The home prices in Augusta, GA increased by 16.5% in August 2022. As home prices increase, so does the commission. Home sellers may require the help of a Realtor to sell their homes in such a situation.
Here are our rankings of the best REALTORS in Augusta, GA who will help you sell the property for the best price without any hassle.
Rankings: 3 Best REALTORS in Augusta, GA
|Best REALTORS in Florence||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg. Rating|
|1. Glen Cornwell||Best Overall||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
|2. Natalie Poteete||Best for home sellers||✅||✅||4.9 / 5.0|
|3. Justin Bolin||Best for first time home buyers||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
Reviews: 3 Top REALTORS in Augusta, GA
1. Glen Cornwell
- Experience: 20+ years
- 5.0/5.0 (211 Reviews)
About: Glen Cornwell, a REALTOR with 20 years of experience in the industry, is licensed to practice in 6 states and has sold over 1000 properties in the past few years.
Cornwell Properties: Glen Cornwell’s Cornwell Properties is a real estate agency, which specializes mainly in luxury, relocation, resales, new construction, and investment properties.
For Home Sellers
- List for a Flat Fee of $349: Glen Cornwell offers MLS listing packages through Houzeo.com for a small flat fee. You can save thousands in agent commissions. If your buyer is unrepresented, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
- Full Automation: Powered by Houzeo.com, Glen can help you manage your listing 100% online. With Houzeo Showings, you can deal with showing appointments online. you can even use Houzeo Offers for viewing and comparing offers, and Houzeo DigiTransact for closing.
- Maximum Exposure: Your MLS listing will be syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites. With Houzeo’s social media share feature, you’ll even be able to post your listing on various social media apps.
For Home Buyers
- Home Search Feature: Buyers can search for properties by city or county. They can even sort the properties based on price, pictures, and built-up area.
- Submit an Offer: Buyers can even make an offer to the seller on Houzeo.com, provided the seller has listed their property via Glen Cornwell on Houzeo.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Buyers can even use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate their expenses for purchasing their home.
Our Take: We recommend Glen Cornwell because he can help make the home sale journey easy for the sellers by providing fully automated services and help them save the listing agent commission.
Glen Cornwell, Cornwell Properties: Check out the services provided by Glen via Houzeo.com
- Record of 180+ sales in a year
- An expert of resales and re-location deals
- He has 500+ connections in real estate across the United States
Glen Cornwell, Realtor: Glen has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.com.
Glen Cornwell is a Realtor in 6 states across the US and covers the following MLS’:
- Denver (RE Colorado) MLS – CO
- Georgia MLS + First MLS – GA
- Georgia MLS – GA
- Bright MLS – MD
- Michigan Regional Information Center, LLC (MICHRIC) MLS – MI
- Northern Great Lakes MLS – MI
- Realcomp MLS – MI
- Saginaw MLS – MI
- Outer Banks Association of REALTORS MLS – NC
- Canopy MLS – NC
- Georgia MLS – NC
- NC Regional MLS – NC
- Triangle MLS – NC
- BRIGHT MLS – VA
- Central Virginia Regional MLS – VA
- Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors MLS – VA
- Hampton Roads REIN MLS – VA
- REIN MLS + CVR MLS – VA
- Roanoke Valley Association of Realtors (RVAR) MLS – VA
- Williamsburg Area Association of Realtors MLS – VA
2. Natalie Poteete, Remax Reinvented
- Experience: 18+ years
- 4.9/5.0 (566 reviews)
Why Natalie is #2: Natalie Poteete is a realtor in Augusta, Georgia. She has been in the real estate industry for the last 18 years. She specializes in Marketing, Military Relocation, Foreclosures, Luxury Properties, Property Management, etc. Natalie is known for her extensive marketing knowledge.
Remax Reinvented: Remax leads the local market. It is widespread throughout the world and renowned for the services provided by its top-rated agents. The business provides real estate services like purchasing, selling, and investment opportunities. Additionally, it focuses on commercial and luxury buildings. The company has one of the biggest agent networks in the nation, which can be a wonderful asset for marketing your property.
For Home Sellers
- Online Listing: The online listing function on their website offers details particular to each home and the neighborhood in addition to the property image.
- Mobile Presence: The iOS and Android mobile apps provide users access to content much way websites do. The house search option improves the likelihood that prospective buyers will view your home at any time and from any location.
- Advanced Marketing: Digital marketing methods in advance can assist in increasing traffic to your listing.
For Home Buyers
- Interactive Map Search: Location is crucial when buying a house; using the map tool, buyers may seek for properties in the region of their choice.
- Communities: Customers can read up on the neighbourhood and get confidence in the communities they want to join on the website’s listings page.
Our Take: We recommend Natalie Poteete as she has been in the real estate business for 18 years and has been recommended for her marketing knowledge and local expertise. Natalie and her team have sold over 993 properties until now.
» Flat Fee MLS in Georgia: Check out how Houzeo compares to other Flat Fee MLS Listing services in Georgia.
- Remax hall of fame member
- Remax 100% club award winner
- Won the Remax Diamond club award
Natalie Poteete has a 4.9 stars rating on Zillow.
Natalie Poteete is licensed in Georgia. Natalie and her team provide their services through Remax Reinvented in Augusta, Evans, and Appling.
3. Justin Bolin, VanderMorgan Realty
- Experience: 17+ years
- 5.0/5.0 (385 Reviews)
Why Justin Bolin is #3: Justin C Bolin is Realtor in Augusta, Georgia. He has helped over 1300 families and individuals to buy or sell their homes since 2005. He specializes in first-time home buyers, distressed properties, investments, etc. Bolin has over 17 years of experience in real estate.
VanderMorgan Realty: VanderMorgan Realty is a real estate firm that also serves the insurance needs of Augusta, Evans, Georgia, and other nearby communities. The premier agents get access to over 4000+ residential listings.
For Home Sellers
- Multi-media Marketing: Excellent exposure for your houses through various media outlets, including the internet, newspapers, advertising, etc.
- Signage: VanderMorgan’s distinctive yard sign attracts a lot of attention, thereby giving your property good exposure.
- Direct mail and e-mail: To market your houses to interested and potential purchasers, create personalized mailers and emails. In an effort to snag potential purchasers, premier agents contact in response to mailers.
For Home Buyers
- Home Finder: While looking for a property, the VanderMorgan home finder feature sends you email notifications of new properties that match the locations you’ve chosen.
- One-stop Shopping: Customers in all areas of Augusta, Georgia, can take advantage of the full real estate and insurance services provided by VanderMorgan Realty.
Our Take: We recommend Justin Bolin as he is a local expert with 17+ years of experience as a REALTOR. He is also well-known among his clients for his investment advice.
» How to sell a house fast in Augusta: Check out the quickest ways to sell your Augusta home!
- Fast Expert Five Star Agent Award
- Sold over 1662 properties
Justin has a 5-star rating on Zillow.
Bolin is licensed in Georgia and offers his services via VanderMorgan Realty in Augusta, Evans, Grovetown, and Hephzibah.
What are REALTOR Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
The designation of a Realtor in Augusta, GA is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
What is the Average REALTOR Commission in Augusta?
The average Realtor commission in Augusta is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker vs. REALTORS in Augusta, GA
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in Augusta, Georgia
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Augusta, GA with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
How to Find Realtors in Augusta
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best REALTORS: Check out our rankings of the top REALTORS across the country
Alternatives to Top REALTOR in Augusta, GA
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies, you can save thousands of dollars in commissions and take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a REALTOR vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee real estate agents, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who pays the REALTOR fees in Augusta, Georgia?
The seller usually pays the realtor fees for both the listing agent and the buyer's agent in Augusta, GA.
What is the REALTOR commission in Augusta, Georgia?
The realtor commission in Augusta, Georgia is between 5% to 6%.
Who are the best REALTORS in Augusta, GA?
The #1 Realtor in Georgia is Glen Cornwell who provides the best services for home sellers and home buyers through Houzeo's tech. Apart from him, the other good realtors are Natalie Poteete and Justin Bolin.
Related: realtor in Augusta ga, best realtor in Augusta ga, best realtors in Augusta ga, Augusta realtor, realtor Augusta GA, Augusta Georgia realtors, realty Augusta GA,
- Selling a house as is in Augusta: Selling your house involves various steps like pricing, marketing, negotiating, paperwork, etc. Check out our comprehensive guide for selling your house as is in Augusta, GA.
- How to Sell a House by Owner in Georgia: Home sellers who wish to sell their home themselves should know these things before they start. Read to know what steps to take.
- Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Georgia: If you wish to sell your house fast in Georgia, then opt for cash home buyers. Check out the best 11 who can help you!
- Real Estate Websites in Georgia: Home selling can be daunting, but with the right real estate agent you can sell your house at the right price and in the right way. Check out the top agents who can help you!
- Real Estate Agents in Georgia: With the right real estate agent you can sell your house at the right price and in the right way. Check out the top agents who can help you!
- Real Estate Companies in Georgia: Good real estate companies provide modern solutions to the modern home seller. Click to know what they do!