Ideal Agent is an agent matching service. Their affiliate brokers charge a 2% commission out of which they pay 0.5% to Ideal Agent as a referral fee.
Write a review
- Ideal Agent is available nationwide
- Real estate agents in the Concierge Team answer all your queries promptly
- Ideal Agent doesn't guarantee the service quality of the broker you're matched with
- You are matched with only one agent at a time
- You get only limited savings because you have to pay both the listing agent and the buyer agent commission
- You indirectly pay Ideal Agent a steep 25% referral fee for simply matching you with an agent
Ideal Agent partners with full-service brokers from Keller Williams, RE/MAX, Christie's, etc., who offer their services at a discount. However, Ideal Agent's elite partner network is also their biggest drawback.
Because of their strict selection criteria, they have a small agent network that caters to the entire country. So, don't be surprised if you are matched with a real estate agent with insufficient knowledge about your locality.
Instead of trusting someone else with your home sale, go the FSBO route and sell your home yourself with Houzeo.
Houzeo will automatically assign your local MLS giving you maximum exposure to buyers and buyer agents. Your listing will also be on all major platforms, including Zillow, Redfin, Realtor.com, and Trulia.
Let's look at Ideal Agent reviews to understand how they work and if they prioritize your best interests or their profit in the real estate transaction.
- Pros: Ideal Agent lets you work with a full-service real estate agent at a discounted fee. You get the best of services while saving thousand of dollars in commission.
- Cons: Ideal Agent is expensive. You will be paying a total commission of 4.5% to 5%: a 2% listing agent commission and a 2.5% buyer agent commission. Further, Ideal Agent's technology may not be at par with current market standards.
- Our Take: We don't recommend Ideal Agent because their 2% listing fee is too high. Houzeo will help you save thousands by eliminating this entire commission. Compare Houzeo vs. Ideal Agent.
What is Ideal Agent?
Ideal Agent's primary selling point is their ability to match home sellers and buyers with full-service real estate brokers who work for a discounted fee.
Typically, agents charge sellers a 3% listing commission. However, Ideal Agents offer all the services of a traditional realtor for a 2% commission. Their buyer agent commission is fixed at 2.5%.
Compared to Ideal Agent competitors like Clever Real Estate and UpNest, this brokerage has fewer agents on their roster. Based on the information on their website, they work only with the 'crème de la crème of real estate agents.'
While this makes Ideal Agent's network exclusive, it also makes it difficult for them to provide nationwide coverage satisfactorily.
- ✍️ Note: Ideal Agents aren't discount brokers. They are full-service realtors who offer discounted rates as a deal with Ideal Agent. So, it's worth questioning if you'll get the same service as those paying the agent the full fee.
Ideal Agent is among the top discount brokerages. It is an agent matching service that specializes in home selling.
- Full Service – 2% Commission: The full-service package will get you all the services from start to end. This includes professional photos, negotiation, and closing assistance.
👉 Our Take: Ideal Agent is a good choice for home sellers. Although their overall online reviews are good, they are often inconsistent while matching agents with clients. They have no services for home buyers.
» What is Ideal Agent: Check out our reviews of Ideal Agent to know more about them.
Ideal Agent is an agent matching service that helps sellers find low commission real estate agents.
- Agent Matching: They claim that you will be matched with an agent from the top 1% producers in your locality.
- Pre-Negotiated Commission: Ideal Agent has pre-negotiated the commission with their agents. This allows sellers to focus on the other aspects of the transaction.
- Profit Maximization: Your agent will leverage the best features of your house and help maximize your sale profits.
- Dedicated Concierge: Their agents guide you in every step of the transaction from marketing, to negotiation assistance, and closing.
» How does Ideal Agent work: Here is a detailed explanation about them. Check it out!!
Ideal Agent has some drawbacks we came across in our research.
- Low Savings: Ideal Agent charges more than most low-commission companies, compromising your savings. You will be paying a total commission of 4.5% – 5% even with discounted listing fees.
- Additional Referral Fees: Ideal agent fees includes a 25% referral fee from real estate agents after successful transactions. Since you pay the agent, these fees are essentially going from your pocket.
- Outdated Technology: Their agent matching algorithm is inconsistent. Several customers complain about being assigned sub-par agents.
- No Buyer Support: Ideal Agent isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
Is Ideal Agent Legit?
Yes, Ideal Agent is a legitimate company and licensed brokerage in Florida.
Founded in 2016 by Steve Johnston, this company claims to be one of the leading agent-matching services in America, with almost 2,000 agents.
According to idealagent.com, they work with high-quality agents from the top 1% of sales contributors in their local markets.
How Does Ideal Agent Work?
As a recommendation engine, Ideal Agent's process is straightforward:
- Submit Your Property Information: You need to complete the online form on the Ideal Agent website. It will ask you questions about your property, address, asking price, contact information, closing timeline, etc.
- Speak to the Concierge: Once you submit the form, the Ideal Agent concierge service will reach out for additional details. The company then uses this information to match you with an Ideal Realtor.
- Sign the Listing Agreement: After getting introduced to your agent, you will sign a formal listing agreement if you choose to move ahead. Ideal Agent's customer service will follow up with you to solve any difficulties you may face.
Ideal Agent's services are not obligatory. If you're unhappy with the agent you're matched with, you can walk away.
- ⌛ Remember: Ideal Agent can take up to 2 weeks to match you with your "Ideal Agent". Since your property wouldn't be listed yet, you could miss out on some lucrative offers.
How Much Does Ideal Agent Cost?
Ideal Agent, as a match-making service, claims to be free. They match you with an agent, and the real estate transaction proceeds normally.
However, instead of a 3% listing fee, you pay just 2% to your full-service broker. If your home value is below $150,000, you must pay a minimum of $3,000 as a listing fee.
The buyer agent's commission is set at 2.5%.
Is Ideal Agent Really Free?
Idealagent.com commercials say that the agent-matching service is free to use. But this is only partially true.
While sellers and buyers don't directly pay a fee to Ideal Agent when using their services, the partner realtor has to pay a 25% referral fee to the company. This fee is paid from the commission homeowners pay the Ideal broker.
So, ultimately you end up paying thousands of dollars to "completely free" Ideal Agent.com.
Ideal Agent vs. Houzeo
Opting for a broker recommended by Ideal Agent seems quick and easy. But you could pay for this convenience by working with an agent who isn’t as invested in the process as you.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold Plan empowers you to sell your home yourself. You get advanced technology that is otherwise available only to real estate agents.
|Customer Rating||4.8 stars (475 reviews)||4.9 stars (4,523 reviews)|
|Coverage||Nationwide||47 states + Washington D.C.|
|Unlimited Listing Changes||❌||✅|
|Counter an Offer||❌||✅|
|Request Highest and Best Offer||❌||✅|
|Home Inspection Dashboard||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Ideal Agent Reviews and Complaints
Ideal Agent.com has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating on Google based on 475 reviews.
Their positive reviews praise their prompt customer service and the seamless home-selling process.
On the other hand, Ideal Agent complaints highlight the inconsistency in the service quality offered by the agents. Many customers also focused on how the total commission they paid ended up being around 5%.
Positive Ideal Agent.com Reviews
✅ Kevin was thrilled with the agent he was matched with who helped him sell his home for above the asking price.
Shawna was the absolute best agent. Using Ideal Agent paid off for us. Sold our house in a few days (multiple offers) 10 percent above asking price. Five Stars.
✅ Tyrone was grateful for how easily the Ideal Agent Realtor helped him sell his house during a personal time of grief.
This is the 2nd time using Ideal Agent, again outstanding professional service was received of the selling of my late father-n-law's property. RealtorJaymes Willoughby and his staff (Alex Hana) were great! They guided us through the sells process step by step through a difficult time period. Different home/property selling circumstances, but the same great sales experience using Ideal Agent.
Negative Ideal Agent.com Reviews
❌ Shawn was dismayed over the thousands of dollars they lost because of the agent they were matched with.
We used Christina Botto. We as the seller lost over $9,000 on the sale of our house. When the VA appraisal came in very low, and we asked for a appeal. The buyers' agent then threatened to sue us. If our agent had just protected us by putting in the contract a out if the appraisal was low, but she did not. So legally we had no options' and lost out on $9,000. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for.
❌ Eulala was furious because of the unprofessional behavior of their ideal agent, who failed to follow up with them in a timely manner.
HORRIBLE!!! The agent they referred me to was lazy, unresponsive and they did NOTHING about it! They sent a text msg to me 4 days ago and still have not followed up. You're better off finding your own realtor or selling/buying on your own.
🔨 Don't Be Like Shawn
Avoid working with shady realtors and save the 3% listing agent commission with Houzeo.com
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Pros and Cons of Ideal Agent
Using Ideal Realty’s services has a few advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a closer look at them:
✅Pros of Ideal Agent.com:
Here are some of the benefits of working with Ideal Agent:
- Top-Rated Partner Agents: Ideal Agent's referral network includes real estate agents from top brokerages like Keller Williams, Coldwell Banker, RE/MAX, etc. So you can expect excellent service and guidance when buying or selling your home.
- Dedicated Concierge Service: Ideal Agent's concierge consists of real estate agents. So they can give you expert guidance and solutions to the issues you may face.
- Nationwide Coverage: This real estate company matches home sellers and buyers with agents across the country.
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, North Dakota|
|South||Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Arkansas, District of Columbia|
|West||Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, Wyoming|
⛔ Cons of Ideal Agent.com:
Here are some of the risks you take when dealing with Ideal Agent:
- Inconsistent Agent Service Quality: Ideal Agent simply matches you with an agent. They do not guarantee the service quality of the agent you're matched with.
- Single Agent Matches Only: Unlike other Ideal Agent competitors, this company matches buyers and sellers with just one agent at a time. Further, you will have to spend time interviewing them before moving ahead with the contract.
- Small Partner Network: The Ideal Agent partner network consists of just 2,000 agents. So, you may not always be matched with an agent familiar with your locality.
- No Savings for Buyers: Ideal Agent doesn't offer any buyer rebate or savings for prospective buyers.
- Limited Savings for Sellers: Though sellers have to pay just a 2% listing commission, they also have to shell out a 2.5% commission for the buyer agent. So, you end up paying 4.5% in total.
- High Ideal Agent Fees: Ideal agent charges a 25% commission from a partner broker when they close a sale. This fee is taken from the commission you pay the broker. So, you're indirectly paying Ideal Agent thousands of dollars.
Alternatives to Ideal Agent Real Estate
We recommend three alternatives for Ideal Agents.com that offer better services at affordable rates:
- Houzeo: Houzeo is one of the best FSBO sites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, you have complete control over your listing and can access the most advanced technology for just $379.
- Redfin: Redfin is a discount real estate broker that offers to sell your home for a listing commission of 1.5% of the sale price. They serve 100+ real estate markets across 49 states.
- Traditional Brokerage: Traditional brokers charge a listing fee of 5% to 6% to sell your house. They provide support throughout the home-selling journey from list to close.
Other Options You Should Consider
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes available in the market. iBuyers can be a great option if you want to sell your house fast.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual companies that buy houses for cash make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
Is Ideal Agent Worth It?
No, we don't recommend Ideal Agent. While their partner agents are some of the best in the country, their network is too small. So, the agents may be stretched too thin to offer you their highest service quality.
Further, a 2% listing commission may further demotivate them from helping you sell your property. The absence of savings for buyers could be another black spot for this company.
Why let uncertainty in service quality affect your home sale price?
With Houzeo, you can sell your home on your own terms. You can list your property on the MLS, manage your showings, call for the highest and best offers, and even counter them. All of this only for $379.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ideal Agent
1. Does Ideal Agent provide more than one agent match option?
No, Ideal Agent only provides one agent match per listing. If you're unhappy with your match, you can walk away.
2. Are there alternatives to working with a full-service real estate agent?
Yes, there are several Ideal Agent alternatives you can opt for. The “For Sale By Owner” method gives more control over the sale and saves you thousands of dollars in exchange for a nominal flat fee. Some of the Flat Fee MLS companies you can rely on are Houzeo, FSBO.com, Homecoin, etc.
3. How does Ideal Agent make money?
Ideal Agent charges a 25% referral fee. The partner broker pays this fee from their commission after they have successfully closed a transaction. Since you pay the agent a 2% agent commission, you are indirectly paying Ideal Agent this 25% referral fee.
Related: ideal agent com reviews, idealagent, ideal agent com, idealagents.com reviews, idealagent com, idea agent reviews, idealestate reviews, idealagent com reviews, ideal real estate reviews, ideal agents near me, perfect agent reviews bbb, ideal agent commercial actors, idealestate complaints, idealestate review, idealagent.com reviews BBB, ideal agent near me, ideal.agent, ideal realtors, ideal agent phone number, ideal agent portal, ideal agent com, idealagent.com bbb, ideal agent reviews yelp, ideal real estate agent, ideal agent for agents, ideal agent .com, reviews ideal agent, review ideal agent, ideal agent lead generating reviews, reviews on ideal agent, reviews for ideal agent, ideal agents reviews, ideal agent realtor reviews, ideal agents real estate reviews, ideal agent scam, ideal agent locations