Selling your home with a low commission real estate agent is the ideal way to maximize your profits. This is exactly where our choice list of low commission realtors can help you and make your home-selling journey hassle-free.
Rankings: America’s Best Low Commission Real Estate Agents & Companies
|Low Commission Realtor / Company||Listing Fee||Max Savings||100% Online||5-star Reviews*||Broad Coverage||Mobile App|
|2. Redfin||1.5% |
|3. Ideal Agent||2% |
|4. HomeLight||2.5% |
|5. SimpleShowing||1% |
|6. Trelora||1.5% |
|10. Prevu||1.5% |
Reviews: 10 Best Low Commission Real Estate Agents & Companies
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Houzeo for Homesellers
- Affordable Flat Fee: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s technology is seller-centric, meaning that it is designed to simplify the complex process of listing a house. Houzeo is 100% online, which makes listing a home easy and quick.
- Virtual Full Service: Sellers can avail the services of a traditional real estate agent if they need help navigating through the selling process.
Houzeo for Homebuyers
- Connect directly with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, without having to go through a realtor.
- Hi-tech Tools: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits through the Houzeo mobile app.
- Buyer’s Rebate: Houzeo.com also offers buyer’s rebate. This rebate can then be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any low commission real estate company we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out why Houzeo.com is your best bet for maximizing your home equity.
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge)
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Mobile app availability
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Manage your showings online
- Review and compare offers
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
Why Redfin is #2: Redfin is one of the biggest low fee real estate brokerages, known primarily for its technological features. They have a great user interface with features like Redfin home search and a platform to provide full-service brokerage.
Redfin for Homesellers
- Packages: In addition to the “Full Service” Redfin package (1.5 percent listing commission), there is a “Concierge” plan with a 2 percent listing commission.
- Time to List: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, it takes almost 18 days to get a property listed on the MLS.
- Customer Reviews: Redfin Agents are infamous for not being able to give personalized service due to the huge volume of clients. Customers have often complained that the agents are never reachable, they misinform and are unprofessional.
Redfin for Homebuyers
- Buyer’s Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate as “Redfin Refund” in certain states. However, the buyer is eligible for the refund only if the commission exceeds 1% of the sale price or is more than $6,500.
- Affordability Calculator: With this tool, buyers can calculate their budget by adding information like annual household income, monthly debts, debt-to-income ratio, down payment, etc.
- Redfin Recommendations: Redfin makes the buying process simpler by recommending required stakeholders, such as money lenders and home inspectors. This streamlines the process and makes it hassle-free.
👉 Our Take: Redfin is a good option if you are looking for nationwide low commission real estate companies with ease of accessibility. Their agents also have the added pressure of handling multiple clients at a given time (partly due to their low commissions model), thus making their approach less personalized.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1.5% Fees, Pros, Alternatives
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Below average customer service
- Limited agent selection (according to negative Redfin reviews)
Redfin has an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets giving it a near-nationwide coverage.
3. Ideal Agent
Why Ideal Agent is #3: Ideal Agent helps sellers find quality low commission real estate agents. On average, a seller saves approximately $3,000 – $4,000 while listing with Ideal Agent.
Ideal Agent for Home Sellers
- Agent Matching: Home sellers are matched with one real estate agent, who then guides the seller through their journey. Agents are assigned from the top 1% agents who have closed deals in the seller’s locality.
- Profit Maximization: The agent with whom you’re matched will visit your home to identify the features of your house that stand out. By leveraging these features, the agent will help you in maximizing your sale profits.
- Dedicated Concierge: The real estate agent will also get professional photos taken of your home and help you in setting the list price. In addition to marketing your house, the agent will provide negotiation assistance and take care of closing coordination.
Ideal Agent for Homebuyers
- Home Search Feature: Ideal Agent has a home search feature, where home buyers can look for homes by location, home type, and price range.
- No Other Benefits: Since Ideal Agent is a seller-centric platform, it does not offer a lot of services for buyers. Buyers can hire an agent but you need to get in touch with their customer service to set up a call with the concierge. Post the formalities, the agent will then get in touch with you to understand your needs.
👉 Our Take: Ideal Agent is a good choice for home sellers. They set a high bar for recruiting agents, which means sellers get to work with the top-performing agents in their locality. However, with no significant services for buyers, the platform is not recommended if you’re planning to buy a house.
» Ideal Agent Reviews and Complaints: Everything You Need To Know
- Qualified agents
- No obligation to choose an agent
- Add-on services like professional photos and more
- Good customer service
- Marginal savings
- Single-agent match
- Inconsistent agent results
- No customer dashboard
- No buyer savings
Ideal Agent has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 on TrustPilot.
Ideal Agent is available nationwide.
HomeLight has a network of thousands of successful sellers, best real estate agents, and brokers. They help to create tailored guides and resources in the process of selling a house.
HomeLight for Home Sellers
- Free Agent Matching: The agent matching services at HomeLight are free for home sellers. HomeLight furnishes details of the best real estate agents in your selected neighborhood for both full and limited service plans. Depending on the agent, the traditional 5%-6% commission still applies.
- Off-market restriction: Registering on HomeLight will get you offers from agents instantly. Although the process is fast, only homes that are off-market are allowed.
- Estimators and Calculators: HomeLight offers Home Value Estimator, Best Time to Sell Calculator, Agent Commissions Calculator, and Net Proceeds Calculator to home sellers.
HomeLight for Home Buyers
- Free Agent Matching: HomeLight also offers agent-matching services to home buyers. They connect you with local agents, who are excellent negotiators and have the know-how to get you the best possible offer.
- Home Search Feature: Buyers can search for homes by city, zip code or address.
- Estimators: Homelight also offers estimators like Home Affordability Calculator, Down Payment Calculator, and Closing Costs Calculator for home buyers.
👉 Our Take: HomeLight offers decent agent-matching services. However, you may be matched with a listing agent who charges 3% commission, meaning zero savings for you. HomeLight doesn’t do much for sellers looking to save on real estate agent commissions.
» HomeLight Reviews: The Truth You NEED To Know
- Good technology
- Good agent coverage
- Digital listing packages
- Average listing speed based on agent selection
- No savings on agent commission
- Inconsistent agent quality
On Sitejabber, HomeLight has an overall consumer rating of 4.45 out of 5.
HomeLight has coverage in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Sarasota, and Seattle, among other major U.S. cities.
SimpleShowing, like any other low cost real estate broker, matches sellers with a real estate agents.
SimpleShowing for Home Sellers
- Agent matching: The hi-tech brokerage matches sellers with local Realtors and charges a 1% listing fee instead of the traditional 3%. The company works on the model of minimum listing agents. This may be a benefit for the firm but it surely is a compromise on quality.
- Self-Tour Lockbox: For an additional $995, SimpleShowing offers the Self-Tour Lockbox which lets verified buyers tour your property without a buyer’s agent. With an unrepresented buyer, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
- Additional Services: With SimpleShowing you get access to various services like listing on MLS, professional photographer, home valuation, and much more.
SimpleShowing for Home Buyers
- In-person Support: From recommending suitable properties to writing up a contract and carrying out negotiations, SimpleShowing offers all the services that a traditional agent does.
- Mobile App: Buyers can schedule showings on their mobile app.
- Buyer Refund: If you hire SimpleShowing as your buyer agent, you will get half of the buyer agent’s commission as closing cost credit. This reduces the amount that you are expected to pay at closing.
👉 Our Take: SimpleShowing is not at all a cost-effective low commission real estate brokerage. Its services don’t stand out and the additional charges for a premium lockbox increase the seller’s cost instead of decreasing it. As for the buyers, the company prefers working with the ones that are close to purchasing, which means they don’t have a lot to offer to buyers who have just started house hunting.
» Flat Fee MLS: Sell your house with a Flat Fee MLS company instead!
- Qualified agents
- Add-on features in place
- Mobile App
- Marginal savings
- Compromise on quality because of less number of agents
- Average customer support
- Limited coverage
SimpleShowing has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Google.
SimpleShowing offers its services in the following areas:
Florida: Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale
Texas: Dallas, Fort Worth
Georgia: Atlanta, Savannah
Founded in 2011, Trelora has quickly risen to the ranks to become a well-regarded low commission real estate brokerage. The firm has built a reputation for upfront service and zero hidden costs.
Trelora for Home Sellers
- Listing Commission: Trelora offers two listing packages. The first one, Trelora EasySell, is Trelora’s mobile app through which sellers can get virtual full service for a flat fee of $2,500. The second one offers in-person full service for a commission of 1.5% of the listing price.
- Multiple Agents: Trelora saves on its operating costs by giving its agents 20 times more clients than a traditional Realtor handles. Various low-cost real estate agents help the seller at different stages. This leads to degraded customer service quality.
- Technology: Their proprietary software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and simple, though not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
Trelora for Home Buyers
- Buyer’s Refund: Working with Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $3,000.
- No Upfront Costs: Buyers do not have to pay Trelora any upfront fee.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend Trelora to most home sellers and buyers. It operates with a small team that handles over 20x more clients than a traditional real estate agent. This can lead to a less personalized experience and miscommunication.
» Trelora Reviews: Here is everything you need to know about Trelora.
- Good add-on features
- Commission rebate for buyers
- Average service due to low number of agents
- Minimal savings
- Restricted coverage
- Poor customer support
- Average technology
Trelora has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 on Yelp.
Trelora covers only Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington.
Homie is a low commission real estate broker that offers flat listing fees for sellers and commission rebates for buyers.
Homie for Home Sellers
- Flat Rate: Flat fee listing of $3,500. This may be significant for low-value homes.
- Agent Support: Homie agents are salaried employees, making them available to offer all the support the seller may need. However, they do not provide in-person support and visits. This means that the seller may not receive the personalized advice they may be looking for.
- Homie-to-Homie: Depending on the state, the seller can eliminate the buyer agent commission if they sell to a Homie buyer.
Homie for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: Homie offers a rebate of 1%-1.5%, which the buyer can direct towards the closing costs. However, this is only applicable for homes purchased from non-Homie buyers where the seller pays the buyer agent fee.
- Homie Cash™: This feature allows buyers to make an all-cash offer, increasing their chances of offer acceptance. It also puts the buyer in a better position against iBuyer companies. However, the Homie Cash™ has a loan program fee of 1%.
👉 Our Take: With a limited number of agents, Homie may not be able to provide due attention to all its clients. Moreover, there may be a lack of personal touch as they do not conduct site visits.
» Homie Reviews: Reviews, Alternatives, and Everything You Need to Know
- Decent listing fee
- Good agents
- Rebate for buyers
- Compromise on quality due to lesser number of agents
- Remote agent support
- Limited coverage
- Low quality customer support
- Poor technology
Homie is rated an average of 4.3 out of 5 on Google.
Homie covers only Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, and Utah.
Houwzer is a low commission real estate brokerage based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They are a certified B Corporation, meaning they are an organization that is committed to solving social and environmental problems.
Houwzer for Home Sellers
- Flat rate: Houwzer charges a $5,000 flat fee. This low commission Realtor is ideal for homes with a value above $1M.
- Buy & Sell Bundle: Sellers who opt to purchase a property along with selling their house with Houwzer get a transferable refund of $2,500 on the $5,000 flat fee.
- Convenience Offer: Sellers opting for Houwzer’s Convenience Offer will receive a cash offer from them. This will not only get them better offers from other prospective buyers, but also pre-qualify them for a mortgage on their home purchase.
Houwzer for Home Buyers
- Buyside® platform: Houwzer’s Buyside® platform allows buyers to view listings before they go live on the market.
- Cash Advantage: Houwzer empowers buyers to make a cash offer on a house using Houwzer’s funds. The buyers should be pre-approved by Houwzer Mortgage to avail the cash advantage option.
- Houwzer Rebate: Buyers who purchase a property from Houwzer and later sell their old property with Houwzer are eligible for the Houwzer Rebate, reducing their listing fee from $5,000 to $2,500.
👉 Our Take: If you’re looking for a low commission real estate brokerage that’s easy on the wallet for high-valued properties, Houwzer is a good option for you.
» Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out other low cost real estate brokerages before making your decision.
- Low listing fee for high value homes
- Good listing speed
- Versatile add-on features
- $2,500 rebate when the property is sold and bought from the platform
- Not ideal for low priced homes
- Degraded customer service quality due to high customer volume
- No personalized support
- Limited coverage
- Average technology
Houwzer is rated an average of 4 out of 5 on Yelp.
Houwzer covers only Florida, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.
Redefy is a full service real estate brokerage that aims to make the real estate process cost-effective and transparent for home sellers and buyers.
Redefy for Home Sellers
- Listing Fee: Redefy charges a flat rate of $3,500. When a house is sold for more than $1 million, the platform gets more expensive. In this case, the listing fee is 1% of the total sale price.
- Seller Assistance: The company does provide in-house support which helps sellers with accurate pricing and other features like staging the home, etc.
- Inconsistent agent quality: Redefy works on a team-based model rather than a one-agent policy. It is where limited agents cater to a large volume of customers. This poses a risk to service quality.
Redefy for Home Buyers
- Agent Support: Buyers opting to purchase with Redefy are guided by agents throughout the process. Right from recommending relevant properties to negotiating and closing, the Redefy agents will do it all.
- Home Search Feature: Buyers looking for houses on Redefy’s website can browse by city, county or subdivision. By using advanced filters like Price, Property Type and Property Features, buyers can easily look for suitable houses.
- Buying a New Build: If you don’t find the right house for yourself from the listed properties, Redefy also offers the option to buy a newly built house.
- Mortgage Calculator: Redefy’s Mortgage Calculator allows you to estimate your overall mortgage, inclusive of insurance and taxes.
👉 Our Take: Redefy also works on the multiple agent model, meaning that they have a field agent who meets with the client and an in-house agent who takes care of customer service. Since there is no single point of contact, the quality of service is severely affected.
» How To List on MLS: See how you can list on the MLS without a Realtor.
- Decent listing fee for low-value homes
- In-house support
- Average customer service quality due to high customer volume
- Limited coverage
- A non-refundable deposit of $500
Redefy is rated 4.5 out of 5 on Yelp.
Redefy covers only Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
Prevu is a full-service low commission brokerage based in New York that aims to change the old-school ways of the real estate market.
Prevu for Home Sellers
- Listing Fee: Prevu charges a lower commission of 1.5% of the sale price for selling a house.
- Package Features: Prevu’s 1.5% full-service package includes various features like home valuation, 3D virtual tours, open houses, professional photographs, listing on MLS, and social ad campaigns.
- Closing Costs Calculator: Sellers in NYC can get an estimate of their closing costs by using Prevu’s Closing Costs Calculator.
Prevu for Home Buyers
- Smart Buyer Platform: Prevu’s technology allows buyers to search for homes, communicate with their agents online, schedule showings, and make an offer.
- Smart Buyer Commission Rebate: Buyers who purchase a house with Prevu get two-thirds of the commission that Prevu receives from the seller.
- Mortgage Calculator & Closing Costs Calculator: Prevu’s Mortgage Calculator allows buyers to get an estimate of their monthly mortgage payments. The Closing Costs Calculator is only available for buyers in NYC.
👉 Our Take: Though Prevu’s listing price is lesser than traditional realtor commission, it is still higher than other low commission real estate companies.
» Prevu Reviews: Check out Prevu’s Pros, Cons, Reviews and more.
- Qualified agents
- Buyer rebate
- The listing fee can be variable as per the location, which means limited savings
- Inconsistent and limited agent matching
- Compromise on quality because of less number of agents
- Limited coverage
Prevu has an average rating of 5 out of 5 on Google.
Prevu is available in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, California, Pennsylvania, and Washington.
What are Low Commission Real Estate Agents?
Low commission real estate agents are the ones who provide the same services as a traditional real estate agent, but at a commission lower than 3%.
A traditional full-service listing agent in the United States charges the seller a 3% commission. However, a low commission real estate agent may charge anywhere between 1%-2%.
How Do I Choose a Low Commission Real Estate Agent?
Choosing Low Commission Real Estate Agents
- Look for listing agents charging a commission less than 2%
- Companies having cutting-edge technology
- Convenience of a mobile app
- Excellent customer reviews
- Optional online paperwork
- Interview agents and convey your requirement
- Compare the agents based on commission percentage and services provided
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals
Find the Best Low Commission Realtors Near Me
Select your state or city below:
Types of Low Commission Real Estate Agents
Real estate agents with low commission are divided according to their levels of service offered.
1. Flat Fee Real Estate Brokers
A flat fee real estate broker lists your house on the MLS for a flat fee. The most important tool for any home seller or any great agent is the MLS.
You can list your home on the local MLS with a flat fee realtor or broker (no commission realtor). Your listing will then be syndicated to 100+ real estate websites, including Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and others.
Typically, the seller is responsible for marketing, contract management, offer negotiations, and and closing. It is a fantastic option if you have the necessary skills and time.
Flat Fee Realtors don’t normally have the advanced technology to offer 100% online transaction management. The manual process can delay the sale of your home. However, Houzeo.com, a 100% online Flat Fee MLS listing service, has affiliations with Flat Fee MLS real estate agents who will provide you full virtual assistance and even guide you through closing.
2. Virtual Full-Service Agents
They offer all the services as a traditional real estate agent, 100% online. The low-fee realtor here provides the same services online as a full-price real estate agent, BUT at a lower cost.
Although there will be no personal visits, the rest of the services, such as offer contract preparation, price negotiation, and showing time, will all be provided at no additional cost.
Based in Miami, Florida, Beycome is a technologically-advanced virtual full-service real estate company. It makes it easy for home sellers to list their home on the MLS and provide virtual full-service packages as well.
Virtual Full-Service Agents are excellent for sellers who prefer an entirely paperless transaction.
3. Flat Rate Low Commission Agents
You can choose a low commission (flat-rate) agent in some markets. Flat rate or commission-free real estate is where the agent will sell your home for a flat fee of $3,000-$6,000. There is no percentage listing commission in this case. Everything is set as a flat rate.
The flat rate is usually determined by the home’s value and the services provided by the agent.
Homie is one of the best examples of a low commission real estate broker with a flat rate listing of $3,500. Homie provides fewer services than a full-service real estate agent, which allows it to offset the lower rates it charges easily.
- 💡 Consider the following scenario: The list price is $450,000. A flat-rate model means that even if you agree to sell your home for a lower price, the flat rate you pay to the agent remains the same regardless of the outcome. This is due to the fact that it is a flat rate that is not dependent on the sale price of the home.
It is important to learn about the level of services of a flat rate broker beforehand. Some companies might claim to be full service but would charge you extra for consultation, photography, or a yard sign. The fine print of any contract with a flat rate agent must be carefully read.
Also, keep in mind that even if you go with a flat rate agent, you will still be responsible for paying a competitive buyer agent commission.
4. Discounted Commission Full-Service Real Estate Agents
Full-service discount brokers offer a lot of the same services as traditional realtors for a low listing fee or a flat rate, but they don’t charge as much. They give home sellers money back in the form of a discount on their commissions.
» Discount Real Estate Brokers: America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in 2022
How Much Can I Save With a Low Cost Realtor?
For Example: If a full-service low commission brand charges 1.5 percent of the sale price instead of the standard 2.5 percent of the sale price on a house that costs $450,000, you will save $4,500 in commissions.
🏡 Don’t Compromise on Your Home Sale
With Houzeo, you can get better services at an affordable price!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Are Low Commission Real Estate Agents Reputable?
Yes, low commission real estate agents are reputable. These low fee agents are traditional realtors who offers their services at a lower cost. As real estate agents, they have to complete licensing and training requirements. Additionally, if they’re traditional or cheap Realtors, adherence to the NAR Code of Ethics is an absolute must.
What is the Average Real Estate Commission?
The average real estate agent commission is 3% of the sale price, but it ranges between 2.5%-3%. This is applicable to both, the listing agent and buyer agent. So, the standard commission rate across the country is between 5 and 6 percent.
💰 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Find out the truth about Realtor Commissions in the US!
How Do Low Commission Real Estate Companies Save Money?
Low commission real estate companies work by negotiating with pre-defined no-fee Realtors. These Realtors usually handle multiple sellers at the same time. This recovers the seller’s commission difference.
Platforms like Houzeo.com onboards Realtors who serve the sellers at lower market rates than traditional agent commissions.
Other full-service traditional brokerages like Keller Williams and Berkshire Hathaway have agents that work in-house for them and are exclusively hired. Also, such brokerages have a streamlined sale process due to which they can save even after providing low commission services.
Pros of Low Cost Realtors
# Better Technology
Low cost Realtors rely on technology to deal with the volume of clients that they handle. Thus, selling your property online with a flat rate real estate agent will not only save you money as well as time.
Houwzer and Redfin both have technologically advanced platforms that allow you to schedule showings online and upload virtual home tours along with other high-end marketing services at no additional charge.
# Streamlined Process
A streamlined process is one of the benefits of working with a low-commission real estate broker. The traditional process of selling a house can take weeks and involves a lot of work.
Realtors with low commission are more productive and cost-efficient because they focus on selling properties quickly and generally define what they provide as part of different packages.
# DIY Process
Is there anyone who knows your home better than you? You have complete control over your listing description, how you handle showings, and whether or not you hold open houses.
» FSBO vs. Real Estate Agents: Check out how selling your home yourself compares to selling with a real estate broker.
Risk of Low Cost Realtors and Real Estate Agents
# Selling At a Lower Price
If you hire a low cost Realtor that provides virtual service, then they won’t be present at the time of closing. With no one to help you negotiate, you may not get your asking price. Additionally, the buyer will have the tactical advantage of their agent negotiating and getting them the best deal.
# Bad Home Selling Experience
Low commission agents cater to a large volume of clients as they compromise on their commission rate. You could be at a disadvantage as your agent might not be able to assist you beyond certain basic services. Since your property won’t get personalized services, your overall home-selling experience could be bad.
# Dual Agency Issues
Dual agency is where a real estate agent acts as both a seller’s and buyer’s representative. The incentive to double-end the deal increases when the agent is making so little money from the sale in the first place.
For Example: To sell your $400,000 home with an agent who charges 1.5 percent, you’d pay $6,000 to the agent. But if they also work for the buyer, they’ll get the buyer’s commission of 2.5% to 3.0% and could make up to $16,000 in commission if the deal goes through.
# Your Sale May Not Happen
The low commission agent’s work doesn’t end after the contract is signed. Since low cost real estate agents work with multiple clients at once, it might be difficult to get in touch with them once the deal is done. Also, it wouldn’t be a problem for the agent if one deal falls through. However, for you, it would mean starting the process all over again.
» Market your home: 18 Creative Ways to Market a House For Sale
Alternatives to Low Commission Real Estate Agents
1. For Sale by Owner
You can sell your house for sale by owner or ‘FSBO’. This way you get to save on 100% of the listing agent’s commission. However, with an FSBO home sale, you will have to do all the work yourself, right from an MLS listing and marketing to disclosures, paperwork and closing.
Selling a house without a real estate agent might help you save the standard 3% commission, but this might not be the right option for you if you are an inexperienced seller.
You might want to try some of the following methods to market your home:
|Craigslist||It is a free classified ad website that offers a variety of services such as housing, jobs, items, community, gigs, discussion boards, and more to its users. It is completely free to list a home on the website. You will, however, be required to list the house in each individual state and region, which can be time-consuming if you are attempting to reach a large number of people at one time.|
|Zillow, Trulia||Here you will find a leading online real estate marketplace where buyers and agents can list their properties.|
|Facebook Marketplace is a good place to start looking when selling a home in a specific region.|
» Sell Your Home Fast As An FSBO: Check out the tips and tricks to sell your home fast as an FSBO.
2. Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions, but also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
💰 Houzeo.com is the most technologically advanced Flat Fee MLS platform in the US!
- 💵 MLS listing for a Flat Fee
- 📱 Cutting-edge Technology
- ⚡ Quick and easy listing on MLS Platform
- 📣 Maximum Exposure
- ⭐ 5-Star Customer Support
- 💰 Save Thousands on Commission
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you.
3. Sell to Cash Companies like “We Buy Houses”
Cash companies buy your property below market value, flip it, and sell it at a profit. If you’re planning for a quick sale, then cash companies are the way to go. You’ll be able to sell your property in under a month.
These companies usually buy properties in poor condition or those that are about to go into foreclosure. However, for selling your house as is to these companies, you will be charged a service fee.
We Buy Houses For Cash Companies: America’s 13 Best Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in 2022
iBuyers are instant buyers who have created a level-playing field with full cash offers and technologically advanced platforms. You get a reasonably fair cash offer instantly, and you can close within a matter of a few days. In essence, you can sell your house fast with iBuyers.
5. Traditional Real Estate Agents
A traditional real estate agent will do everything from listing and marketing your property, hosting open houses, to negotiating and helping you close. In exchange for their commission, they provide a comprehensive range of services to make the sale process simpler.
» Top Real Estate Agents: America’s 10 Top Real Estate Agents You NEED to Know!
Among the lowest commission real estate agents/companies, you would want to go with a Realtor that provides maximum services at a minimal price. The lowest real estate commission agents are built exactly for that.
Although the traditional real estate commissions are declining, real estate agents with low commission are the way to go. However, if you’re unsure about the quality of services that you may get, then you should consider selling your house with a Flat Fee MLS company like Houzeo.com and save on commissions altogether.
Houzeo.com gives you that flexibility and provides exclusive features that no other low commission realtor or company provides. It is 100% online and digitized to smoothen the home selling process. Also, Houzeo is considered to be the best Flat Fee MLS and FSBO provider in the US market.
» Houzeo Reviews: Is $349 Flat Fee Worth It?
Frequently Asked Questions About Lowest Commission Real Estate
1. What is a Low Commission Real Estate Agent?
A low commission real estate broker is someone who works at a rate lower than typical Realtor commission. Different low commission real estate companies provide different services based on defined packages and strategy. This affects the selling process at various levels.
2. How Can I Find Low Commission Real Estate Agents Near Me?
Not all the low commission real estate agents and companies have the same coverage. So pick those with nationwide coverage or extensive local coverage to get the best commission deal.
3. Should You Really Go With Low Commission Realtors?
You can certainly go with low commission Realtors as they offer services at a rate lower than traditional real estate agents. Some of the low commission real estate agents or companies like Houzeo and Ideal Agent provide ample services at reduced rates thereby making them a top choice for sellers.
4. Which Company Has the Best and Cheapest Real Estate Commission Fees?
There are multiple low commission real estate agents and companies out there that provide good services. Low commission real estate companies like Houzeo, Redfin, and Ideal Agent top the charts. Low cost Realtors like Houwzer can be a good bet for high valued homes. Also, a good low commission real estate brokerage may not be available in all the states thus making it difficult to go with a single Realtor.
5. What is The Average Real Estate Commission?
The average real estate commission oscillates between 4.5% to 6% of the home's sale price. Read more to find out the real estate commission breakdown
6. How Much Can I Save When Opting For a Low Commission Broker?
The savings as part of the low cost realtor comes from the discounted listing fee. However, you will still have to pay a competitive buyer agent commission to increase home sale chances. For a home valued at $250,000, you can save $5,000 at 1% commission and $2,500 at 2% commission.
7. How Can a Seller Save on Commission Apart From Opting for Low Commission Realtors?
The sellers can save money by opting for either 1) Discount Real Estate Brokers, 2) For Sale By Owner (FSBO), 3) Negotiations with the Realtor, 4) iBuyer, or 5) We buy cash companies.
8. How Can You Get Low Commission Rate?
As a seller, you can get low commission rates by either negotiating the rate with the seller agent or opting for a low commission real estate brokerage.
9. Are Real Estate Fees or Commission Negotiable?
Real estate commissions are negotiable and legal. With increasing competition and better alternatives, real estate agents are willing to lower their commission and provide concessions to the home seller. The Department of Justice promotes active competition between the real estate agents by giving consumer rebates and compromised commissions.
10. What is the Lowest Commission a Realtor Will Take?
A typical realtor commission oscillates between 5% and 6% of the final sale price. However low commission realtors charge listing fees of 1% to 2% or an upfront flat fee.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
Related: cheapest commission broker, low percentage realtors, best low commission broker, reduced commission real estate, low fee real estate brokerage firm, affordable realtors near me, traditional brokerage, sell home no commission, cheap estate agency, agency for selling houses, small real estate companies near me, low fee real estate brokers, low cost real estate brokers, low commission realtors near me, non realtor brokers near me, real commissions, real estate agent rates, real estate brokerage fees comparison, real estate commission comparison, real estate companies with no desk fees, real estate fee, realtor 2 percent commission, realtor rates near me, cheap real estate agents, low real estate commission, no fee real estate brokerage, best commission real estate, cheapest realtors, house-selling websites , selling a house by owner,
Related: remax commission, Closing costs, Buyer closing costs, real estate agents low commission, real estate agents with low commission, cheap realtors, cheap realtors near me, low fee realtors, lowest realtor fees, realtors with lowest commission, what is the lowest a realtor can charge, reduced commission realtors, low fee real estate agents, which real estate agent has lowest commission, cheap realtor fees, Home inspector, low rate realtors, what real estate company has the lowest commission, low cost real estate listing, what realtor charges the lowest commission, cheapest realtor fees, low commission home sales, lowest commission real estate broker, low commission brokers, no commission real estate broker, low cost realtors near me, real estate brokerage with lowest fees, 4.5 percent real estate commission, lowest real estate commission, low commission realtor near me, low cost real estate agents, realtor commissions near me, best low commission realtor, for sale by owner contract, low commission realtor near me,