Home inspections are optional, but a credible & diligent home inspector will reveal significant flaws in the property before you close on it. In this blog, we’re assessing and ranking the best home inspectors in Clovis, CA.
Rankings: 3 Best Home Inspectors in Clovis, CA
|Rank||Home Inspection Company||General Home Inspection Fees||Home Inspection Warranty||5-Star Reviews*|
|#2||National Property Inspections||$300-$400||✅||✅|
|#3||Pillar To Post Home Inspectors||Variable||✅||✅|
* For 5-star Customer Reviews, ratings above 4.75 out of 5 stars have been considered.
Reviews: 3 Best Home Inspectors in Clovis, CA
1. HouseMaster, Clovis
BUYER BENEFITS PROGRAM
HouseMaster is a home inspection company founded in 1971 by Ken Austin, the co-founder of ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors), which is the industry’s first association to set standards for home inspections.
HouseMaster has partnered with home utility brands like Sherwin-Williams, ADT, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? and Empire Today. With its Buyer Benefits Program, HouseMaster enables home buyers to curtail some expenses associated with buying a new home. There is no extra fee because these benefits are included in the home inspection costs.
- General Home Inspection – $300 to $600: General home inspections for existing homes and new construction inspections. The fee varies regionally and can be higher for older properties.
- Specialized Inspections: Your local HouseMaster franchise will offer specialized inspections like radon, mold, infrared, sewer and septic systems, roof, foundations, stucco, pool and spa & more. Prices vary regionally.
👉 Our Take: While HouseMaster is a prolific brand, you should always check the reviews of your local HouseMaster franchise. Note that HouseMaster’s Buyer Benefits Program is only available in limited locations.
HouseMaster Home Inspection Scheduling & Inspection Report:
- How to Schedule an Inspection via HouseMaster.com: You can schedule online on housemaster.com
- How Long Does it Take to Get My Inspection Report: This depends on your home inspector. A general home inspection requires two to three hours, and it may take up to a week or so for the inspector to compile the inspection report.
- Your Experience May Vary: HouseMaster is available in 49 states, and you will be connected with the local franchise’s inspector. With HouseMaster’s “Inspection Guarantee,” you can also avail of a limited repairs reimbursement!
- Digitized Platform – HouseMaster Cloud: In 2017, the company upgraded its platform and created an online dashboard. Since then, home buyers can access all the property information at their fingertips.
- Pre-Listing Home Inspections: An idea brought to fruition by HouseMasters that has helped thousands of consumers sell their homes quickly.
HouseMaster has 5 out of 5 stars on Google for its Fayetteville office. The reviews of HouseMaster franchisees are positive nationwide.
Near-Nationwide Coverage: HouseMaster has franchisees offering home inspection services in 49 states.
2. National Property Inspections
NPI or National Property Inspections, Inc., is the oldest home inspection franchise company in the U.S. All NPI franchisees undergo rigorous training for 20 types of inspection services related to residential homes, commercial properties, and builder’s warranty inspections.
- General Home Inspection – $400 to $600: General home inspections for existing homes and new construction inspections. The fee varies by state, and franchise, and can be higher for larger or older properties.
- Re-Inspection – $100: Most NPI franchises offer reinspection for a small fee. Typically, these re-inspections only cover the items identified as having been repaired.
- Termite Inspection – $100: Most franchisees of National Property Inspections offer Termite or Wood Destroying Organisms Inspection. This is one of the most common inspections and is highly advised for home purchases. Prices vary.
- Specialty Inspections: Your local NPI franchise may offer other specialized inspections like radon, mold, infrared, sewer and septic systems, roof, foundations, stucco, pool and spa & more. Prices vary.
👉 Our Take: Although National Property Inspections is a renowned home inspection franchise network, some franchisees have questionable service quality. We recommend you check the local inspectors’ reviews before engaging them for a home inspection.
NPI Home Inspection Scheduling & Inspection Report
- How to Schedule an Inspection via NPI: You can schedule online on npiweb.com or via a phone call (541) 210-8055.
- How Long Does it Take to Get My Inspection Report: Varies by the home inspector. Typically, a general home inspection requires two to three hours for the actual inspection. After that it can take upto a week for the inspector to compile the inspection report.
National Property Inspections Atlanta has an excellent rating of 5 out of 5 stars on Birdeye. Since National Property Inspections is a franchise network, the reviews vary nationwide.
👉 Check customer reviews before scheduling a home inspection: To avoid investing money in a decaying property because of a negligent home inspection, ensure you read the reviews of past clients.
National Property Inspections is one of America’s largest home inspection service companies (by coverage), with offices in 200 locations across 42 states.
3. Pillar to Post Home Inspectors, Clovis
Custom Inspection Packages
Pillar to Post Home Inspectors is a popular choice amongst home buyers looking for customized home inspections. They offer exclusive home inspection packages, Plus, Premium & Prestige, and the pricing varies nationwide. Pillar To Post Home Inspectors™ undergo rigorous training and adhere to official and proven procedural guidelines.
- “Plus” Package: General home inspections for existing homes and new construction inspections cover all the major areas in the interior and exterior of the home. The fee varies by state and franchise and can be higher for larger or older properties.
- “Premium” Package: Includes everything in the Plus package with an infrared scan, a digital owners’ manual, rodent inspection, 15 percent discount on added inspection services, and a lifetime maintenance advisory service.
- “Prestige” Package: Includes everything in the previous tiers along with the Healthy Home Package and 30 percent off added inspection services
- Specialized Inspections: Your local Pillar To Post franchise may offer other specialized inspections like radon, mold, infrared, sewer and septic systems, roof, foundations, stucco, pool and spa & more. Prices vary. Specialized home inspections aren’t available in all areas.
👉 Our Take: Pillar to Post Inspection’s custom packages vary by state, and some franchisees have questionable service quality. Furthermore, specialized home inspections aren’t available in all areas, so we recommend you connect with the local Pillar To Post inspector first and then schedule an appointment.
What You Need to Know about Pillartopost:
- How to Schedule an Inspection via Pillartopost.com: You can schedule online via pillartopost.com.
- How Long Does it Take to Get My Inspection Report: Up to a few hours after the home inspection is complete. Typically, a general home inspection requires two to three hours. After that, the Pillar to Post inspection report is available online within minutes. The period may vary for specialized inspections.
- Your Experience May Vary: Pillar to Post is available in 44 states & Canada. Because you will be matched with a local inspector, your experience depends highly on the expertise and professionalism of that inspector.
Pillar to Post Home Inspectors has a 4.5 out of 5-star rating on Yelp with 27 reviews for one of its California franchisees and a 4.9 out of 5 stars (208 reviews) on Google for its Fayetteville branch.
👉 Check customer reviews before scheduling a home inspection: Pillartopost reviews differ drastically by state, so always check the customer reviews of your local Pillartopost branch.
Near-Nationwide Coverage: Pillar to Post Home Inspectors is one of America’s largest home inspection service companies, with offices in 44 states in the U.S and a few in Canada.
What are Home Inspections?
A home inspection is a non-invasive, visual examination of a property. Home inspections reveal significant defects of the property that an untrained eye can miss. Inspections paint the real picture of the true condition of the property.
A thorough home inspection can uncover issues like mold infestation or faulty electrical systems and give home buyers an estimate of the maintenance required on the property. Home inspections also save home buyers from making the wrong investment beforehand.
What are Home Inspectors?
Home inspectors conduct home inspections, making them important stakeholders in a real estate transaction. A home inspector will assess the property and prepare a detailed report that documents the property’s structures, design, and fixtures.
A home inspection report provides valuable insights into the property’s interior and exterior, electrical systems, plumbing, HVAC, and more. Specialty home inspections like radon, asbestos, and termite inspections are also done.
👉 A good home inspector will uncover “hidden” issues of the property and save you the money you might have to spend on unexpected repairs.
What do Clovis Home Inspectors Look for?
Home inspectors look for visual cues of major flaws that could compromise overall safety. Appearances can be deceptive, so no matter how great the curb appeal is, you don’t want to get stuck with a decaying property.
A home inspector is often confused with a home appraiser, but the two are quite distinct. A home appraiser, too, looks at the property’s condition, and keeps an eye on local home sales trends so that they can determine the appraised value of the house.
Below is the typical home inspection checklist of things home inspectors look for:
Exterior Home Inspections: Outside the Property
- Foundation: Inspection of the house perimeter to check for large cracks in walls, uneven flooring structure, sink holes, loosened or cracked windows, etc
- Garage: Test if the garage doors open and close as expected, whether the garage is ventilated enough, and if the garage framing is visible
- Exterior Walls: Inspect the walls of the property to check the damage caused by wood-loving organisms, a possible infestation of termites, etc
- Roof: Home inspector will check for loose or improperly secured shingles on the roof, signs of water damage and condition of the gutters
Interior Home Inspections: Inside the Property
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Kitchen Appliances
Specialized Home Inspections
- Lead-based paint
- Wood destroying organisms (termites, pests)
What to Look For in a Home Inspector?
Hiring a credible home inspector is critical because their home inspection report elaborates the true condition of the property. Before scheduling a home inspection, you should consider-
- Home Inspector’s Credentials
- Training and Experience
- Quality of home inspection reports
Do I Need a Home Inspection in Clovis, CA?
Yes, you need to do a home inspection because that reveals potentially life-threatening issues in a house. As a home buyer, you can negotiate with the seller to fix the issues identified in the home inspection report.
Some home inspection companies like Pillar to Post also provide repair cost guides so you can budget accordingly. A home inspection will save you from unnecessarily paying more for a property.
- How to Sell My House Fast: Selling a house in America takes approximately 90 days from list to close. Check out our guide if you’re interested in selling your home faster than 90 days!
- Selling a House: Selling a house in the United States is complex and requires a good understanding of the real estate market.
- Closing Costs: See the real cost and how you can negotiate your closing costs as a seller or buyer.
- Closing Costs for Sellers: What are the closing costs as a seller? See the real cost and how you can negotiate your closing costs as a seller.
- Closing Costs for Buyers: Check out real costs related to buying a house and see if you can negotiate your closing costs as a buyer.
- Best Real Estate Websites: Check out our list of the top 12 real estate websites in the USA.
Related: Clovis, CA home inspectors reviews, home inspection companies Clovis, Clovis area home inspectors, Clovis CA home inspector, best Clovis home inspectors, Clovis home inspector reviews, affordable home inspectors in Clovis, best home inspectors agencies Clovis, best home inspectors in Clovis area, best home inspectors companies Clovis, best home inspectors contractors Clovis, your Clovis home inspector, home inspectors southern ClovisUncategorized