The past few years have seen a continuous decline in housing inventory in Tennessee. On the other hand, home values are skyrocketing, making it a thriving market for sellers. Accordingly, sellers can list their property competitively and get better offers than other properties in their areas. With the help of real estate agents in Tennessee, your experience in navigating the ways of the real estate market may just become easier!
At A Glance: Real Estate Agents In Tennessee
|Real Estate Agent||Best For||>10 Years of Experience||>50 Sales In Last 12 Months||5 Star Ratings|
|Daniel Demers||✔️ Sellers looking for maximum savings|
✔️ Sellers looking for Stellar Customer Reviews
✔️ Sellers looking for Fast Listing Changes
✔️ Sellers looking for Cutting-edge Technology
|Amanda Bell||✔️ Dealing with commercial real estate properties||✅||✅||✅|
|Vini Moolchandani||✔️ Sellers looking to sell their propeties||✅||✅||✅|
|Susan Gregory||✔️ Dealing in newly constructed properties||✅||✅||❌|
|Geoffrey Ramsey||✔️ In-person support & assistance||✅||✅||✅|
Facts About Tennessee Real Estate Market
|Number of homes for sale||>8000 listings per month (on average)|
|Median home price||$399,675|
|% of homes sold through real estate professionals||90%|
|Average commission for a real estate agent in Tennessee||5-6%|
|% of homes sold FSBO||7%|
 From March 2021 to March 2022
 As of April 2022
 As per NAR Highlights From the Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
Reviews: Top Real Estate Agents In Tennessee
Dan Demers, Houzeo Affiliate
Dan Demers provides an unbeatable combination of best-in-class savings, cutting-edge technology through Houzeo, and 5-star customer support. Skip the hassle, and begin listing paperwork on Houzeo.com.
👨💼 About: Daniel (Dan) Demers is Houzeo’s partner listing broker, and has 13+ years of experience practicing the flat-fee MLS model. Past sellers appreciate Demer’s responsiveness, politeness, honesty, and the virtual full-service real estate agent services offered at a low commission.
Demers spent several years with Keller Williams before leaving the traditional real estate practice in favor of the “flat fee MLS” model. He founded Sell Your Home Services to offer MLS listing packages for a one-time, flat rate.
Demers uses Houzeo’s technology to help home sellers save their hard-earned equity at a fraction of the cost they’d incur traditionally.
🏡 Annual Sales Volume: 314 sales in 2021, Demers closed $153M.
🤝 Affiliations: Daniel Demers is a Houzeo Partner, as a listing broker.
🏢 About: A tech-centric company, Houzeo is building cutting-edge tools to simplify the home selling experience and make real estate convenient for homeowners. Founded in 2017, the company is disrupting the flat fee MLS model with world-class technology and aims to build “America’s Super Real Estate App.”
💰 Affordability: You can work with Daniel Demers at a flat fee, usually $349, and avoid paying the traditional 3% listing agent commission. You get access to great technology for finishing the comprehensive paperwork, while the listing broker handles the legalities.
» SAVE 20%: Use coupon code “SAVE20” to save 20% more while listing with Dan on Houzeo.com
As a Houzeo Partner Broker, Demers has access to innovative tools designed to make home selling efficient. When home sellers list via Houzeo.com, they can leverage the Houzeo Advantage.
Let’s look at the “Houzeo Advantage”:
- IntelliList Listing Management System: Lets you manage your listing 100% online.
- Lightning Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. Listing can happen in under 60 minutes and any MLS listing changes are updated quickly.
- Houzeo Showings: Manage showing appointments online.
- Houzeo Offers: All offers are summarized online. You can view and compare offers, or counter any offer. In a multiple-offer situation, you can also call for the highest and best offers.
- Buyer Search: Buyers can contact you directly on Houzeo.com instead of going through a real estate agent.
- Houzeo Settlement Agent Platform: Guides you in ensuring the successful closing.
- Digital Transaction Management
- Houzeo ID Secure
- Pro Directory
- Houzeo Buyer Lead Manager
- Houzeo Mobile App: All features are at your fingertips with Houzeo mobile apps for iOS and Android.
Home sellers love working with Daniel and he has a 5 Star rating on Houzeo.
Daniel Demers serves throughout the state of Tennessee.
Amanda Bell, At Home Realty
🧑💼 About: With more than 200 sales in 2021, Amanda Bell ranked #2 among all the agents in Tennessee for most completed transactions. Amanda Bell has been a real estate agent for the past 19 years, becoming a REALTOR and Broker during this time as well. Amanda helps her clients with all kinds of real estate agent services, including buying, selling, and renting.
💰 Sales Volume: $43 million
🤝 Affiliations: Amanda Bell is the owner and founder of At Home Realty, a full service brokerage founded in 2007. It is based in Ashland City, Tennessee. The brokerage has overall positive reviews, praising its professionalism and services.
- Awarded Graduate, REALTOR Institute, given to agents who have knowledge and skills in various technical subjects and fundamentals of the real estate market.
- She is a Certified Residential Specialist, which is the highest designation awarded to any sales associate.
- She is also a Seniors Real Estate Specialist with expertise in reverse mortgages, real estate planning, 1031 exchanges, and 50+ aspects of buying and selling.
- Ranked #2 agent in Tennessee for 201 completed sales transactions in 2021 (Realtrends)
- Ranked #8 agent in Tennessee for completing sales worth $43,164,433 (Realtrends)
Amanda Bell has 5-star rating on Zillow.
- Ashland City
- Cedar Hill
- Cumberland Furnace
- Indian Mound
- Kingston Springs
- Pleasant View
Vini Moolchandani, Compass
🧑💼 About: With more than 15 years of experience, Vini Moolchandani has sold over 470 homes according to Zillow. Vini is based in Nashville, Tennessee. She has all 5-star ratings on Zillow, without any negative reviews. She also provides Compass Concierge services, which include house staging, flooring, deep cleaning, landscaping, etc. to attract more buyers.
💰 Sales Volume: $31 million
🤝 Affiliations: Vini Moolchandani is associated with Compass, a real estate company. She is the broker and founder of Team Vini, affiliated with Compass.
Vini Moolchandani has 5 star ratings on Zillow.
Vini serves in Brentwood, Franklin, Nashville, Nolensville, and Pike Road areas of Tennessee.
Susan Gregory, Parks Real Estate
👩🏽💼 About: Susan Gregory joined Bob Parks Realty in 2000. She has continued to work successfully with custom builders on new construction, resales, and buyers relocating to the area. Susan is a consistent Multi-Million Dollar producer. She specializes in the Nashville area and surrounding counties.
💰 Sales Volume: 92M
🏆Certification: She holds certifications in New Homes Sales Professional training, Luxury Home Marketing Professional, and Accredited Buyer’s Representative Training (ABR). She is consistently one of the top Realtors in Middle Tennessee. She is recognized on the nationally ranked “Real Trend” top agents list.
🤝 Affiliations: Susan Gregory is affiliated with Parks, a real estate company located and operating in Tennessee.
Parks Real Estate
🏢 About: Based in Tennessee, Parks was established 45 years ago. It boasts excellent customer service and ranks among the top real estate companies on the Realtrends chart.
- Consistent Multi-Million Dollar Producer
- Recognized on nationally ranked “Real Trend” top agents list
- Featured consistently in the Top 25 Realtors of Middle Tennessee in The Nashville Business Journal
- Top Residential Professional for the Brentwood Office at Bob Parks Realty (out of 600 agents).
Not enough reviews were found.
Susan Gregory serves Brentwood, Franklin, Nashville, Spring Hill.
Geoffrey Ramsey, Real Estate Partners Chattanooga, LLC
👨🏽💼 About: Geoff Ramsey has been in the business since 1993 and is a licensed broker in both Tennessee and Georgia. He is a RE/MAX Properties Agent.
He has earned the designation of Certified Residential Specialist. His real estate focuses include new construction, residential resale, land development, and some commercial real estate.
Consistently one of the top 10 Real Estate Agents in the Chattanooga TN Area with annual sales of over 35 Million in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019!
Real Estate Partners Chattanooga, LLC
🏢 About: Real Estate Partners Chattanooga, LLC is a locally based, independent real estate company owned by Geoffrey Ramsey.
- Greater Chattanooga REALTORS® awarded Geoff the prestigious 2014 REALTOR® of the Year Award for his service to the Association and to the community.
- Geoff ranked in the top three of all RE/MAX agents in Tennessee.
- Geoff was elected to the Greater Chattanooga REALTORS®’ Board of Directors in 2015, serving as a two-year Director, followed by 2017 President-Elect and currently as 2018 President.
Geoffrey Ramsey has a 4.9 star- rating on Zillow.
He serves in Apison, Bakewell, Chattanooga, Hixson, Ooltewah, Ringgold, Signal Mountain, Soddy-Daisy, and Spring City.
What is a Real Estate Agent?
A real estate agent is a licensed professional who helps you in all real estate transactions. These agents are highly knowledgeable about the local market trends, the procedures for buying and selling property, and competitive pricing among others. They represent both buyers and sellers to get the most profitable outcome on both ends. A good agent knows how to market well, sell it quickly, and for the top dollar.
- 🤔 DID YOU KNOW? Only in certain states is it permissible for a real estate agent to act as both the listing and buyer agent, i.e. dual agency. In this situation, they do not operate as a representative, but rather as a neutral third party who assists in all transactions. Dual agency listings must be agreed upon by both parties in order to ensure transparency.
There are two main types of agents, listing agents and buyer agents. The seller hires a listing agent to help them market and sell their home. It is important to hire an experienced listing agent. While a buyer agent represents the buyer in transactions. Their commission is also paid by the seller.
|Listing Agent||Flat Fee Listing Agent||Buyer Agent|
|👨⚖️ Represents||The Seller||The Seller||The Buyer|
|💰 Commission Rate||3%||$299||3%|
|🏡 Services Offered||Staging, Pricing, Create an MLS listing, Marketing, Paperwork||Staging, Pricing, Create an MLS listing, Marketing, Paperwork||Find properties, Showings, Counteroffers, Paperwork, Negotiations|
|✅ Customization of Services||None||Yes||None|
Difference between an Agent, Broker, and REALTOR
|Sr. No.||Key Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Defining Factor||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||Brokers are agents with experience and a license, allowed after completing additional coursework.||REALTOR are agents or brokers that are members of NAR, who follow NAR’s code of ethics.|
|2.||Training||No additional training required except the completion of the pre-licensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||They are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||They can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Determining the price of the property, host open houses, suggest and overlook home inspections and appraisals, provide contract assistance, etc.||Supervise other agents working for them, and responsible for several other duties based on their designation.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Choose a Real Estate Agent in Tennessee?
Let’s elaborate further on what a licensed real estate agent can do and how to pick the right one:
✅ Market and Industry Knowledge
A smart real estate agent is knowledgeable about everything from the safest neighborhoods to market trends in local property values. They specialize in information on the property that no one else can supply.
Real Estate agents are also well versed with the market trends for various types of properties like condos, townhouses, single family homes, multi family homes, etc. They can also offer relocation tips when migrating to a new state.
An experienced local real estate professional having good knowledge about the nearby area can help you find a suitable property based on your need. For example, they can help buyers find a property located near the best schools in Tennessee or any other state.
Knowing the fair market price is a significant factor whether you are looking to buy or sell. Pricing your home for sale and offer management are also heavily influenced by comparative market study. They use this knowledge to locate properties within the price range.
✅ Offer Management, Counter Offers, Pricing Negotiation
As a seller, if your home has several hidden concerns discovered during appraisal and inspection, you will need a strong negotiator to speak on your behalf for repairs and alterations.
An agent understands how to negotiate with homeowners and potential buyers until the transaction is completed. Negotiation is essential, especially when it comes to reaching a compromise and dealing with several proposals.
A listing or buyer realty agent will work hard to obtain you the best bargain possible based on your objectives. They check that all properties have property authorization and permit to avoid long-term complications, and they may even advise you to take on the additional property.
💰 Counter Offers Instantly!
Houzeo has harnessed cutting-edge technology to introduce the “Counter-Offer” tool. It enables house sellers to send counter-offer proposals to buyer agents and buyers.
✅ Documentation and Paperwork
Real estate is synonymous with paperwork, and a lot of it. Most of the documentation will be unfamiliar and time-consuming if you are a first-time seller or buyer.
This is where an agent can assist you in completing the essential paperwork and ensuring it is completed on time. They guarantee that all details are correct and that any concerns are resolved as soon as possible to ensure a smooth closing process.
For example, all Houzeo paperwork and transactions are 100% online! Their IntelliList Management System instantly generates the majority of the listing information as you enter your Zip code, allowing you to save a significant amount of time while filling up your listing details.
✅ Marketing, Professional Photos, and Showings
They set the backbone of any real estate buying and selling process. Aside from listing on the MLS, social media and producing the right listing with professional photos help to close swiftly.
On the buyer’s side, the agent arranges showings so that you can visit the houses on your own time, as well as provide advice on property value.
✅ Closing and Final Paperwork
👨⚖️ What to look for in an Agent?
- Locate the agent at your state’s licensing board to confirm that there are no outstanding actions and that the agent has a clean disciplinary record.
- Verify that your agent has sufficient experience as a listing or buyer agent.
- Examine the agent’s understanding of average home prices, insider connections, and knowledge.
- Make sure you have some wiggle room, especially if you are a first-time buyer or seller.
At the end of the day, word of mouth and research goes a long way. Know anyone who has recently bought or closed a home? Use social media and open requests to gauge the perfect agent for your transaction.
» How To Sell My House Fast in Tennessee? Here’s What You Can Do
- ⌛ QUICK RECAP: A real estate agent is simply a middleman between both parties that want to buy or sell a property. Their main task is negotiation. Apart from that, a top real estate agent must have a vast knowledge base, guide you through all paperwork, help you with the mortgage process, get you on the MLS, and make the closing process smooth.
Types of Real Estate Agents
There are four main types of agents:
|Types of Agents||Description|
|Flat Fee MLS Agents>||A flat fee MLS agent has an upfront fee of $199-$999. They list your property on the MLS and provide customizable services on an ala carte basis.|
|Flat Rate Agent>||A flat rate agent offers all the services of a traditional agent for a discounted flat rate. This can range anywhere between $2000 to $8000.|
|Low Commission Agents>||A low commission agent charges a lower commission than a traditional agent. Even if the buyer agent commission remains standard, their listing agent commission ranges between 1% - 1.5% of the selling price.|
|Virtual Full-Service Agents>||Virtual full service agents provide all services from listing, documentation, negotiation, showings, to closing 100% online. They may have a set upfront fee or a commission.|
|Traditional In-person Agents>||A traditional in-person agent is a real estate professional that provides all services for the buyer and seller for a commission of 2%-3%.|
Having a good real estate agent when buying or selling a home in Tennessee can make the real estate process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you obtain the top dollar for your property in the most hassle-free manner possible.
» Explore: Top Realtors in Tennessee
Choosing the correct real estate agent in Tennessee or any other state can be a tricky business. To help you ease the process of finding a suitable agent in Tennessee, we have compiled this list for you.
But the average real estate agent commission in Tennessee is about 6% – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent.
So if you sell your house in Tennessee for $700,000, you would end up spending $42,000 on the commission itself. Opting for Flat Fee real estate agents like Daniel Demers associated with Houzeo can help you save this commission.
💸 Want To Save On The Real Estate Agent Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Check out some of the Houzeo reviews and how it has helped customers around the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a REALTOR's commission in Tennessee?
Real estate commission in Tennessee can go up to 5 to 6% of the total selling price of the house.
How much do real estate agents make in Tennessee?
Usually, the commission is split between the listing agent and buyer's agent. The 5 to 6% commission is split between them, so a real estate agent normally earns about 2.5 to 3% commission in a deal.
How many real estate agents are there in Tennessee?
According to the Tennessee Association of Realtors, there are more than 34,000 real estate agents in Tennessee.
- Selling Home in Tennessee: Check out this guide to learn about selling a house in Tennessee!
- Real Estate Photography TN: Find out more about Real Estate Photography in Tennessee.
- Tennessee Closing Costs: Know more about closing costs in Tennessee
- Who Usually Pays Closing Costs in Tennessee: Find out who pays closing costs in Tennessee and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- List of Real Estate Companies in Tennessee: Check out the Top Real Estate Companies for smooth transactions!
- Buying a House in Tennessee right now: Find out when is the best time to buy a house.
- Tennessee Multiple Listing Service: Check out Tennessee MLS here
- Flat Fee Tennessee: Know more about Flat Fee MLS Listing services
- Real Estate Photographers in Tennessee: Check out the top Photographers for real estate in Tennessee
- Tenessee Real Estate Inspector: Find out the best Home Inspectors in Tennessee
Related: tennessee real estate agents, real estate agents tennessee, real estate agent tennessee, top real estate agents in tennessee, tennessee real estate agent commission, real estate agent in tennessee, tennessee real estate agent
Related: staging home, home staging tennessee, we buy houses for cash tennessee, should i buy title insurance, average title insurance cost tennesssee, is owner’s title insurance required in tennessee, how much is lender’s title insurance in texas, home inspection tn, average cost of home inspection in tennessee, how much is a home appraisal in tennessee, top mortgage lenders in tennessee, tennessee mortgage broker, when will the housing market crash in Tennessee, who sets real estate commission rates in tennessee, Houzeo Mobile App, how long does a preapproval for a mortgage last, cash offer on house tennessee, sell your own house website,