Home prices in New Jersey have increased by 15.8% in the last year. Selling or buying homes is steadily becoming a costlier affair, but with that, the demand is on a steep rise as well. In this list, we’ll cover the top New Jersey real estate agents who will make your job easier.
This list is compiled based on services these agents provide, tech features, online reviews, and reliability.
» Jump To:
- At A Glance: Top 10 Real Estate Agents In New Jersey
- Facts About New Jersey Real Estate Market
- What Is The Average Real Estate Commission In New Jersey?
- Reviews: Top 10 Real Estate Agents NJ
- What Is A Real Estate Agent?
- Difference Between A Broker, REALTOR®, & Real Estate Agent
- How To Choose A Real Estate Agent In New Jersey?
- Types Of Licensed Real Estate Agents
- Final Word
At A Glance: Top 10 Real Estate Agents In New Jersey
|Top Real Estate Agent NJ||Best For||More Than 10 Years Of Experience||More Than 50 Sales In Past 12 Months||5 Star Ratings|
|Ronnie Glomb||✔️ Sellers looking for maximum savings|
✔️ Sellers looking for Stellar Customer Reviews
✔️ Sellers looking for Fast Listing Changes
✔️ Sellers looking for Cutting-edge Technology
|Frank D. Isoldi||✔️ Listing your property on the MLS||✅||✅||✅|
|Cynthia Baker||✔️ People looking to relocate||✅||✅||✅|
|Diane Cookson||✔️ Negotiation on properties & short sales||✅||❌||✅|
|Ellen Gonik||✔️ Selling residential real estate property||✅||✅||✅|
|Sheldon Neal||✔️ Best for tech support||✅||✅||✅|
|Kathleen Courter||✔️ Waterfront & vacation properties||✅||❌||✅|
|Jeffrey Childers||✔️ Marketing your property uniquely||✅||❌||✅|
|Joshua Baris||✔️ Selling & buying luxury properties||✅||❌||✅|
|Johnny Rojas||✔️ Foreclosed properties or short sales||✅||❌||✅|
Facts About New Jersey Real Estate Market
|🔢 No. of homes for sale in New Jersey||> 13,600 listings on an average (per month)|
|🏡 Average home value||$446,566|
|💰 % of homes sold above listing price||55.3%|
|📌 % of homes sold FSBO||7%|
What Is The Average Real Estate Commission In New Jersey?
The average real estate agent commission in New Jersey is about 5 to 6% of the selling price. It varies according to the region, type of property being sold as well as the representative agent. It is the usually the responsibility of seller to pay both the listing and buyer agent commission.
- 💡Note: The 6% commission is split equally between the two Real Estate Agents who represent the buyer and seller. The commission checks are made payable to the real estate brokerage where the Agents work. The brokerage will take a percentage of each check and pay the Realtor for the sale of the home.
As a buyer, you need not worry about these commissions but simply the closing costs. Some agents and companies even offer buyer rebates. Let’s break it down further:
|Listing Agent||2% to 3%|
|Buyer Agent||2.5% to 3%|
|Total||4.5% - 6%|
💸 Skip Paying 6% Agent Commission
Save the entire Listing Agent commission by selling on Houzeo’s high-tech website.
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Top 10 Real Estate Agents NJ
1] Ronnie Glomb
- 22 Years of experience
- He’s been the #1 Agent for 6 consecutive years in his region of New Jersey
- He has been accredited as NAR’s e-PRO, dedicated to the real estate agents who make the most of today’s technological advancement to enhance the real estate field.
- Glomb has been accredited with Short Sales & Foreclosures Resource on Realtor.com, which is dedicated to REALTORS® who are highly acquainted with the complexities of short sales and foreclosures, helping their clients with it.
- Due to his technological skill and professional expertise in creating accurate price opinions on properties, he has been awarded the Broker Price Opinion Resource credential.
- Ronnie Glomb has earned the Commitment to Excellence Endorsement (C2EX), which measures 10 aspects of professionalism, from customer service to use of technology. Such REALTORS® are committed to achieving the highest level of professionalism in the business, making them the best of the best REALTORS® among all the others.
- Cedar Knolls
- Convent Station
- East Hanover
- Florham Park
- Mine Hill
- Mountain Lakes
- Short Hills
- West Orange
2] Frank Isoldi
Frank D. Isoldi
💰 Sales volume: $64 million
🧑💼 About: Having more than almost 30 years of experience in the field, Frank Isoldi is considered one of the experts in New Jersey real estate. He was born and raised in the state itself, giving him a leverage over the local nitty-gritties concerning real estate. Most of his client testimonials on Zillow praise his expertise, dedicated service and reliability.
🤝 Affiliations: Frank Isoldi is affiliated with Coldwell Banker Realty and has a personal website as well.
Coldwell Banker Realty
- Coldwell Banker’s President’s Council
- One of the top 250 agents in the USA according to WSJ’s Realtrends
- Winner of the NJAR® Circle of Excellence Sales Award – Platinum Level consecutively from 2003-2018
- NJ Magazine’s 5 star professional since 2011-2018
Frank D. Isoldi has 5 star ratings on Zillow.
- Scotch Plains
3] Cynthia Baker
💰 Sales Volume: $73 million
🧑💼 About: With more than 31 years of experience as a real estate agent, Cynthia Baker is very well known in Summit, New Jersey. According to Lois Schneider Realtor, the agency she’s affiliated with, Cynthia is the #1 real estate agent in Summit. She has made more than $574 million in sales production. according to Zillow, she has more than 470 listings, most of which are already sold.
Lois Schneider Realtor
🏡 About: Lois Schneider Realtor has been in the real estate market for more than 45 years, producing the top agents in areas of Summit, New Providence, Berkeley Heights, Chatham, Madison, Millburn, and Short Hills, Maplewood, Harding Township, and more in New Jersey. Collectively, the agents have made $7 billion in sales.
- Ranked #1 real estate agent of summit since 2015-2021
- #1 REALTOR® at Lois Schneider Realtor consecutively for 10 years since 2011-2021
- Ranked #5 on RealTrends for real estate agents across US by sales volume.
- Ranks in top 0.5% of NJAR REALTORS® from 2015-2021
Cynthia Baker has 5 star ratings on Zillow.
- Deerfield Beach
4] Diane Cookson
💰 Sales Volume: $67 million
🧑💼 About: Diane Cookson is a REALTOR® with more than 10 years of experience. According to Zillow, she has made more than 180 listings and sold almost all of these properties. According to Realtrends, she also ranked #8 among all the US real estate agents in terms of sales volume in 2021. Diane is a well-known real estate agent in New Jersey which is seen from the customer reviews left on Zillow. Diane Cookson also has a personal website where you can find her featured listings and contact information.
🤝 Affiliations: Diane Cookson is affiliated with Compass, one of the USA’s top real estate corporations.
- Winner of NJAR® Circle of Excellence Platinum Award from 2018-2021
- Ranks among top 1% America’s best real estate agents according to WSJ’s Realtrends.
- #1 Agent in Upper Saddle River in volume & sales from 2018-2021
Diane Cookson has 5 star ratings on Zillow.
- Saddle River
5] Ellen Gonik
💰 Sales Volume: $64 million
🧑💼 About: Ellen Gonik works as a REALTOR® from Livingston, New Jersey. She is affiliated with Coldwell Banker Realty, a real estate brokerage. She has an experience of 14 years in the field. Ellen Gonik is known for being very professional and understanding, which is proven from all the positive reviews she has on Zillow. She proudly boasts about all the 5-star ratings and zero negative reviews, thanks to her experience. According to Zillow, she has completed 520 sales.
Coldwell Banker Realty:
- She has been named as Seniors Real Estate Specialist on Realtor. co, which is a credential given to someone with deep knowledge of reverse mortgages, real estate planning, and educated on all aspects of 50+ buying & selling.
- She’s a part of the top 1% of all Coldwell Banker Agents worldwide.
- She is also the Best of Zillow 5 Star Premium Agent.
Ellen Gonik has 5 star ratings on Zillow.
- Short Hills
- West Orange
6] Sheldon Neal
💰 Sales Volume: $53 million
🧑💼 About: Sheldon Neal is one of the most referred agents in New Jersey, who has more than 900 listings on Zillow, most of which have already been sold. He is an expert in making short sales as well as marketing distressed properties for sale. He is also known for getting the best deals for his customers, sometimes even more than the asking price according to several customer testimonials. Sheldon Neal is affiliated with RE/MAX Real Estate Limited.
- Winner of Platinum NJAR® Circle of Excellence Award 8 years in a row (2013-2021).
- Comes in the top 1% of all REALTORS® in New Jersey
- Sheldon Neal has been accredited as NAR’s e-PRO® which is for real estate agents who are making the most of today’s technology for advancing the real estate needs.
Sheldon Neal has 5 star rating on Zillow.
- Fair Lawn
- Fort Lee
- Franklin Lakes
- Glen Rock
- Hasbrouck Heights
- New Milford
- Ridgefield Park
- Rochelle Park
- Saddle Brook
- Township Of Washington
7] Kathleen Courter
💰 Sales Volume: $54 million
🧑💼 About: With more than 25 years of experience, Kathleen Courter is one of the most well known real estate agents in New Jersey. She has multiple 5 star reviews online that praise her professionalism, service and knowledge about real estate market. Kathleen Courter is affiliated with RE/MAX.
- Ranks within the top 1% agents in RE/MAX consecutively since 2006
- Ranked #2 Real Estate Agent for RE/MAX New Jersey in 2020
Kathleen Courter has 4.8 stars out of 5 on Zillow.
- Budd Lake
- Lake Hopatcong
- Long Valley
- Mount Arlington
8] Jeffrey Childers
💰 Sales volume: $59 million
🧑💼 About: Jeffrey Childers is a REALTOR in New Jersey, mainly working in Jersey shore area. He’s skilled with technology paired with handling customers, making him a very efficient real estate agent. Several customers who have left reviews for him praise his easy going nature and deep knowledge about the market as well as the area in which he serves. With more than 14 years of experience, Jeffrey M. Childers is associated with Sotheby’s International Realty.
Sotheby’s International Realty
Sotheby’s International Realty is a real estate company to brings the highest level of services and technology to home sellers and buyers. It works with experienced agents to assist the customers in having an expected real-estate experience. The company organizes innovative programs with excellent tools and management to make the real estate moves of customers easy.
- Member of the NJAR® Circle of Excellence
- Winner of NJAR Circle of Excellence Platinum Award consecutively from 2012-2021
- Ranked among top 30 real estate agents on WSJ’s Real Trends for total sales volume from 2016-2021
Jeffrey Childers has 5 star ratings on Zillow.
- Normandy Beach
- Point Pleasant B
9] Joshua Baris
💰 Sales volume: $57 million
🧑💼 About: Joshua Baris has been a REALTOR® for almost 20 years and mainly deals in luxury properties. He is well versed with the current market as well as ongoing social media trends, and frequently uses this to get his clients maximum exposure. he has multiple 5 star reviews on Zillow, most of them commenting on his precision, expertise and the ability to get things done quickly. He has a star clientele consisting of entertainers like Sean P. Diddy Combs, Kevin Jonas, etc. He is quite a popular personality on television as well, having appeared on several shows on CBS, NBC & E! Network. He is also interviewed from time to time by publications like NY Post, Daily News & the Real Deal New York City Real Estate News. Joshua Baris is affiliated with Coldwell Banker Realty.
Coldwell Banker Realty
- Ranks among the top 1% real estate agents in NJ
- Ranks among the top 20 real estate agents in the Real Trends charts for sales volume in 2021
- Named as FIVE STAR agent for 8 consecutive years in New Jersey Monthly Magazine for NJ top real estate agents
- Awarded NJAR Circle of Excellence Platinum award from 2015-2018
Joshua Baris has 4.9 out of 5 stars rating on Zillow.
- Cliffside Park
- Englewood Cliffs
- Fort Lee
- Franklin Lakes
- River Edge
- Saddle River
- Township Of Washington
- Woodcliff Lake
10] Johnny Rojas
💰 Sales volume: $71 million
🧑💼 About: Johnny Rojas is a real estate agent, serving in Garfield, New Jersey, and surrounding areas. Ranking among the top 10 producing real estate agents in the entire US, he is also the lead agent for Century 21 JR Gold Team Realty, one of the fastest-growing real estate brokerages in Bergen County, NJ.
Century 21 JR Gold Team Realty
🏡 About: Century 21 JR Gold Team is a full-service brokerage. The brokerage deals in commercial as well as residential properties, which is led by Johnny Rojas. The team has been named a Centurion Office Award Producer since 2007 up till 2020.
- Ranked #4 by NAHREP as top Latino Real Estate Agent in the United States
- Winner of NJAR Circle of Excellence Award
Johnny Rojas has 5 star ratings on Google reviews.
- Elmwood Park
- Park Ridge
- Ridgefield Park
- River Edge
What is a Real Estate Agent?
A real estate agent is a licensed professional who helps you in all real estate transactions. These agents are highly knowledgeable about the local market trends, the procedures for buying and selling property, and competitive pricing among others. They represent both buyers and sellers to get the most profitable outcome on both ends. A good agent knows how to market well, sell it quickly, and for the top dollar.
- 🚩 BEWARE: Only in certain states is it permissible for a real estate agent to act as both the listing and buyer agent, i.e. dual agency. In this situation, they do not operate as a representative, but rather as a neutral third party who assists in all transactions. Dual agency listings must be agreed upon by both parties in order to ensure transparency.
There are two main types of agents, listing agents and buyer agents. The seller hires a listing agent to help them market and sell their home. It is important to hire an experienced listing agent. While a buyer agent represents the buyer in transactions. Their commission is also paid by the seller.
|Listing Agent||Flat Fee Listing Agent||Buyer Agent|
|👨⚖️ Represents||The Seller||The Seller||The Buyer|
|💰 Commission Rate||3%||$299||3%|
|🏡 Services Offered||Staging, Pricing, Create an MLS listing, Marketing, Paperwork||Staging, Pricing, Create an MLS listing, Marketing, Paperwork||Find properties, Showings, Counteroffers, Paperwork, Negotiations|
|✅ Customization of Services||None||Yes||None|
Difference between an Agent, Broker, and REALTOR®
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become a REALTOR by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training required except the completion of the pre-licensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker or Associate Broker||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Choose a Real Estate Agent in New Jersey?
Let’s elaborate further on what a licensed real estate agent can do and how to pick the right one:
✅ Market and Industry Knowledge
A smart real estate agent is knowledgeable about everything from the safest neighborhoods to market trends in local property values. They specialize in information on the property that no one else can supply.
Price is a significant factor whether you are looking to buy or sell. Pricing your home for sale and offer management is also heavily influenced by comparative market study. They use this knowledge to locate properties within the price range.
✅ Offer Management, Counter Offers, Pricing Negotiation
As a seller, if your home has several hidden concerns discovered during appraisal and inspection, you will need a strong negotiator to speak on your behalf for repairs and alterations.
An agent understands how to negotiate with property owners and potential buyers until the transaction is completed. Negotiation is essential, especially when it comes to reaching a compromise and dealing with several proposals.
A listing or buyer realty agent will work hard to obtain you the best bargain possible based on your objectives. They check that all properties have property authorization and permit to avoid long-term complications, and they may even advise you to take on the additional property.
💰 Counter Offers Instantly!
Houzeo has harnessed cutting-edge technology to introduce the “Counter-Offer” tool. It enables house sellers to send counter-offer proposals to buyer agents and buyers.
✅ Documentation and Paperwork
Real estate is synonymous with paperwork, and a lot of it. Most of the documentation will be unfamiliar and time-consuming if you are a first-time seller or buyer.
This is where an agent can assist you in completing the essential paperwork and ensuring it is completed on time. They guarantee that all details are correct and that any concerns are resolved as soon as possible to ensure a smooth closing process.
For example, all Houzeo paperwork and transactions are 100% online! Our IntelliList Management System instantly generates the majority of the listing information as you enter your Zip code, allowing you to save a significant amount of time while filling up your listing details.
✅ Marketing, Professional Photography, and Showings
They set the backbone of any real estate transaction. Aside from listing on the MLS, social media and producing the right listing with professional photographs help to close swiftly.
On the buyer’s side, the agent arranges showings so that you can visit the houses on your own time, as well as provide advice on property value.
✅ Closing and Final Paperwork
👨⚖️ What to look for in an Agent in New Jersey?
- Locate the agent at New Jersey’ licensing board to confirm that there are no outstanding actions and that the agent has a clean disciplinary record.
- Verify that your agent has sufficient experience as a listing or buyer agent.
- Examine the agent’s understanding of average home prices, insider connections, and knowledge.
- Make sure you have some wiggle room, especially if you are a first-time buyer or seller.
At the end of the day, word of mouth and research goes a long way. Know anyone who has recently bought or closed a home? Use social media and open requests to gauge the perfect agent for your transaction.
- ⌛ QUICK RECAP: A real estate agent is simply a middleman between both parties that want to buy or sell a property. Their main task is negotiation. Apart from that, a top real estate agent must have a vast knowledge base, guide you through all paperwork, help you with the mortgage process, get you on the MLS, and make the closing process smooth.
Types of New Jersey Real Estate Agents
There are 5 main types of agents:
|Types of Agents||Description|
|Flat Fee MLS Agents>||A flat fee MLS agent has an upfront fee of $199-$999. They list your property on the MLS and provide customizable services on an ala carte basis.|
|Flat Rate Agent>||A flat rate agent offers all the services of a traditional agent for a discounted flat rate. This can range anywhere between $2000 to $8000.|
|Low Commission Agents>||A low commission agent charges a lower commission than a traditional agent. Even if the buyer agent commission remains standard, their listing agent commission ranges between 1% - 1.5% of the selling price.|
|Virtual Full-Service Agents>||Virtual full service agents provide all services from listing, documentation, negotiation, showings, to closing 100% online. They may have a set upfront fee or a commission.|
|Traditional In-person Agents>||A traditional in-person agent is a real estate professional that provides all services for the buyer and seller for a commission of 2%-3%.|
Home prices in New Jersey are rising swiftly and persistently as the state’s median price continues to rise. The market in New Jersey is blooming with promise, with over 55,000 estate agents on the books. Finding the right agent, on the other hand, can be difficult. This is where our list of the best New Jersey real estate agents comes in.
Bear in mind, that the average agent commission in New Jersey is about 6% – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent. So if you sell your house in New Jersey for $300,000, you would end up spending $18,000 on the commission itself. Opting for Flat Fee agents like Ronnie Glomb associated with Houzeo can help you save this commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many real estate agents in NJ?
NJ has more than 55,000 registered real estate agents.
How much commission does a real estate agent make in NJ?
A real estate agent who is representing both the seller and the buyer takes about 5-6% commission from the selling price of the property. For instance, about $12,000 will be charged as commission for a home priced at $200,000.
Related: real estate agent new jersey, real estate agent nj, new jersey realestate, real estate agents nj, real estate agent in nj, real estate agents new jersey, new jersey real estate agent, top real estate agents new jersey, nj real estate agent, nj real estate agents, real estate agents in nj, best real estate agents in nj, jersey real estate agents, top real estate agents in nj, top selling real estate agents in nj, nj realty, michelle real estate agent, real estate agent fees nj, nj real estate agent search, nj real estate salesperson, njrealty, real estate agent commission nj, summit nj real estate agents
Related: ronnie glomb your town realty, ronnie glomb realtor, denise dreyer realtor, diane cookson compass, diane cookson realtor, ellen gonik coldwell banker, ellen gonik livingston nj, ellen gonik realtor nj, frank isoldi coldwell banker, frank isoldi listings, frank isoldi realtor, frank isoldi westfield nj, frank isoldi real estate, frank isoldi real estate, frank isoldi coldwell banker westfield, sheldon neal realtor, neal sheldon, sheldon neal maywood nj, sheldon neal realtor nj, sheldon neal nj, joshua baris realtor, joshua baris coldwell banker, joshua m baris, johnny rojas fort worth, johnny noel rojas, johnny rojas century 21