Home inspections are optional, but a credible & diligent home inspector will reveal significant flaws in the property before you close on it. In this blog, we’re assessing and ranking the best home inspectors in Southfield, MI.
Rankings: 3 Best Home Inspectors in Southfield, MI
|Rank||Home Inspection Company||General Home Inspection Fees||Home Inspection Warranty||5-Star Reviews*|
|#1||The Dalfino Team, Pillar To Post Inspector||Variable||✅||✅|
* For 5-star Customer Reviews, ratings above 4.75 out of 5 stars have been considered.
Reviews: 3 Best Home Inspectors in Southfield, MI
1. The Dalfino Team, Pillar to Post Home Inspectors
David (Dave) Dalfino is an ASHI Certified Home Inspector and has been inspecting residential and commercial properties for 22 years. Dave and the Dalfino team are known for their upfront opinion on the property.
🔗 A “Pillar To Post Home Inspectors™” Franchise: All home inspector companies of Pillar To Post undergo rigorous training, follow procedural guidelines, and offer bespoke packages, as follows:
- “Plus” Package: General home inspections for existing homes and new construction inspections cover all the major areas in the interior and exterior of the home. Fees depend on the size and age of the property.
- “Premium” Package: Includes everything in the Plus package with an infrared scan, a digital owners’ manual, rodent inspection, a 15 percent discount on added inspection services, and a lifetime maintenance advisory service.
- “Prestige” Package: Includes everything in the previous tiers, Healthy Home Package, and 30 percent off added inspection services.
- Specialized Inspections: Your local Pillar To Post franchise may offer other specialized inspections like radon, mold, infrared, sewer and septic systems, roof, foundations, stucco, pool and spa & more.
👉 Our Take: The Dalfino Team has stellar reviews for a variety of specialized home inspections but they don’t perform home inspections in all areas, so we recommend you inquire before scheduling an appointment.
What You Need to Know about PillarToPost Franchise, The Dalfino Team:
- How to Schedule an Inspection: You can schedule online via dalfinoteam.pillartopost.com
- How Long Does it Take to Get My Home Inspection Report: Up to a few hours after the home inspection is complete. Typically, a general home inspection requires two to three hours. The Pillar To Post inspection report is available online within minutes if you didn’t do a specialized house inspection for your property
The Dalfino Team has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google.
Limited Coverage in Michigan: David Dalfino and his multi-inspector firm provides home inspection services in Southfield, Livingston, Oakland, Macomb Counties, and Wayne County, Michigan Avenue in Michigan.
2. HouseMaster, Southfield
BUYER BENEFITS PROGRAM
HouseMaster is a home inspection company founded in 1971 by Ken Austin, the co-founder of ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors), which is the industry’s first association to set standards for home inspections.
HouseMaster has partnered with home utility brands like Sherwin-Williams, ADT, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? and Empire Today. With its Buyer Benefits Program, HouseMaster enables home buyers to curtail some expenses associated with buying a new home. There is no extra fee because these benefits are included in the home inspection costs.
- General Home Inspection – $300 to $600: General home inspections for existing homes and new construction inspections. The fee varies regionally and can be higher for older properties.
- Specialized Inspections: Your local HouseMaster franchise will offer specialized inspections like radon, mold, infrared, sewer and septic systems, roof, foundations, stucco, pool and spa & more. Prices vary regionally.
👉 Our Take: While HouseMaster is a prolific brand, you should always check the reviews of your local HouseMaster franchise. Note that HouseMaster’s Buyer Benefits Program is only available in limited locations.
HouseMaster Home Inspection Scheduling & Inspection Report:
- How to Schedule an Inspection via HouseMaster.com: You can schedule online on housemaster.com
- How Long Does it Take to Get My Inspection Report: This depends on your home inspector. A general home inspection requires two to three hours, and it may take up to a week or so for the inspector to compile the inspection report.
- Your Experience May Vary: HouseMaster is available in 49 states, and you will be connected with the local franchise’s inspector. With HouseMaster’s “Inspection Guarantee,” you can also avail of a limited repairs reimbursement!
- Digitized Platform – HouseMaster Cloud: In 2017, the company upgraded its platform and created an online dashboard. Since then, home buyers can access all the property information at their fingertips.
- Pre-Listing Home Inspections: An idea brought to fruition by HouseMasters that has helped thousands of consumers sell their homes quickly.
HouseMaster has 5 out of 5 stars on Google for its Fayetteville office. The reviews of HouseMaster franchisees are positive nationwide.
Near-Nationwide Coverage: HouseMaster has franchisees offering home inspection services in 49 states.
3. AmeriSpec Inspections, Southfield
400 Points of Inspection
AmeriSpec is a home inspection company known for its detailed inspection reports. With 400 points of inspection, long-term maintenance checklists, and maintenance reminders, AmeriSpec’s home inspectors leave nothing to “chance.” All AmeriSpec franchisees undergo rigorous training for inspections related to residential homes and commercial properties.
- General Home Inspection – $400 to $600: General home inspections for existing homes and new construction inspections. The fee varies by state, and franchise, and can be higher for larger or older properties.
- Re-Inspection – $100: All franchises offer reinspection. Typically, these re-inspections are done to verify whether the issues flagged in the first inspection still persist or not.
- Termite Inspection – $100-$150: Almost all the franchisees of AmeriSpec offer Termite or Wood Destroying Organisms Inspection. This is one of the most common inspections and is highly advised for home purchases. Prices varies regionally.
- Specialized Inspections: Your local AmeriSpec franchise may offer specialized inspections like radon, mold, infrared, sewer and septic systems, roof, foundations, stucco, pool and spa & more. Prices vary.
AmeriSpec Home Inspection Scheduling & Inspection Report
- How to Schedule an Inspection via AmeriSpec.com: You can schedule online on amerispec.com or via a phone call (844) 960-4995.
- How Long Does it Take to Get My Inspection Report: Varies by the home inspector. Typically, a general home inspection requires two to three hours for the actual inspection. After that, it can take up to a week for the inspector to compile the inspection report.
- Your Experience May Vary: AmeriSpec is available in 39 states. Even though you will be matched with a local inspector, your experience will most likely be excellent because AmeriSpec home inspectors have 4+ star reviews and are known for their detailed inspection reports.
AmeriSpec Inspection Services has an excellent 5 out of 5 stars on Yelp. Generally, the reviews of AmeriSpec Inspection franchisees are positive nationwide.
Near-Nationwide Coverage: AmeriSpec Inspection Services has 272 locally owned franchisees in limited cities across 39 states:
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
What are Home Inspections?
A home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination of a property. Home inspections reveal significant defects in the property that an untrained eye can miss. Inspections paint the real picture of the true condition of the property.
A thorough home inspection can uncover issues like mold infestation or faulty electrical systems and give home buyers an estimate of the maintenance required on the property. Home inspections also save home buyers from making the wrong investment beforehand.
What are Home Inspectors in Southfield?
Home inspectors conduct home inspections, making them important stakeholders in a real estate transactions. A home inspector will assess the property and prepare a detailed report that documents the property’s structures, design, and fixtures.
A home inspection report provides valuable insights into the property’s interior and exterior, electrical systems, plumbing, HVAC, and more. Specialty home inspections like radon, asbestos, and termite inspections are also done.
👉 A good home inspector will uncover “hidden” issues of the property and save you the money you might have to spend on unexpected repairs.
What do Home Inspectors Look for in Southfield?
Home inspectors look for visual cues of major flaws that could compromise overall safety. Appearances can be deceptive, so no matter how great the curb appeal is, you don’t want to get stuck with a decaying property.
A home inspector is often confused with a home appraiser, but the two are quite distinct. A home appraiser, too, looks at the property’s condition and keeps an eye on local home sales trends so that they can determine the appraised value of the house.
Below is the typical home inspection checklist of things home inspectors look for:
Exterior Home Inspections: Outside the Property
- Foundation: Inspection of the house perimeter to check for large cracks in walls, uneven flooring structure, sink holes, loosened or cracked windows, etc
- Garage: Test if the garage doors open and close as expected, whether the garage is ventilated enough, and if the garage framing is visible
- Exterior Walls: Inspect the walls of the property to check the damage caused by wood-loving organisms, a possible infestation of termites, etc.
- Roof: Home inspector will check for loose or improperly secured shingles on the roof, signs of water damage and condition of the gutters
Interior Home Inspections: Inside the Property
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Kitchen Appliances
Specialized Home Inspections
- Lead-based paint
- Wood-destroying organisms (termites, pests)
What to Look For in a Home Inspector in Southfield?
Hiring a credible home inspector is critical because their home inspection report elaborates the true condition of the property. Before scheduling a home inspection, you should consider-
- Home Inspector’s Credentials
- Training and Experience
- Quality of home inspection reports
Do I Need a Home Inspection in Southfield, MI?
Yes, you need to do a home inspection because that reveals potentially life-threatening issues in a house. As a home buyer, you can negotiate with the seller to fix the issues identified in the home inspection report.
Some home inspection companies like Pillar to Post also provide repair cost guides so you can budget accordingly. A home inspection will save you from unnecessarily paying more for a property.
- How to Sell My House Fast: Selling a house in America takes approximately 90 days from list to close. Check out our guide if you’re interested in selling your home faster than 90 days!
- Selling a House: Selling a house in the United States is complex and requires a good understanding of the real estate market.
- Closing Costs: See the real cost and how you can negotiate your closing costs as a seller or buyer.
- Closing Costs for Sellers: What are the closing costs as a seller? See the real cost and how you can negotiate your closing costs as a seller.
- Closing Costs for Buyers: Check out real costs related to buying a house and see if you can negotiate your closing costs as a buyer.
- Best Real Estate Websites: Check out our list of the top 12 real estate websites in the USA.
Related: Southfield mi home inspector, Southfield home inspectors, Southfield home inspectors reviews, home inspection companies Southfield, Southfield area home inspectors, homes inspector southfield mi, best Southfield home inspectors, Southfield home inspector reviews, affordable home inspectors in Southfield, best home inspectors agencies Southfield, best home inspectors in Southfield area, best home inspectors companies Southfield, best home inspectors contractors Southfield, your Southfield home inspectorUncategorized