From San Francisco in California to Brooklyn in New York, home sellers across the nation dread the 6% real estate agent commission. Traditional listing agents charge a commission of 3% of the sale price.
However, you can save thousands by hiring a discount real estate broker when selling your home.
Our list of the best discount realtors will assist you in identifying the best one for your next real estate transaction.
⚡Understanding Discount Brokers
- Who is a Discount Broker? A discount broker provides all real estate services like a traditional broker for a low commission of 0.5% – 2%.
- Understanding the Discount: The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission.
- Can You Negotiate Brokerage Fee? Yes! You can negotiate brokerage fees with your agent. Before you do, make sure you offer a full buyer’s agent fee.
- Alternatives: You can list on the MLS using Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo. It is 100% online and automated to cater to various seller needs.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*|
|4.||Redefy||$3,500 Flat Fee||❌||❌||❌|
|5.||Homie||$3,500 Flat Fee||❌||✅||❌|
|6.||Ideal Agent||2% |
Reviews: 10 Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is America’s #1 ranked Flat Fee service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze Package is priced at $99+, the Silver package is priced at $379+, and the Gold at $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $995) at closing. Sellers can ask for the full-service Platinum package which costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $995) at closing.
BEST TECH-ENABLED BROKERAGE
Redfin is one of America’s top discount real estate brokerages. This low-commission broker specializes in home buying. Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1.5% Commission: This is a full-service package. This includes pricing assistance, listing paperwork, negotiation support, etc.
- Redfin Concierge – 2.5% Commission: The “Concierge” plan includes everything from the Full-Service package. Additionally, it includes services like professional cleaning, home staging, and more.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1.5% Commission: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes everything that comes with the Full-Service package.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Redfin’s concierge service. This service enhances the value of your house with a professionally managed design plan and no upfront fees.
» Selling With Redfin: Is it worth selling with Redfin?
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission – 1.5%: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Buyer Rebate – 0.5%: Clients who sell and buy with Redfin within one year get a rebate of 0.5% in the second transaction. However, this offer is available with the Full Service Plan.
- Detailed Paperwork: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and an elaborate listing agreement with a marketing plan.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
» What is Redfin? Is it truly a smart choice to choose them? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Lack of Personalized Services: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service, as they serve a high volume of clients.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents. This means you get an agent assigned automatically without having any choice in the matter.
- Agents are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you additional services.
» Redfin hidden Fees: Check this out to learn more about their hidden fees.
Redfin has an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app. It covers 80+ markets in the US.
Redfin’s listing agreement states they will list your property on the MLS in 18 days. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
ListingSpark provides 2 plans for home sellers to list their properties on the MLS.
- Spark Plan – $1,499: This plan includes MLS Listing, professional HD photography, “for – sale” sign, a Supra® digital lockbox, and required forms and disclosures. Your listing gets syndicated to all major real estate websites.
- Premium Plan – $2,999: It includes all the services of the Spark Plan plus premium photography service, open house signage, E-flyer blast and pricing assistance & review.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Spark Plan for home sellers. You get a “for-sale” sign, a Supra® digital lockbox, and all the necessary forms and disclosures. However, you pay a termination cost if you decide to cancel your listing at any point.
» How does Listing Spark Work? Check this out to know about them and their procedure.
ListingSpark’s packages are expensive. However, they come with certain advantages for both home buyers and sellers.
- Agent on Demand: You can hire one of their real estate agents for $975. The agent will help you with negotiations, pricing reviews, and contract compliance.
- Additional Features: ListingSpark offers title insurance and escrow services under Spark Title. Additionally, it also provides professional photography services, a lock box, and a yard sign.
- Property Search Feature: Home buyers can search for properties based on price range, and property type, along with many other filters.
In our research, we found some red flags with ListingSpark.
- Limited Coverage: ListingSpark operates only in Texas covering the markets of Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Waco, Bryan/College Station, Corpus Christi, and Killeen/Temple.
- Cancellation Fee: You pay a termination cost if you decide to terminate your listing at any point.
ListingSpark has a rating of 5 out of 5 stars from 149 reviews on Google.
Listing Spark Reviews: Should you use it for your FSBO sale?
ListingSpark is a real estate brokerage firm and For Sale By Owner platform. Owned by Aaron Jistel, the company also provides title and closing services under its title company, SparkTitle.
However, the coverage of ListingSpark is restricted only to Texas. Moreover, you must pay a termination cost if you decide to terminate your listing at any point.
Redefy offers its services for a flat rate or commission based on your home sale price.
- Full Service: Redefy charges a flat rate of $5,500. When a house is sold for more than $1 million, the listing fee is 1% of the total sale price.
Coverage: Redefy covers Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
👉 Our Take: Redefy works on the multiple-agent model. They have a field agent who meets clients and an in-house agent for customer service. Since there is no single point of contact, the quality of service is severely affected.
Redefy is a full-service real estate brokerage that aims to make the real estate process cost-effective and transparent for home sellers and buyers.
- Decent Listing Fee for Low-Value Homes: This flat rate option is a good bargain if your home value is below one million.
- In-House Support: You are provided in-house support with accurate pricing and features like home staging.
- Mortgage Calculator: Redefy’s Mortgage Calculator allows you to estimate your overall mortgage, including insurance and taxes.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of Redefy.
- No Refund Deposit: You have to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Redefy has limited agents attending to a large volume of customers. This can hamper the service quality.
Redefy has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from 37 reviews on Yelp.
» Redefy Reviews: Check out the customer reviews for Redefy on Yelp.
Redefy offers its services based on your home value. If your house costs anything below a million, they charge a flat rate fee of $5,500.
However, their agent quality may not be consistent You are also required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.
FLAT RATE PACKAGE
Homie offers one flat rate package for home sellers and a few services to home buyers.
For Home Sellers
- List at $3,500: You get agent representation, local MLS listing, exposure on popular real estate websites, contract negotiation, etc.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate Program: Use Homie Title, Homie Loans, or Homie Insurance to earn a buyer rebate at the time of closing.
- Homie Cash™: Make an all-cash offer with this feature and increase the chances of getting offers. You can close the deal in 10 days with Homie Cash™. But it comes with a 1% program fee.
👉 Our Take: Homie’s services can benefit both home sellers and buyers. But, they provide more services for home buyers including a cash rebate. So, we recommend Homie to home buyers over sellers.
» Homie Reviews: Does Homie really benefit you in the 2023’s market? Click to find out.
Homie offers flat rate services to home sellers and rebates to buyers.
- Agent Support: Homie provides agent representation services to home sellers. However, they do not provide in-person support and visits. With Homie’s agent’s support, an experienced home seller may find their service useful.
- Homie-to-Homie: Depending on the state, the seller can eliminate the buyer agent commission if they sell to a Homie buyer.
- Buyer Rebate: Home buyers can earn a buyer rebate at the time of closing. To get the rebate buyers need to use their services like Homie Title, Homie Loans, or Homie Insurance.
» What is Homie? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
During our research, we found some drawbacks in the services of Homie, here are some that stood out:
- Sub-par Agent Service: Customers have accused numerous Homie agents of miscommunication, limited knowledge, and lack of experience.
- Inconsistent Service Delivery: Homie has many real estate agents, but fails to offer consistent performance. Their services either are satisfactory or unsatisfactory with no in-between.
- No Advanced Tech: Some clients were disappointed with how slow and outdated their technology was.
- Limited Coverage: Homie does not provide its services to many states except Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, and Utah.
Homie has a total of 4.3 out of 5 stars from 795 total reviews on Google.
» Homie Review: Does Homie really benefit you in the 2023’s market? Click to find out.
Homie’s $3,500 package allows sellers to list and sell their homes. Whereas, home buyers can earn a cash rebate, an all-cash offer, and more.
Homie is ideal for experienced sellers and buyers. Make sure you follow up with them thoroughly to get your job done.
6. Ideal Agent
GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE
Ideal Agent is among the top discount brokerages. It is an agent matching service that specializes in home selling.
- Full Service – 2% Commission: The full-service package will get you all the services from start to end. This includes professional photos, negotiation, and closing assistance.
👉 Our Take: Ideal Agent is a good choice for home sellers. Although their overall online reviews are good, they are often inconsistent while matching agents with clients. They have no services for home buyers.
» What is Ideal Agent: Check out our reviews of Ideal Agent to know more about them.
Ideal Agent is an agent matching service that helps sellers find low commission real estate agents.
- Agent Matching: They claim that you will be matched with an agent from the top 1% producers in your locality.
- Pre-Negotiated Commission: Ideal Agent has pre-negotiated the commission with their agents. This allows sellers to focus on the other aspects of the transaction.
- Profit Maximization: Your agent will leverage the best features of your house and help maximize your sale profits.
- Dedicated Concierge: Their agents guide you in every step of the transaction from marketing, to negotiation assistance, and closing.
» How does Ideal Agent work: Here is a detailed explanation about them. Check it out!!
Ideal Agent has some drawbacks we came across in our research.
- Low Savings: Ideal Agent charges more than most low-commission companies, compromising your savings. You will be paying a total commission of 4.5% – 5% even with discounted listing fees.
- Additional Referral Fees: Ideal agent fees includes a 25% referral fee from real estate agents after successful transactions. Since you pay the agent, these fees are essentially going from your pocket.
- Outdated Technology: Their agent matching algorithm is inconsistent. Several customers complain about being assigned sub-par agents.
- No Buyer Support: Ideal Agent isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
Ideal Agent has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 5,727 reviews on TrustPilot.
» Ideal Agent Reviews: Check out our reviews of Ideal Agent to make an informed decision.
Ideal Agent is an agent matching service that bridges sellers and buyers with licensed real estate agents in their locality.
They offer a dedicated concierge but have weak technology. Customers who have worked with them prior have complained about hidden charges as well.
GOOD AGENT COVERAGE
HomeLight is an agent matching service, free for home sellers. They furnish details of the best real estate agents in your selected neighborhood for both full and limited service plans.
- Free Agent Matching: Depending on the agent, the traditional 5% – 6% commission still applies. But they offer all the services you will require during your sale.
Coverage: HomeLight has coverage in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Sarasota, and Seattle, among other major U.S. cities.
👉 Our Take: Homelight offers decent agent-matching services. However, you may be matched with a listing agent who charges 3% commission, meaning zero savings for you.
» What is Homelight: Check this out to know more about them.
HomeLight has a network of thousands of successful sellers, best real estate agents, and brokers. They help to create tailored guides and resources in the process of selling a house.
- Good Agent Coverage: They have a good number of agents as per their coverage area.
- Estimators and Calculators: HomeLight offers home value estimator, best time to sell calculator, agent commissions calculator, and net proceeds calculator.
» How does Homelight Work? Check this out to know more about them and their procedure.
In our research, we came across some major drawbacks of HomeLight.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: The agents they assign may not work at your convenience. Even the listing speed will be based on the agent selected.
- Off-Market Restriction: Registering on HomeLight will get you offers from agents instantly. Although the process is fast, only homes that are off-market are allowed.
» How much does HomeLight Cost? Check this out to find out if they are really affordable.
HomeLight has a rating of 4.45 out of 5 stars from 233 reviews on Sitejabber.
» HomeLight Reviews: Check out our reviews of HomeLight to make an informed decision.
HomeLight is a real estate website that puts home sellers, agents, and buyers under the same roof.
Their agents handle multiple clients at a time. This could lead to miscommunication and a lack of personalized support.
TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
- Listing fee: 2.5% of the sale price (or as decided by agent)
- Available in all major cities
- 4.7/5 (56 reviews)
UpNest is an innovative real estate marketplace that connects home sellers and buyers with agents in their area.
- Pricing: There’s no direct cost to using UpNest, but the savings are marginal. UpNest agents decide their commission fees. The discount rate varies.
👉 Out Take: We do not recommend Upnest for home sellers or buyers. UpNest’s network is reliable and quick, but savings aren’t guaranteed. You might end up paying more than you had expected.
» Is UpNest Legit? Find out if UpNest is legit!
Here are some advantages of using Upnest. No Obligation Service
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours timeline after signing up, UpNest will send you multiple agents you can choose from. If nothing fits, you can simply walk away.
- High-quality Agent Network: UpNest partners with top agents from leading national brokerage firms across the U.S. All agent matches remain unbiased, based on your criteria and preferences.
- User-friendly Dashboard: UpNest’s customer dashboard is intuitive and makes it easy to compare agent matches. It also features options to contact the matched agents or your UpNest Advisor with a single click.
» What is UpNest? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
In our research, we found some red flags associated with UpNest.
- Marginal Savings: The commission rates aren’t pre-defined. The negotiation ultimately relies on you. Past sellers have claimed that the lowest listing fee is 2% which is quite high.
- Inconsistent Customer Service: Customers have revealed that some UpNest representatives are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. However, rest of them struggle to answer simple questions.
» How Does Upnest Work? Agent-matching at UpNest is pretty straightforward. Check it out!
UpNest has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 from 56 customer reviews on BBB.
» UpNest Reviews: How Much Will it Save You in 2023?
UpNest connects you with agents in your area by utilizing technology and market data. They partner with top agents from leading national brokerage firms across the U.S.
However, your savings are not guaranteed. Your ability to negotiate would be the key factor in the deal. In other words, you may end up paying more commission, or discount rates won’t go low as you expected.
9. Simple Showing
SimpleShowing, like any other low-cost real estate broker, matches sellers with real estate agents.
- Listing Agent Commission – 1%: A SimpleShowing agent provides full-service MLS listing at a 1% commission rate. The premium lockbox charges will increase your costs.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Simple Showing for their Buyer’s Rebate Program. But Simple Showing has a minimum fee charge that could be higher than the advertised 1%.
SimpleShowing is a decent option when buying or selling a property.
- Easy Property Search: SimpleShowing provides a home search experience at your fingertips. You can look for properties and book home tours on their website, saving time and money.
- Professional Photography: They coordinate professional photos and videos of your home at no additional charge.
- Buyer’s Rebate: SimpleShowing rebates a portion of its commission to eligible home buyers.
- Dedicated Agents: From home valuation and developing a marketing strategy to negotiating offers and closing, their agents will always assist you.
During our research, we found a few red flags with Simple Showing.
- Buyer’s Rebate Eligibility: The buyer is eligible for a rebate only if the buyer uses SimpleShowing as their Buyer Broker.
- Lender’s Approval: Some lenders may not allow buyers to receive a refund from SimpleShowing. Lenders consider contracts, mortgage products, and pricing policies to allow the buyer to receive full or a part of the rebate amount.
- Minimum Commission: SimpleShowing has a minimum commission of $3,500. Rebate applies only if the minimum commission accounts for $3,500.
- Limited Coverage: Simple Showing provides services in only 3 states – Florida, Texas, and Georgia.
SimpleShowing has a 4.9 out of 5 stars from 125 total reviews on Zillow.
SimpleShowing is a full-service brokerage licensed in GA, FL, and TX.
They use technology, such as their mobile app, to make the traditional home-selling process easier. However, with their limited coverage and agents, they might not cover all your needs.
Prevu offers a single package with all the start-to-end services you require during your sale.
- Full Service – 1.5% Commission: Prevu charges a lower commission of 1.5% of the sale price for selling a house. It includes various features like home valuation, 3D virtual tours, open houses, professional photographs, listing on MLS, and social ad campaigns.
Prevu Coverage: Prevu is available in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, California, Pennsylvania, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend Prevu real estate to most home sellers and buyers. It only helps in substantial savings if you’re buying a house priced above $750,000.
» Prevu Reviews: Is it really a good idea to choose them? To learn more, read the entire review!
Prevu is a full-service low commission brokerage based in New York that aims to change the old-school ways of the real estate market.
- Mortgage & Closing Costs Calculator: You can get an estimate of your mortgage and closing costs by using Prevu’s Calculator. The closing cost feature is only for NYC sellers.
- Buyer Rebate: Buyers who purchase a house with Prevu get two-thirds of the commission that Prevu receives from the seller.
- Smart Buyer Platform: Prevu’s technology allows buyers to search for homes, communicate with their agents online, schedule showings, and make an offer.
» How does Prevu work? Check this out to learn more about their functioning.
Here are some negatives of Prevu you should know about.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Prevu has limited and inconsistent agent matching, which compromises the quality.
- Variable Listing Fee: The listing fee varies as per your location, which could burn a hole in your pocket.
Prevu has a stellar rating of 5 out of 5 from 456 reviews on Google.
» Prevu Real Estate Reviews: Check out our in-depth reviews on Prevu.
Prevu is a full-service real estate brokerage based in New York. They offer their services for a 1.5% commission.
They take on a large volume of clients to compensate for the low commission. Hence, you will compete with a crowd of customers for your agent’s attention.
Here’s a quick recap of the best low cost real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5 – 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% – 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including price negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with a discount broker is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% – 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
2. Technology: Choose companies that use cutting-edge technology, offer online paperwork, and have a mobile app.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1%–2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1%-2% of the home’s purchase price.
For example, Homie offers a buyer rebate of 1%-1.5%. A $400,000 house will save you a whopping $6,000!
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Ohio
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in Ohio.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in the U.S. market. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Ohio and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
Discount Realtors Near Me
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I find Low Cost Discount Realtors Near Me to Help Sell My Home?
You could do a Google search, go with an agent from one of the national discount brokers like Redfin, or find the best real estate discount broker via Houzeo. Houzeo is a technology platform where top local discount and Flat Fee MLS brokers offer their services.
2. Will discount brokers advertise open houses for me?
Almost all discount brokers will advertise your open house on the MLS for you. Houzeo makes it very easy to request an open house. Watch this video to see how to manage showings.
3. What is the lowest commission a discount Realtor will take?
The lowest commission a discount Realtor will take is 0.5%.
4. How do discount real estate brokers work?
The majority of discount real estate brokers offer listing fee reductions. A discount broker, for example, may charge a 1% listing fee rather than the standard 2.5% or 3% commission.
- Real Estate Companies: Check out the 10 Best Real Estate Companies in 2022
- Closing Costs: What are closing costs? See what are the typical closing costs and find out whether closing costs are negotiable.
- Closing Costs for Sellers: What are the closing costs as a seller? Check whether seller closing costs are tax deductible.
- Closing Costs for Buyers: What are the closing costs as a buyer? Check whether buyer closing costs are tax deductible.
- Sellers Disclosure: Check out the disclosure requirements for each state
Related: Top best discount real estate brokerages near me, discount broker definition, how do discount brokers work, what does a discount broker do, full service brokerage firm vs discount brokerage firm, online discount real estate brokers sites, discount real estate brokers reviews, is discount broker safe, discount brokerage firms, low cost discount real estate agency, cheap discount realty companies, low cost discount realtors near me, pros and cons of low fee discount realtor, discount brokers, discount broking, discounted brokerage, discounting brokers, brokerage discount, discount broker, discount brokers real estate, discount real estate broker, real estate discount brokers, discount real estate brokerages, best real estate agents near me,Discount Real Estate Brokers