» Jump To: Rankings: Top 3 Realtors in Danville | Reviews: Best Realtors in Danville | What are REALTOR Agents? | What is the Average REALTOR Commission? | Realtor vs. Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker | How to Find a REALTOR? | Final Word | FAQs
The median home prices in Danville, VA is $65000 in 2022. As the Virginia market is cooling down, the best time to buy houses is now!
Here are our rankings of the best REALTORS in Danville, VA who will help you sell your property for the best price without any hassle.
Rankings: 3 Best Realtors in Danville, VA
|Best REALTORS in Florence||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg. Rating|
|1. Glen Cornwell||Best Overall||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
|2. Elizabeth Ware||Best for Home Buyers||✅||❌||5.0 / 5.0|
|3. Cindy Zook||Relocation Specialist||✅||❌||4.9 / 5.0|
Reviews: 3 Top Realtors in Danville, VA
1. Glen Cornwell
- Experience: 20+ years
- 5.0/5.0 (211 Reviews)
About: Glen Cornwell, a REALTOR with 20 years of experience in the industry, is licensed to practice in 6 states and has sold over 1000 properties in the past few years.
Cornwell Properties: Glen Cornwell’s Cornwell Properties is a real estate agency, which specializes mainly in luxury, relocation, resales, new construction, and investment properties.
For Home Sellers
- List for a Flat Fee of $349: Glen Cornwell offers MLS listing packages through Houzeo.com for a small flat fee. You can save thousands in agent commissions. If your buyer is unrepresented, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
- Full Automation: Powered by Houzeo.com, Glen can help you manage your listing 100% online. With Houzeo Showings, you can deal with showing appointments online. you can even use Houzeo Offers for viewing and comparing offers, and Houzeo DigiTransact for closing.
- Maximum Exposure: Your MLS listing will be syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites. With Houzeo’s social media share feature, you’ll even be able to post your listing on various social media apps.
For Home Buyers
- Home Search Feature: Buyers can search for properties by city or county. They can even sort the properties based on price, pictures, and built-up area.
- Submit an Offer: Buyers can even make an offer to the seller on Houzeo.com, provided the seller has listed their property via Glen Cornwell on Houzeo.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Buyers can even use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate their expenses for purchasing their home.
Our Take: We recommend Glen Cornwell because he can help make the home sale journey easy for the sellers by providing fully automated services and help them save the listing agent commission.
Glen Cornwell, Cornwell Properties: Check out the services provided by Glen via Houzeo.com
- Record of 180+ sales in a year
- An expert of resales and re-location deals
- He has 500+ connections in real estate across the United States
Glen Cornwell, Realtor: Glen has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.com.
Glen Cornwell is a Realtor in 6 states across the US and covers the following MLS’:
- Denver (RE Colorado) MLS – CO
- Georgia MLS + First MLS – GA
- Georgia MLS – GA
- Bright MLS – MD
- Michigan Regional Information Center, LLC (MICHRIC) MLS – MI
- Northern Great Lakes MLS – MI
- Realcomp MLS – MI
- Saginaw MLS – MI
- Outer Banks Association of REALTORS MLS – NC
- Canopy MLS – NC
- Georgia MLS – NC
- NC Regional MLS – NC
- Triangle MLS – NC
- BRIGHT MLS – VA
- Central Virginia Regional MLS – VA
- Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors MLS – VA
- Hampton Roads REIN MLS – VA
- REIN MLS + CVR MLS – VA
- Roanoke Valley Association of Realtors (RVAR) MLS – VA
- Williamsburg Area Association of Realtors MLS – VA
2. Elizabeth Ware, Elizabeth Ware Realtors
- Experience: 18+ Years
- 5.0/5.0 (74 Reviews)
Why Elizabeth Ware is #2: Elizabeth Ware is a Realtor from Danville, Virginia. Elizabeth has been providing her real estate services in Danville for the past 18 years. She specializes in home buying, land, and new construction properties. Her knowledge of the industry and experience in the field makes her the local expert.
Elizabeth Ware Realtors: Elizabeth Ware started Elizabeth Ware Realtors recently. She worked with Wilkins & Company for over 10 years and 7 years with Ramsey Yeatts & Associates. Elizabeth and her team work together to provide their clients with the best services.
- Marketing: In order to obtain the best offers possible for their customers, Elizabeth Ware Realtors offers market analysis and negotiation techniques to house sellers.
- Customer Experience: Clients highly suggest Elizabeth’s team due to their great communication and subject matter expertise.
- Search: The ‘Search’ feature on the website gives home buyers a virtual tour of the area they are looking to buy.
- Educating: Providing clients with information will enable them to prepare for the entire home-buying process and avoid being taken off guard.
Our Take: We recommend Elizabeth because she has been providing her services in Danville for the past 17 years, which makes her the local expert! Also, she sold over 453 properties.
» Flat Fee MLS in Virginia: Check out how Houzeo compares other Flat Fee MLS Listings in Virginia!
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative
- Featured on Star Tribune News
Elizabeth Ware has a 5-star rating on Zillow.
Elizabeth is licensed in Virginia and provides her services through Elizabeth Ware Realtors in Danville, Blairs, Chatham, and Brosville.
3. Cindy Zook, Hauser Realty Group
- Experience: 14+ Years
- 4.9/5.0 (42 Reviews)
Why Cindy Zook is #3: Cindy Zook is a Realtor from Danville, Virginia. She has over 14 years of experience in the real estate industry. She specializes in relocation, first-time home buyers, lake properties, and staging.
Hauser Realty Group: Hauser Realty Group provides services in residential, commercial, and listing services. Hauser Realty Group is based in Danville, Virginia.
For Home Sellers
- Compare My Home: This feature is designed to help people compare similar homes and decide their home pricing for sale accordingly.
- Guidance: The Hauser team will help you every step of the way, from giving you advice on how much to ask for your house to promoting it with other real estate agents, assisting you in the negotiating stage, and assisting you with closing fees.
For Home Buyers
- Property Search: Home buyers can utilize the property search feature on Hauser Realty’s website to look at a variety of properties and store their favorites for later use.
- Customer Service: Customers are assisted by Hauser’s Realtors throughout the entire home-buying process, including the search for the ideal house, offers, and negotiation.
Our Take: We recommend Cindy Zook as she specializes in relocation and first-time home buyers, with her knowledge and experience she provides seamless services to her clients and is recommended by many customers for advice and professionalism.
» Flat Fee MLS in Virginia: Check out how Houzeo compares to other Flat Fee MLS Listings in Virginia.
- A certified strategic pricing specialist
- 2010 and 2012 Rave Award for favorite Realtor
- Awarded for Honour Society in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
Cindy Zook is rated 4.9/5.0 on Zillow.
Cindy Zook is licensed in Virginia and North Carolina. She provides her services through Hauser Realty Group in Danville.
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
The designation of a Realtor in Danville, VA is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Danville, VA?
The average Realtor commission in Danville, VA is typically between 5% and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the US!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker vs. REALTORS in Danville, VA
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in Danville, VA
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Danville, VA with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
How to Find Realtors in Danville
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best REALTORS: Check out our rankings of the top REALTORS across the country
Alternatives to Top Realtors in Danville, Virginia
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee real estate agents, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are REALTORS commissions negotiable in Danville, Virginia?
Yes, REALTORS commissions are negotiable in Danville, Virginia. It is always a good idea to look for a more low rate.
What percentage do most REALTORS charge in Danville, VA?
Realtor Commission in Danville, VA is 3% for the listing agent and 2.5%-3% for the buyer agent.
Who pays Realtor fees in Danville, Virginia?
Sellers pay for the REALTOR fees in Danville, Virginia.
Related: realtors in Danville, Danville realtors, realtors Danville VA, realty Danville VA, realtor Danville VA, real estate companies in Danville VA, Danville VA real estate, Danville VA realtors, real estate in Danville VA, Danville VA real estate agents
Additional Resources for Home Sellers
Selling your house involves various steps like pricing, marketing, negotiating, paperwork, etc. Check out our comprehensive guide for how to sell your house Fast in Virginia
Home sellers who wish to sell their home themselves should know these things before they start. Read to know what steps to take.
If you wish to sell your house fast in Virginia, then opt for cash home buyers. Check out the top 5 who can help you!
Home selling can be daunting, but with the right real estate agent you can sell your house at the right price and in the right way. Check out the top agents who can help you!
Top real estate websites use advanced technology to increase efficiency and reduce time required for a real estate transaction. Check out the best near you!
Good real estate companies provide modern solutions to the modern home seller. Click to know what they do!