From Montague to Wildwood, there are over 61,129 realtors in New Jersey. With so many realtors, there are bound to be thousands of real estate companies.
However, you can save even more money if you list your home on the open market with sell your home yourself websites. Houzeo will automatically assign your local MLS documents and help you list on MLS quickly.
We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching New Jersey’s best real estate companies. Our ratings are specific to what you’re trying to accomplish.
Top Real Estate Companies In New Jersey for:
- Selling Your Home: Sellers need maximum exposure for their listing, max commission savings, a 100% online experience, and 5-star customer support.
- Buying a Home: Buyers need a great agent to negotiate for them, maximum buyer rebate, and stellar customer support.
- Agents to Work in: Agents want the best commission splits, to earn equity in the company, a strong training program, and stellar tech and support.
Top 8 Real Estate Companies in New Jersey
Let’s look at the top companies in New Jersey for real estate in 2023.
3 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Sellers
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers: Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages for home sellers.
- Bronze Package – $99: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $379: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
- Add-ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lock boxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs only $49, but you can get it for free if you send us a selfie!
Mobile App: List your property, manage showings, and review & compare offers at your fingertips with Houzeo’s App!
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com.
Houzeo is Florida’s #1 real estate company because of 8 reasons:
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites.
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings.
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints.
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees.
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is New Jersey’s #1 real estate company, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo offers New Jersey FSBO home sellers affordable listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
RE/MAX is a network of franchised brokerages that are independently owned and operated. It has a global footprint with a presence in over 110 countries.
- Traditional Agents – 5% to 6% Commission: RE/MAX is a traditional brokerage. Normally, traditional agents charge an average commission of 5%-6% as they guide and assist you through the entire selling process.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX is a well-known real estate brokerage. However, each office is independently owned and operated, so the experience and the quality of service may vary by office.
» Top Real Estate Brokerages in the USA: Check out our list of top brokerages for 2023
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Personal Agent: RE/MAX agents guide you throughout your entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
- Pricing Your Home: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Extensive Marketing: Agents at RE/MAX use cutting-edge tools and implement multiple marketing strategies to ensure maximum exposure to your property.
The major dealbreaker of RE/MAX is
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has multiple customer complaints regarding timeline lapses and unresponsive customer service.
RE/MAX has a rating of 2.7 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX has 125,000 agents across the country and was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020. They have a wide presence in New Jersey.
However, customers have complained about delayed transactions and the unresponsive nature of the agents.
3. Signature Realty NJ
Signature Realty was founded by Michelle Pais in 2010. The company today has more than 100 agents working for it, which is situated at Summit, New Jersey. The company specializes in luxury real estate in New Jersey.
- Pricing is not disclosed on the website, which means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: The company provides full service in real estate transactions, i.e. helping the buyers and sellers through the entire deal. They also deal in all kinds of properties, including residential and commercial. With more than 5000 homes sold, the company has a volume exceeding $1 billion in sales.
» Foreclosures: Everything you need to know
Key highlights of Signature Realty NJ include:
- Expert Agents: Each agent is an expert in the area they serve not only geographically but in their specific niche. Signature Agents cater to their clients to exceed their expectations.
- Extensive Marketing: Signature Realty agents regularly keep track of the market activity which gives them an upper hand in pricing strategies. Market knowledge coupled with marketing strategies helps them achieve top dollar for your property.
- Staging Services: With the Signature Style Program, they provide home staging services to make your home appealing and attractive to potential buyers.
- Listing Syndications: The Signature Syndication Program syndicates your listings to various prominent real estate websites.
- Start to Close Assistance: The Signature Services includes the agent’s assistance on complex tasks such as attorney review, home inspection, the buyer’s mortgage approval, and closing.
- Coverage: They offer services to home sellers across New Jersey.
There were no deal breakers found with Signature NJ Realty.
Signature Realty has 5 out of 5-star ratings on Google Reviews.
Signature Realty NJ, Michelle Pais Group, is a leading name in the New Jersey real estate market. Having sold over 400 homes with 1.5$ billion in sales, the Group prides itself in getting houses sold for top dollar in less time.
They provide assistance to home sellers across New Jersey from start to close. You can rely on them for a successful home sale.
2 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Buyers
1. Coldwell Banker Realty
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in America. Owned by Anywhere Real Estate Inc., this full-service brokerage has over 3,000 offices in 49 countries and territories.
- No Service Fee: As a buyer, you pay nothing to avail services of Coldwell Banker.
👉 Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader. Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are professional and committed to providing quality service to their customers.
Key features of Coldwell Banker:
- Experts in Negotiations: Coldwell Banker’s agents are skilled and have considerable experience in negotiating the best deal for you.
- Assistance in finding a lender: They help you find a local lender to get you pre-qualified for your desired home by determining whether you can afford to purchase the home.
- Home Searching: With access to the MLS and other tools, the agents narrow down the best home for you as per your wants, needs, and budget.
- Financing: From down payments to mortgage prequalification, Coldwell Banker can help you make sure you have your financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
- Strong Agent Network: Owing to strong connections with other real estate agents, your agent can find you multiple potential property options.
Red flags of Coldwell Banker include:
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Several clients of Coldwell Banker have complained of a lack of trust in the agents they had dealt with.
- Lapses in Transactions: Customer complaints include delays in transactions, laid-back attitude, misrepresentations, and the unresponsiveness of agents.
Coldwell Banker is rated 3.0 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Coldwell Banker LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in the country. With expertise, knowledge, and experience in the real estate market, they strive to get the best home for their clients.
However, you must take into account the customer reviews prior to engaging them.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the United States and has more than 40 million unique users every month.
- Buyers’ Agency Agreement: Typically, the buyer’s agent is paid by the seller from the proceeds of the sale transaction. However, if the seller does not pay the buyer’s agent then the buyer is responsible to pay the agent in accordance with the buyers’ agency agreement.
👉 Our Take: Despite Zillow garnering a name for being one of the largest real estate websites, we suggest you tread carefully after conducting the necessary due diligence.
Here are some advantages of choosing Zillow:
- Biggest Database: It has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
- Advanced Search: It has saved your search criteria with its “save search” feature. It has more than 20 filters to narrow down your ideal property based on the preferences of price, beds and baths, home type, and many more.
- Paperwork Assistance: Zillow agents can help you with all the paperwork that comes with purchasing a home.
- Negotiation Specialists: It’s agents have expansive market knowledge and will negotiate the best deal for you.
- Financial Resources: Zillow’s certified loan officers can help buyers pre-qualify for a home loan. In addition, Zillow provides buyers with tools such as a mortgage calculator, affordability calculator, and refinance calculator.
- Mobile App: Yes.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
- Incorrect Information: Customers looking to buy a house have complained about inaccurate and misleading information about properties listed on Zillow.
Zillow has a rating of 2.7 out of 5 stars on ConsumerAffairs.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the United States and has more than 40 million unique users every month. It extracts data from top MLS platforms and assists buyers and agents to view the listings directly on its platform.
Zillow provides an on-demand buying experience. However, Zillow has poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles.
3 Best Real Estate Companies To Work For in New Jersey
A real estate company employs licensed agents to represent local buyers and sellers. As a real estate agent, you must consider the following factors in a real estate company – commissions, training, agent equity, revenue share, profit share, and technical support.
|Real Estate Company||Commission Split||Profit Share||Revenue Share||Agent Equity||Tech Support||Training Program|
|1. eXp Realty||80/20||❌||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|2. Keller Williams Realty||64/36||✅||❌||❌||✅||✅|
|2. Compass||Based on agent discussion.||❌||❌||❌||✅||✅|
1. eXp Realty
- Commission Split: The agents keep 80% of the commission and 20% goes to eXp. After the agents hit the $16,000 cap in their anniversary year, they retain 100% of the commission.
- Revenue Share: eXp Realty’s Revenue Share Program lets agents earn a percentage from the revenue of the agents they’ve sponsored.
- Agent Equity: eXp agents are rewarded with shares of EXPI stock upon accomplishing specific goals.
- Training Program: eXp Realty runs the 2-week Fast Start training program for its new agents. This holistic curriculum has been rated a 4.8 out of 5 by agents who have completed the program.
- Technical Support: eXp Solutions offers agents cutting-edge tools to make the real estate transaction seamless.
▶️ The Rise of eXp Realty: Check out how eXp Realty is beating Compass and Keller Williams
2. Keller Williams Realty
- Commission Split: From the commission, 64% goes to the agent, 30% goes to KW Market Center and 6% is to be paid by the agent as a franchise fee ($3,000 is the cap). Once an agent hits the cap, the commission goes entirely to the agent.
- Profit Share: KW’s Profit-Sharing Program lets agents earn a portion of the profit from the agent they’ve referred.
- Training Program: KW provides a training program that teaches agents the core principles of running a successful real estate business.
- Technical Support: KW Command is a CRM software that equips agents with the necessary tools to handle real estate transactions from start to close.
Compass is a licensed real estate brokerage that combines talent with innovative technology to handle real estate transactions. It has a 4 out of 5 rating on Indeed.
- Commission Split: The commission split for agents in Compass is unclear. It’s based on an agent’s discussion with Compass.
- Training Program: Compass Academy, an arm of Compass provides educational resources such as modules, and live sessions to train its agents.
- Technical Support: Compass provides agents with a comprehensive set of innovative tools such as Marketing Center, Compass CRM, Compass Markets, and more.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Company in New Jersey?
For Home Sellers
Approximately 86% of homeowners opt for a real estate agent or broker when selling property in New Jersey. This shows how critical it is to choose the most qualified agent for real estate transactions. When choosing a New Jersey real estate company, you must consider the following factors:
- Technology: Top companies provide dynamic tech support to their agents to market your property better. Opt for companies that offer quick digital transactions, paperless processes, offer showings, and more.
- Marketing Strategy: A marketing strategy can make or break your transaction. Good marketing strategy includes the use of yard signs, MLS listing, flyers, home staging, photography, open houses, and social media.
- Online Reviews: It’s important to read reviews of agents associated with that company. You can find reviews from credible review platforms like Google Reviews, Trustpilot, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Zillow reviews.
- Recommendations: Ask around if anyone knows of a real estate company that has sold their home successfully. In addition, you can also go through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
» Top Real Estate Agents: Here’s a list of top real estate agents in America!
For Home Buyers
86% of buyers purchased their homes through a real estate agent or broker. If you are a buyer looking through New Jersey real estate companies, keep the following things in mind:
- Rebate: A buyer’s rebate is when an agent gives you a percentage of their commission after the home sale. Agents do this to secure business with you. Some companies have fixed percentages on the rebate amount. Look for companies or brokerages which offer you buyers rebates.
- Resources: Many companies have tools like mortgage calculators, affordability calculators, closing cost calculators, email alerts, and virtual showings which help you in your home-buying journey.
- Agent Reviews: It’s necessary to read online reviews before you choose your agent. Try to get recommendations from family or friends if possible.
For Real Estate Agents
A real estate agent must consider the following points while browsing real estate companies in New Jersey:
- Commission Model: Real estate agents and NJ realtors work on commissions. When you sell a house, you split the profits with your broker. A broker charges varied commissions. Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.
- Commission Breakdown: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home where the average commission in your area is 6%. This 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. A 60/40 commission splits mean you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
- Training Modules: Most real estate companies provide training courses to their agents. Franchise companies like RE/MAX, Keller Williams, etc. offer programs to train agents in negotiation, marketing, body language, sales pitch, and lead generation.
- Tech Support: Top real estate companies equip their agents with the latest technology to keep them on par with the competition. Most companies have automated systems to help agents keep track of clients, leads, and emails.
- Marketing & Advertising: Real estate companies also provide agents with high-quality digital and print materials, custom graphics and ads, professional photography, and database management systems to ensure exposure to the customer’s property.
Before you choose a real estate company in New Jersey, we suggest you conduct thorough research on the company. We are certain our blog will help you make a sound decision in finalizing the best real estate company, as per your criteria.
The basic requirement for a good real estate company is experienced & dedicated agents, maximum savings, tech savviness, and quick transactions. With Houzeo, you get all these factors on one single platform.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best real estate company in New Jersey?
Houzeo is the best real estate company in New Jersey. It offers sellers an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, 100% online experience, and listing exposure.
2. What are the best real estate companies for buyers in New Jersey?
The best real estate companies for home buyers in New Jersey are Coldwell Banker and Zillow. They offer home buyers various services and tools such as virtual showings, mortgage calculators, and more.
3. Which is the best real estate company to work for in New Jersey?
The best real estate company to work for is eXp Realty. They offer satisfactory commission splits, revenue share, agent equity, a robust training program, and tech support.
4. How much commission does a real estate agent make in NJ?
A real estate agent who is representing both the seller and the buyer takes about 5-6% commission from the selling price of the property. For instance, about $12,000 will be charged as commission for a home priced at $200,000.
- Wholesaling Real Estate in New Jersey: Read to know how real estate wholesaling works in NJ.
- Cost to Build a House in New Jersey: Discover why building a home is cheaper than buying a new one in NJ.
- How Much are Closing Costs in NJ: Discover your closing cost obligations in New Jersey.
- New Jersey Seller Closing Costs Calculator – Calculate your seller closing costs!
Related: housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo