What is a Home Inspection in St Louis?
A home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination of a property. Home inspections reveal significant defects of the property that an untrained eye can miss. Inspections paint the real picture of the true condition of the property.
A home inspection report provides valuable insights into the property’s interior and exterior, electrical systems, plumbing, HVAC, and more. Specialty home inspections like radon, asbestos, and termite inspections are also done.
What do Home Inspectors Look for in St Louis?
Home inspectors look for visual cues of major flaws that could compromise overall safety. Appearances can be deceptive, so no matter how great the curb appeal is, you don’t want to get stuck with a decaying property.
» Best Home Inspectors: Check out our list of the best inspectors and home inspection companies
Exterior Home Inspections in St Louis: Outside the House
- Foundation: Inspection of the house perimeter to check for large cracks in walls, uneven flooring structure, sink holes, loosened or cracked windows, etc
- Garage: Test if the garage doors open and close as expected, whether the garage is ventilated enough, and if the garage framing is visible
- Exterior Walls: Inspect the walls of the property to check the damage caused by wood-loving organisms, a possible infestation of termites, etc
- Roof: Home inspector will check for loose or improperly secured shingles on the roof, signs of water damage and condition of the gutters
Interior Home Inspections in St Louis: Inside the House
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Kitchen Appliances
» Four-Point Inspection: What is a 4-point inspection and why you need one when buying an old property
Specialized Home Inspections in St Louis
- Lead-based paint
- Wood destroying organisms (termites, pests)
Do I Need a Home Inspection in St Louis?
Yes, you need to do a home inspection because that reveals potentially life-threatening issues in a house. As a home buyer, you can negotiate with the seller to fix the issues identified in the home inspection report.
- How to Sell My House Fast: Selling a house in America takes approximately 90 days from list to close. And that’s only if you get offers fast and there are no hiccups in home inspection, appraisal, and closing. Here’s how you can sell your house fast and for more cash.
- Selling a House: Selling a house in the United States is complex and requires a good understanding of the real estate market.
- Closing Costs: See what’s the real cost and how you can negotiate your closing costs as a seller or buyers.
Related: home inspections St Louis, home buying inspection St Louis, home buyer inspection St Louis, home inspect St Louis, real estate home inspection St Louis Missouri, home inspection checklist for buyers St Louis MO, home inspection checklists St Louis, home buying inspection checklist pdf St Louis, home inspection report St Louis MO, home inspection cost calculator St Louis Missouri, average home inspection cost St Louis, average cost of home inspection St Louis, home inspection tools St Louis, home inspection insurance St Louis , home inspection vs appraisal St Louis MO, home inspection waiver St Louis , best drone for home inspections St Louis , home inspection contingency St Louis Missouri, tricks to pass home inspection St Louis , types of home inspection in St Louis , Housezo, Houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo