Whether you’re selling a condo in Miami or a ranch in Los Angeles, the 6% real estate agent commission will burn a hole in your pocket. But you can save thousands on realtor commissions if you list your home For Sale By Owner.
The most advanced For Sale By Owner websites don’t just help you save on commissions. They offer 5-star customer service and advanced tools to help you update your listing, manage showings, review and counteroffers, and close on the sale.
🚀 The Rise of FSBOs
- According to Zillow, 26% of Gen X’ers and 36% of millennials listed FSBO.
- National Association of Realtors found that FSBO homes sold faster than agent-assisted homes. 77% of FSBO homes sold in less than 2 weeks.
- MLS is an important FSBO tool. Homes on the MLS sold faster and for 17% more than homes not on the MLS.
- Houzeo.com is America’s #1 For Sale By Owner website. Fizber and IsoldMyHouse.com are the next best options.
FSBO means selling your house on your own, unassisted by a real estate agent. There are 2 types of FSBO websites where you can list your home For Sale By Owner:
- Paid FSBO Websites: All paid FSBO sites will get you listed on the MLS – the most powerful marketing tool for home sellers. MLS syndicates your listings to Zillow, Redfin, Trulia, Realtor.com, and 100s of other websites.
- Free FSBO Websites: Free FSBO sites will limit your listing exposure to just those websites. No MLS exposure means less competition for your property, and thus a lower sale price for you.
We have spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing For Sale By Owner websites. Here are our rankings.
Rankings: 12 Best For Sale By Owner Websites
|FSBO Website||Listing Fee||100% Online||MLS Access||Showings Management||Offers Management||Nationwide Coverage||5 Star Rating|
|7. Flat Fee Realty||$349 + 0.25%||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|8. Zillow For Sale By Owner||$0||❌||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|11. Facebook Marketplace||$0||❌||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|12. Oodle Marketplace||$0||❌||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
*For 5-Star Reviews, customer ratings above 4.8 out of 5 have been considered.
7 Best Paid For Sale By Owner Websites
Paid FSBO websites list your home on the MLS for a one-time flat fee. We’ve ranked the best Flat Fee FSBO listing websites.
BEST FSBO WEBSITE
Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo is America’s best For Sale By Owner MLS listing service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo is one of the best For Sale By Owner MLS listing services, with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating on Google and Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out home sellers’ experience listing with Houzeo
Houzeo.com is the #1 FSBO website, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo gives FSBO home sellers affordable MLS listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
LOW ON TECH
Fizber is an agent referral company that offers 4 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Free FSBO Listing – $0: Your home is listed on Fizber’s website only.
- Digital Boost Package – $95: You get a featured listing on Fizber, Redfin, and an Open House Manager. Your home gets listed on Redfin and Fizber itself. You get an Open House Manager. However, this package does not list your home on the MLS.
- MLS Boost Package – $270: Your home is listed on the MLS with just 6 photos. The listing is syndicated to Fizber and hundreds of other real estate websites.
- Premium MLS Boost Package – $295: You can list your home on the MLS with maximum photos.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $295 MLS Boost Package, as it offers maximum exposure to your property with unlimited photos.
Here’s why you can consider listing with Fizber.com:
- Competitively Priced FSBO MLS Listing Plan: Fizber’s MLS Boost Package is charged lesser than most of its competitors.
- Extra Services in Some States: In some states, Fizber offers extra listing photos and a longer listing term than what they have mentioned in the listing package. However, you need to connect with their customer service to check its availability in your state.
Here are some common issues we found while going through Fizber reviews online:
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: Although Fizber advertises itself as being available nationwide, it is not. Further, your listing information is sold to a local agent, who then lists your home for you. Multiple reviews cite inactive agents and limited coverage in several states.
- Success Fee is Charged in Some States: If you are selling your property in Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wyoming, you are required to pay a 0.5% success fee at closing. This is a hidden fee that is not mentioned anywhere apart from the pricing page on Fizber’s website.
- Extra Charges for Documents: Most FSBO listing services offer documents like seller’s disclosure, lead paint disclosure, contract for sale, and more for free. Fizber charges an extra $15 to $50 for the same.
Fizber has 3.1 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
» Fizber Reviews: Check out what customers experienced listing with Fizber.
Fizber is an online for-sale-by-owner platform that provides 3 paid listing packages priced between $95 to $275 and one free listing package.
We recommend the $295 MLS Boost Package, which offers maximum exposure to your property. With no guarantee from them, your selling process could get unpredictable. Following a series of Fizber reviews, we’ve concluded that it’s always best to read the terms and conditions of any additional services.
Low Tech, But Great Broker
iSoldMyHouse offers 2 packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: This plan will allow you to upload 6 photos. The listing term is 6-months.
- Get Sold – $399+: This plan includes 25 photos and a 6-month listing term.
Coverage in 8 States: iSoldMyHouse, through its affiliate Get Listed Realty, provides real estate services in Connecticut, Georgia, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., iSoldMyHouse will only be selling your information as a lead to local brokers.
👉 Our Take: We recommend iSoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it services itself. If you’re in one of these states, we suggest the “Get Sold” plan. Photos sell properties, so it’s important to get more than 6 photos.
iSoldMyHouse.com is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option in the 8 states where it directly provides services.
- Experienced Broker: Kris Lippi, the owner of iSoldMyHouse, is an experienced real estate broker licensed in 8 states. Very few brokers are as good and knowledgeable as Kris in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Strong Customer Support: iSoldMyHouse has an excellent 4.7 out of 5 star rating on Google Reviews and the BBB. This indicates they provide strong support to their customers.
In our research, we found some major deal breakers with iSoldMyHouse.com.
- iSoldMyHouse Will Sell Your Lead to a Local Broker in 42 States and Washington D.C.: iSoldMyHouse.com services clients in 8 states. In the remaining 42 states + DC, iSoldMy House will sell your information to a local broker as a lead. A local broker will then reach out to you to get you listed. In these 42 states + DC, iSoldMyHouse cannot help you with any customer service or listing issues.
- Time to List & Make Changes is High: In the 42 states + DC where iSoldMyHouse does not offer its services, it has to forward your information as a lead to a local broker. There’s lag between when iSoldMyHouse forwards your lead, the broker recieves it, and then reaches out to you with listing and other FSBO paperwork. This lag can be a few hours to days and can delay your listing.
- iSoldMyHouse.com is Not 100% Online: iSoldMyHouse has limited tech stack. This means a lot of processes like reviewing offers and managing inspections will be offline and manual. iSoldMyHouse also does not offer a mobile app.
iSoldMyHouse.com has a 4.7 out of 5 star rating from more than 100 sellers on Better Business Bureau and Google Reviews.
» iSoldMyHouse.com Reviews: See why the service is a great option if you’re in the 8 states it covers.
iSoldMyHouse is a great choice in the 8 states it covers. Kris Lippi, the Broker Owner of iSoldMyHouse is an experienced Flat Fee broker with thousands of transactions under his belt.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., iSoldMyHouse.com is only a referral service. They act as a middleman and will sell your information to a local broker who will help you list on MLS.
Average Tech, Average Service
Beycome Brokerage Realty LLC offers three Flat Fee MLS listing packages for homeowners:
- Basic Package – $99: This package will get you listed on the MLS with unlimited changes to your listing. This package is available in all the 10 states they cover.
- Enhanced Package – $399: You get a yard sign, a featured listing on Beycome’s website, flyers, brochures, and one key lockbox. You can also add a virtual tour video to your listing. This package is available only in 8 states.
- Concierge Service – $599 + 1% Commission: This is essentially a virtual full-service package that includes assistance till closing. They charge 1% of the sale price at closing with this package. This package is available only in 6 states.
👉 Our Take: Beycome’s prices are reasonable, and their technology is useful. We recommend their Enhanced Package priced at $399.
Beycome offers good service in the selected states they are available in:
- Unrestricted Revisions and Edits: You can make unlimited changes in description, photos, or price adaptions in your listing. You can also easily switch to a full-service package anytime.
- Expert Assistance, if Needed: You can get expert assistance on all 7 days of the week in English and Spanish.
In our research, we came across some deal breakers with Beycome.
- You’ll Be Constantly Upsold the Title Service: Beycome also owns a title company, which will be pitched to you repeatedly.
- Limited Coverage: Beycome is only available in 10 states.
- Average Customer Reviews: Most customers had to manage logistics, price negotiation showings, and closing all by themselves. Customers also complained about the lack of customer support and the delay in resolving issues.
- Average Technology: Beycome technology helps you with listing your home on the MLS. Leads, inspections, appraisals, etc. are managed offline so the process can be cumbersome.
- Only for Experienced Sellers: You need to have a good handle on buying and selling real estate, including closing costs and seller disclosures.
Beycome has 4.5 out of 5 stars (338 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google Reviews.
» Beycome Reviews: Know why it is not the best way to sell with Beycome in 2023.
Beycome’s MLS listing packages are reasonably priced and offer legal forms, seller disclosures, an Open House scheduler, and customer support. We recommend the $399 Enhanced Package for FSBO home sellers.
Beycome’s technology is limited and won’t help you with scheduling and review of home inspections, appraisals, and closings. Separately, you’ll have to be very diligent and manage leads manually outside the platform too.
NATIONAL REFERRAL COMPANY
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months. You can upload up to 20 photos.
Listing Upgrades: Here’s a summary of the listing upgrades that FSBO.com provides:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package, as it gives you maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Your listing is syndicated to popular real estate websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of others.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here’s some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. As there’s zero online automation or downloadable resources, you have to do all the paperwork manually.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. FSBO.com reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 to $60 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental and showing service are priced at $150 and $75 respectively. These services are quite expensive compared to other FSBO Flat Fee MLS listing competitors.
FSBO.com has no customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website. They offer 2 listing packages priced at $99 and $399. We do not recommend the $99 plan, as it offers the services that For Sale By Owner free listing sites offer.
Apart from listing house For Sale By Owner, FSBO.com offers no major services. The à la carte items are expensive, and you’re charged extra for uploading more than 20 photos.
Click Bait Alert
Homecoin’s $95 plan is designed to lure home sellers to purchase their MLS listing for a small $95 fee.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing – $95: Homecoin will get you listed on the MLS. This plan DOES NOT include managing showings, offers, lockbox, yard sign, or digital seller disclosures.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend Homecoin for most home sellers. The $95 MLS listing sounds great, but most sellers need additional services. Homecoin significantly over-charges for these services.
There are 2 key advantages to Homecoin.
- MLS Exposure: A Flat Fee MLS listing via Homecoin will get you on the MLS and in front of thousands of buyers.
- Covers 11 States: Homecoin covers California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
We really wanted to like this service, but in our research we found several issues with Homecoin.
- The $95 Listing is the Bait: Homecoin’s $95 listing includes just a basic entry-only listing in the MLS. Homecoin will charge you extra for features like showings management with a lockbox, ability to counter an offer, or request highest & best offer. You can end up paying thousands more for these.
- Upgrades are Overpriced: Homecoin’s yard sign is expensive at $69 + $97 (for the post), if you want to manage showings, you have to rent a lockbox for $125 + $120 desposit. A standard forms help package is $400.
- Key Features are Not Available: In many states, key essentials are missing in Homecoin’s offerings. Without these, you risk turning-off buyers and buyer agents. These essential features include a showing service to manage showings, inspections, appraisal, and closing. Broker contract review & support is also not available in many areas. Homecoin calls this “Seller Forms Help (Premium)”. It should be available if you need it. You also don’t have the ability to counter an offer, or request highest & best. These are essential services in our opinion.
- Limited Customer Service via Phone: Homecoin provides decent customer service over text and email. The service is difficult to reach via phone.
- Dashboard is Clunky: Homecoin does not auto-populate listing data from public sources. So you have to fill all the listing data manually. Sellers have complained that this can take a lot of time.
Note: Homecoin’s offerings vary by region. Our research was in 28025 zipcode.
Homecoin Reviews: Homecoin.com has a 4.6 out of 5 star rating from 50 sellers on Google Reviews.
Homecoin is a website For Sale By Owner that offers a single MLS listing package, priced at $95. You can avail of their rental lockbox, professional real estate photographs or signposts at additional costs.
We do not recommend Homecoin for most home sellers. While the $95 flat fee is definitely attractive, the additional features come with a hefty price point. Further, Homecoin’s limited coverage may make it difficult for many Americans to benefit from their MLS access package.
7. Flat Fee Realty
0.25% LISTING AGENT COMMISSION
Flat Fee Realty
- Listing Fee: $159 to $349 + 0.25% at closing
- 0.1% to 0.25% additional fees
- No credible reviews were found
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee package are a listing terms of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: If you want to make changes to your listing photos, you must purchase upgrades separately. You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos.
In places where it offers direct services, Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS alternative.
- Changes Made Simple: With Flat Fee Realty you can make free status and price changes. Changes are important as casual errors can be corrected if present when the listing goes live.
- Easy Cancellation: You can cancel anytime and get a refund within 30 days of purchase. With a change of heart over selling your house, some of the listing fees will get refunded. After the listing process is completed by their broker, there are no refunds.
- Market Exposure: Listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia.com, and Zillow.com. All the major websites you would like to use to showcase your home in front of the right buyers are covered.
- Free Disclosures: Just like taxes, documentation is an important aspect of home selling. Flat Fee Realty offers free disclosures for all states.
In our review of Flat Fee Realty, we identified some major deal-breakers.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty’s listing package provides no scope for customization. The package is a one size fits all plan, limiting the options you would like to opt for.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: Flat Fee Realty charges 0.25% commission at closing. Even though they claim the buyer agent pays this, the entire commission comes out of the seller’s proceeds. Buyer agents will not willingly agree to this deduction.
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
These MLS For Sale By Owner packages include only an option to list on the MLS. With this package, you get free listing changes and related disclosures. You can add more than 6 photos to your listing by paying an additional $50.
However, Flat Fee Realty requires you to pay a minimum 2% buyer agent commission, 0.25% of which goes as a kickback to your listing agent. This means you end up paying a small commission to the listing agent at closing.
Take Charge of Your Home Sale Today!
Houzeo gives you the best market exposure and powerful tools to ace your FSBO journey like a pro.
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
4 Free For Sale By Owner Sites
You can list for free on free For Sale By Owner sites. These sites offer online exposure but don’t guarantee a successful FSBO home sale. 95% of home buyers use the internet to find their next house, so it’s best to list on free FSBO websites along with MLS.
8. Zillow For Sale By Owner
REAL ESTATE MARKETPLACE
Zillow offers the following listing plans for home sellers:
- FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your home for free on Zillow’s FSBO platform.
- MLS Listing via Zillow Premier Agent – 3% commission: A Zillow Premier Agent will assist you throughout your home selling process. However, this is the traditional way to sell your home and not the FSBO way.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend listing on Zillow For Sale By Owner as it limited your exposure. Further, you can also get multiple unsolicited calls from listing agents.
- It is the Largest Real Estate Website: Traffic-wise, Zillow is the most visited real estate website in the US.
- Your Listing is Updated in Real-Time: On Zillow, you do all the listing changes which reflect immediately, instead of waiting for a listing agent to do it for you.
- Your Listing Will be Hidden: Zillow hides FSBO listings under the “Other Listings” section, which most home buyers aren’t aware of.
- Buyer Leads go to Local Agents: Zillow does not prominently display owner information. Any buyer who tries to contact you will be matched with a Zillow agent instead.
- Your Info Will Become an FSBO Lead for Listing Agents: Agents target Zillow FSBO listings to extract owner info. You will get numerous unsolicited calls from these agents asking you to list with them.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
Zillow has a rating of 1.8 out of 5 stars with 285 reviews on Trustpilot.
» Zillow For Sale By Owner Reviews: The TRUTH about Zillow’s Free Listing
Zillow is the most popular real estate website. It attracts more than 200 million visitors every month. To list your home on Zillow For Sale By Owner, all you need to do is sign up and make your free account.
As Zillow FSBO listings are not on the MLS, they have very low exposure. Additionally, all FSBO listings on Zillow are hidden in the ‘Other Listings’ tab. This has lowered the success rate of free Zillow FSBO listings drastically.
FREE FSBO LISTING
ForSaleByOwner.com has 2 FSBO packages.
- ‘Do It Yourself’ FSBO Package – $0: Your home gets listed on ForSaleByOwner.com for free.
- ‘Closing Assistance’ Package – $495: You get a licensed real estate advisor to assist you at closing. This includes home inspection, title, closing costs, and more.
👉 Our Take: We recommend listing for free as FSBO on ForSaleByOwner.com to get added exposure.
- High User Traffic: ForSaleByOwner.com claims to have 7 times more traffic than any other FSBO website. This works in favor of sellers who need added exposure for their property.
- You Agree to use Their Partner Title Company: If you find a buyer via ForSaleByOwner.com, you have to use the Rock Homes partnered ‘Amrock Title Company’ for closing.
- No MLS Listing Plan: ForSaleByOwner .com gives you only 2 options, either a free web listing or closing assistance from a Rocket Homes agent. There’s no package for you to list on the MLS at all.
- You are a Lead for Rocket Homes: Your listing information is sold to Rocket Homes agents. They will likely call you and convince you to list on the MLS.
- You have to Provide Your Credit Card Info: Even though the listing on ForSaleByOwner.com is free, many users complained about having to provide payment details.
ForSaleByOwner.com has a rating of 3.1 out of 5 stars on BestCompany.com.
» ForSaleByOwner.com Reviews: Check out what customers experienced listing with ForSaleByOwner.com
ForSaleByOwner.com is considered one of the biggest FSBO websites, as they claim to have 7 times more traffic than any other For Sale By Owner sites.
Although ForSaleByOwner.com offers other paid services, none of these services include FSBO MLS listing. Further, your information is provided to a Rocket Homes affiliated agent. These agents contact you frequently to solicit MLS listings.
You can list your home for free on Craigslist’s section for ‘Real Estate for Sale’.
- FSBO Listing on Craigslist- $0: You get a free For Sale By Owner real estate listing on Craigslist. You can upload your property’s description, location, and some photos.
👉 Our Take: Craigslist is a good free option for added exposure outside MLS or real estate websites. But it is a playground for scammers, so add limited information related to your property.
- It has Huge Traffic: Craigslist attracts more than 140 million visitors every month. Your listing will get that added exposure outside of MLS and real estate websites.
- Craigslist is Not a Real Estate Website: It is a classifieds website. Your listing may get some exposure, but no assistance or FSBO tools. Its only purpose is marketing your property.
- You’re Exposed to Lowball Offers: Many home sellers have been harassed by investors or cash home buyers who make lowball offers on Craigslist.
- You can get scammed: Scammers and fraudsters target FSBO home sellers on Craigslist and make phony offers. If you get an offer that is too good to be true, high chances are it is a scam.
- Very Poor Customer Reviews: The majority of reviews on Craigslist online are negative. People complain about being scammed or harassed by unsolicited callers.
Craigslist has a poor rating of 1.2 out of 5 stars with 279 reviews on Trustpilot.
» How to Sell a House on Craigslist: Check out the tips to sell your home on Craigslist
Craigslist is the biggest classifieds website in the U.S. In terms of traffic, it is the second most visited website with more than 140 million monthly visitors.
While Craigslist can give your listing decent exposure, it can also attract scammers and fraud cash house buyers. Hence, we recommend that you put very limited information about your property and request identification from anyone who makes an offer.
11. Facebook Marketplace
Social Media Behemoth
Facebook Marketplace offers free FSBO real estate listing in its ‘Property for Sale’ section.
- FSBO Listing on Facebook – $0: You can list your property with some photos and basic details.
👉 Out Take: Facebook Marketplace is good for added exposure outside MLS or real estate websites. However, do not rely on it completely to get buyer leads. List on the MLS for credible buyer leads.
- Facebook has Millions of Users: Your property is advertised to millions of Facebook users. This certainly gives you exposure outside of MLS-syndicated websites.
- Facebook Marketplace is Not a Real Estate Website: Although it gives your listing some exposure, you don’t get assistance or FSBO tools. Its only purpose is marketing your property.
- Potential Privacy Attacks: Hackers can steal your personal data online. Make sure you have limited information open to the public while using Facebook Marketplace.
- No FSBO Support: Facebook Marketplace is not a real estate website. That’s why home sellers do not get any selling-related assistance.
- You can get scammed: Scammers and fraudsters target FSBO home sellers on Facebook Marketplace to make phony offers. If you get an offer that is too good to be true, high chances are it is a scam.
Facebook Marketplace has no customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
Facebook Marketplace is a popular classifieds site, where you can list your property. It is not a For Sale By Owner website. We recommend Facebook Marketplace to maximize your exposure if you have already listed on the MLS.
We recommend that you protect your personal data and profile, as Facebook Marketplace is filled with unsolicited buyers. Further, this platform’s reach in real estate is limited, which lowers your chances of selling your house.
12. Oodle Marketplace
Oodle offers free real estate listings For Sale By Owner under its ‘Homes for Sale and Real Estate Listings’ category.
- FSBO Listing on Oodle’s Marketplace- $0: You can list your home with a few photos and a basic description of your property.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Oodle Marketplace for added exposure outside MLS or real estate websites. However, do not rely on it completely to get buyer leads. List on the MLS for credible buyer leads.
- Properly Categorized Homes for Buyer’s Convenience: Oodle Marketplace categorized home sale types into commercial, land, condos, single and multifamily, vacation, and more. You can also filter properties based on a number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and amenities included.
- You can Advertise Open House for Free: Oodle has a separate category for upcoming local Open Houses.
- You’re Exposed to Lowball Offers: Many home sellers have been harassed by people who make lowball offers on Oodle.
- You can get scammed: Scammers and fraudsters target FSBO home sellers on Oodle to make phony offers. If you get an offer that is too good to be true, high chances are it is a scam.
- No FSBO Support: Oodle Marketplace is not a real estate website. That’s why home sellers do not get any selling-related assistance.
Oodle Marketplace has a rating of 1.26 out of 5 stars on SiteJabber.
Oodle Marketplace offers free property listings in its ‘real estate’ section. Although this website can be a good option for better market exposure, it does not protect you from lowball offers or scammers.
We recommend that you rationally evaluate multiple offers that seem too good to be true. Do not sign any documents related to your home, especially the Property Title.
Here’s a quick recap of the best FSBO websites in America:
Reviews: America’s Best FSBO Websites
We’ve reviewed the best paid and free For Sale By Owner Websites in 2023
Alternatives to For Sale By Owner Websites
If you think selling your house yourself is too complicated for you, here are some other options you can consider:
- Discount Broker or Low Commission Agent: If you want to save on agent commission, a low commission real estate agent offers you the same services for a lower commission rate. Likewise, a flat rate or discount real estate broker offers all the services for a discounted flat rate. An agent will assist you from list to close, including negotiations and paperwork.
- Cash Home Buyer: Individual cash home buyers and “Companies That Buy Houses For Cash” make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle that a real estate transaction involves.
- iBuyer: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad are known to offer a property’s FMV in the past. However, in 2023’s slow market, many iBuyers are predicted to offer significantly less for your home than retail buyers.
List on the Most Powerful FSBO Platform Now!
Houzeo gives you all the benefits of MLS, without paying the listing agent commission.
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
What is the Best For Sale By Owner Website?
The best For Sale By Owner website will list your home on the MLS for a reasonable price, in the least time, and provide timely assistance. That’s why, we recommend Houzeo to list your home For Sale By Owner.
Houzeo’s Flat Fee MLS Listing plan will list your home within 24 to 48 hours. Further, with the Gold Package, you get access to cutting-edge tools like Offers Dashboard, Showings Management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
Free For Sale By Owner listing sites gives a boost to your listing, by reaching the maximum prospective buyers. To get the best exposure and sell your house fast, we recommend you target MLS as well as other free FSBO listing sites.
Check out how Houzeo works in this video:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Reviews: Find out what customers have to say about Houzeo.com
1. Where can I list my home For Sale By Owner?
You can list your house For Sale By Owner with Flat Fee MLS services like Houzeo.com, Beycome, Fizber, and more. Your home will be listed on the MLS, the most powerful tool to market your home for sale.
2. What is the best For Sale By Owner MLS listing service?
Houzeo.com is the best FSBO listing site, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology. Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on popular review websites like Google and Trustpilot.
3. Where can I list my house For Sale By Owner for free?
You can list your home for free on ForSalebyOwner.com and classifieds websites like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and Oodle Marketplace.
For Sale By Owner Websites Near Me
- Closing Costs: What are the closing costs as a seller? See what’s the real cost and how you can negotiate your closing costs as a seller.
- Closing Costs for Sellers: What are the closing costs for a seller? See what’s the real cost and how you can negotiate your seller closing cost.
- Closing Costs for Buyers: Check out real costs related to buying a house and see if you can negotiate with your buyer closing cost.
- Selling a House as-is: 8 questions you must ask before selling your home as is.
- Top REALTOR: Check out our rankings for the best REALTORS in 2023.
- FSBO With a Buyer Agent: Find out how a buyer agent gets paid in an FSBO home sale
- How to Flip a House: Check out how to flip a house in a down market
Related: for-sale-by-owner website, list of for sale by owner websites, for sale.by owner, forsale by owner, for sale by owner listing on the mls, forsalebyowner, for sale by owner websites like craigslist, for sale by owner websites free, do it yourself mls listing, where to advertise house for sale by owner, free home listing, best place to list your home for sale by owner, sell your home yourself websites, listing a house for sale by owner, list my house for sale for free, best place to sell house online, sites to list house for sale by ownerFor Sale By Owner Websites