The Wolverine State has the highest number of cash home buyers even amidst the alarming affordability crisis. 29% of transactions in September 2023 were all-cash deals, up from 27% in August 2023.
Getting a cash offer for your home is easy, but getting top dollar is not. If you get a cash offer from a single cash home buyer, they will lowball you. That’s why you need to get cash offers from multiple local and national cash buyers. But how do you do that?
Answer: List on a Cash Marketplace! When you list on a cash buyer marketplace, like Houzeo.com, your listing is syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites. So, you market your property to local and national cash home buyers looking for homes for sale.
Companies that buy houses for cash in Macomb County offer instant cash for homes. But, it may not always be the best cash offer for your home.
Some cash companies may get you 100% of your property’s fair market value, while others may offer as low as 50%. We’ve reviewed and ranked the 7 best cash home buyers in Macomb County.
Reviews: 4 Best Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Macomb County, MI
Houzeo is the best option if you’re looking for multiple cash offers. Your MLS listing will be exposed to local and national cash buyers. In an attempt to win your property, investors could make multiple cash offers for your home.
- Service Fee – $399: Houzeo does not charge a 5% service fee or any undisclosed closing fee.
- Typical Offer: Up to 100% of your property’s fair market value (FMV).
- Eligible Properties: On Houzeo Marketplace, you can market properties in any condition and sell your house as is.
- Closing Offer Terms: You can specify your preferred closing date and the closing offer terms.
👉 Our Take: For sellers looking to maximize their cash offers, we recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan. You will have access to Houzeo’s advanced features to negotiate the best terms for your cash offer.
Houzeo is a real estate marketplace and America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS and 100s of websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, etc.
- 5-Star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
With a typical cash buyer, you only get an offer from that specific cash house buyer. Because there is no competition, that typical cash buyer will only offer 30% to 70% of your property’s value.
Houzeo is America’s most advanced real estate marketplace. If you list on the Houzeo marketplace, your listing gets exposed to Michigan home buyers and national cash buyers via the MLS.
This increased competition for cash offers for your house will ensure you get up to 100% of your property’s value.
» Michigan Flat Fee MLS: List your home for a flat fee and attract MI house cash buyers!
2. ASAP Cash Home Buyers
ASAP Cash Home Buyers started their journey in 2013. They are a reputable cash buyer who refers their clients to credit and legal counseling services.
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of the Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: Extremely distressed properties with structural issues, couples going through a divorce, a death in the family, bad mortgage financing, inherited houses, high-crime neighborhoods, empty lots, etc.
- Closing Offer Terms: They provide a flexible closing date from 3 weeks to any date of your choosing.
👉 Our Take: ASAP Cash Home Buyers’ is a good choice if you want to save on repair costs. However, you have to settle for a price significantly below the fair market value.
» Pros and Cons of Asap Cash Home Buyers: Here’s everything you need to know.
- Flexible Closing Date: You can set a closing date as per your convenience.
- No Hidden Costs: ASAP Cash Home Buyers have no undisclosed fees or hidden costs.
- Sell As-Is: They buy houses as-is saving you repair and home staging costs.
Here are some drawbacks of ASAP Cash Home Buyers that we came across in our research:
- Inconsistent Quality of Service: When you sell to a cash buyer franchise, you sell your house to a local real estate investor. The service quality will differ based on the independent investor you are dealing with.
- No Commercial Properties: ASAP Cash Home Buyers are not interested in properties like timeshares, hotels, or rental communities.
- Limited Customer Reviews: You cannot be sure about their service with only a handful of reviews on Google and nothing on other platforms.
ASAP Cash Home Buyers was founded in Fort Lauderdale, FL. They are a group of real estate professionals with over a decade of experience.
They have nationwide coverage but in every state you have different buyers making the quality of service questionable without proper research.
» Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Near You: List your home on the open market with a local flat fee service.
3. We Buy Ugly Houses
We Buy Ugly Houses is a 20-year-old cash home buyer franchise. Independent real estate investors own and run each franchisee office. The parent company trains the franchisee but doesn’t micromanage their cash home-buying preferences. The brand, We Buy Ugly Houses is owned by HomeVestors.
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: Ugly homes with structural issues, bad mortgage financing, inherited houses, high-crime neighborhoods, etc.
- Closing Offer Terms: WeBuyUglyHouses provides a flexible closing date, up to 30 days out. Offer terms are subject to change based on the local franchisee office.
👉 Our Take: We Buy Ugly Houses is best for sellers who want to unload their distressed houses quickly. You shouldn’t expect more than 70% of your property’s market value.
- Fast Cash Offers for Homes: WeBuyUglyHouses.com will share a preliminary cash offer for your property in 24 to 48 business hours.
- Zero Service Fees: WeBuy Ugly Houses doesn’t charge any service fee in exchange for the convenience of selling your home for cash.
- Fast Closing: We Buy Ugly Houses.com will close in just seven days after you accept their cash offer.
- Firm Cash Offer: We Buy Ugly House’s cash offer is usually in line with the preliminary cash offer unless the inspector identifies major flaws during the home inspection.
- Wide Coverage: We Buy Ugly Houses offers cash for homes in 1,100 locations across 45 states.
» We Buy Ugly Houses Review: How does WeBuyUglyHouses.com calculate your cash offer?
In our research, we found some We Buy Ugly Houses drawbacks.
- Lowball Cash Offer: We Buy Ugly Houses pays less than what sellers could get on the open market. The cash offer is around 50% to 70% of the property’s fair market value.
- WeBuyUgly Houses.com is Not 100% Online: We Buy Ugly has a limited tech stack. This means a lot of processes, like requesting a counteroffer or managing inspections, will be offline and manual. They don’t even have a mobile app.
- Non-Negotiable Cash Offers: We Buy Ugly Houses will not offer more than 70% of your property’s fair market value. They rarely increase the price quoted in the initial cash offer.
- Inconsistent Quality of Service: When you work with house buyers like WeBuy UglyHouses, you sell your house to a local real estate investor. The service quality will differ based on the independent investor you are dealing with.
We Buy Ugly Houses, a trademark of “HomeVestors”, operates on a franchisee model. Local investors or those flipping houses in Michigan are the owners of these franchises. They buy Michigan houses for cash as-is.
Each WeBuyUglyHouses franchisee has its own rules, so the cash offer terms and service quality may not be consistent.
» Selling a Home As Is in Michigan: Check out our guide for selling your Michigan house as-is.
4. House Cashin
House Cashin is an online platform that connects home sellers to credible real estate investors and other parties. You can receive multiple cash offers on your property within 24 hours.
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: All types of distressed properties including damaged houses, inherited properties, and homes facing foreclosures, etc.
- Closing Offer Terms: Once you accept an offer from an investor, they close within 3 to 30 days.
👉 Our Take: House Cashin is a company that connects homeowners with potential buyers. Since there are multiple offers, you can pick one at your convenience.
» What Is House Cashin: Read this to know more about the company.
- Competitive Cash Offers: House Cashin can provide up to 5 no-obligation all-cash offers on your property within 24 hours.
- Nationwide Coverage: House Cashin offers its services in all 50 states and Washington D.C.
- Zero Service Charges: No commissions or closing costs.
- Sell As-Is: You can save on repair costs and sell your house as-is.
» House Cashin Pros and Cons: Learn more merits and demerits of House Cashin.
In our research, we came across some dealbreakers with House Cashin.
- Inconsistent Quality of Service: The offers made on your property via House Cashin are by local real estate investors. The service quality will differ based on the independent investor you are dealing with.
- Non-Negotiable Cash Offers: Although you receive multiple offers, no investor may offer more than 70% of your property’s fair market value. Even if your property isn’t distressed, they will rarely budge on the offer price.
House Cashin is an online platform that connects home sellers with real estate investors interested in buying property. They offer their services across all 50 states.
House Cashin provides up to 5 competitive, all-cash offers on your property. Once you choose from the proposed offers, the investor will close on your property within 3 to 30 days.
» How to Request Highest and Best Offers? Check out our video on how to procure the best potential offer in a multiple-offer situation.
iBuyers That No Longer Offer Cash for Macomb County Homes
- Zillow Offers: Zillow, the biggest real estate marketplace, started its iBuying arm in 2018. After losing $881M while over-paying cash for properties, in November 2021, Zillow stopped buying houses. Check out the story of the fall of Zillow Offers.
- RedfinNow: Redfin, the biggest discount real estate broker in the U.S., entered the home-flipping business with RedfinNow in 2017. In November 2022, RedfinNow shut down due to increasing operating costs.
Are Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Macomb County Legit?
Yes, companies that buy houses for cash in Macomb County or cash house buyers are legitimate and operate legally nationwide.
🚨 Cash for Houses Scams: Remember to inspect how the cash company operates before you sign any real estate contract. A legitimate home buyer will never ask you to pay cash!
Types of Cash Home Buyers
- “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies: The “fix-and-flip” house cash buyers that buy distressed properties, make repairs, and sell on the open market. Michigan home buyers pay 30% to 70% of the home’s fair market value and don’t have any service fees or closing costs.
- iBuyers: Home-buying companies that use proprietary algorithms and determine a cash offer for your house. In 2023, iBuyers in Michigan will offer ~70% to 80% of the fair market value.
- Buy-and-Hold Cash Buyers: A buy-and-hold cash buyer in Michigan will convert a distressed house into a rental property. They do not sell the upgraded property for a one-time profit and will enjoy a steady source of income.
- Home Trade-In Services: A home trade-in company will offer cash on your house to help you buy another property. They fund your next house while you sell the one you’re living in.
- 🏚️ Selling a Home in Poor Condition in Michigan: We recommend “We Buy Houses for Cash” companies if your property is in bad shape. If the property only needs cosmetic repairs, you should list your home on Michigan MLS. You can get up to 100% of the fair market value on the open market!
Top “We Buy Houses in Michigan” Companies Near You
|1. Ferndale, MI
|We Buy Houses for Cash in Ferndale, MI
|2. Detroit, MI
|We Buy Houses for Cash in Detroit, MI
|3. Oakland County, MI
|We Buy Houses for Cash in Oakland County, MI
|4. Wayne County, MI
|We Buy Houses for Cash in Wayne County, MI
|5. Royal Oak, MI
|We Buy Houses for Cash in Royal Oak, MI
|6. Clawson, MI
|We Buy Houses for Cash in Clawson, MI
|7. Harper Woods, MI
|We Buy Houses for Cash in Harper Woods, MI
How Do Companies That Buy Houses for Cash Work?
“We buy houses for cash” companies buy Macomb County houses “as-is” at much lower than the market value. They mostly work offline. Let’s look at the steps involved when you sell your house to a “We Buy Houses for Cash” company:
- Share Your Property Details: Cash buyer companies in MI will collect basic information like the location and condition of your property. You can share this via phone or their website.
- Review the Preliminary Cash Offer: The “cash for homes” Michigan company will make an offer after comparing similar properties in the area. Typically it is 30% to 70% of the home’s fair market value.
- Complete a Home Inspection: Michigan home inspectors will perform an inspection if you accept the initial offer. After adjusting repair expenses and holding costs, the cash house-buying company will send a final offer.
- Accept the Final Cash Offer & Close: If the Michigan home cash buyer’s final cash offer matches your expectations, then you can finalize the closing timeline.
» Sell My Michigan House Fast: Check out 5 ways to sell your Michigan house fast in 2023.
How Much Do Michigan “We Buy Houses Cash” Companies Pay?
Companies that pay cash for houses in Macomb County use the 70% ARV rule.
Suppose your home is worth $300,000, and you have a defective roof that will cost $25,000 in repairs. So, you can expect a cash offer of about $185,000.
The 70% ARV Rule: Michigan house buyers will never pay more than 70% of the property’s fair market value. They have to repair and renovate the acquired homes. The overhead expenses are deducted from your home sale proceeds.
» How Much are Closing Costs for Seller in Michigan: Find home sale proceeds from selling your house in Michigan.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Macomb County: Pros and Cons
The biggest benefit of Michigan cash buyers is their speed and convenience. Selling a house for cash will almost always net you 10% to 30% less than a financed offer though. Let’s look at the pros and cons of selling a home to a cash home buyer:
- Fast Cash Sale: In the traditional model, you have to list on the MLS and wait for potential buyers. However, with “We Buy Houses for Cash” companies, you get a cash offer within 24-48 hours of submitting details on their website.
- Flexible Closing: “We Buy Houses Cash Michigan” companies move faster than traditional buyers. Home sellers can close on their timeline and need not wait for listing paperwork or mortgage pre-approvals!
- No Service Fees: “Cash for homes” companies don’t charge any service fees. The net profit after fixing and selling your home is enough for them to sustain their fix-and-flip model.
- No Upfront Costs: To earn maximum cash, home sellers invest in real estate photography and staging before listing on the MLS. MI cash home buyers purchase homes as-is, so you can skip marketing or repair costs.
- Lowball Cash Offers: Companies that buy homes in Michigan generally pay 50% to 70% of the home’s fair market value, deducting all repair, utility, and re-selling expenses. Although there may be room for negotiations, you can’t expect more than 70% of the market value of your home.
- Non-Negotiable Deals: When dealing with “cash for houses” companies, the deal is usually take-it-or-leave-it. You can try to negotiate if the company overlooked something important, but most cash companies will not budge on price.
- Some Cash Buyers Will Make You Pay Closing Costs: Homeowners are forced to pay the seller’s closing costs, and it’s not disclosed on the cash buyer’s site. You should always read the terms and conditions document carefully.
» Estimate Seller Closing Costs Michigan: Breakdown of closing costs you incur as an MI home seller.
Alternatives to Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Macomb County
- List Your Home With a Flat Fee MLS Service: With a Flat Fee MLS service, you can get up to 100% of the fair market value on the open market. High-tech For Sale By Owner websites like Houzeo will list your home on the local MLS within 24-48 hours and help you sell fast! 22% of homes listed on MLS sold above their final list price in February 2023.
- Hire a Top Realtor: Michigan Realtors have the expertise to help you sell your property fast within a set timeline. However, the best realtors will charge a 6% commission. That amounts to thousands of dollars in realtor commission! It’s the worst option if you want to earn maximum cash.
- Sell “For Sale By Owner”: Selling your home purely For Sale By Owner implies no access to the MLS. You market your property, conduct market research, manage offers and showings, etc., all by yourself.
» For Sale By Owner Websites in Michigan: Check out the best FSBO sites in the Great Lake State.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best company that buys houses for cash in Macomb County?
Houzeo is the most popular platform for sellers looking for companies that buy homes for cash. Houzeo lets you access the power of the MLS for a small flat-fee.
MLS listings get syndicated on Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin.com and hundreds of other websites. Listing your home on the MLS will allow you to target all companies that buy homes for cash – local and national. More exposure means more competition and highest cash selling price.
Houzeo also offers superb technology giving you full control of your listing. And if you run into any issues, Houzeo’s 5-star customer service team is available to help.
» How Much Does it Cost to List on MLS: Read to Know Why MLS Listings are Worth the Cost.
2. How do you sell a house to cash buyers in Macomb County?
In most cases, you must enter your classified info via an online portal or a telephone chat. Following that, you must schedule an inspection and receive a final cash offer. Once you've decided to accept the offer, you can usually select your own closing date.
3. What is the fastest way to sell a house in Macomb County?
The Best options to sell your house fast:
1.You can sell your house fast using MLS listing service companies like Houzeo.
2.FSBO (For Sale By Owner)
3.Sell to cash home buying company
4. How long does a cash sale on a house take?
Approximately, 10-30 days. It depends on the buyer and the specific situation.
5. How do I sell my house "as is"?
If you wish to sell your house "as is", you must specify in your ad that you are not willing to do any repairs. It's as simple as inserting "as is" in the MLS listing description of your home.