The median home price in Charlotte, NC has increased by 13.5% to reach a median price of $392,500. High prices mean sellers have to pay hefty commissions. In such a case, a home seller may struggle to sell their home without help.
With our rankings of the best REALTORS in Charlotte, NC, you can find the right individual for a smooth and hassle-free real estate transaction.
Rankings: 3 Best Realtors in Charlotte, NC
|Best REALTORS in Charlotte, NC||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg. Rating|
|1. Daniel Demers||Best Overall||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
|2. Trent Corbin||Best for First Time Home Buyers and Sellers||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
|3. Dan Jones||Move Safe Certified||✅||✅||4.9/ 5.0|
Reviews: 3 Top Realtors in Charlotte, NC
1. Dan Demers, Sell Your Home Services LLC
Why Daniel Demers is #1: Daniel (Dan) Demers is a Realtor licensed in 10 states. He has 13+ years of experience practicing the flat-fee MLS model. He even offers virtual full-service real estate services at a low commission.
Sell Your Home Services LLC: Sell Your Home Services, Dan Demers’ real estate company offers MLS listing packages for a one-time, flat rate.
For Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Listing: Through Sell Your Home Services, Daniel Demers offers a flat fee MLS listing package, which helps sellers list their house on the MLS for a flat fee and save thousands of dollars in agent commissions.
- Customer Support: Known for their excellent customer service, a quarter of Sell Your Home Services business comes from client referrals.
- Full Automation: Powered by Houzeo.com, Daniel Demers can help you manage your listing 100% online. With Houzeo Showings, you can deal with showing appointments online. You can even use Houzeo Offers for viewing and comparing offers, and Houzeo’s Settlement Agent Platform for closing.
For Home Buyers
- Schedule Showings: Home buyers can schedule showings on Sell Your Home Services’ website by adding the property address and their contact information.
- Submit an Offer: Buyers can even make an offer to the seller on Houzeo.com, provided the seller has listed their property via Dan Demers on Houzeo.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Buyers can use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate their expenses for purchasing their home.
Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his expertise in multiple real estate markets across the country. Working in partnership with Houzeo.com, he is focused on using technology to improve the home buyer and seller experience.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
- Dan Demers Realtor is the founder of Sell Your Home Services which offers MLS listing packages for a one-time, flat rate.
- He is currently a licensed broker in 10 states.
- He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services: Daniel Demers has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.
Dan Demers offers his services in 10 states and covers the following MLS’:
- Birmingham MLS (GALMLS)-AL
- Mobile County MLS-AL
- Montgomery Area AOR MLS-AL
- Arizona Regional MLS-AZ
- Western Arizona Realtor Data Exchange WARDEX MLS-AZ
- BRIGHT MLS-DE
- Georgia (GA) MLS-GA
- Greater Augusta MLS (GAAR)
- Greater Chattanooga AOR MLS-GA
- Northeast Georgia MLS-GA
- MREIS IDX MLS-ME
- Greater Capital Association of Realtors (Global) MLS-NY
- New York State Alliance of MLS’s (NYSAMLS)
- OneKey MLS-NY
- Canopy MLS-NC
- Fayetteville MLS-NC (LPRMLS – Longleaf Pine Realtors MLS)
- Northeast Georgia MLS-NC
- BRIGHT MLS-PA
- Lehigh Valley MLS-PA
- Pocono MLS-PA
- West Penn MLS-PA
- Canopy MLS-SC
- Charleston Trident MLS-SC
- Coastal Carolina AOR MLS-SC
- Consolidated MLS-SC
- Greenville MLS-SC
- Pee Dee MLS-SC
- Western Upstate MLS-SC
- Western Upstate MLS-SC
- Greater Chattanooga AOR MLS-TN
- Knoxville (KAARMLS)-TN
- Memphis MLS (MAARMLS)-TN
- Nashville (RealTracs Mid) MLS-TN
2. Trent Corbin, The Red Bud Group – Keller Williams South Park
BEST FOR FIRST TIME HOME SELLERS OR BUYERS
Trent Corbin has worked in the real estate industry in Charlotte, North Carolina, since 2009.
- Selling or buying with Trent would cost you 5% – 6% real estate commission. He is known for his expertise in commercial and residential properties, mortgage services, foreclosures, luxury properties, and more.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trent Corbin for his professionalism and responsiveness. Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or an experienced real estate investor, Trent will assist you in making an informed, educated decision for the best possible outcome.
Trent Corbin has a team of experienced real estate agents. With their backgrounds and experiences, they tailor their services according to your needs.
- Customized Marketing Plan: They provide a customized marketing plan unique to each seller. They post your home on the local MLS as well as syndicated sites, new listing sheets, and real estate publications to get it in front of buyers.
- The Best Deal: As offers begin to come in, they assist you in the negotiating process to ensure that you get the greatest price with clear closing terms.
- Mortgage calculator: Their mortgage calculator can help you determine how much home you can afford. Once you know what your budget is, you can start browsing available homes in your price range.
- Home Finder Search Tool: It saves your searches and notifies you when homes in your price range and preferred neighborhoods become available.
In our research, we did not find any red flags associated with Trent.
However, he offers his services only in limited areas of North Carolina – Charlotte and Ashville.
Trent Corbin and his team have 5 out of 5 stars from 1,396 reviews on Zillow.
3. Dan Jones, Carolina Real Estate Experts
MOVE SAFE CERTIFIED
About: Dan Jones has a strong staff of listing pros, buyer specialists, marketing analysts, and administration executives. Dan specializes in foreclosures, investment properties, relocations, luxury homes and more.
Carolina Real Estate Experts: The Dan Jones Group is a top-producing real estate team in North and South Carolina. To secure the greatest results for their clients every time, they focus on detailed systems and tough negotiating techniques.
For Home Sellers
- Marketing Plan: At Carolina Real Estate Experts, they offer a 151 Step Marketing Plan that offers a step by step process to get your home sold for top dollar.
- Home Value Report: Home sellers can obtain a home value assessment to assist them in accurately pricing their home. All they have to do is enter the details of their home.
For Home Buyers
- Home Search Feature: Buyers get the chance to look for prospective homes using the website.
- Local Market Knowledge: The agents are knowledgeable and experienced. They specialize in the Greater Charlotte area real estate market and are prepared to find the right home and get the best price.
Our Take: We recommend Dan Jones because he is a great option for the locals in Charlotte. He and his team are known for their responsiveness and professionalism. He focusses on building a long term relationship and getting their clients the best deal in every transaction.
» Flat Fee MLS Charlotte: Check out how Houzeo compares to other Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Charlotte
- Dan Jones won the Top Negotiator Award in 2021
- He also won the Top Producer Award in 2021
- Dan and his team sold over 210 properties in the last 12 months
Dan Jones has a 4.9 star rating (357 reviews) on Zillow.
Dan Jones offers his services throughout Charlotte, NC.
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
For becoming a licensed member of the NAR, a real estate agent or broker has to be a certified member of a local realtor association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
Membership to be a Realtor in Charlotte, NC is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Charlotte, NC?
The average Realtor commission in Charlotte is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and firm they work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the US!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
REALTOR vs. Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in Charlotte, NC?
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Charlotte, NC with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Realtor in Charlotte, NC who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find Realtors in Charlotte
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best REALTORS: Check out our rankings of the top REALTORS across the country
Alternatives to Top Realtors in Charlotte, North Carolina
If saving money is the main goal, you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
» How To Sell My House Fast In Charlotte, NC? Here’s What You Can Do
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you.
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|SimpleShowing||1% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|Redefy||$3500 Flat Fee|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission, which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home for cash, you can skip repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50%–70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Charlotte, NC : Check out our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer makes an offer and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the best REALTORS in Charlotte, NC?
Dan Demers is the #1 Realtor in Charlotte who provides stellar services for home sellers and buyers through his company and Houzeo's tech. Besides him, Trent Corbin and Dan Jones are other good REALTORS in Charlotte who can help locals with their real estate processes.
How much is REALTOR Commission in Charlotte, NC?
Realtor Commission in Charlotte, NC is 3% for the listing agents and 2.5%-3% for buyer agents.
How to choose a REALTOR in Charlotte, NC?
A home seller can choose a REALTOR after examining the performance of top qualified agents in the area and then select a REALTOR who can help with the real estate transaction.
Is the housing market slowing down in Charlotte?
Yes, the housing market is slowing down in the US including in cities like Charlotte. Home sellers may find it difficult to sell their houses in this slowing market. That's where REALTORS can help you to sell your property despite the market conditions.
Related: realtor charlotte nc, charlotte realtors, charlotte nc realtors, realtors near charlotte nc, top selling realtors in charlotte nc, real estate in charlotte nc, dan jones realtor charlotte nc, carolina real estate experts dan jones
Additional Resources for Home Sellers
How to Sell a House by Owner in North Carolina
Home sellers who wish to sell their home themselves should know these things before they start. Read to know what steps to take.
Best Real Estate Websites in North Carolina
Top real estate websites use advanced technology to increase efficiency and reduce the time required for a real estate transaction. Check out the best near you!