New York state has more than 78,167 active real estate agents. Given how important agents are to the transaction, here is a list of the Top Real Estate Agents in New York you NEED to know!
Top Real Estate Agents in New York: At a Glance
|Top New York Real Estate Agents||Best For||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||5 Star Ratings|
|Derek Greene||✔️ Sellers Looking for Maximum Savings|
✔️ Sellers Looking for Stellar Customer Reviews
✔️ Sellers Looking for Fast Listing Changes
✔️ Sellers Looking for Cutting-edge Technology
|Dan Axtmann||✔️Best for Customers Looking to Sell Their Property||✅||✅|
|Geraldine Andolina||✔️ Best Known for Customer Service||✅||✅|
|Nancy Kennedy||✔️ Best Known for Negotiation Skills||✅||✅|
|Chintan Trivedi||✔️ Best for In-Person Support||✅||✅|
New York Real Estate Market Trends
|Median Sales Price||$410,000 |
|Total Active Listings||30,724 |
|Days on Market||62 days |
|Average Real Estate Commission||5.4% |
What is the Average Real Estate Agent Commission in NY?
The average NY real estate agent commission is somewhere between 5% to 6% of the selling price. In most areas, the buyer’s agent commission is set in tone at anywhere between 2% to 3%. Commissions are negotiable and you must always ask if the agent can lower their commission.
» Learn More: How To Negotiate Real Estate Commission?
The listing commission varies according to the agent and the location. As a buyer, you need not worry about these commissions but simply the closing costs. Some agents and companies even offer buyer rebates. Let’s break it down further:
Now, if we estimate the average to be 5% and the home sale price to be $500,000, you pay a hefty $25,000 in commission alone!
🚩 Don’t Pay 6% Agent Commission
Save the entire Listing Agent commission by selling on Houzeo’s high-tech website.
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Reviews: Top Real Estate Agents in New York
👨⚖️ About: Derek Greene is a licensed real estate agent since 2004. He offers top limited service MLS listings as well as assistance with for sale by owner transactions. He is associated with Houzeo and is the founder of The Greene Realty Group
🏡 Sales Volume: $27M from 32 transactions on Houzeo
✨Ala carte services: His other services include marketing flyers, price assistance, e-contract review, lawn signs, and online showing scheduling.
🏆 Expertise: Buyer Agent, For Sale By Owners, Listing Facilitation, Seller Agent, Consultation
Green Realty Group
🏡 About: Founded in 2005, Green Realty Group is an MLS listing service that works on an upfront flat fee with no commissions. They mainly serve New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Cape Cod & Islands, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Long Island, Vermont
✨ Services: They offer services ranging from open house assistance, contract review, market analysis, and ongoing broker consultation. You can upload 30 photos, post virtual/video tours, advertise open houses and broker tours, features, legal form and disclosure packages, etc.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS listing service.
💰 Save Thousands on Commission: Houzeo’s plans are typically a small flat fee of $399. This will save you thousands! If your buyer is unrepresented, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
📣 Maximum Exposure: Listings get syndicated to the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites. Houzeo also has nifty social media sharing tools. No other platform gives you this much exposure.
📱 Cutting-edge Technology: Houzeo is the most powerful real estate website. Its advanced features include:
- IntelliList Listing Management System: Lets you manage your listing 100% online.
- Houzeo Showings: Manage showing appointments online.
- Houzeo Offers: All offers are summarized online. You can view and compare offers, or counter any offer. In a multiple-offer situation, you can also call for highest and best offers.
- Buyer Search: Buyers can contact you directly on Houzeo.com instead of going through a real estate agent.
- Houzeo Settlement Agent Platform: Guides you to your closing.
» Learn More: How To Sell A House By Owner in New York
- 135+ positive reviews on Zillow
- Over 3565 listings
Derek Greene has a rating of 4.9/5 on Zillow.
Derek Greene covers the entire state of New York.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Review and compare offers
- Manage showings with Houzeo Showings
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
About: Daniel Axtmann is a real estate agent with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hudson Valley. He is known for his selling skills, attention to detail, and in-depth knowledge about the properties in his areas.
🏆 Expertise: Residential listings and sales, New Construction, Relocation, Buyer’s agent, Foreclosure, Short Sale
🏡 Sales: 155 transactions in 2021
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hudson Valley Properties
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hudson Valley Properties is Mid-Hudson Valley’s leading real estate firm, providing comprehensive marketing and technology services across a global platform.
🔍 Explore: America’s Top Real Estate Agents
- Full-Service Realtor with Prudential Serls Prime Properties since 2005
- 2011 Realtor of The Year, Prudential Serls Prime Properties, Lagrange office
- Member, Mid-Hudson Multiple Listing Service – Member, Empire Access Multiple Listing Service
- Member, Greater Hudson Valley Multiple Listing Service – Member, National Association of Realtors
- Member, New York State Association of Realtors – Member, Dutchess County Association of Realtors
- Member, American Marketing Association
- Lifelong resident of Dutchess County
Daniel Axtmann has a rating of 5/5 on Zillow.
About: Geraldine Andolina is a real estate agent best known for her stellar customer service. She has in-depth knowledge about Grand Island and Buffalo.
🏆 Expertise: Buyer & Seller Representation, First Time Home Buyers, Grand Island Real Estate, Investment Properties, Listing Specialist, New Construction, Probate & Trust, Relocation Specialist, Residential, Waterfront Real Estate
🔖 Designations: Commercial Specialist, Fine Homes and Estates Specialist, REALTOR, National Association of REALTORS, Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, Broker Price Opinion Resource
🏡 Sales: 179 transactions in 2021
CENTURY 21 Winklhofer
CENTURY 21 Winklhofer has been the region’s expert in real estate since 1964. They have 3 offices centrally located and established for over 50 years and offer services in real estate in Western New York
» Learn More: Selling A House In New York State
- Ranked #1 Sales Agent for 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2009-2020 by the Buffalo Association of Realtors
- Grand Island’s #1 Overall Sales Agent -1997-2020
- One of America’s Top 200 Real Estate Professionals by the Wall Street Journal, REAL Trends & Lore Magazine 2007-2020
- 21 Time National Century 21 Centurion Award Winner
- Quality Service Award Winner For Outstanding Sales Achievements
- Presidents Award from Century 21 National for Top 10 in Sales & Quality Service: 2009-2020
- Top 21 in the World: 2013 – 2020
Geraldine Andolina has a 5/5 (out of 232 reviews) rating on Century 21.
About: Nancy Kennedy is a real estate agent from Westchester known for her negotiation skills while going above and beyond for the clients. She surpassed $1B in career sales in 2019 and is a top real estate agent in Houlihan Lawrence.
🏆 Expertise: Buyer’s Agent, Listing Agent, Relocation, Short-Sale, Property Management
🏡 Sales: 123 transactions in 2021
For 125 years, their team of real estate experts has been the market leader in New York City’s northern suburbs. They have the largest regional and global network with long-standing international connections and partners in over 65 countries.
» Learn More: How To Negotiate Real Estate Commission
- Broker Associate for Houlihan Lawrence, Westchester’s largest realtor with the greatest market share and market exposure.
- #1 Associate for Houlihan Lawrence
- #1 Associate in the entire Multiple Listing Service in Westchester-Putnam Counties
- #1 In Westchester County, #5 in New York State & #109 in the Nation by Wall Street Journal: Top Thousand Realtors Nationwide in 2018
- #28 to the nationwide The Wall Street Journal Top Thousand US Realtors list nationwide in 2016.
- $1 Billion in Career sales achieved in 2019.
Nancy Kennedy has a 5/5 (151 reviews) on Zillow.
Westchester County, NY
Mohegan Lake, Lake Mohegan, NY
Shrub Oak, NY
Mount Kisco, NY
New Rochelle, NY
Briarcliff Manor, NY
White Plains, NY
Lake Peekskill, NY
Town of Cortlandt, NY
Dobbs Ferry, NY
Hastings on Hudson, NY
Jefferson Valley, NY
Yorktown Heights, NY
Granite Springs, NY
Town Of Greenburgh, NY
Town of Scarsdale, NY
Town Of Ossining, NY
Town of Mamaroneck, NY
About: Chintan Trivedi a broker and owner of RE/MAX In The City. He is based in Riverdale, NY, and is known for his exceptional customer service with the clients that he works with.
He believes in a “client-first” approach and in-depth community and market knowledge, marketing skills, effective negotiation skills, and a high-quality professional network.
🏆 Expertise: Buying, Commercial Properties, First Time Homebuyers, Investment Properties, Luxury Properties, Rental, Selling, Short-Sale, Property Management, Multi-Unit Properties
🏡 Sales: 115 transactions in 2021
RE/MAX In The City
RE/MAX In The City is a franchise of RE/MAX. RE/MAX, LLC, a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: RMAX), is the world’s premier real estate franchisor.
Founded in 1973 in Denver, Colorado, RE/MAX has grown into a network of independently owned and operated offices with more than 125,000 agents in over 110 countries and territories.
» Also Read: Top REALTORS in New York
- Top Producer 2021
- America’s Top 100 Real Estate Agents 2018
- RE/MAX Diamond Award 2021
- RE/MAX Titan Award 2021, 2018, 2017
- RE/MAX Chairman Award 2019
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement Award
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®)
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
Chintan Trivedi has a 4.8/5 (out of 60 reviews) rating on Zillow.
Westchester, New York, NY
New Rochelle, NY
West Chester, PA
Town of Scarsdale, NY
Upper East Side, New York, NY
Upper West Side, New York, NY
Riverdale, New York, NY
What is a Real Estate Agent?
A real estate agent is a licensed professional who helps you in all real estate transactions. These agents are highly knowledgeable about the local market trends, the procedures for buying and selling property, and competitive pricing among others.
They represent both buyers and sellers to get the most profitable outcome on both ends. A good agent knows how to market well, sell your house quickly, and for the top dollar.
- 🚩 BEWARE: Only in certain states is it permissible for a real estate agent to act as both the listing and buyer agent, i.e. dual agency. In this situation, they do not operate as a representative, but rather as a neutral third party who assists in all transactions. Dual agency listings must be agreed upon by both parties in order to ensure transparency.
There are two main types of agents, listing agents and buyer agents.
The seller hires a listing agent to help them market and sell their home. It is important to hire an experienced listing agent. While a buyer agent represents the buyer in transactions. Their commission is also paid by the seller.
|Listing Agent||Flat Fee Listing Agent||Buyer Agent|
|👨⚖️ Represents||The Seller||The Seller||The Buyer|
|💰 Commission Rate||3%||$399||3%|
|🏡 Services Offered||Staging, Pricing, Create an MLS listing, Marketing, Paperwork||Staging, Pricing, Create an MLS listing, Marketing, Paperwork||Find properties, Showings, Counteroffers, Paperwork, Negotiations|
|✅ Customization of Services||None||Yes||None|
What is the Difference Between an Agent, Broker, and REALTOR?
|Sr. No.||Key Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Defining Factor||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||Brokers are agents with experience and a license, allowed after completing additional coursework.||REALTOR are agents or brokers that are members of NAR, who follow NAR’s code of ethics.|
|2.||Training||No additional training required except the completion of the pre-licensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||They are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||They can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Determining the price of the property, host open houses, suggest and overlook home inspections and appraisals, provide contract assistance, etc.||Supervise other agents working for them, and responsible for several other duties based on their designation.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Choose a Real Estate Agent in New York
Let’s elaborate further on what a licensed New York Real Estate Agent can do and how to pick the right one:
✅ Market and Industry Knowledge
A smart real estate agent in NY is knowledgeable about everything from the safest neighborhoods to market trends in local property values. They specialize in information on the property that no one else can supply.
Price is a significant factor whether you are looking to buy or sell. Pricing your home for sale and offer management is also heavily influenced by comparative market study. They use this knowledge to locate properties within the price range.
✅ Offer Management, Counter Offers, Pricing Negotiation
As a seller, if your home has several hidden concerns discovered during appraisal and inspection, you will need a strong negotiator to speak on your behalf for repairs and alterations.
An agent understands how to negotiate with property owners and potential buyers until the transaction is completed. Negotiation is essential, especially when it comes to reaching a compromise and dealing with several proposals.
A listing or buyer realty agent will work hard to obtain you the best bargain possible based on your objectives. They check that all properties have property authorization and permit to avoid long-term complications, and they may even advise you to take on the additional property.
💰 Counter Offers Instantly!
Houzeo has harnessed cutting-edge technology to introduce the “Counter-Offer” tool. It enables house sellers to send counter-offer proposals to buyer agents and buyers.
✅ Documentation and Paperwork
Real estate is synonymous with paperwork, and a lot of it. Most of the documentation will be unfamiliar and time-consuming if you are a first-time seller or buyer.
This is where an agent can assist you in completing the essential paperwork and ensuring it is completed on time. They guarantee that all details are correct and that any concerns are resolved as soon as possible to ensure a smooth closing process.
For example, all Houzeo paperwork and transactions are 100% online! Their IntelliList Management System instantly generates the majority of the listing information as you enter your Zip code, allowing you to save a significant amount of time while filling up your listing details.
✅ Marketing, Professional Photography, and Showings
They set the backbone of any real estate transaction. Aside from listing on the MLS, social media and producing the right listing with professional photographs help to close swiftly.
On the buyer’s side, the agent arranges showings so that you can visit the houses on your own time, as well as provide advice on property value.
✅ Closing and Final Paperwork
Closing is usually when many transactions falter. The process can get extremely confusing for buyers and sellers. An agent rechecks all paperwork connects you with inspectors, further negotiates on your behalf, and makes it a straightforward process.
👨⚖️ What to look for in an Agent?
- Locate the agent at your state’s licensing board to confirm that there are no outstanding actions and that the agent has a clean disciplinary record.
- Verify that your agent has sufficient experience as a listing or buyer agent.
- Examine the agent’s understanding of average home prices, insider connections, and knowledge.
- Make sure you have some wiggle room, especially if you are a first-time buyer or seller.
At the end of the day, word of mouth and research goes a long way. Know anyone who has recently bought or closed a home? Use social media and open requests to gauge the perfect agent for your transaction.
- ⌛ QUICK RECAP: A real estate agent is simply a middleman between both parties that want to buy or sell a property. Their main task is negotiation. Apart from that, a top real estate agent must have a vast knowledge base, guide you through all paperwork, help you with the mortgage process, get you on the MLS, and make the closing process smooth.
» How to Sell My House Fast New York: Discover Best Ways to Sell Your NY House Quickly
Types of Licensed Real Estate Agents New York
There are four main types of agents:
|Types of Agents||Description|
|Flat Fee MLS Agents>||A flat fee MLS agent has an upfront fee of $199-$999. They list your property on the MLS and provide customizable services on an ala carte basis.|
|Flat Rate Agent>||A flat rate agent offers all the services of a traditional agent for a discounted flat rate. This can range anywhere between $2000 to $8000.|
|Low Commission Agents>||A low commission agent charges a lower commission than a traditional agent. Even if the buyer agent commission remains standard, their listing agent commission ranges between 1% - 1.5% of the selling price.|
|Virtual Full-Service Agents>||Virtual full service agents provide all services from listing, documentation, negotiation, showings, to closing 100% online. They may have a set upfront fee or a commission.|
|Traditional In-person Agents>||A traditional in-person agent is a real estate professional that provides all services for the buyer and seller for a commission of 2%-3%.|
Having a good real estate agent when selling a house in New York can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you obtain the top dollar for your property in the most hassle-free manner possible.
But the average real estate agent New York commission is about 6% – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent.
So if you sell your house in New York for $600,000, you would end up spending $36,000 on the commission itself. Opting for Flat Fee real estate agents like Derek Greene associated with Houzeo can help you save this commission.
💸 Want To Save On The Real Estate Agent Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $399!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Check out some of the Houzeo reviews and how it has helped customers around the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who pays the commission when you buy or sell a house?
The seller pays for both the seller agent commission and buyer agent commission.
How many Real Estate Agents in New York??
There are more than 78,167 active real estate agents in New York.
How much is the real estate agent commission in New York?
The average real estate commission in New York is between 5%- 6% and is negotiable.
What is the Real Estate Agent salary in New York?
The average annual income of an agent in New York is $121,083.
What Buyers Want Most From a Real Estate Agent?
1. Help finding the right home
2. Help negotiating the price
3, Help with paperwork
- Selling Home in New York: Check out this guide to learn about selling a house in New York!
- Real Estate Photography NY: Find out more about Real Estate Photography in New York.
- New York Closing Costs: Know more about closing costs in New York
- Who Usually Pays Closing Costs in New York: Find out who pays closing costs in NY and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- List of Real Estate Companies in New York: Check out the Top Real Estate Companies for smooth transactions!
- Buying a House in New York right now: Find out the best time to buy a house.
- New York Multiple Listing Service: Check out the best New York MLS companies here
- Flat Fee New York: Know more about Houzeo’s New York Flat Fee MLS here
- Real Estate Photographers in New York: Check out the top Photographers for real estate in New York
- New York Real Estate Inspector: Find out the best Home Inspectors in New York
Related Keywords: real estate agent NYC, top ny real estate agents, best real estate agent in new york, Million Dollar Listing New York real estate agents
Related: staging home, central new york home staging, we buy houses for cash new york, should i buy title insurance, average title insurance cost new york, is owner’s title insurance required in new-york, how much is lender’s title insurance in new york, home inspection NY, average cost of home inspection in new york, how much is a home appraisal in new york, top mortgage lenders in new york, new york mortgage broker, when will the housing market crash in New York, who sets real estate commission rates in new york, Houzeo Mobile App, how long does a preapproval for a mortgage last, cash offer on house New York,