dollars in savings for your real estate transaction!
In this blog, we have ranked some of the best U.S. real estate websites.
Rankings of Top Real Estate Websites in 2023
|FSBO Website||Recommended For||Ratings||Mobile App|
|7. Realty Trac||Investors||3.5/5|
Reviews: 12 Best Real Estate Websites in America
MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission. Houzeo offers you 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan for most home sellers. It’s only $399 in most markets and provides you access to high-tech features like Houzeo Offers and Houzeo Showings.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars on Google & Trustpilot
- Licensed Broker Support: Houzeo allows you to sell your house by owner, with a 5-star rated customer support team.
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore FSBO homes for sale and directly make an offer online.
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Get Thousands Back in Buyer Rebates: In all but 10 states, brokers on Houzeo offer thousands in rebates back to home buyers.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo has a 4.9/5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is an online real estate website that allows for sale by owners to list their homes for a flat fee. Home sellers can list their property with Houzeo for as little as $349.
Houzeo provides advanced tools that enable modern home sellers to list quickly and sell their homes with ease. It also has a user-friendly mobile application to assist home sellers and buyers.
BEST TECH-ENABLED BROKERAGE
Redfin is America’s #1 discount real estate brokerage. This low-commission broker specializes in home buying. Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1.5% Commission: This is a full-service package. This includes pricing assistance, listing paperwork, negotiation support, etc.
- Redfin Concierge – 2.5% Commission: The “Concierge” plan includes everything from the Full-Service package. Additionally, it includes services like professional cleaning, home staging, and everything.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1.5% Commission: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes everything that comes with the Full-Service package.
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good option if you are looking for a nationwide discount real estate broker. We recommend its concierge plan because it includes that can make a successful real estate transaction.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission – 1.5%: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Buyer Rebate – 0.5%: Clients who sell and buy with Redfin within one year get a rebate of 0.5% in the second transaction. However, this offer is available with the Full Service Plan.
- Detailed Paperwork: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and an elaborate listing agreement with a marketing plan.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Lack of Personalized Services: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service, as they serve a high volume of clients.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents. This means you get an agent assigned automatically without having any choice in the matter.
- Agents are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you services apart from Redfin’s defined services.
Redfin has an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Redfin is America’s best discount real estate brokerage that specializes in home buying. It also offers a 0.5% refund if you sell and buy a house with Redfin within a year.
Redfin is a good option for anyone who wants to save as much money in the house-buying process as possible. But make sure to check the customer reviews first.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1.5% Fees, Pros, Alternatives, and Buyers Rebate.
Instant Cash Offers
Opendoor is the country’s best and largest iBuyer. It offers instant cash offers on homes with flexible closing times.
- Service Fee – 5%: Opendoor makes cash offers on homes and charges a service fee of 5% of the home sale price which can go up to 14%. In 2023, Opendoor will likely offer 70% to 90% of the property’s Fair Market Value (FMV).
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: In 2023’s real estate market, Opendoor may not be the best option to sell your home to because their offer will be below fair market value.
» Opendoor Reviews: Why Will Opendoor Pay Much Less than Fair Market Value in 2023?
Opendoor has the following advantages which make it stand out from other cash companies:
- Cash Offer in 24 Hours: Your home selling experience with Opendoor is quick, easy, and comes with a preliminary offer within 24 hours.
- Flexible Closing Date: Once you accept Opendoor’s final offer, you can choose a closing date between 14 and 60 days.
- Opendoor Exclusives: Opendoor also offers properties that are not listed anywhere else on the market.
- Wide Coverage: It offers iBuyer services in 48 metro areas.
- Late Checkout Upto 14 Days: Opendoor allows sellers to close on their homes, receive sale proceeds, and temporarily rent their homes.
- No Cancellation Fees: You can cancel the contract without any cancellation fee.
- No Upfront Costs: When you sell to Opendoor, you skip the traditional home selling process. No need to fix, repair or stage the property!
- Fantastic UI Experience: Opendoor provides a good mobile application for its users.
» What is Home Staging: Learn more about home staging, pros, cons, and costs of staging a property.
In our research, we have found some significant drawbacks of Opendoor.
- Lowball Cash Offer: Opendoor’s final cash offer may be below the property’s fair market value, around 70%. They also deduct repair and closing costs.
- Service Fee – 5%: Opendoor charges a 5% service fee which can go up to 14%. Plus they may add on additional repair costs post the home inspection.
- Non-Negotiable Offer: Opendoor’s offer is a take-it-or-leave-it offer, which leaves you zero room for negotiation.
- Undisclosed Costs: The offer doesn’t disclose the repair cost breakdown, service fees, and closing costs.
- Opendoor May Back Out of the Deal: Some homeowners have had a bad experience with Opendoor. Opendoor backed out of the cash deal at the last minute, leaving the homeowner stranded.
- Strict Eligibility Criteria: Opendoor doesn’t pay cash for inherited properties, homes with tenants, pre-fabricated or mobile homes, and properties located in a flood zone.
Opendoor has an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars across 3,092 reviews on Reviews.io.
Opendoor makes all-cash offers to homeowners within 24 hours of submitting a request for an offer on their website. However, Opendoor’s service fees can be as high as 14% of your home’s sale price.
In 2023’s slow real estate market, Opendoor may not be the best option to sell your home. Their offer will be below the fair market value of your property.
» Offerpad vs. Opendoor: Compare the two iBuyers before requesting a cash offer on your house.
User Friendly App
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace, with more than 200 million monthly visitors.
- Buyer’s Agent Commission: A seller will pay the buyer’s agent commission, which will normally cost 3% of the home’s selling price.
👉 Our Take: Zillow enables buyers to look for homes from a large pool of listings and guides them through the complex home-buying process. However, before starting your home-buying process, make sure to read its customer reviews.
» Zillow Reviews: The TRUTH about Zillow’s Free Listing!
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
- Advanced Search: Zillow has saved your search criteria with its “save search” feature. It has more than 20 filters to narrow down your ideal property based on the preferences of price, beds and baths, home type, and many more.
- Largest Marketplace: With many tools and information for buyers, Zillow is the largest real estate website for buyers, renters, real estate agents, and much more.
- Mobile App: Yes.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
- FSBO Listings Will be Hidden: Zillow hides FSBO seller listings by default. This causes potential buyers to “contact an agent” that routes them to Zillow Premier Agent and pay high listing fees $$$.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.7/5 (305 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Zillow is the most popular real estate website in America. It extracts the data from top MLS platforms and assists buyers and agents to view the listings directly on the platform.
As the most experienced real estate website, Zillow provides its users with an on-demand experience for buying with a seamless end-to-end service. However, Zillow has poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles.
Trulia is owned by Zillow, and it aims to be a one-stop shop for home buyers and sellers.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, this means you might end up paying the traditional 3%-6% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: Trulia’s app is powerful and easy to use. Home buyers and tenants do much of their property search using their mobile devices, which makes it our choice for the best informative mobile app.
» Trulia Reviews: Is It Truly a Smart Choice to Sell or Rent? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
Trulia has an easy-to-use app that is preferred by a lot of customers. It has other following features:
- MLS Listings: Trulia offers over 1 million listings directly sourced from the MLS. It has incredible home-buying features, like a comprehensive map, narrowing down your search based on price range, home style, number of bedrooms, and many more.
- Easy Home Search: You can easily find homes for sale or rent on Trulia. You can also check the price trend of a listed property.
- Local Coverage: It offers a comprehensive map and filters, which make it easier to look for local information about the property.
- Best Calculators: Trulia has a mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator to serve you better.
- Tutorial Guide: Tutorial guides teach you how to maximize your app experience.
- Neighborhood Information: It provides extensive information about the neighborhood like schools, cafes, pet-safe properties, community events, etc.
- Mobile App: Trulia has the best mobile app for buyers with a comprehensive search feature.
- Inconsistent Estimates: The algorithm Trulia uses to estimate home prices may not always be accurate.
- Poor Customer Support: Several customers have complained about Trulia’s lack of support on BBB, Trustpilot, and Sitejabber.
- No Listing Option: Trulia does not provide any property listing options.
Trulia has a rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Trulia is a dynamic, powerful, and easy-to-use house-hunting website. It offers the best home-buying features like a comprehensive map to narrow down your search based on price range, home style, number of bedrooms, and many more.
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary that aims to be the one-stop solution for all home buyers. However, it does not provide FSBO listings.
Online Home Buying Site
Homes.com contains millions of listings and attracts a huge number of homebuyers. That’s why it is featured among our list of top real estate search sites.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website. Although you will have to pay the common closing costs, home inspection, appraisal, etc.
👉 Our Take: Customers who want to gauge property value variations and understand if the neighborhood is gaining value, stagnant, or declining, will find this website helpful.
» Best Home Finder Sites: These best home-buying websites help buyers search for properties online. Check them out!
- Snap and Search Feature: The flagship Snap and Search feature allows users to take snapshots of the home they like, and the app will match this snapshot with similar homes in the area to increase your options.
- Property Value History: It has an innovative feature that allows users to examine a property’s value history and compare it to the history of other properties in the neighborhood.
- How-To-Hub: Homes.com has a great “How-To-Hub” repository for in-depth knowledge.
- Property Assessment: Homes.com provides a great feature for property assessment and interactive features for home searching.
- Mobile App: Yes
- Sells Leads: Homes.com sell home buyer and seller contact info to real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and lenders.
- Complaints From Agents: Thousands of agents are available at Homes.com but they have a lot of complaints about their customer support team.
- Low Coverage: Homes.com has very limited market visibility and covers fewer markets as compared to Houzeo or Zillow.
Homes.com has a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars (103 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Homes.com is one of the leading MLS listing sites and offers over a million listings, which attracts a large number of homebuyers. It is partnered with several local MLS organizations, which increases the value of the listings here.
You have to pay the average real estate agent commission of 6%. Through Homes.com you can not save on realtor commissions.
Largest Database of Foreclosed Properties
RealtyTrac has the largest collection of foreclosed and distressed properties. It provides access to listings and the ability to participate in auctions.
- Paid Premium Plan: RealtyTrac provides detailed information of a property available only with a paid premium plan.
👉 Our Take: For investors and homebuyers who are looking for a great deal, RealtyTrac is a great place to search for affordable properties.
» Buying Houses for Cash: See why cash is king when purchasing a property!
- Affordable Properties: RealtyTrac provides access to foreclosed or auctioned properties. Usually, these properties are sold for way lower than other neighborhood properties.
- Off-Market Properties: You can also discover off-market deals on bank-owned homes and pre-foreclosure properties.
- Background Check: All homes listed on RealtyTrac have been through a background check. This reduces the possibility of existing liens or unpaid taxes.
- Accurate Information: RealtyTrac provides accurate and detailed information about foreclosed properties, upcoming auctions, loan information, property details, and more.
- Subscription-Based Model: With a subscription-based model, RealtyTrac provides access to listings and the ability to participate in auctions. It also includes unlimited access to property addresses, auction dates, locations, and loan history.
- Not For Other Properties: RealtyTrac works only for foreclosure and distressed properties.
- Less Features in Free Plan: Unpaid subscriptions do not give access to the property information.
- No Mobile App: RealtyTrac does not provide any mobile application for users.
- Limited Options: RealtyTrac sells only foreclosed and distressed homes.
RealtyTrac has a rating of 3.5/5 stars (276 reviews) on Consumer Affairs.
RealtyTrac is a real estate website that works with foreclosed and distressed properties. With a subscription-based model, RealtyTrac provides access to listings and the ability to participate in auctions.
However, detailed information about a property is available only with a paid premium plan and not with the free plan.
MOST ACCURATE DATABASE
Realtor.com is America’s most comprehensive source of property listings. It is regarded as the best house-searching website and is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
Pricing is not disclosed on the website. Although you will have to pay the common closing costs, home inspection, appraisal, etc.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Realtor.com if you are house-hunting. Accurate listing information and a substantial property database make it stand out from other real estate sites.
» Best FSBO Websites: High-tech FSBO sites are helping home sellers save $$$.
- REALTOR Support: It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). So, buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor.
- Neighborhood Information: Realtor.com is available nationwide and provides information about the property as well as neighborhood details.
- Accurate Data: It has accurate local information from 800 regional MLS, local broker associations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Agent Support: Realtor.com provides a variety of options for selling through an agent.
- Home Value: Realtor.com offers accurate home value estimation.
- REALTORs Database: It has the biggest database of trust-worthy realtor communities.
- Best Calculators: Realtor.com provides mortgage and refinance calculators.
- Mobile App: Yes!
- Offline Process: Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-taking.
- Poor Reviews: Realtor.com has very poor reviews on Trustpilot. Many of their users complain about their customer support and realtor’s services.
- Unwanted Calls: If you have ever inquired about a property on Realtor.com, you should expect unsolicited calls from their agents. As mentioned in some of their reviews.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 2.2/5 stars (1018 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com has a lot of statistical data as it sources listings from 800 regional MLS systems. This information is updated regularly, making realtor.com the most accurate real estate database.
It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). However, Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-taking.
Largest Rental Listings
Apartments.com is the best option for eager renters with more than 81 Million visitors per month. It is one of the top rent-a-home websites.
- Application Fee: Apartments.com charges a $24.99 application fee from renters which allows them to apply for 10 apartments in a 30-day period.
👉 Our Take: Apartments.com attracts more than 35 million prospective tenants per month. However, it charges the application fee to apply in the mobile app from renters.
- Pay-To-Apply: Features a pay-to-apply system that improves the potential of genuine candidates.
- Free to Search Properties: Renters can research properties for free in both the app and on the website.
- Comprehensive Searching Criteria: You can search by more than just geography, for example, search “Pet-Friendly Apartments”
- Walk-through Video: Apartments.com provides walk-through video demonstrations for renters. It also has a mobile app with search and contact features.
- Travel Time Feature: The travel time feature lets users search for rentals in proximity to a specific address.
- Unique Features: The website has a ‘Polygon’ tool feature that helps users mark a specific area on the map and search properties in that area. The commute planner helps users to find a home close to their workplace.
- Complaints From Customers: Some customers complained about their navigational features.
- Application Fee: Apartments.com charges the application fee of $24.99 plus tax to apply in the mobile app for up to 10 applications in a 30-day period.
- Only Rental Properties: Apartments.com works only for rental properties.
- Less User-Friendly: The mobile application is less user-friendly than the website.
Apartments.com has 2.1/5 stars (134 reviews) on Sitejabber.
Apartments.com is one of the best apartment rental websites, offering every type of property. Renters can compare prices and amenities through its advanced features. You can apply online, sign a lease, and pay your rent from any device.
However, the app interface is less user-friendly than the website. Also, few users have complained about their customer service and navigational features.
Auction.com provides buyers with the option to bid on foreclosed and bank-owned properties.
- Service Charge – 5%: You may have to pay a premium of $2500 or a minimum service charge of 5% when you are interested in buying a home.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Aution.com for investors looking to purchase foreclosures and REOs.
» Auction.com Reviews: Pros, Cons, and Alternatives in 2023!
- Properties On Auction: It offers the option to bid on residential bank-owned, foreclosures, short sale, and rental properties.
- Cutting-Edge Software: Auction.com provides you accessibility to cutting-edge software with its mobile application for better transactional processes and user interaction.
- Available Nationwide: Auction.com has nationwide coverage.
- Transparent Information: It provides complete transparent information about the property details with buying and selling options.
- Hefty Earnest Money Deposits: A deposit of 10% has to be made if a particular bidder wins the bid.
- High Reserve and Hidden Costs: It has tons of hidden legalities which are not mentioned on the website.
- Poor and Substandard Communication: Many customers have complained about its irresponsible customer care service. Even the customer support team does not take any effort to communicate with a user.
- Complicated Process: Buying through an auction.com is a very tedious process. You need to pay huge amounts of deposits for bidding with the risk of losing everything if the reserve is not met.
Auction.com has 2.4 out of 5 stars (420 reviews) on Sitejabber.
Buyers have multiple options including foreclosure properties, bank-owned residential properties, and properties that are marked as short sales.
Auction.com is primarily for buyers. We recommend that you calculate and compare your home’s final closing cost if you are looking to sell your property.
BEST FOR LANDLORDS
Avail is the best rental management platform with nationwide coverage.
Unlimited Plus Plan: Avail offers one free plan and one unlimited plus plan which will cost $5.00 per unit per month.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Avail.com for landlords as it offers the best features to manage their properties effectively.
- No Hidden Fees: The application fee covers the cost of the screening tools, so you won’t have to pay anything additional.
- Screening Report: Avail provides the best screening reports to help you choose the ideal tenant.
- Free Syndication: Avail offers free syndicated listings on ten additional websites for maximum exposure.
- Avail Landlord Software: This software helps landlords to find tenants, view credit history, sign leases, and collect rent from any device.
- Screening Reports: It provides eviction checks, worldwide criminal background checks, credit histories, and best screening reports.
- Transparent System: Avail offers a transparent system for you to track property repairs and rent credits.
- Social Media Sharing: It offers social media listings that are easy to share.
- Additional Charges: Avail provides a credit history, nationwide criminal background, and eviction checks for $30 each, or you can buy them as a bundle for $55.
- Short Listing Inventory: Avail has fewer features for the landlord to highlight their property. It has a minimum list of search filters that applicants may use to search for a property.
- No Mobile App: Avail does not provide any mobile application to users.
- Tenants Pay a High Fee: Renters have to pay $2.50 for every bank transfer if the landlord utilizes the free plan. Also, renters are responsible for the screening report fees.
Avail has a rating of 2.7/5 (10 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Avail is the best option for landlords to streamline property management tasks through their various features. It provides a strong tenant screening procedure that extends beyond background and credit checks.
Although Avail does not have a large inventory of rental listings, it does syndicate listings to Zillow, Hotpads, Trulia, Zumper, and other rental listing platforms.
Sundae.com is a good website for selling your house as-is. It is a real estate marketplace that acts as an intermediary between home sellers and investors.
Free For Sellers: Sundae does not charge any service fee to sellers.
Subscription Charges: Sundae offers a subscription-based model for investors ($0/month, $159/month, and $399/month).
👉 Our Take: Sundae is a great option for online house-selling websites that allow home sellers to compare cash offers from vetted local investors without any renovations, updates, or showings.
» How to Sell My House Fast: Find out how to sell your home fast in 2023’s slowing housing market.
Sundae.com has the following key features:
- As-Is Option: The platform helps home sellers list properties and find a buyer to buy their property as is. There’s no service fee for sellers.
- Network of Investors: Unique marketplace with pre-vetted real estate investors.
- Quick Offers: Receive multiple cash offers based on bids solicited by the platform.
- Skip Repairs: Skip house repairs or home staging and list the property to sell as is.
- Average Closing Time: You can close on your home in 10 to 60 days by selling on Sundae.com.
Sundae.com has the following drawbacks:
- Lowball Offer: Cash offers will be lower than the offers received on the open market.
- Spam Emails: Several customers have complained about their frequent emails on sign-up.
- Coverage: Locations are very limited.
Sundae has an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 (97 reviews) on the Better Business Bureau.
👉 If Sundae Real Estate doesn’t cover your zip code, you can consider local companies that buy houses for cash:
Sundae Marketplace is ideal for distressed home sellers looking to unload a property as-is. Selling a house as is implies requesting offers on a house in its existing condition without making any improvements.
You may not get maximum cash for your home. The cash offer will likely be 70% of the home’s fair market value.
⚠️ Beware: Real Estate Websites to Avoid
Some real estate companies pretend to be “free.” But, in reality, you will pay hefty fees and realtor commissions at closing with these firms.
- Clever Real Estate: Clever Real Estate promotes itself as a free resource for FSBO home sellers. If you choose Clever, you will be forced to use an agent. And that agent will kick back 25% to 40% of the commission you pay back to Clever as a “referral fee.” Check out the Clever Real estate Reviews to know more.
- FSBO.com: FSBO.com is a nationwide Flat Fee MLS company that provides For Sale By Owner MLS service. Pricing and services vary quite drastically by state. Hence, it is advisable to read FSBO.com reviews before signing a contract.
- Craigslist: Craigslist is a free real estate website, where you can advertise anything you want, from jobs and services to housing. But, Craigslist is notorious for a lot of scams like identity theft, robbing during showings, rent deposit fraud, etc.
Types of Real Estate Websites
Real estate websites can be categorized into 6 main types:
- Home Selling Websites: Home-selling websites help home sellers list properties online. The best home-selling websites provide maximum exposure to the property and make the sale in a short time.
- Home Buying Websites: Home-buying websites help buyers search for properties online. Perfect home-buying sites must provide efficient tools, adequate resources, and impressive features to work upon.
- Best Rental Websites: Rental websites help you find rental properties. Some rental websites also allow property owners to lease their properties and reach out to potential customers.
- Best Property Search Websites: The best house-hunting websites help you search for all types of properties online. This includes homes, rental properties, plots, ranches, and commercial properties.
- Best MLS Listing Websites: Best MLS listing sites help you list your property online for free or for a small listing fee. These best real estate listing websites list on other MLS to provide greater exposure to the property.
- Best Real Estate Investor Websites: Websites for real estate investing help investors with property resources, price trends, and community forums on the best property sites.
Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
The 3 most important features of top real estate sites are maximum exposure, strong technology, and responsive customer service.
- Maximum Exposure: Real estate websites provide an option to list on MLS. Additionally, they provide social media sharing features and are customizable for sale by owner yard signs with the seller’s phone number.
- Strong Technology: With technology, selling a house without a realtor can become much faster and more efficient. Real estate websites also offer virtual home tours, open houses, and manage showings online.
- Responsive Customer Service: Real estate websites provide customer support to make your real estate transaction smooth.
Which is the Top Real Estate Website to Choose?
Houzeo is the best real estate website for home sellers and buyers alike. It helps you save thousands in real estate agent commissions with its high-tech interface.
Houzeo is the top Flat Fee MLS and For Sale by Owner site in America. With its user-friendly navigation across the web and mobile apps, Houzeo makes a mark as one of the best U.S. real estate websites. In this list of America’s best online real estate companies, Houzeo stands out as the best housing platform for home sellers and buyers.
Check out how does Houzeo work and know why Houzeo is the best for sale by owner sites out there:
Real People, Real Stories
📍 Find the Best Real Estate Websites in America
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Real Estate Sites
1. Are real estate websites accurate?
Yes. Many websites like Houzeo.com and Zillow.com provide accurate details of property listings and their features. Others, like HouseCanary, provide accurate estimates of a property's value.
2. Where do real estate websites get data from?
While some websites enter data manually, other websites are also populated by traditional realtors by uploading the necessary documents and photos of the house.
In the case of Multiple Listing Service providers, their algorithm collects their database from the users who trust them.
3. What are the best property websites?
The best property search websites are Zillow, Houzeo, Realtor.com, Apartments.com, Auction.com, and HomeFinder. Read more about our top 5 Property Search Websites.
4. What are the most popular real estate websites?
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental website. However, if you are looking for a website that has superb technology and gives you full control of your listing then Houzeo is the best choice for you. Your MLS listings get syndicated on Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites with flexible and affordable plans.
5. What are the top 10 real estate websites?
These are the top 10 real estate websites in America:
6. Which is the most up to date real estate website?
Realtor.com is the most up-to-date real estate site.