Kentucky real estate appraisers are one of the many stakeholders in a real estate deal. Whether you’re selling your home in KY, buying a house or refinancing your mortgage on an existing property, getting your Kentucky home appraised is a must. With that aim, you may search for ‘home appraisers in Kentucky’, and your search ends here.
Kentucky Real Estate Appraisers
1. Aloft Appraisal
Fully Automated Home Appraisals
About: Based in Seattle, Washington, Aloft Appraisal is a residential real estate valuation company. Aloft Seattle was founded in 2021 with the aim of making the real estate appraisal process streamlined. The appraisal company is currently present in 8 states across the US and plans to expand its business to nine more states in the coming years.
Appraisal Reports: Aloft Real Estate Appraisal company offers different types of appraisal services depending upon their clients’ requirements.
Full Appraisal Report (Avg. $650): This is a comprehensive appraisal report that is created after a thorough inspection of the interiors and exteriors of the property. It contains pictures and video, living space calculation, and details about the quality and condition of the property. It may cost anywhere between $500-$1,500.
Exterior Only Appraisal Report (Avg. $550): This report contains a review of only the exterior of the property. It does not warrant a full inspection of the house. However, comparable sales records, tax records, MLS listings, and environmental conditions are taken into consideration for properly evaluating the property. The cost for this report ranges from $500 to $1,500.
Desktop Appraisal Report (Avg. $350): This report does not require an onsite examination of the property. However, the appraiser forms an opinion of the home value based on comprehensive research about the sales comps, public records, MLS listings, photos, etc. With Aloft company, this report may cost anywhere between $250 to $550.
CMA/BPO (Avg. $99): The Comparative Market Analysis/Broker Price Opinion is a report that contains the valuation of the property based on comparable homes available for sale on the market. This report does not require an on-site inspection of the property. Depending upon the type of property, the charges for this report may be between $99-$149.
Our Take: We recommend Aloft Appraisals as it offers a combination cutting-edge tech and highly experienced home appraisers. With their goal to fully automate the appraisal process, the company has already captured major markets across the country.
- Offers high-quality home appraisals through its in-house team of certified appraisers
- Provides streamlined, transparent, and completely automated appraisals
- Delivers appraisals within 5-7 business days with the help of highly advanced tech platform
- Allows for easy scheduling through its user-friendly website and provides free quotations
Aloft Appraisal Reviews: The company has a rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 on Google.
Aloft Appraisal, Seattle WA currently offers its services in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Florida, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
2. BBG Appraisal
Comprehensive Appraisal Services
About: BBG Real Estate Services is one of the biggest appraisal companies in the country. With over 45 offices located in all major cities, BBG has a strong local presence as well. They focus on real estate and provide a wide range of services, including assessment, valuation, advisory, evaluation, and more.
Appraisal Reports: BBG Company offers a wide range of appraisal services, including third-party appraisal reviews.
Full Appraisal Report (Avg. $550): A full appraisal report involves a comprehensive visual assessment of the property. The appraiser will walk through the property, examine key points, and prepare a full report with details about the condition and value of the property.
Exterior Only Appraisal Report (Avg. $250): The exterior appraisal involves a visual inspection of the exterior of the property. It also includes a comparative analysis of properties recently sold in the area recently, local MLS listings, and environmental conditions. This report can cost anywhere between $200 and $300.
Desktop Appraisal Report (Min. $125): Desktop appraisal involves looking at sale comps, public records, property photographs, MLS listings, and related information. Appraisers are able to arrive at an estimated value for the property. There is no on-site evaluation but this report does provide a fair valuation of a property. In general, such a report may cost anywhere between $125 to $250.
CMA/BPO (Avg. $99): The Comparative Market Analysis/Broker Price Opinion is a basic report that provides the value of a property based on the prices of homes that are up for sale in the same area. The appraiser won’t conduct an on-site inspection or look into public records. This report can cost anywhere between $99 and $149.
Our Take: BBG is a good choice for senior housing, multi-family properties, HUD, and FHA properties. They have a strong national presence and are familiar with the appraisal process. They focus on speed, accuracy, and expertise. No matter the size and scale of your property, BBG can offer the support you need.
- Quick and accurate appraisals using the latest technology
- Strong national and local presence
- Large team of experienced, qualified, and locally certified appraisers
- Can appraise multi-family, commercial, hospitality, and large-scale properties
- Delivers detailed insight into the property to help clients make informed decisions
No reviews could be found for BBG Real Estate Services on any credible review websites.
BBG Appraisals has offices in all major cities in the Western, Central, and Eastern regions.
What is a Kentucky Real Estate Appraiser?
A Kentucky real estate appraiser is also known as a home appraiser or a Kentucky property appraiser. They determine the fair market value of a property based on on-site visit, analysis of the sales comparables of similar properties in the neighborhood, recent market trends, and any other factor that may positively or negatively influence the value of the property.
How Much Does a Kentucky Home Appraisal Cost?
Kentucky home appraisals cost anywhere between $300–$550 for single-family units. However, the appraising cost for multi-family homes ranges from $600-$1,500. On the other hand, commercial appraisals in Kentucky may cost anywhere between $1,500-$10,000.
» How Much is an Appraisal in Kentucky: Click to know more about home appraisal costs in Kentucky.
Who Orders the Home Appraisal in Kentucky?
If you’re selling your house in Kentucky, you can hire a property appraiser in Kentucky. This will help you to find out the valuation of your house. This will help you in pricing your home competitively.
If you are buying a house with a mortgage, your mortgage lender will order the appraisal. This is to find out whether the property is worth the loan amount that will be disbursed.
If you’re buying a home in Kentucky without a mortgage, you will have to hire a Kentucky home value appraiser. This will ensure that you don’t overpay for the property.
» Best Time to Buy House in Kentucky: Check whether this is the right time to buy a house before you call an appraiser.
Who Pays for Kentucky Home Appraisers?
The home appraiser cost in Kentucky is paid by the party that hires the real estate appraiser.
When Buying a House, Who Pays for the Appraisal?
When buying a house in Kentucky, the buyer pays for the appraisal. The bank or the mortgage lender will hire the appraiser. However, the appraisal cost will be borne by the buyer.
If it’s a purchase without a mortgage, the buyer may order the home valuation in Kentucky. This may be done to find out whether the market value of the property matches the seller’s asking price. Even in this case, the Kentucky appraiser fee will be borne by the buyer.
Who Pays for Appraisal on New Construction?
The buyer pays for an appraisal on new construction. If the buyer is trying to finance their purchase, lenders in Kentucky will require proof of the property’s true worth. This way the lender will be able to compare the appraised value with the sale price set by the builder.
Even for a purchase not involving a mortgage, the buyer may hire an appraiser to ensure they are not being overcharged by the builder. The buyer will have to bear the Kentucky property appraiser cost in this case as well.
Who Pays for Appraisal When Selling a House in Kentucky?
When selling a house in Kentucky, the seller will pay for the real estate appraisal. This is only if the seller orders the house valuation to set a competitive listing price for their property.
Similarly, if the buyer or mortgage lender orders the appraisal, the buyer pays the appraiser’s fee.
Who Pays for Home Appraisal in Divorce?
In a divorce, the home appraisal cost in Kentucky is split equally between the spouses. However, if the home is being bought out by one of the spouses, then they are liable to pay the house appraiser’s cost.
Who Pays for the Appraisal on a Home Equity Loan?
The borrower pays for the appraisal on a home equity loan. The lender may order house appraisal through an Appraisal Management Company. This will be done to find out the amount of risk involved in approving the loan.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Want to know more about Houzeo? Learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Current Housing Market in Kentucky: Will the market be in the favor of home buyers and sellers? Click to find out the market conditions in Kentucky.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers Kentucky: Do you wish to save some money on sales? Look at some of the best discount brokers in Kentucky to lower your closing costs.
- Cash Home Buyers Kentucky: Many companies buy properties for cash, which can be a good option for sellers facing a crashing market. We have some great options for you.
- Property Title Insurance: Title checks and insurance are also important aspects of closing. We explain what a title policy means in detail.
- Homes for Foreclosure: What are homes in foreclosure? Read to dodge this complicated legal process in the future.
Resources for Buyers
- How to Start Flipping Houses in Kentucky: House flipping is a profitable option for buyer investors. Read our comprehensive guide on how to flip a house successfully.
- Home Inspection Kentucky: If you want to get a more comprehensive assessment of the property, you need to book a home inspection in Kentucky. We tell you everything you need to know.
- How Much Are Home Inspections in Kentucky: Understand the home inspection costs in Kentucky.
- Home Inspector in Kentucky: If you want an insight into the condition of the property, you need to hire home inspectors. We have a list of the top pros in Kentucky.
- Kentucky Mortgage Brokers: Don’t have a lender yet? We have a list of mortgage brokers in IA and they can make the mortgage application process easier for you.
- Buying a House in Kentucky with Bad Credit: Do you have low credit or no credit history? We have some tips to help you buy a house with low credit.
- Closing Cost Estimator Kentucky Buyer: Home appraisal fees are often a part of a buyer’s closing costs. Read our post to find out all other expenses you need to consider during closing.
Resources for Sellers
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Kentucky: If you want to save some money on agent fees, we recommend using a flat-fee MLS company for your purpose.
- Sell House Without Realtor Kentucky: It is possible to sell a house without a real estate agent’s help. We explain how you can do that and what kind of paperwork you will need for it.
- Home Sale Calculator Kentucky: Want to get an idea of your overall closing expenses, we have a handy calculator for you.
- Kentucky Seller’s Disclosure: A seller must disclose important information about their property during the closing process. Read our post on it to know more.
Related: Kentucky real estate appraiser,Kentucky home appraisal, Kentucky house appraisal,Kentucky commercial appraisals, Kentucky home appraisers, home appraisal Kentucky, Kentucky real estate appraisers, appraisal house Kentucky, real estate appraiser Kentucky, Kentucky home appraiser near me, Kentucky house appraisers near me. Kentucky house appraiser near me, Kentucky residential appraisers near me. best home appraisers near me in Kentucky, best Kentucky appraisers near me. local home appraisers Kentucky certified home appraiser Kentucky, Kentucky home assessor near me. Kentucky real estate appraiser near me, Houzeo Offers, Kentucky property appraiser near me, land appraisers Kentucky. property appraiser Kentucky, commercial appraisers in Kentucky, land appraiser Kentucky, Kentucky appraisers in my area,
Related: Kentucky commercial property appraisers near me, Kentucky home appraisers in my area, Kentucky certified real estate appraiser near me, ky flat fee MLS, Kentucky home valuation near me, ky fsbo, residential real estate appraisers in Kentucky, real estate appraisers Kentucky, residential appraiser in Kentucky, best real estate appraiserKentucky, certified appraiser Kentucky, Kentucky appraiser in my area, find appraiser in Kentucky, independent home appraisers in Kentucky, licensed real estate appraisers in Kentucky, clever real estate.Uncategorized