The Delaware housing market is finally cooling off. The process can be overwhelming if you’re looking for a home or getting ready to sell your own. With our rankings of the 5 best REALTORS in Delaware, you can find the right one for a smooth and hassle-free real estate transaction.
- A REALTOR is a licensed real estate professional who is also a member of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
- All REALTORS are real estate agents, but all real estate agents are not REALTORS.
- REALTORS typically charge a 6% commission.
- You can SAVE thousands in commissions with Flat Fee MLS Listings and Discount Real Estate Brokers.
Reviews: 5 Best REALTORS in Delaware
1. Dan Demers
BEST FLAT FEE REALTOR
Daniel Demers is a Flat Fee REALTOR licensed in 10 states. He offers virtual full-service packages via Houzeo.
For Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Listing – $199+: Sellers can list on MLS with Dan for a flat fee and save thousands of dollars in commissions.
- Full Automation: Powered by Houzeo.com, Dan Demers can help you manage your listing 100% online.
- Showings: Sellers can set up their own showing calendars, and manage showings easily.
For Home Buyers
- Submit an Offer/Counteroffer: Buyers can make an offer on properties listed on Houzeo.com.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Buyers can use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate closing expenses.
- Mark as Favorites: Buyers can mark their searches as favorites via the mobile app.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his prompt customer service and knowledge in more than ten real estate markets.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
Daniel Demers has 5.0 stars out of 5.0 ratings on Houzeo.
» Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services: Find out what customers are saying about Dan Demers Realtor.
👍 Wide Coverage: Dan Demers offers flat fee broker services in 10 states: Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
👍 Rankings of Local Agents: In case Dan doesn’t cover your zip code, you can consider other local agents in the area –
2. Katina Geralis
Katina Geralis is a REALTOR licensed in Delaware and Pennsylvania. She specializes in short sales and relocation. Katina is affiliated with eXp Realty.
For Home Sellers
- Free CMA Report: Katina and his team offer a free comparative market analysis and home evaluation report that would include home equity, refinance and mortgage reduction, and much more!
For Home Buyers
- Access to Data: Receive access to the latest market data, providing you invaluable insights into the real market value and stability so you can make the best investment decision, stress-free.
👉 Our take: We recommend Katina because of her extensive knowledge of the local real estate market and she is recommended by clients for providing top-notch service.
» Flat Fee MLS Delaware: Check out the best flat fee MLS listing service in Delaware
Transaction Sides: Katina has sold 112+ properties in the past 12 months.
- Has sold more than 1000 homes until now
- $60 million closed in sales
Katina has a 5-star rating out of 5.0 on Zillow
👎Coverage: Katina is licensed in Delaware and Pennsylvania and provides her services via eXp Realty.
👍Rankings of Local Realtor Agents: In case Katina doesn’t cover your zip code, you can consider other local agents in the area-
3. Madeline Dobbs
BEST FOR LUXURY PROPERTIES
Madeline Dobbs is a REALTOR licensed in Delaware. She specializes in luxury properties and staging. Madeline is affiliated with Compass Realty.
For Home Sellers
- Concierge Program: Compass concierge is a program that offers other value additions to your property like home staging, painting, and renovations. You won’t be charged until your house is sold.
For Home Buyers
- Mobile App: The mobile app gives you access to home searches at your fingertips. You can save searches and get virtual tours.
👉 Our take: We recommend Realtor Madeline Dobbs to home sellers who want to sell their property quickly.
» How to Sell My House Fast in Delaware: Check out how you can sell your Delaware home quickly!
Transaction Sides: Madeline has sold 280+ properties until now.
- Author of How to Sell Your House in 30 Days
Madeline has a 5-star rating out of 5.0 on Zillow
👎Coverage: Madeline is licensed in Delaware and provides her services via Compass Realty.
👍Rankings of Local Realtor Agents: In case Madeline doesn’t cover your zip code, you can consider other local agents in the area-
4. Ken Van Every
BEST FOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Ken Van Every
Ken Van Every is a REALTOR in Delaware. He specializes in property management and short sale. He is affiliated with Keller Williams Realty.
For Home Sellers
- Free Home Valuation Report: Ken offers a free market comparative analysis report so that you can ask for the best price.
- Access to Real-Time Updates: Get access to real-time updates once you list your house.
For Home Buyers
- Home Financing: Ken will connect you with your chosen finance specialist to help you have a stress-free home-buying journey.
- Listing Alerts: Recieve alerts when any matching property hits the market after you have saved any searches on the website.
👉 Our take: We recommend Realtor Ken Van Every because of his experience od 20 years in real estate market, making him the local expert.
Transaction Sides: Ken Every has sold over 380 properties until now.
- Certified Pricing Strategy Advisor
- Certified Real Estate Negotiation Expert
Ken Every has a 5.0 stars rating out of 5.0 on Zillow
👎Coverage: Ken is licensed in Delaware and provides her services via Compass Realty.
👍Rankings of Local Realtor Agents: In case Ken doesn’t cover your zip code, you can consider other local agents in the area-
5. Daniel Davis
Daniel Davis is a REALTOR licensed in Delaware. He specializes in relocation and new construction. Daniel is affiliated with RE/MAX Real Estate.
For Home Sellers
- Free CMA Reports: Daniel offers free reports of comparative market analysis and your home’s estimated value according to current market trends.
- Maximum Exposure: Daniel uses advanced marketing and digital strategies that can help drive more traffic to your listing giving your property maximum exposure.
For Home Buyers
- Real-Time Alerts: Daniel provides you with the latest technology where you receive real-time alerts making finding a home easier.
- Mobile App: The app gives you access to home searches at your fingertips. You can save searches and schedule showings.
👉 Our take: We recommend Daniel because has extensive knowledge of the local market and experience of 28 years in the real estate field.
Transaction Sides: Daniel sold over 496 properties until now.
- Lifetime achievement award
- RE/MAX Hall of Fame Awards
- RE/MAX 100% Club Award
- RE/MAX Platinum Award
Daniel Davis has 5.0 stars out of 5.0 ratings on Zillow
👎Coverage: Daniel Davis is licensed in Delaware and provides her services via Compass Realty.
👍Rankings of Local Realtor Agents: In case Daniel doesn’t cover your zip code, you can consider other local agents in the area-
What are REALTOR Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
REALTORS can be commercial brokers, real estate agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A REALTOR’S pledge to business integrity and fair dealing.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Delaware?
The average Realtor commission is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and legal as well. With increasing competition and better alternatives, Realtor agents are willing to lower their commissions and provide concessions to the home seller.
🔎 Average Real Estate Commission Delaware: Know what is the average real estate commission in Delaware.
💰 Skip 3% Listing Agent Commission
With Houzeo technology, you can save thousands by listing FSBO for a flat fee of $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Who Pays REALTOR Fees in Delaware?
The seller typically pays the REALTOR fees. However, this concept is a tricky one. Although the seller is responsible for paying the fees to the REALTOR, they have already considered this amount when determining the listing price. In simple terms, it can be said that REALTOR fees are a part of the sale price of a home.
- 💲 Save on commission – list on MLS for less with Houzeo real estate!
Do Closing Costs include Delaware REALTOR Fees?
Yes. REALTOR fees are a major part of the closing costs that a seller or a buyer pays in a real estate transaction. Closing costs, also known as “settlement costs,” are the final expenses to complete the real estate transaction.
1. Home Selling
A sizeable chunk of the seller’s closing costs, comprising 5%–6% of the sales price, is made up of REALTOR commissions. Moreover, it is important to note that the seller pays a commission to both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
The commissions can vary according to the type of service you want to opt for selling your home.
- Flat Fee MLS: Sell your home with an average fee of $399 and save thousands in commissions. Get the best possible exposure for your home by listing it on the MLS.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: The average fee these brokers charge is $5,000 or 1.5% of the sale price. They provide services at reduced rates thereby making them a top choice for sellers.
- Full-Service Realtors: They provide all their services online for a fixed upfront fee or for a commission. Their services include listing your house, documentation, negotiations, showings, and closings.
2. Home Buying
Buyer closing costs do not usually include the REALTOR fees. However, this fee is already included in the price the buyer pays for their home.
⚡Buyer Closing Costs: Check our in-depth on how much the buyer has to pay as closing costs.
REALTOR vs. Agent vs. Broker
- Real Estate Agents: They are licensed professionals who represent buyers or sellers in real estate transactions. They must work independently or with a broker or a brokerage.
- Real Estate Broker: Brokers are agents with experience and a license, allowed after completing additional coursework. They can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.
- REALTOR®: REALTORs are agents or brokers that are members of NAR and follow NAR’s code of ethics. Their modes of operation and responsibilities include that of agents and/or brokers.
» For Sale By Owner Contract Delaware: Check out how to create a contract for an FSBO transaction in Delaware.
How to Find REALTORS in Delaware?
Home sellers and buyers can find a top-rated REALTOR with proper research. If you wish to sell or buy a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Delaware Realtor who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find Realtors in Delaware
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best Realtors: Here are the top REALTORS in the US you should know!
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Best Realtors in Delaware
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology for selling your house fast. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
Can you list your home on the MLS without a REALTOR?
Technically, no. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without using an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
2. Discount Brokers
Discount brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|SimpleShowing||1% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|Redefy||$3500 Flat Fee|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers in Delaware: We’ve ranked the top discount brokers in Delaware
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced websites for sale by owner like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home for cash, you can skip repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
When selling their houses to cash companies, fewer inspections and paperwork speed up the closing process significantly. Cash companies are the institutional investor networks of house flippers and wholesale real estate investors.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer makes an all cash offer and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No. 1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling or buying a house can make the process a cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property or find your dream home.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation, split 50-50 between the listing agent and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a REALTOR commission in Delaware?
The average Realtor commission is typically between 5% and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and legal as well.
How do I find a good REALTOR in Delaware?
Finding a good REALTOR in Delaware will require thorough research. We have thus collated a list of the 5 best REALTORS in Delaware in this blog that you can refer to.
Who pays the REALTOR fees in Delaware?
The seller has to pay the REALTOR fees in Delaware.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Selling a House By Owner in Delaware: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House in Delaware
- Highest and Best Offer: Have multiple offers? Click to see what you can do!
- How to Price Your Home For Sale: Check out the 6 best ways to price your home for sale.
- Creative Ways to Market a House: Marketing the home is very important! Here are 18 ways to promote your house.
- Selling a House As Is in Delaware: If you want to sell your house without incurring any repair charges, then check out this blog on the ‘as-is’ approach.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Delaware: Best Cash Companies in Delaware help you maximize your profits!
- Low Commission Real Estate Agents: Sell your home with the best REALTORS at a low commission.
- Closing Costs: What are closing costs? See what are the typical closing costs and find out whether closing costs are negotiable.
- Closing Costs for Buyers: What are the closing costs as a buyer? Check whether buyer closing costs are tax deductible.
Related: realtor Delaware, realtor de, realtor in Delaware, realtors Delaware, realtor commission Delaware, de realtors, Delaware licensed realtors, top realtors Delaware, licensed realtors in Delaware, realtor commission in Delaware, best realtor in Delaware, realtor lookup Delaware, realtor percentage in Delaware, luxury realtors in Delaware, average realtor commission Delaware, who pays realtor commission in Delaware, how much is the realtor commission in Delaware, realtor fees Delaware, realtor In Delaware, delaware real estate, delaware real estate, real estate delaware, real estate in delaware, delaware real estate agents, buying a house in delaware, delaware realtors, real estate companies in delaware
Related: Delaware realtors, Delaware realtors, best Delaware realtors, Delaware realtor, de real estate, top delaware realtors, top realtor in delaware, ashley cusack zillow, kathleen williams realtor, ashley cusack bhhs ewm realty, tricia priest coldwell banker, kathleen williams realtor Baltimore, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, fizber reviews, best time to sell a home in delaware, staging your home to sell, home staging companies in delaware, what are average closing costs in delaware, sellers closing costs Delaware, seller closing cost calculator Delaware, title insurance delaware, delaware home inspection, delaware mortgage lenders, preapproval mortgage, fsbo de, flipping houses in delaware, delaware real estate market