The home prices in Columbus increased by 43.6% to reach an average price of $187,000 in August 2022. As home prices increase, so does the commission. Home sellers may require the help of a REALTOR to sell their homes in such a situation.
Here are our rankings of the best REALTORS in Columbus, GA who will help you sell the property for the best price without any hassle.
Rankings: 3 Best REALTORS in Columbus, GA
|Best REALTORS in Columbus||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg. Rating|
|1. Daniel Demers||Full Service REALTOR|
|2. Kim Mixon||Best for First-Time Home Buyers|
|3. Tiffiney Graham||Best for Home Sellers|
Reviews: 3 Top REALTORS in Columbus, GA
1. Daniel Demers
Why Daniel Demers is #1: Daniel (Dan) Demers is a Realtor licensed in 10 states. He has 13+ years of experience practicing the flat-fee MLS model. He even offers virtual full-service real estate services at a low commission.
Sell Your Home Services LLC: Sell Your Home Services, Dan Demers’ real estate company offers MLS listing packages for a one-time, flat rate.
For Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Listing: Through Sell Your Home Services, Daniel Demers offers a flat fee MLS listing package, which helps sellers list their house on the MLS for a flat fee and save thousands of dollars in agent commissions.
- Customer Support: Known for their excellent customer service, a quarter of Sell Your Home Services business comes from client referrals.
- Full Automation: Powered by Houzeo.com, Daniel Demers can help you manage your listing 100% online. With Houzeo Showings, you can deal with showing appointments online. You can even use Houzeo Offers for viewing and comparing offers, and Houzeo’s Settlement Agent Platform for closing.
For Home Buyers
- Schedule Showings: Home buyers can schedule showings on Sell Your Home Services’ website by adding the property address and their contact information.
- Submit an Offer: Buyers can even make an offer to the seller on Houzeo.com, provided the seller has listed their property via Dan Demers on Houzeo.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Buyers can use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate their expenses for purchasing their home.
Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his expertise in multiple real estate markets across the country. Working in partnership with Houzeo.com, he is focused on using technology to improve the home buyer and seller experience.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
- Dan Demers Realtor is the founder of Sell Your Home Services which offers MLS listing packages for a one-time, flat rate.
- He is currently a licensed broker in 10 states.
- He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services: Daniel Demers has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.
Dan Demers offers his services in 10 states and covers the following MLS’:
- Birmingham MLS (GALMLS)-AL
- Mobile County MLS-AL
- Montgomery Area AOR MLS-AL
- Arizona Regional MLS-AZ
- Western Arizona Realtor Data Exchange WARDEX MLS-AZ
- BRIGHT MLS-DE
- Georgia (GA) MLS-GA
- Greater Augusta MLS (GAAR)
- Greater Chattanooga AOR MLS-GA
- Northeast Georgia MLS-GA
- MREIS IDX MLS-ME
- Greater Capital Association of Realtors (Global) MLS-NY
- New York State Alliance of MLS’s (NYSAMLS)
- OneKey MLS-NY
- Canopy MLS-NC
- Fayetteville MLS-NC (LPRMLS – Longleaf Pine Realtors MLS)
- Northeast Georgia MLS-NC
- BRIGHT MLS-PA
- Lehigh Valley MLS-PA
- Pocono MLS-PA
- West Penn MLS-PA
- Canopy MLS-SC
- Charleston Trident MLS-SC
- Coastal Carolina AOR MLS-SC
- Consolidated MLS-SC
- Greenville MLS-SC
- Pee Dee MLS-SC
- Western Upstate MLS-SC
- Western Upstate MLS-SC
- Greater Chattanooga AOR MLS-TN
- Knoxville (KAARMLS)-TN
- Memphis MLS (MAARMLS)-TN
- Nashville (RealTracs Mid) MLS-TN
2. Kim Mixon, Kim Mixon Real Estate Team
BEST FOR FIRST-TIME BUYERS
Kim Mixon is a licensed REALTOR in Georgia. She is the founder of the Kim Mixon Real Estate Team and has been offering real estate services in the local market for the past 19 years.
You can expect to pay the full commission of 5% – 6% if you choose to sell or buy with Kim.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Kim for her professionalism and her top-notch customer service.
Kim Mixon is a specialist in home staging. She is known to be extremely responsive to her client’s needs.
- Top Rated Customer Experience: Kim and her team are known for being extremely responsive. Their customer support is one of a kind – providing timely support and guidance to their clients.
- Transaction Side: Kim has sold 115 properties in the last 12 months.
- Fast Expert Top 10 Agent
- Featured in Fleet Feet Columbus
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Kim Mixon. She has a stellar reputation within the REALTORS community.
Kim Mixon Realtor: Kim Mixon has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 69 total reviews on Zillow.
3. Tiffiney Graham, Keller Williams Realty River Cities
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Why Tiffiney Graham is #3: Tiffiney Graham is a REALTOR in Columbus, GA. She has been providing real estate services for 18 years. Graham has helped hundreds of individuals and families buy or sell their homes. She specializes in short sales, relocation, luxury homes, estate sales, etc.
Keller Williams Realty River Cities: Keller Williams Realty is a well-known international real estate company that also happens to be the largest residential real estate firm in the United States of America. It is spread globally, operating in 980+ locations. It stands #1 in agent count and sales volume.
For Home Sellers
Advanced Marketing: With the best marketing tools and strategies, get your house top-tier exposure.
Home Valuation: Get your home the correct valuation and also a comparative analysis so, that you get to ask for the best price possible.
For Home Buyers
Wide search: With the map tool, buyers may search for properties in the areas they are interested in because the location is an important factor in the home purchasing process.
Specific Features: With its advanced features, such as year built, garage spaces, etc., you can search for a property you prefer. They are dedicated to giving you prompt, courteous assistance so you can comprehend and feel comfortable during the entire home-buying process.
Our Take: We recommend Tiffiney Graham as she has been serving in the real estate industry in Columbus since 2004, which makes her the local expert. She has sold over 1095 properties until now.
» How To Sell My House Fast In Georgia: Check out our comprehensive guide on selling a house fast in Georgia.
- Top Realtor at Keller Williams Realty River Cities
- Lifetime Circle of Excellence
- Top Sales Agent 2012 – 2019
Tiffiney has a 5-star rating on Zillow.
Tiffiney is licensed in Georgia. She provides her services through Keller Williams Realty in Columbus, Cataula, Ellerslie, Fort Mitchell, Fortson, Hamilton, Midland, Pine Mountain, Salem, and Waverly Hall.
What are REALTOR Agents?
REALTOR Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
For becoming a licensed member of the NAR, a real estate agent or broker has to be a certified member of a local REALTOR association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
The designation of a REALTOR in Columbus, GA is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average REALTOR Commission in Columbus, GA?
The average REALTOR commission in Columbus is typically between 5% and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the US!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker vs. REALTORS
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find REALTORS in Columbus, Georgia
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Columbus, GA with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Columbus REALTOR who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find REALTORS in Columbus
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best REALTORS: Check out our rankings of the top REALTORS across the country
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top REALTORS in Columbus, GA
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can save thousands of dollars in commissions and take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a REALTOR vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions about REALTORS in Columbus GA
What is the REALTOR commission in Columbus, Georgia?
The realtor commission in Columbus, Georgia is between 5% to 6%.
Are real estate commissions negotiable in Columbus, GA?
Yes, REALTORS commissions are negotiable in Columbus, GA. It's a good idea to look around and try to get a lower rate.
Who are the best REALTORS in Columbus, GA?
The #1 Realtor in Columbus, Georgia is Daniel Demers who provides the best services for home sellers and home buyers through Houzeo's tech. Apart from him, the other good realtors are Kim Mixon and Tiffiney Graham.
- Selling a House As Is in Georgia: Selling your house involves various steps like pricing, marketing, negotiating, paperwork, etc. Check out our comprehensive guide for selling your house as is in Georgia
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Georgia: Home sellers who wish to sell their home themselves should know these things before they start. Read to know what steps to take.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Georgia: If you wish to sell your house fast in Georgia, then opt for cash home buyers. Check out the best 11 who can help you!
- Real Estate Agents in Georgia: Home selling can be daunting, but with the right real estate agent you can sell your house at the right price and in the right way. Check out the top agents who can help you!
- Real Estate Companies in Georgia: Good real estate companies provide modern solutions to the modern home seller. Click to know what they do!
- Real Estate Websites in Georgia: Top real estate websites use advanced technology to increase efficiency and reduce the time required for a real estate transaction. Check out the best near you!
Related: columbus ga realtors, realtor in columbus ga, realtors columbus ga, columbus georgia realtors, realtor columbus ga, realtor companies in columbus ga, columbus ga realtor, best realtors in Columbus, top realtors in columbusUncategorized