The home prices in Cape May, NJ decreased by 33.6% to reach an average price of $485,000 in August 2022. Home sellers may require the help of a REALTOR to sell their homes in such a situation. Here are our rankings of the best REALTORS in Cape May, NJ who will help you sell the property for the best price without any hassle.
Reviews: Best REALTORS in Cape May, NJ
1. Chris Carr
Chris Carr is Houzeo’s partner listing broker and REALTOR. He provides an unbeatable combination of best-in-class savings, 5-star customer support and cutting-edge technology through Houzeo.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $349+: This is the most basic MLS package. It has a time period of 6 months and lets you to upload up to 24 photos. It also allows you to make unlimited changes to your listing.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum Package – $999+: This is a virtual full-service package. It lets you list your property for 1 year with maximum photos. It also includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: Chris Carr is our top pick as a REALTOR because his services deliver an unbeatable combination of savings and tech features to home sellers and home buyers.
Chris Carr is the owner of Simple Choice Realty. He is partnered with Houzeo to provide top-notch real estate services to his clients.
- Prompt Services: Chris and his team are known for their responsiveness. They promptly address their client’s needs and strive hard for the best possible outcome.
- Maximum Exposure: By listing with Chris, your MLS listing will be syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites. With Houzeo’s social media share feature, you’ll even be able to post your listing on various social media apps.
- Buyer Rebate: When you buy with Chris and his team, they will rebate 1% of the buyer agent commission.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: You get access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
- Transaction Side: Chris has completed 407 sales in the last 12 months.
- #1 on Real Trends by sales volume.
- Board of Directors for the Montgomery County Association of Realtors.
We found no red flags with Chris Carr. Chris has a stellar reputation within the REALTOR community.
Chris Carr Realtor: Chris Carr has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 42 total reviews on Zillow.
What are REALTOR Agents?
REALTOR Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
For becoming a licensed member of the NAR, a real estate agent or broker has to be a certified member of a local REALTOR association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
The designation of REALTORS in Cape may, NJ is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counsellors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average REALTOR Commission in Cape May, NJ?
The average REALTOR commission in Cape May is typically between 5% and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the US!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker vs. REALTORS
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find REALTORS in Cape may, NJ
Home sellers can find the right REALTORS in Cape May, NJ with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Cape may REALTOR who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find REALTORS in Cape May
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best REALTORS: Check out our rankings of the top REALTORS across the country
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top REALTORS in Cape May, NJ
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can save thousands of dollars in commissions and take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a REALTOR vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions about REALTORS in Cape May, NJ
What are the real estate commission rates in New Jersey?
The average commission rate for listing agents is 2.63% of the final home price and 2.50% for buyer's agents, for a total of 5.13%.
Who pays the REALTOR fees in New Jersey?
The SELLER pays the REALTOR fees in New Jersey.
How is the current real estate market in New Jersey?
In October 2022, home prices in New-Jersey were up 7.8% compared to last year, selling for a median price of $442,500.
Related: realtors in cape may nj, realtors cape may nj, realtors in cape may new jersey, cape may nj real estate, cape may realtors, cape may nj realtors, houses for sale in cape may nj, real estate cape may nj, cape may realtors, homes for sale in cape may nj, realtor cape may nj, cape may nj realtor, cape may nj homes for sale, homes for sale cape may nj, realtor cape may nj, cape may realtor, hozeo, houszeo, housezo, houzzeo
- Selling a House As Is in New Jersey: Selling your house involves various steps like pricing, marketing, negotiating, paperwork, etc. Check out our comprehensive guide for selling your house as is in New Jersey.
- How to Sell a House By Owner in New Jersey: Home sellers who wish to sell their homes should know these things before they start. Read to know what steps to take.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in New Jersey: If you wish to sell your house fast in New Jersey, then opt for cash home buyers. Check out the best ones who can help you!
- Real Estate Companies in New Jersey: Good real estate companies provide modern solutions to the modern home seller. Click to know what they do!
- Real Estate Websites in New Jersey: Top real estate websites use advanced technology to increase efficiency and reduce the time required for a real estate transaction. Check out the best near you!