The home prices in Austin increased by 4.5% to reach a median price of $575,450 in August 2022. As home prices increase, so does the commission. Home sellers may require the help of a REALTOR to sell their homes in such a situation.
Here are our rankings of the best REALTORS in Austin, TX who will help you sell the property for the best price without any hassle.
Rankings: 3 Best REALTORS in Austin
|Best REALTORS in Austin||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg. Rating|
|1. Tod Franklin||Full Service REALTOR||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
|2. Ben Caballero||Best for Property Mnagement||✅||✅||4.9 / 5.0|
|3. Matt Menard||Relocation Specialist||✅||✅||4.8 / 5.0|
Reviews: 3 Top REALTORS in Austin
1. Tod Franklin
- Experience: 25+ years
- Realtor in Texas
- 5.0/5.0 (132 reviews)
Why Tod Franklin is #2: Tod Franklin is a Realtor in Texas offering flat fee MLS services and full-service brokerage for residential real estate properties. Tod has over 25 years of experience in technology, finance, and marketing, which makes him a seller favorite.
DFWCityhomes: Tod Franklin’s DFWCityhomes was founded in 2004, when he decided to own and manage real estate. After re-establishing it as a real estate brokerage, Tod realigned the services to focus on a reduced fee model that could compete with the traditional full-service approach to home selling.
For Home Sellers
- List for a Flat Fee of $349: As one of the best Realtors in Texas, Tod can help you list on MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
- 100% Automation: With Houzeo’s technology, Tod can help you manage your listing 100% online. Houzeo Showings for managing showing appointments online, Houzeo Offers for viewing and comparing offers, and Houzeo DigiTransact for closing are some other hi-tech features that Tod can provide you via Houzeo.
- Onsite Consultation: Tod’s team meets you at your home for the initial consultation. They understand your home selling requirements and suggest the best approach for selling your home quickly.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: Tod offers a 1% buyer rebate as an incentive for home buyers. This is subject to certain conditions being met.
- Home Search Feature: Buyers can search for properties by city or county. They can even sort the properties based on price, pictures, and built-up area.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Buyers can even use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate their expenses for purchasing their home.
Our Take: We recommend Tod Franklin as he is one of the most preferred Texas Realtors. His knowledge of the real estate market in Texas, combined with his friendly approach, ensure a smooth real estate journey for his clients.
» Tod Franklin, DFWCityhomes: Check out the services offered by Tod via Houzeo.com
- Tod Franklin has sold 89 properties over the last 12 months in Texas
- Has done over $313 million worth of transactions
- Sold over 901 properties over a period of 15 years
Tod Franklin Realtor: Tod Franklin has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.com.
Realtor Tod Franklin covers the following MLS’ in Texas:
- Metrotex (DFW Area)
- GEPAR (El Paso Area)
- HAR (Houston Area)
- ABOR (Austin Area)
- CCAR (Corpus Christi Area)
- SABOR (San Antonio Area)
- CTX (Central Area)
- GTAR (Tyler Area)
2. Ben Caballero, HomesUSA.com
- Experience: 43+ years
- Realtor in Texas
About: Ben Caballero is a renowned REALTOR in Texas who has over 43 years of experience in real estate. He holds the Guinness World Record for most annual home sale transactions through MLS. He has been ranked as the top real estate agent for a number of years and has deep expertise when it comes to real estate. He specializes in consulting, new home sales, property management, etc.
HomesUSA.com: The platform caters specifically to home builders and manages thousands of MLS listings in major areas in Texas. HomesUSA.com has a tie-up with over 60 home builders. HomesUSA.com help home builders with some of the best marketing tactics based on cutting-edge technology.
For Home Sellers
- Free Price Discrepancy Report: Receive a free price comparison report analysis.
- Marketing Strategies: Marketing tools and customized strategies to help you sell your home which include professional photography, market monitoring, online reports, real-time updates, etc.
For Home Buyers
- Quick Finder: Search for houses with advanced filters like price range, property type, no. of bedrooms, etc.
- Customer Service: The agents are professional, and knowledgeable, and would help their clients find their dream homes.
Our Take: We recommend Ben Caballero has deep expertise when it comes to real estate and experience of 40+ years. His popularity can be derived from the fact that he and his firm has closed over 2,500 sales in the last 12 months as per Zillow.
» Flat Fee MLS Texas: Check out how Houzeo compares to other Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Texas.
- Sold over 2500 properties over the last 12 months in Texas
- First REALTOR to exceed $1 billion and $2 billion in home sales in a single year
- Holds the Guinness World Record for the real estate agent with most home sale transactions in a year
- Most innovative real estate agent by Inman News in 2013
- Named real estate industry influencer in 2017
- Pinnacle award for Real Estate Entrepreneurship in 2014
Ben Caballero has a rating of 4.9 stars out of 5 on Zillow.
Ben Caballero is licensed in Texas and provides his services via HomesUSA.com in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Houston other areas in Texas.
3. Matt Menard, Austin Real Estate Experts
- Experience: 39+ years
- 4.9/5.0 (24 reviews)
About: Matthew Menard is a REALTOR based in Texas. He is the co-founder of Austin Real Estate Experts and has over 39 years of experience in the real estate domain. Menard specializes in relocation, new homes, mortgage lending, and sales management with great expertise as a buyer agent (and listing agent).
Austin Real Estate Experts: Austin Real Estate Experts is a one-stop solution for home sellers and buyers in Austin and nearby areas of Texas. Just like other real estate websites, Austin Real Estate Experts to lists the properties up for grabs. Austin Real Estate Experts has a team of over 30 REALTORS that are inclined towards driving the best results. In a nutshell, if you need to buy or sell your home in Austin or nearby areas, Austin Real Estate Experts could be one of the great options. As per the company, it is digitally advanced with real-time updates of the listings. The website provides market analysis and trends that help customers in their real estate transactions.
For Home Sellers
- Home Valuation: Get a free analysis of your home, find out your home value, refinance, mortgage reduction, etc.
- Advanced Technology: The firm is digitally advanced with real-time updates of the listings. The website provides market analysis and trends that help customers in their real estate transactions.
For Home Buyers
- Digital resource: You have direct access to everything you need to know regarding the current market statistics and listings, etc.
- Search Feature: Listings are updated around the clock so you can access the best deals on time.
Our Take: We recommend Matt as he is highly experienced in the real estate field. He has sold over 400+ properties until now.
- Ranked in Platinum Top 50 agents in Austin
- Among top 1% agents in the US based on production and customer satisfaction
- Recognised by Texas Monthly Magazine as Five Star Agent twice
Matt has a 4.9-star rating on Zillow.
Matt Menard is licensed in Texas. He provides his services through Austin Real Estate Experts in Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Liberty Hill, Georgetown, Sun City Texas, Pflugerville, Dripping Spring, Buda, Kyle, Manor, Lago Vista, Hutto, Burnet, Bertram, Florence, Jarrel, and Lakeway.
What are REALTOR Agents?
REALTOR Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
The designation of a REALTOR in Austin, TX is open to various professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
What is the Average REALTORS Commission in Austin?
The average REALTOR commission in Austin, Texas is typically between 5% and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker vs. REALTORS
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find REALTORS in Austin, TX
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Austin, TX with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
How to Find REALTORS in Austin/b>
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best REALTORS: Check out our rankings of the top REALTORS across the country
Alternatives to Top REALTORS in Austin, TX
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies, you can save thousands of dollars in commissions and take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a REALTOR vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Frequently Asked Questions about REALTORS in Austin, TX
Who pays the REALTOR fees in Texas?
The seller generally pays the REALTOR fees.
What is the average REALTOR commission in Austin, TX?
The average REALTOR commission in Austin is between 5% to 6%.
Who are the best REALTORS in Austin, TX?
The #1 Realtor in Austin, TX is Tod Franklin who provides the best services for home sellers and home buyers through Houzeo's tech. Apart from him, the other good realtors are Ben Caballero and Matt Menard.
Related: hozeo, houszeo, housezo, houzzeo, realtors in austin, realtor in austin, realtors in austin tx, realtor in austin texas, realtor in austin tx, best realtor in austin, realtors in austin texas, top realtors in austin, best realtor in austin tx, best, realtors in austin, best realtors in austin tx, top realtors in austin tx,
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Texas: Home sellers who wish to sell their homes should know these things before they start. Read to know what steps to take.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Texas: If you wish to sell your house fast in Texas, then opt for cash home buyers. Check out the best ones who can help you!
- Real Estate Websites in Texas: Top real estate websites use advanced technology to increase efficiency and reduce the time required for a real estate transaction. Check out the best near you!
- Selling a House As Is In Texas: Know how to sell your Texas home in its existing condition.