North Carolina real estate appraisers are one of the many stakeholders in a real estate deal. Whether you’re selling your home in NC, buying a house or refinancing your mortgage on an existing property, getting your North Carolina home appraised is a must. With that aim, you may search for ‘home appraisers in North Carolina’, and your search ends here.
Residential Real Estate Appraiser, North Carolina
Fully Automated Home Appraisals
About: Based in Seattle, Washington, Aloft Appraisal is a residential real estate valuation company. Aloft Seattle was founded in 2021 with the aim of making the real estate appraisal process streamlined. The appraisal company is currently present in 8 states across the US and plans to expand its business to nine more states in the coming years.
Appraisal Reports: Aloft Real Estate Appraisal company offers different types of appraisal services depending upon their clients’ requirements.
Full Appraisal Report (Avg. $650): This is a comprehensive appraisal report that is created after a thorough inspection of the interiors and exteriors of the property. It contains pictures and video, living space calculation, and details about the quality and condition of the property. It may cost anywhere between $500-$1,500.
Exterior Only Appraisal Report (Avg. $550): This report contains a review of only the exterior of the property. It does not warrant a full inspection of the house. However, comparable sales records, tax records, MLS listings, and environmental conditions are taken into consideration for properly evaluating the property. The cost for this report ranges from $500 to $1,500.
Desktop Appraisal Report (Avg. $350): This report does not require an onsite examination of the property. However, the appraiser forms an opinion of the home value based on comprehensive research about the sales comps, public records, MLS listings, photos, etc. With Aloft company, this report may cost anywhere between $250 to $550.
CMA/BPO (Avg. $99): The Comparative Market Analysis/Broker Price Opinion is a report that contains the valuation of the property based on comparable homes available for sale on the market. This report does not require an on-site inspection of the property. Depending upon the type of property, the charges for this report may be between $99-$149.
Our Take: We recommend Aloft Appraisals as it offers a combination cutting-edge tech and highly experienced home appraisers. With their goal to fully automate the appraisal process, the company has already captured major markets across the country.
- Offers high-quality home appraisals through its in-house team of certified appraisers
- Provides streamlined, transparent, and completely automated appraisals
- Delivers appraisals within 5-7 business days with the help of highly advanced tech platform
- Allows for easy scheduling through its user-friendly website and provides free quotations
Aloft Appraisal Reviews: The company has a rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 on Google.
Aloft Appraisal, Seattle WA currently offers its services in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Florida, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
Commercial Real Estate Appraiser, North Carolina
About: Bowery Valuation operates out of New York City, New York. It is a modern appraisal firm with world-class appraisers that utilizes cutting-edge technology to deliver accurate valuations. They have a comprehensive database to ensure their appraisers have quick access to comps data. Home appraisers can deliver their valuations quickly and efficiently with property information available on demand.
Appraisal Reports: Bowery Valuation provides offers different kinds of home appraisal plans. Clients can pick an option that suits their requirements.
Full Appraisal Report (Avg. $550): A full appraisal report involves a comprehensive visual assessment of the property. The appraiser will walk through the property, examine key points, and prepare a full report with details about the condition and value of the property.
Exterior Only Appraisal Report (Avg. $250): The exterior appraisal involves a visual inspection of the exterior of the property. It also includes a comparative analysis of properties recently sold in the area recently, local MLS listings, and environmental conditions. This report can cost anywhere between $200 and $300.
Desktop Appraisal Report (Min. $125): Desktop appraisal involves looking at sale comps, public records, property photographs, MLS listings, and related information. Appraisers are able to arrive at an estimated value for the property. There is no on-site evaluation but this report does provide a fair valuation of a property. In general, such a report may cost anywhere between $125 to $250.
CMA/BPO (Avg. $99): The Comparative Market Analysis/Broker Price Opinion is a basic report that provides the value of a property based on the prices of homes that are up for sale in the same area. The appraiser won’t conduct an on-site inspection or look into public records. This report can cost anywhere between $99 and $149.
Our Take: Bowery Valuation is a good choice because they use cutting-edge technology along with qualified and experienced home appraisers. They have a fast turnaround time and offer a wide range of appraisal plans. They have one of the largest appraisal teams in the country and use innovative technology to make the appraisal process faster and more accurate.
- Provides accurate valuations and a smooth home appraisal experience
- Uses proprietary software to ensure a fast turnaround time
- Has a large team of certified in-house appraisers
- Can appraise assets of all sizes and types, including multi-family, mixed-use, and more
- Offers a comprehensive report with graphs, pictures, and maps to provide better insight
Bowery Valuation Reviews: The company has a rating of 3.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
Bowery Valuation, New York, New York offers services across the country in all states.
What is a NC Real Estate Appraiser?
A North Carolina real estate appraiser is also known as a home appraiser or a North Carolina property appraiser. They determine the fair market value of a property based on on-site visit, analysis of the sales comparables of similar properties in the neighborhood, recent market trends, and any other factor that may positively or negatively influence the value of the property.
How Much Does a NC Home Appraisal Cost?
North Carolina home appraisals cost anywhere between $335–$450 for single-family units. However, the appraising cost for multi-family homes ranges from $600-$1,500. On the other hand, commercial appraisals in North Carolina may cost anywhere between $1,500-$10,000.
» Cost of Home Appraisal in North Carolina: Click to know more about home appraisal costs in North Carolina.
Who Orders the Home Appraisal in North Carolina?
If you’re selling your house in North Carolina, you can hire a property appraiser in North Carolina. This will help you to find out the valuation of your house. This will help you in pricing your home competitively.
If you are buying a house with a mortgage, your mortgage lender will order the appraisal. This is to find out whether the property is worth the loan amount that will be disbursed.
If you’re buying a house in North Carolina without a mortgage, you will have to hire a home value appraiser. This will ensure that you don’t overpay for the property.
» Best Time to Buy a House in North Carolina: Check whether this is the right time to buy a house before you call an appraiser.
Who Pays for North Carolina Real Estate Appraisers?
The home appraiser cost in North Carolina is paid by party that hires the real estate appraiser.
When Buying a House, Who Pays for the Appraisal?
When buying a house in North Carolina, the buyer pays for the appraisal. The bank or the mortgage lender will hire the appraiser. However, the appraisal cost will be borne by the buyer.
If it’s a purchase without a mortgage, the buyer may order the home valuation in North Carolina. This may be done to find out whether the market value of the property matches the seller’s asking price. Even in this case, the North Carolina appraiser fee will be borne by the buyer.
Who Pays for Appraisal on New Construction?
The buyer pays for appraisal on new construction. If the buyer is trying to finance their purchase, mortgage lenders in North Carolina will require proof of the property’s true worth. This way the lender will be able to compare appraised value with the sale price set by the builder.
Even for a purchase not involving mortgage, the buyer may hire an appraiser to ensure they are not being overcharged by the builder. The buyer will have to bear the North Carolina property appraiser cost in this case as well.
Who Pays for Appraisal When Selling a House in North Carolina?
When selling a house in North Carolina, the seller will pay for the real estate appraisal. This is only if the seller orders the house valuation to set a competitive listing price for their property.
Similarly, if the buyer or mortgage lender order the appraisal, the buyer pays the appraiser’s fee.
Who Pays for Home Appraisal in Divorce?
In a divorce, the home appraisal cost in North Carolina is split equally between the spouses. However, if the home is being bought out by one of the spouses, then they are liable to pay the house appraiser cost.
Who Pays for the Appraisal on a Home Equity Loan?
The borrower pays for the appraisal on a home equity loan. The lender may order house appraisal through an Appraisal Management Company. This will be done to find out the amount of risk involved in approving the loan.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and read some for sale by owners’ websites to know more.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Check out these Houzeo Offers and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Housing Market Predictions North Carolina: Will the market be in the favor of home buyers and sellers? Click to find out the market conditions in North Carolina.
- How Much Are Real Estate Closing Costs in North Carolina: Know more about closing costs in North Carolina before proceeding with a real estate transaction.
- Cash for Houses North Carolina: Want to sell your home quickly for cash, we have some tips for you.
- North Carolina Title Insurance Rates: We explain the title insurance fees in North Carolina in detail.
Resources for Buyers
- Buying a Home in North Carolina With Bad Credit: Got a low credit score but want to buy a house? Check out this blog to understand how to buy a house even with bad credit in North Carolina.
- Mortgage Broker North Carolina: Don’t have a lender yet? We have a list of mortgage brokers in NC and they can make the mortgage application process easier for you.
- How Can You Get Preapproved for a Mortgage: A preapproved mortgage can help you find a prospective home quickly.
- What is the Cost of a Home Inspection in North Carolina: Wondering about the home inspection costs in North Carolina? Look at our post to know more.
- Buyer Closing Costs Calculator North Carolina: Wondering how much a home buyer pays at the close? Click to find out!
Resources for Sellers
- Best Time of Year to Sell a House in North Carolina: Planning to sell a house? We recommend considering when to sell it carefully.
- Best Real Estate Websites in North Carolina: If you want to sell a house, you may want to consider looking at these real estate websites in NC.
- North Carolina Residential Real Property Disclosure: Sellers need to disclose important facts about the property to buyers.
- North Carolina MLS Flat Fee: Listing your property on a flat fee MLS service can help you save money on agent commissions. We recommend these North Carolina flat fee listing companies to help you find the best deal.
- How to Sell a House by Owner in North Carolina: It is possible to sell a house without a real estate agent’s help. We explain how you can do that.
- Closing Cost Calculator Seller North Carolina: Want to understand the closing costs for sellers? Use our calculator for this purpose.
Related: north carolina real estate appraiser, north carolina real estate appraisers, north carolina home appraiser near me, north carolina house appraisers near me. north carolina house appraiser near me, north carolina residential appraisers near me. best home appraisers near me in north carolina, best north carolina appraisers near me. local home appraisers north carolina, certified home appraiser north carolina, north carolina home assessor near me. north carolina real estate appraiser near me, north carolina property appraiser near me, land appraisers north carolina. property appraiser north carolina, commercial appraisers in north carolina, land appraiser north carolina, north carolina appraisers in my area,
Related: north carolina commercial property appraisers near me, north carolina home appraisers in my area, north carolina certified real estate appraiser near me, north carolina home valuation near me, north carolina home appraisal, residential real estate appraisers in north carolina, real estate appraisers north carolina, homes for sale in north carolina by owner, residential appraiser in north carolina, best real estate appraiser north carolina, certified appraiser north carolina, nc flat fee MLS, real estate appraiser north carolina, north carolina appraiser in my area, nc real estate appraiser, find appraiser in north carolina, real estate agents with low commission, independent home appraisers in north carolina, licensed real estate appraisers in north carolina, listingspark.