Virginia real estate appraisers are one of the many stakeholders in a real estate deal. Whether you’re selling a house, buying a house or refinancing your mortgage on an existing property, getting your Virginia home appraised is a must. With that aim, you may search for ‘home appraisers in Virginia’, and your search ends here.
Residential Real Estate Appraiser, Virginia
About: Based in Seattle, Washington, Aloft Appraisal is a residential real estate valuation company. Aloft Seattle was founded in 2021 with the aim of making the real estate appraisal process streamlined. The appraisal company is currently present in 8 states across the US and plans to expand its business to nine more states in the coming years.
Appraisal Reports: Aloft Real Estate Appraisal company offers different types of appraisal services depending upon their clients’ requirements.
Full Appraisal Report (Avg. $650): This is a comprehensive appraisal report that is created after a thorough inspection of the interiors and exteriors of the property. It contains pictures and video, living space calculation, and details about the quality and condition of the property. It may cost anywhere between $500-$1,500.
Exterior Only Appraisal Report (Avg. $550): This report contains a review of only the exterior of the property. It does not warrant a full inspection of the house. However, comparable sales records, tax records, MLS listings, and environmental conditions are taken into consideration for properly evaluating the property. The cost for this report ranges from $500 to $1,500.
Desktop Appraisal Report (Avg. $350): This report does not require an onsite examination of the property. However, the appraiser forms an opinion of the home value based on comprehensive research about the sales comps, public records, MLS listings, photos, etc. With Aloft company, this report may cost anywhere between $250 to $550.
CMA/BPO (Avg. $99): The Comparative Market Analysis/Broker Price Opinion is a report that contains the valuation of the property based on comparable homes available for sale on the market. This report does not require an on-site inspection of the property. Depending upon the type of property, the charges for this report may be between $99-$149.
Our Take: We recommend Aloft Appraisals as it offers a combination cutting-edge tech and highly experienced home appraisers. With their goal to fully automate the appraisal process, the company has already captured major markets across the country.
- Offers high-quality home appraisals through its in-house team of certified appraisers
- Provides streamlined, transparent, and completely automated appraisals
- Delivers appraisals within 5-7 business days with the help of highly advanced tech platform
- Allows for easy scheduling through its user-friendly website and provides free quotations
Aloft Appraisal Reviews: The company has a rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 on Google.
Aloft Appraisal, Seattle WA currently offers its services in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Florida, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
Commercial Real Estate Appraiser, Virginia
About: Bowery Valuation operates out of New York City, New York. It is a modern appraisal firm with world-class appraisers that utilizes cutting-edge technology to deliver accurate valuations. They have a comprehensive database to ensure their appraisers have quick access to comps data. Home appraisers can deliver their valuations quickly and efficiently with property information available on demand.
Appraisal Reports: Bowery Valuation provides offers different kinds of home appraisal plans. Clients can pick an option that suits their requirements.
Full Appraisal Report (Avg. $550): A full appraisal report involves a comprehensive visual assessment of the property. The appraiser will walk through the property, examine key points, and prepare a full report with details about the condition and value of the property.
Exterior Only Appraisal Report (Avg. $250): The exterior appraisal involves a visual inspection of the exterior of the property. It also includes a comparative analysis of properties recently sold in the area recently, local MLS listings, and environmental conditions. This report can cost anywhere between $200 and $300.
Desktop Appraisal Report (Min. $125): Desktop appraisal involves looking at sale comps, public records, property photographs, MLS listings, and related information. Appraisers are able to arrive at an estimated value for the property. There is no on-site evaluation but this report does provide a fair valuation of a property. In general, such a report may cost anywhere between $125 to $250.
CMA/BPO (Avg. $99): The Comparative Market Analysis/Broker Price Opinion is a basic report that provides the value of a property based on the prices of homes that are up for sale in the same area. The appraiser won’t conduct an on-site inspection or look into public records. This report can cost anywhere between $99 and $149.
Our Take: Bowery Valuation is a good choice because they use cutting-edge technology along with qualified and experienced home appraisers. They have a fast turnaround time and offer a wide range of appraisal plans. They have one of the largest appraisal teams in the country and use innovative technology to make the appraisal process faster and more accurate.
- Provides accurate valuations and a smooth home appraisal experience
- Uses proprietary software to ensure a fast turnaround time
- Has a large team of certified in-house appraisers
- Can appraise assets of all sizes and types, including multi-family, mixed-use, and more
- Offers a comprehensive report with graphs, pictures, and maps to provide better insight
Bowery Valuation Reviews: The company has a rating of 3.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
Bowery Valuation, New York, New York offers services across the country in all states.
What is a VA Real Estate Appraiser?
A Virginia real estate appraiser is also known as a home appraiser or a Virginia property appraiser. They determine the fair market value of a property based on on-site visit, analysis of the sales comparables of similar properties in the neighborhood, recent market trends, and any other factor that may positively or negatively influence the value of the property.
How Much Does a Virginia Home Appraisal Cost?
Virginia home appraisals cost anywhere between $335–$450 for single-family units. However, the appraising cost for multi-family homes ranges from $600-$1,500. On the other hand, commercial appraisals in Virginia may cost anywhere between $1,500-$10,000.
» How Much Are Home Appraisals in Virginia: Click to know more about home appraisal costs in Virginia.
Who Orders the Home Appraisal in Virginia?
If you’re selling your house in Virginia, you can hire a property appraiser in Virginia. This will help you to find out the valuation of your house. This will help you in pricing your home competitively.
If you are buying a house with a mortgage, the lender will order the appraisal for you. This is to find out whether the property is worth the loan amount that will be disbursed.
If you’re buying a home in Virginia without a mortgage, you will have to hire a home value appraiser. This will ensure that you don’t overpay for the property.
» When to Buy a House in Virginia: Check whether this is the right time to buy a house before you call an appraiser.
Who Pays for Virginia Real Estate Appraisers?
The home appraiser cost in Virginia is paid by the party that hires the real estate appraiser.
When Buying a House, Who Pays for the Appraisal?
When buying a house in Virginia, the buyer pays for the appraisal. The bank or the mortgage lender will hire the appraiser. However, the appraisal cost will be borne by the buyer.
If it’s a purchase without a mortgage, the buyer may order the home valuation in Virginia. This may be done to find out whether the market value of the property matches the seller’s asking price. Even in this case, the Virginia appraiser fee will be borne by the buyer.
Who Pays for Appraisal on New Construction?
The buyer pays for appraisal on new construction. If the buyer is trying to finance their purchase, mortgage lenders in Virginia will require proof of the property’s true worth. This way the lender will be able to compare appraised value with the sale price set by the builder.
Even for a purchase not involving mortgage, the buyer may hire an appraiser to ensure they are not being overcharged by the builder. The buyer will have to bear the Virginia property appraiser cost in this case as well.
Who Pays for Appraisal When Selling a House in Virginia?
When selling a house in Virginia, the seller will pay for the real estate appraisal. This is only if the seller orders the house valuation to set a competitive listing price for their property.
Similarly, if the buyer or mortgage lender orders the appraisal, the buyer pays the appraiser’s fee.
Who Pays for Home Appraisal in Divorce?
In a divorce, the home appraisal cost in Virginia is split equally between the spouses. However, if the home is being bought out by one of the spouses, then they are liable to pay the house appraiser’s cost.
Who Pays for the Appraisal on a Home Equity Loan?
The borrower pays for the appraisal on a home equity loan. The lender may order house appraisal through an Appraisal Management Company. This will be done to find out the amount of risk involved in approving the loan.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the for sale by owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Multiple Listing Service Virginia: Check out the rankings of the best VA Flat Fee MLS listing companies in Virginia.
- Top Real Estate Companies in Virginia: Discover the top real estate companies in Virginia & get yourself a place in the golden state.
- Buying a House With Bad Credit in Virginia: Got a low credit score but want to buy a house? Check out this blog to understand how to buy a house even with bad credit in Virginia.
- Virginia House Flipping: House flipping is a profitable option for buyer investors. Read our comprehensive guide on how to flip a house successfully.
- Virginia Home Inspection Guidelines: Know everything you need to about home inspections in Virginia and how they can help you make an informed decision.
- Virginia Housing Market Predictions: Will the market be in the favor of home buyers and sellers? Click to find out the market conditions in Virginia.
Recommended for Buyers
- Virginia Mortgage Broker: Find the best mortgage brokers in Virginia to help you find the best loan deals.
- Cash for Homes Virginia: Best companies and marketplaces that buy houses for cash in Virginia. Read this blog to know more.
- Typical Closing Costs Virginia: How much are closing costs in Virginia? Read our blog to know more.
- Buyer Closing Costs Virginia: Know about your final expenses to complete the real estate transaction!
- Virginia Closing Costs Calculator Buyer: Wondering how much a home buyer pays at the close? Click to find out!
Recommended for Sellers
- Selling a House As Is in Virginia: Want to sell a house in as-is condition? Read the steps to successfully sell your home.
- Sell My House Fast for Cash Virginia: Want to sell a house fast for cash in Virginia? Read this blog to do it efficiently.
- How to Sell a House in Virginia by Owner: Check out our guide on how to sell your house without a realtor in Virginia.
- Estimate Closing Costs Seller Virginia: Read our blog to know more about seller closing costs in Virginia.
- Cost of Selling a House in Virginia Calculator: Know how much you pay at the end of sale as a home seller.
- Seller’s Mandatory Disclosure Statement Virginia: Want to ace your disclosure process? Click to know how you can do it.
Virginia real estate appraiser, Virginia real estate appraisers, Virginia home appraiser near me, Virginia house appraisers near me, Virginia house appraiser near me, Virginia residential appraisers near me. best home appraisers near me in Virginia, best Virginia appraisers near me. local home appraisers Virginia, certified home appraiser Virginia, Virginia home assessor near me, Virginia real estate appraiser near me, Virginia property appraiser near me, land appraisers Virginia. property appraiser Virginia, commercial appraisers in Virginia, land appraiser Virginia, Virginia appraisers in my area, Virginia home value appraiser, definition of flat fee.
Related: Virginia commercial property appraisers near me, Virginia home appraisers in my area, Virginia certified real estate appraiser near me, Virginia home valuation near me, Virginia home appraisal, residential real estate appraisers in Virginia, real estate appraisers Virginia, residential appraiser in Virginia, best real estate appraiser Virginia, certified appraiser Virginia, real estate appraiser Virginia, Virginia appraiser in my area, VA real estate appraiser, find appraiser in Virginia, fsbo VA, independent home appraisers in Virginia, Virginia Flat fee, licensed real estate appraisers in Virginia, low commission real estate agent, homelight reviews.