Indiana real estate appraisers are one of the many stakeholders in a real estate deal. Whether you’re selling your home in IN, buying a house or refinancing your mortgage on an existing property, getting your Indiana home appraised is a must. With that aim, you may search for ‘Indiana home appraisers’, and your search ends here.
Indiana Property Appraisers
1. Aloft Appraisal
About: Based in Seattle, Washington, Aloft Appraisal is a residential real estate valuation company. Aloft Seattle was founded in 2021 with the aim of making the real estate appraisal process streamlined. The appraisal company is currently present in 8 states across the US and plans to expand its business to nine more states in the coming years.
Appraisal Reports: Aloft Real Estate Appraisal company offers different types of appraisal services depending upon their clients’ requirements.
Full Appraisal Report (Avg. $650): This is a comprehensive appraisal report that is created after a thorough inspection of the interiors and exteriors of the property. It contains pictures and video, living space calculation, and details about the quality and condition of the property. It may cost anywhere between $500-$1,500.
Exterior Only Appraisal Report (Avg. $550): This report contains a review of only the exterior of the property. It does not warrant a full inspection of the house. However, comparable sales records, tax records, MLS listings, and environmental conditions are taken into consideration for properly evaluating the property. The cost for this report ranges from $500 to $1,500.
Desktop Appraisal Report (Avg. $350): This report does not require an onsite examination of the property. However, the appraiser forms an opinion of the home value based on comprehensive research about the sales comps, public records, MLS listings, photos, etc. With Aloft company, this report may cost anywhere between $250 to $550.
CMA/BPO (Avg. $99): The Comparative Market Analysis/Broker Price Opinion is a report that contains the valuation of the property based on comparable homes available for sale on the market. This report does not require an on-site inspection of the property. Depending upon the type of property, the charges for this report may be between $99-$149.
Our Take: We recommend Aloft Appraisals as it offers a combination cutting-edge tech and highly experienced home appraisers. With their goal to fully automate the appraisal process, the company has already captured major markets across the country.
- Offers high-quality home appraisals through its in-house team of certified appraisers
- Provides streamlined, transparent, and completely automated appraisals
- Delivers appraisals within 5-7 business days with the help of highly advanced tech platform
- Allows for easy scheduling through its user-friendly website and provides free quotations
Aloft Appraisal Reviews: The company has a rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 on Google.
Aloft Appraisal, Seattle WA currently offers its services in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Florida, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
2. Bowery Valuation
About: Bowery Valuation operates out of New York City, New York. It is a modern appraisal firm with world-class appraisers that utilizes cutting-edge technology to deliver accurate valuations. They have a comprehensive database to ensure their appraisers have quick access to comps data. Home appraisers can deliver their valuations quickly and efficiently with property information available on demand.
Appraisal Reports: Bowery Valuation provides offers different kinds of home appraisal plans. Clients can pick an option that suits their requirements.
Full Appraisal Report (Avg. $550): A full appraisal report involves a comprehensive visual assessment of the property. The appraiser will walk through the property, examine key points, and prepare a full report with details about the condition and value of the property.
Exterior Only Appraisal Report (Avg. $250): The exterior appraisal involves a visual inspection of the exterior of the property. It also includes a comparative analysis of properties recently sold in the area recently, local MLS listings, and environmental conditions. This report can cost anywhere between $200 and $300.
Desktop Appraisal Report (Min. $125): Desktop appraisal involves looking at sale comps, public records, property photographs, MLS listings, and related information. Appraisers are able to arrive at an estimated value for the property. There is no on-site evaluation but this report does provide a fair valuation of a property. In general, such a report may cost anywhere between $125 to $250.
CMA/BPO (Avg. $99): The Comparative Market Analysis/Broker Price Opinion is a basic report that provides the value of a property based on the prices of homes that are up for sale in the same area. The appraiser won’t conduct an on-site inspection or look into public records. This report can cost anywhere between $99 and $149.
Our Take: Bowery Valuation is a good choice because they use cutting-edge technology along with qualified and experienced home appraisers. They have a fast turnaround time and offer a wide range of appraisal plans. They have one of the largest appraisal teams in the country and use innovative technology to make the appraisal process faster and more accurate.
- Provides accurate valuations and a smooth home appraisal experience
- Uses proprietary software to ensure a fast turnaround time
- Has a large team of certified in-house appraisers
- Can appraise assets of all sizes and types, including multi-family, mixed-use, and more
- Offers a comprehensive report with graphs, pictures, and maps to provide better insight
Bowery Valuation Reviews: The company has a rating of 3.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
Bowery Valuation, New York, New York offers services across the country in all states.
What Is an IN Real Estate Appraiser?
An Indiana real estate appraiser is also known as a home appraiser or an Indiana property appraiser. They determine the fair market value of a property based on on-site visit, analysis of the sales comparables of similar properties in the neighborhood, recent market trends, and any other factor that may positively or negatively influence the value of the property.
How Much Does a Indiana Home Appraisal Cost?
Indiana home appraisals cost anywhere between $300–$375 for single-family units. However, the appraising cost for multi-family homes ranges from $600-$1,500. On the other hand, commercial appraisals in Indiana may cost anywhere between $1,500-$10,000.
» Average Cost of Home Appraisal in Indiana: Click to know more about home appraisal costs in Indiana.
Who Orders the Home Appraisal in Indiana?
If you’re selling your house in Indiana, you can hire a property appraiser in Indiana. This will help you to find out the valuation of your house. This will help you in pricing your home competitively.
If you are buying a house with a mortgage, your mortgage lender will order the appraisal. This is to find out whether the property is worth the loan amount that will be disbursed.
If you’re buying a home in Indiana without a mortgage, you will have to hire a home value appraiser. This will ensure that you don’t overpay for the property.
» Best Time to Buy a House in Indiana: Check whether this is the right time to buy a house before you call an appraiser.
Who Pays for Indiana Real Estate Appraisers?
The home appraiser cost in Indiana is paid by party that hires the real estate appraiser.
When Buying a House, Who Pays for the Appraisal?
When buying a house in Indiana, the buyer pays for the appraisal. The bank or the mortgage lender will hire the appraiser. However, the Indiana property appraisal cost will be borne by the buyer.
If it’s a purchase without a mortgage, the buyer may order the home valuation in Indiana. This may be done to find out whether the market value of the property matches the seller’s asking price. Even in this case, the Indiana appraiser fee will be borne by the buyer.
Who Pays for Appraisal on New Construction?
The buyer pays for appraisal on new construction. If the buyer is trying to finance their purchase, mortgage lenders in Indiana will require proof of the property’s true worth. This way the lender will be able to compare appraised value with the sale price set by the builder.
Even for a purchase not involving mortgage, the buyer may hire an appraiser to ensure they are not being overcharged by the builder. The buyer will have to bear the Indiana property appraiser cost in this case as well.
Who Pays for Appraisal When Selling a House in Indiana?
When selling a house in Indiana, the seller will pay for the real estate appraisal. But this is only if the seller orders the house valuation to set a competitive listing price for their property.
Similarly, if the buyer or mortgage lender order the appraisal, the buyer pays the appraiser’s fee.
Who Pays for Home Appraisal in Divorce?
In a divorce, the home appraisal cost in Indiana is split equally between the spouses. However, if the home is being bought out by one of the spouses, then they are liable to pay the house appraiser cost.
Who Pays for the Appraisal on a Home Equity Loan?
The borrower pays for the appraisal on a home equity loan. The lender may order house appraisal through an Appraisal Management Company. This will be done to find out the amount of risk involved in approving the loan.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works. Also, look at some of the for sale by owners’ websites in the U.S to know more.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Housing Market in IN: Will the market be in the favor of home buyers and sellers? Click to find out the market conditions in Indiana.
- Multiple Listing Services in Indiana: Check out the rankings of the best listing companies in Indiana.
- Real Estate Companies in Indiana: Discover top real estate companies in Indiana & get yourself a place in IN.
- Indiana Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement: Ace your Indiana disclosures to complete the real estate process easily.
Recommended for Buyers
- Indiana Mortgage Brokers: Find the best mortgage brokers in Indiana to help you find the best loan deals.
- Closing Cost in Indiana: How much are closing costs in Indiana? Read our blog to know more.
- Buying a House in Indiana With Bad Credit: Got a low credit score but want to buy a house? Check out this blog to understand how to buy a house even with bad credit in Indiana.
- How to Start Flipping Houses in Indiana: House flipping is a profitable option for buyer investors. Read our comprehensive guide on how to flip a house successfully.
- Indiana Home Inspection: Know everything you need to about home inspections in Indiana and how they can help you make an informed decision.
- Indiana Buyer Closing Cost Calculator: Wondering how much you need to pay as a home buyer? Click to find the estimated costs for buyers in Indiana.
Recommended for Sellers
- Indiana Seller Closing Cost Calculator: Want to know the closing costs for sellers in Indiana? We have a handy calculator for you.
- Selling Real Estate in Indiana: Selling a house in Indiana can be a bit complicated. Here is a guide to help you execute the home-selling process seamlessly.
- How Can I Sell My House As Is Indiana: Selling a home as is in v means that the buyer would accept your home in its existing condition. Read To Know More.
- Selling a House by Owner in Indiana: From pricing to listing to managing showings and to negotiating offers. Here’s our guide on how to sell a house by owner in Indiana.
- Home Staging for Sale: Staged home sells $40,000 above the listing price. Maximize your profits with the best home staging companies in v.
- Real Estate Agents With Low Commission: Looking for a low-commission real estate commission to save yourself and the buyer some money? We have a few options for you.
Indiana real estate appraiser, Indiana real estate appraisers, Indiana home appraiser near me, Indiana house appraisers near me. Indiana house appraiser near me, Indiana residential appraisers near me. best home appraisers near me in Indiana, best Indiana appraisers near me. local home appraisers Indiana certified home appraiser Indiana, Indiana home assessor near me. Indiana real estate appraiser near me, Indiana property appraiser near me, land appraisers Indiana. property appraiser Indiana, commercial appraisers in Indiana, land appraiser Indiana, Indiana appraisers in my area, definition of flat fee.
Related: Indiana commercial property appraisers near me, Indiana home appraisers in my area, Indiana certified real estate appraiser near me, Indiana for sale by owner, Indiana Indiana property appraiser, home valuation near me, Indiana home appraisal, residential real estate appraisers in Indiana, real estate appraisers Indiana, Flat Fee Indiana, Indiana home appraisers, residential appraiser in Indiana, Indiana property appraisal, best real estate appraiser Indiana, certified appraiser Indiana, real estate appraiser Indiana, Indiana appraiser in my area, in real estate appraiser, find appraiser in Indiana, independent home appraisers in Indiana, licensed real estate appraisers in Indiana, homeward.