The median home price in Delaware increased by 16.4% in August 2022 to reach $396,100. High prices mean sellers have to pay hefty commissions. In such a case, a home seller may struggle to sell their home without help. With our rankings of the best REALTORS in Delaware, you can find the right individual for a smooth and hassle-free real estate transaction.
Reviews: Top REALTOR in Delaware
1. Dan Demers
Why Daniel Demers is #1: Daniel (Dan) Demers is a Realtor licensed in 10 states. He has 13+ years of experience practicing the flat-fee MLS model. He even offers virtual full-service real estate services at a low commission.
Sell Your Home Services LLC: Sell Your Home Services, Dan Demers’ real estate company offers MLS listing packages for a one-time, flat rate.
For Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Listing: Through Sell Your Home Services, Daniel Demers offers a flat fee MLS listing package, which helps sellers list their house on the MLS for a flat fee and save thousands of dollars in agent commissions.
- Customer Support: Known for their excellent customer service, a quarter of Sell Your Home Services business comes from client referrals.
- Full Automation: Powered by Houzeo.com, Daniel Demers can help you manage your listing 100% online. With Houzeo Showings, you can deal with showing appointments online. You can even use Houzeo Offers for viewing and comparing offers, and Houzeo’s Settlement Agent Platform for closing.
For Home Buyers
- Schedule Showings: Home buyers can schedule showings on Sell Your Home Services’ website by adding the property address and their contact information.
- Submit an Offer: Buyers can even make an offer to the seller on Houzeo.com, provided the seller has listed their property via Dan Demers on Houzeo.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Buyers can use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate their expenses for purchasing their home.
Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his expertise in multiple real estate markets across the country. Working in partnership with Houzeo.com, he is focused on using technology to improve the home buyer and seller experience.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
- Dan Demers Realtor is the founder of Sell Your Home Services which offers MLS listing packages for a one-time, flat rate.
- He is currently a licensed broker in 10 states.
- He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services: Daniel Demers has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.
Dan Demers offers his services in 10 states and covers the following MLS’:
- Birmingham MLS (GALMLS)-AL
- Mobile County MLS-AL
- Montgomery Area AOR MLS-AL
- Arizona Regional MLS-AZ
- Western Arizona Realtor Data Exchange WARDEX MLS-AZ
- BRIGHT MLS-DE
- Georgia (GA) MLS-GA
- Greater Augusta MLS (GAAR)
- Greater Chattanooga AOR MLS-GA
- Northeast Georgia MLS-GA
- MREIS IDX MLS-ME
- Greater Capital Association of Realtors (Global) MLS-NY
- New York State Alliance of MLS’s (NYSAMLS)
- OneKey MLS-NY
- Canopy MLS-NC
- Fayetteville MLS-NC (LPRMLS – Longleaf Pine Realtors MLS)
- Northeast Georgia MLS-NC
- BRIGHT MLS-PA
- Lehigh Valley MLS-PA
- Pocono MLS-PA
- West Penn MLS-PA
- Canopy MLS-SC
- Charleston Trident MLS-SC
- Coastal Carolina AOR MLS-SC
- Consolidated MLS-SC
- Greenville MLS-SC
- Pee Dee MLS-SC
- Western Upstate MLS-SC
- Western Upstate MLS-SC
- Greater Chattanooga AOR MLS-TN
- Knoxville (KAARMLS)-TN
- Memphis MLS (MAARMLS)-TN
- Nashville (RealTracs Mid) MLS-TN
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
The designation of a Realtor in Delaware is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Delaware?
The average Realtor commission in Delaware is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the U.S
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $229!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
REALTOR vs. Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in Delaware?
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Delaware with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Delaware Realtor who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find Realtors in Delaware
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best Realtors: Here are the top REALTORS in the US you should know!
Alternatives to Top Realtors
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Homie||$3500 flat fee|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate agents.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check out our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee real estate agents, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Check out some of the Houzeo reviews and how it has helped customers around the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
- Selling a House By Owner in Delaware: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House in Delaware
- Selling a House As Is in Delaware: If you want to sell your house without incurring any repair charges, then check out this blog on the ‘as-is’ approach.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Delaware: Best Cash Companies in Delaware help you maximize your profits!
- Low Commission Real Estate Agents: Sell your home with the best REALTORS at a low commission.
- Closing Costs: What are closing costs? See what are the typical closing costs and find out whether closing costs are negotiable.
- Closing Costs for Buyers: What are the closing costs as a buyer? Check whether buyer closing costs are tax deductible.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Delaware: We’ve ranked the top discount brokers in Delaware
- For Sale By Owner Contract Delaware: Check out how to create a contract for an FSBO transaction in Delaware.
Related: realtor Delaware, realtor de, realtor in Delaware, realtors Delaware, realtor commission Delaware, de realtors, Delaware licensed realtors, top realtors Delaware, licensed realtors in Delaware, realtor commission in Delaware, best realtor in Delaware, realtor lookup Delaware, realtor percentage in Delaware, luxury realtors in Delaware, average realtor commission Delaware, who pays realtor commission in Delaware, how much is the realtor commission in Delaware, realtor fees Delaware, realtor In Delaware,
Related: Delaware realtors, Delaware realtors, best Delaware realtors, Delaware realtor, de real estate, ralph harvey list with freedom, list with freedom ralph harvey, ralph harvey listwithfreedom.com, ralph harvey listwithfreedom.com inc, top delaware realtors, top realtor in delaware, ashley cusack zillow, kathleen williams realtor, ashley cusack bhhs ewm realty, tricia priest coldwell banker, kathleen williams realtor Baltimore, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, fizber reviews, best time to sell a home in delaware, staging your home to sell, home staging companies in delaware, what are average closing costs in delaware, sellers closing costs Delaware, seller closing cost calculator Delaware, title insurance delaware, delaware home inspection, delaware mortgage lenders, preapproval mortgage, fsbo de, flipping houses in delaware, delaware real estate market