The home prices in Baton Rouge increased by 4.8% to reach a median price of $229,000 in August 2022. As home prices increase, so does the commission. Home sellers may require the help of a REALTOR to sell their homes in such a situation.
Here are our rankings of the best REALTORS in Baton Rouge, who will help you sell the property for the best price without any hassle.
Rankings: 3 Best REALTORS in Baton Rouge
|Best REALTORS in Baton Rouge||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg. Rating|
|1. Jared Andrew English||Full Service REALTOR||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
|2. Scott Gaspard||Relocation Specialist||✅||❌||5.0 / 5.0|
|3. Trey Willard||Foreclosure Specialist||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
Reviews: 3 Top REALTORS in Baton Rouge
1. Jared Andrew English
BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE
J. Andrew English
About: Jared Andrew English is a Realtor who specializes in residential real estate online. He is well-known for his professional knowledge in negotiations, staging, and pricing. He has extensive experience in selling his own investment properties across the Western United States.
Congress Realty: Founded by Jared English in 2002, Congress Realty is a licensed MLS real estate brokerage operating in Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
For Home Sellers
- Save Thousands in Commissions: Congress Realty offers MLS listing packages for a small flat fee. You can save thousands in agent commissions. If your buyer is unrepresented, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
- Maximum Exposure: Listings get syndicated to the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
- Cutting-edge Technology: Through Houzeo.com’s advanced features, Jared can offer you 100% online listing management, online showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Search: You can search for features properties and FSBO listings on the website.
- Direct Contact: Contact the seller directly on Houzeo.com instead of going through a real estate agent.
- Closing Cost Calculator: You can use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate your expenses in purchasing your home.
Our Take: We recommend Jared as he has excellent reviews with multiple 5-star ratings under his belt. With over 19 years of experience, Jared is a pro in getting his clients the best deals.
» Jared English, Congress Realty: Check out the services offered by Jared via Houzeo.com
- Excellent customer service
- Offers his services for a very small flat fee, saving you thousands of dollars in commission
- All his services via Houzeo are 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
Andrew English, Congress Realty: Find out more about Jared Andrew English
Congress Realty Reviews: Jared English has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.com.
Congress Realty, Jared English offers services in 12 states and covers the following MLS’:
- Alaska MLS-AK
- Arizona Regional MLS-AZ
- Central Arizona BOR MLS-AZ
- Lake Havasu MLS – AZ-AZ
- MLS of Southern Arizona-AZ
- Northern Arizona AOR MLS-AZ
- Prescott AOR MLS-AZ
- Sedona-Verde Valley Association of REALTORS MLS-AZ
- Western Arizona Realtor Data Exchange WARDEX MLS-AZ
- White Mountain AOR MLS-AZ
- Yuma MLS-AZ
- California Regional MLS-CA
- MetroList MLS-CA
- Coeur d’Alene MLS-ID
- Intermountain MLS-ID
- Snake River MLS-ID
- Utah Real Estate MLS-ID
- New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors (NOMAR) MLS-LA
- Billings AOR MLS-MT
- Montana Regional MLS-MT
- Greater Las Vegas AOR (GLVAR) MLS-NV
- Northern Nevada Regional MLS-NV
- Greater Albuquerque AOR (SWMLS) MLS-NM
- Las Cruces AOR MLS-NM (Southern New Mexico Multiple Listing Service)
- Realtors Association of New Mexico MLS-NM
- Santa FE MLS-NM
- Regional MLS-OR
- ABOR MLS-TX
- Central Texas MLS-TX
- EL Paso MLS-TX
- HAR MLS-TX
- NTREIS MLS-TX
- SABOR MLS-TX
- Utah Real Estate MLS-UT
- Northwest MLS-WA
- Regional MLS-WA
- Spokane MLS-WA
2. Scott Gaspard, RE/MAX Realty
Why Scott Gaspard is #2: Scott Gaspard is a REALTOR in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He has been providing real estate services for the past 24 years. He specializes in residential, relocation, consulting, etc. He is a senior REALTOR partner at REMAX First.
REMAX Realty: REMAX Realty is a full-service real estate company serving the needs of residential and commercial clients. From a single office that opened in 1973 in Denver, RE/MAX has grown into one of the leading global real estate franchisors with over 135,000 agents in more than 115 countries and territories.
For Home Sellers
- Automated Valuation Model (AVM): An AVM is a computer-generated program that determines a home’s value using historical, open-source sales data and trends. See the AVM estimates for your home by entering an address.
- Free Comparative Market Analysis Report: A free report created specifically by one of their representatives compares your house to recently sold or similarly priced properties in your community.
For Home Buyers
- Mobile App: Use the convenience of your smartphone or tablet to search all local properties, save searches for later, and bookmark homes you like. The app syncs in real-time to your account, make sure your settings are available at all times.
- Interactive Map Search: Choosing a location is crucial when buying a house. View properties in or close to the area you adore by using the website’s map search.
Our Take: We recommend Scott because of his expertise in the real estate field. Scott has helped thousands of clients to buy or sell their properties.
» Flat Fee MLS in Louisiana: Check out how Houzeo compares to other Flat Fee MLS listing services in Louisiana.
- Certified Residential Specialist
- Accredited Buyer Representative & Seller Representative Specialist
Scott has a 5-star rating on Zillow.
Scott Gaspard is licensed in Louisiana and provides his services in Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Prairieville, Gonzales, Zachary, and Walker.
3. Trey Willard, Keller Williams Realty
Why Trey Willard is #3: Trey Willard is a REALTOR in Baton Rouge. He specializes in foreclosure, consulting, and negotiating. Trey has been serving in the real estate field since 12+ years.
Keller Williams Realty: A Texas-based company, Keller Williams operates all across the United States. By the number of agents, it is the biggest real estate technology franchise worldwide. It employs 200,000 people and has more than 1,100 offices. The company has a culture that is centered on education and technology.
For Home Sellers
- Local Experts: The team advises you on everything from pricing to developing advertising campaigns for print and online media, and designing a strategy that will match your house with the appropriate purchasers at the right price.
- Home Valuation: Get your home the correct valuation and also a comparative analysis so, that you get to ask for the best price possible.
For Home Buyers
- Wide Search Feature: With the map tool, buyers may search for properties in the areas they are interested in because location plays a significant role in the home purchasing process. They can search for surrounding neighborhoods, schools, etc.
- Mobile App: The mobile application helps you add search filters like price, neighborhood, number of beds, open houses, and more like save searches and listings, including notes or added property photos, across all your devices.
Our Take: We recommend Trey Willard as he has extensive knowledge and is recommended by his clients for his marketing and negotiating skills. Trey has sold over 280 properties in the last 12 months.
» Sell your House Fast in Baton Rouge: Check out how you sell your Baton Rouge house quickly!
- REO Specialist
- Listing Specialist
- Sold over 1151 properties until now
Trey has a 5-star rating on Zillow.
Trey Willard is licensed in Louisiana and provides his services through Keller Williams Realty in Baton Rouge, Zachery, Walker, etc.
What are REALTOR Agents?
REALTOR Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
For becoming a licensed member of the NAR, a real estate agent or broker has to be a certified member of a local REALTOR association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
The designation of a REALTOR in Baton Rouge is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average REALTORS Commission in Baton Rouge?
The average REALTOR commission in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is typically between 5% and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the US!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker vs. REALTORS
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find REALTORS in Baton Rouge
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Baton Rouge REALTOR who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find REALTORS in Baton Rouge
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best REALTORS: Check out our rankings of the top REALTORS across the country
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top REALTORS in Baton Rouge
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can save thousands of dollars in commissions and take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a REALTOR vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions about REALTORS in Baton Rouge
What is the average REALTOR commission in Baton Rouge?
The average REALTOR commission in Baton Rouge is between 5% to 6%.
Who pays the REALTOR fees in Baton Rougue?
The seller generally pays the REALTOR fees.
Who are the best REALTORS in Baton Rouge, LA?
The #1 Realtor in Baton Rouge, LA is Jared Andrew English who provides the best services for home sellers and home buyers through Houzeo's tech. Apart from him, the other good realtors are Scott Gaspard and Trey Willard.
Related: realtor baton rouge, realtor com baton rouge, baton rouge realtors, realtor com baton rouge, realtors in baton rouge, houszeo, hozeo, housezo, houzzeo, greater baton rouge association of realtors, realtors baton rouge, realtor com baton rouge la
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Louisiana: Home sellers who wish to sell their home themselves should know these things before they start. Read to know what steps to take.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Louisiana: If you wish to sell your house fast in Louisiana, then opt for cash home buyers. Check out the best 7 who can help you!
- Real Estate Market in Louisiana: Are you planning to buy/sell a house in Louisiana? Get updated with the state of Louisiana real estate market with us to take a sound decision.
- Selling a House As Is: Know how you can sell your Louisiana home in its existing condition.