The Florida housing market is finally cooling off. Mortgage rates have shot up. They are expected to remain elevated through 2024.
If you’re a home seller, you’re nervous to sell now with dropping prices. You also don’t want to sell your low-interest mortgage home and buy another home at the current interest rates.
Should you sell now before home prices plummet? Or wait for rates to fall? Unless you want to learn how to sell a house by owner in Florida, you’re looking for a REALTOR to help.
If you’re a home buyer, you don’t know whether you can even afford a home. Prices are still high. And interest rates have added hundreds of dollars to your mortgage payments. Is now the best time to buy a house in Florida? Or wait?
A great REALTOR can help you navigate these choppy waters and make the right decision. And once you decide, they can be the pro you rely on to help you buy or sell.
Some REALTORS will save you thousands with technology. Others will help you sell your luxury property for top dollar, and still others can show you how to stop foreclosure in Florida.
With our rankings of the 7 best REALTORS in Florida, you can find the right one for a smooth and hassle-free real estate transaction.
🏅 Rankings: Top 7 REALTORS in Florida
- Randal Longo: Best for Home Sellers
- Nancy Batchelor: Luxury Home Specialist
- Andrew Duncan: Best for Home Sellers
- Veronica Figueroa: Best for Luxury Properties
- Ralph Harvey: Seller Representation
- Paul Saperstein: Marketing Specialist
- Kathleen Williams: Foreclosures and Short Sales
Reviews: 7 Best REALTORS in Florida
1. Randal Longo
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Randal Longo is a Realtor licensed in Florida. He offers flat fee services via Keys Realty Redefined and Houzeo.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $349+: This package has a time period of 6 months and lets you to upload up to 24 photos. It also allows you to make unlimited changes to your listing.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum Package – $999+: This package lets you list your property for 1 year with maximum photos. It also includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: Randal Longo is our top pick as a REALTOR in Florida because his services deliver an unbeatable combination of savings and tech features to home sellers and home buyers.
Randal Longo provides top-notch real estate services to his clients. He is an excellent flat fee REALTOR option for home sellers.
- Excellent Customer Service: Randal and his team provide top quality customer experience. They are known for providing timely support to their clients.
- Top Negotiator: Randal is a top negotiator. He consistently sells homes above their listing price.
- Access Top Properties: With Randal, you will have access to the best properties with details like photographs, neighborhood appeal, schools in the area etc.
- Transaction Side: Randal has made 368 sales in the last 12 months, selling properties for as much as $281,000.
We found no red flags with Realtor Randal Longo. Randal has a stellar reputation within the REALTOR community.
» Randal Longo Realtor: Randal has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 stars out of 5.0 from a total of 145 reviews on Houzeo.com
Randal is a licensed real estate broker associated with Houzeo and Keys Realty Redefined in Florida. He has an overall experience of 12 years in the industry.
He is well reputed among the Realtor community. Randal is known to provide top notch services for both home sellers and home buyers.
2. Nancy Batchelor
LUXURY HOME SPECIALIST
Nancy Batchelor is a licensed REALTOR in Florida. She is the founder of The Nancy Batchelor team and is affiliated with Compass Real Estate Group.
You can expect to pay the full commission of 5% – 6% if you opt to list or buy with Nancy.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Nancy Batchelor for people looking to sell luxury properties. Her real estate experience of over 20 years makes her a local expert.
Nancy Batchelor is one of the most successful REALTORS in South Florida. She specialises in luxury properties and single-family homes.
- Local Expert: Nancy and her team have helped over 1,000 families buy/sell their homes. She is a local market expert and provides a top-notch customer service to her clients.
- Customer Experience: From using cutting-edge tech to a giant network of agents, Nancy and her team will use all their resources to give you the best results.
- Transaction Sides: Nancy has closed over $408 Million in sales in 2021 and over $2 billion in sales throughout her career.
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Nancy Batchelor. She has a great reputation within the REALTORS community.
» Nancy Batchelor Realtor: Nancy has an “Excellent” 5 out of 5-star rating from 328 total reviews on Zillow.
Nancy Batchelor is the founder of the Nancy Batchelor Team and works in affiliation with Compass Realty.
She specialises in luxury properties. Nancy is also known for her knowledge of the local market.
3. Andrew Duncan
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Andrew Duncan is a REALTOR licensed in Florida. He is the founder of The Duncan Duo and has an experience of 18 years in the industry.
He offers real estate services at a commission of 5% – 6%.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Realtor Andrew Duncan to home sellers who want to sell their property quickly.
Andrew Duncan is one of the top selling agents in the Tampa Bay area. His team the Duncan Duo is ranked #1 for RE/MAX in the state of Florida.
- Guaranteed Home Sale Program: Duncan and his team claim to sell your home in 14 days. If it remains unsold, the company will purchase your property with an instant cash offer.
- Dedicated Agents: Andrew and his team are committed to provide the best customer experience to their clients. They prioritise on accomplishing your needs.
- Top Rated Customer Service: Andrew is known for his professionalism and communication skills. Along with his team, he has received over 1,000 5-star rated reviews across major review websites.
- Transaction Sides: Andrew has sold over 407 properties in the last 12 months.
- Ranked in the Top 5 in the RE/MAX Dynamic System.
- Featured in RE/MAX Above Magazine, Florida Realtor Magazine and Realtor Magazine.
- RE/MAX Circle of Legends.
- Inducted to the RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Pinnacle Club Team in 2022.
Before opting for The Duncan Duo you should know they have a few red flags.
- Not 100% Online: Duncan Duo is not 100% online which makes the process manual and time-consuming.
- Customer Experience: Seller experiences were not great according to a few past customers of The Duncan Duo.
» Andrew Duncan Realtor: Andrew has a 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 926 total reviews on Zillow.
Andrew Duncan is the founder of the Duncan Duo Team. His team consists of some of the top-selling real estate agents in Tampa Bay.
The Duncan Duo is not 100% online. This makes their transactions slow and manual. According to a few past customers, the seller experience was below par.
4. Veronica Figueroa
Veronica Figueroa is a renowned REALTOR and owner of The Figueroa Team. She is a nationally recognized, award winning Top Producer.
Veronica offers complete real estate services at 5% – 6% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Veronica for her expertise in real estate negotiations and knowledge of the local market.
Veronica is the founder of The Figueroa Team. It consists of local experts providing services for both home sellers and buyers. Veronica specialises in dealing with luxury properties.
- Immediate Buyout Program: You get a quick and competitive offer for your home. This helps you skip the hassle of home improvements, clean-ups and extra commissions.
- Exceptional Negotiating Skills: Veronica is an expert negotiator. She will make negotiations on your behalf and ensure that the deal is favorable to you.
- Top Rated on Zillow: Veronica is one of only 20 agents in the country to serve on the Zillow Agent Advisory Board.
- Comprehensive Marketing Strategy: Your listing is marketed through Facebook advertising, emails, 1-on-1 outreach etc. to give you maximum exposure.
- Transaction Sides: Veronica has sold over 294 properties in the last 12 months. She has served 2,000+ clients and closed over $646 million in sales volume.
- 2015 ORRA TOP PRODUCER CLUB – GOLD
- NAHREP Top 100 Nationwide- Ranking #23 in the US.
- RE/MAX Hall of FAME Award – 2014, 2015, 2016
- RE/MAX 100 % Award – 2012, 2013
- Wall Street Journal Top 1,000 Realtors 2016
- Orlando Hot 100 Realtors- 2016
- Orlando Board of Realtor – Community Award 2013
- Voted Who’s Who in East Orlando Real Estate 2012-2015
- Powerful Business Woman – Insight Magazine Top 10% 2008-2015
In our research we found no red flags with Veronica Figueroa. She has a great reputation within the REALTORS community.
» Veronica Figueroa Realtor: Veronica has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 1,240 total reviews on Zillow.
Veronica is an award-winning Realtor who founded the Figueroa Team.
She focuses on prioritizing client needs. Veronica and her team provide innovative solutions through their local market knowledge and experience.
5. Ralph Harvey
BEST FOR HASSLE-FREE TRANSACTIONS
Ralph Harvey is a REALTOR based in Boynton Beach, Florida. He works with List with Freedom to provide Flat Fee MLS listing services to his clients.
- Gold Plan – $149: It includes a 6 month listing term, 6 photos, and lets you make unlimited changes to your listing. Optional services include open houses, virtual tours and online showings at additional charges.
- Platinum Plan – $195: You can add up to 25 pictures to your listing. It also offers optional services at additional charges.
- Platinum+ Plan – $295: This plan offers a 12 month listing term and allows you to upload maximum photos on the MLS.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Ralph Harvey for his expertise in providing Flat Fee MLS services. He is also known for his prompt response, knowledge, and professionalism.
Ralph Harvey specializes in consulting, and seller representation services. His firm List With Freedom helps home sellers list their homes at a flat fee.
- Affordable Packages: Ralph provides Flat Fee MLS packages that are cost-effective for home sellers.
- Market Exposure: Homes listed with Ralph will be syndicated on the local MLS, Zillow, and Realtor.com, making sure the listing gets the maximum exposure.
- Transaction Side: Ralph has completed 2,716 sales in the last 12 months. From 2018-2022 he was ranked among the top 5 REALTORS in the country based on sales volume.
- Ranked among the top 5 in the US for most homes sold.
- Top Producer in 2021.
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Ralph Harvey. He has a great reputation within the REALTORS community and is known for being very responsive and a seasoned professional.
» Ralph Harvey Realtor: Ralph has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating from 88 total reviews on Zillow.
Ralph Harvey is a licensed Realtor in Florida. He has listed more than 11,000 properties so far.
Ralph works with ListWithFreedom, a well-known Flat Fee MLS listing company based in the US that lists your home for a flat fee, helping you save thousands!
6. Paul Saperstein
BEST FOR RELOCATION
Realtor Paul Saperstein has been active in Florida’s real estate market for the past 24 years. His firm the Saperstein Group provides real estate services in association with eXp Realty.
You can expect to pay a full commission of 5% – 6% if opt to sell or buy with the Saperstein Group.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Paul Saperstein for his expertise in the real estate industry. With 20+ years of experience, he has successfully helped many individuals relocate and find their dream homes.
Paul Saperstein offers multiple services for both home sellers and buyers in South-East Florida. He has extensive knowledge of the local community and specialises in relocations.
- Detailed Marketing Plan: Paul Saperstein helps home sellers with staging, professional photography, virtual tours, and print media to promote your home and attract max attention
- Free Home Evaluation: Home sellers can request a report to determine the value of the property in the current market.
- Relocation Assistance: If you wish to relocate to Florida, Paul Saperstein can help you. He is known for his relocation assistance.
- Transaction Side: Paul has sold 103 properties in the last 12 months.
- The Wall Street Journal #50 in Top 1000 Real Estate Professionals in the United States.
- Certified as a Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES).
Before choosing the Saperstein Group, you should know they have some red flags.
- Poor Customer Experience: Testimonials from a few past customers suggest that they offer inconsistent client services.
» Paul Saperstein Realtor: Paul has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating from 109 total reviews on Zillow.
Paul Saperstein works with eXp Realty and has listed more than 1,500 properties. He specializes in relocation assistance, foreclosures, and seller/buyer representation services.
It is recommended to go through their reviews online. A few past clients complain about below-par agent services and a poor overall experience.
7. Kathleen Williams
BEST FOR FIRST-TIME HOME BUYERS
Kathleen Williams is a Florida based REALTOR who specializes in foreclosures and Real Estate Owned (REO) properties. She provides her services in affiliation with Roe Realty.
Kathleen Williams provides real estate services at the traditional rates of 5% – 6% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: Kathleen is known for her professionalism, responsiveness, and market expertise. We recommend her for first-time home buyers.
Kathleen Williams specialises in assisting first-time home buyers. She is also a renovation mortgage specialist.
- Top Quality Customer Service: Kathleen is well reputed for the trustworthy, well researched advice she offers to her clients. She is very responsive and prioritizes her client’s needs.
- Personalised Home Search: You can narrow down your home search by viewing homes based on your preferred city, county and neighborhood.
- Pre-approval and Other Services: Kathleen will assist you with your mortgage pre-approval. She also co-ordinates lender and title company tie-ups.
- Transaction Side: Kathleen has closed 17 sales in the last 12 months.
- Certified 203K Renovation Specialist.
- Certified Military Relocation Professional.
In our research, we found no red flags with Realtor Kathleen Williams. She has a stellar reputation within the REALTOR community.
» Kathleen Williams Realtor: Kathleen Williams has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 82 total reviews on Zillow.
Kathleen Williams is a licensed Realtor in Florida who specialises in foreclosed properties.
She is known for being extremely knowledgeable in the local market. Kathleen is dedicated to providing streamlined real estate services.
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
REALTORS can be commercial brokers, real estate agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A REALTOR’s pledge to business integrity and fair dealing.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Florida?
The average Realtor commission is typically between 5% – 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies state-wide.
With increasing competition and better alternatives, Realtor agents are willing to lower their commissions and provide concessions to the home seller.
» How to Negotiate Real Estate Commissions: Pro tips on how to negotiate agent commissions and save thousands!
Who Pays REALTOR Fees in Florida?
The seller typically pays the REALTOR fees. Although the seller is responsible for paying these fees, they can always negotiate with the buyer on this.
In simple terms, it can be said that REALTOR fees are a part of the sale price of a home.
Do Closing Costs include REALTOR Fees?
Yes! Realtor fees are a major part of closing costs. Closing costs, also known as “settlement costs,” are the final expenses to complete the real estate transaction.
1. Home Selling
A sizeable chunk of the seller’s closing costs, comprising 5%–6% of the sales price, is made up of REALTOR commissions. It is important to note that the seller pays a commission to both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
The commissions can vary according to the type of service you want to opt for selling your home.
- Flat Fee MLS: Sell your home with an average fee of $399 and save thousands in commissions. Get the best possible exposure for your home by listing it on the MLS.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: The average fee these low-commission brokers charge is $5,000 or 1.5% of the sale price. They provide services at reduced rates thereby making them a top choice for sellers.
⚡Seller Closing Costs in Florida: Find out what closing costs you pay as a seller in Florida.
2. Home Buying
Buyer closing costs do not usually include the REALTOR fees. However, this fee is already included in the price the buyer pays for their home.
⚡Buyer Closing Costs in Florida: Find what closing costs you pay as a buyer in Florida.
REALTORS vs. Agents vs. Brokers
- Real Estate Agents: Agents are licensed professionals who represent buyers or sellers in real estate transactions. They must work with a broker or a brokerage.
- Real Estate Broker: Brokers are agents with experience and a license, allowed after completing additional coursework. They can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.
- REALTOR®: REALTORs are agents or brokers that are members of NAR and follow NAR’s code of ethics. Their modes of operation and responsibilities include that of agents and/or brokers.
How to Find REALTORS in Florida?
Home sellers and buyers can find a top-rated REALTOR with proper research. If you wish to sell or buy a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
Here’s how you can find a Realtor for your home selling/buying needs:
- Find Licensed Realtors: Look for agents who are members of the NAR. Select Realtors with lower commission rates and check whether they provide virtual or full services.
- Interview Realtors: Interview short-listed Realtors and convey your requirements. Find out their specialisation, whether they offer cutting-edge technology and online services.
- Review and Finalize: Check reviews on trusted websites like Google, Yelp, Trustpilot, etc. Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
Best Realtors Near Me
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Realtors in Florida
Realtors are the best option for first-time home sellers. But if saving money is your goal, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Discount real estate brokers in Florida offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: With Florida Flat-Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology for selling your house without a Realtor.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes nationwide. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in Florida.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Florida make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
Having a good REALTOR® when selling or buying a house can make the process a cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property or find your dream home.
However, the average REALTOR commission of 6% reduces your profits substantially. Additionally, seller closing costs are quite high.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions About REALTORS in Florida
How do I find a good REALTOR in Florida?
You can find a good REALTOR in Florida based on your requirements. For instance, if you wish to sell a luxury property then you can opt for a REALTOR® accordingly. To help you in the process we have compiled the above list for you.
Who are the top licensed REALTORS in Florida?
As per our research, Randal Longo is the best REALTOR in Florida. You can find out about his services, coverage, and customer reviews here.
What percentage do most REALTORS charge in Florida?
REALTOR® in Florida charge 5% - 6% of the sale price.
Who pays Realtor fees in Florida?
Sellers are responsible for paying the REALTOR fee in Florida.
How to sell your house without a REALTOR® in Florida?
You can sell your house without a REALTOR in Florida by opting for FSBO. Also, there are FSBO platforms like Houzeo that can help you in selling your property at reduced rates.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in Florida.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Real Estate Companies in Florida: Check out the Best Real Estate Companies in Florida in 2023.
- Selling a House By Owner in Florida: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House in Florida
- Selling a House As Is in Florida: If you want to sell your house without incurring any repair charges, then check out this blog on the ‘as-is’ approach.
- For Sale By Owner Contract Florida: Check out how to create a contract for an FSBO transaction in Florida.
Related: realtor Florida, realtor fl, realtor in Florida, realtors Florida, realtor commission Florida, fl realtors, Florida licensed realtors, top realtors Florida, licensed realtors in Florida, realtor commission in Florida, best realtor in Florida, florida real estate agents, realtor percentage in Florida, realtors in naples florida, average realtor commission Florida, who pays realtor commission in Florida, how much is the realtor commission in Florida, realtor fees Florida, flordia realtors, florida realtors, best florida realtors, floridarealtor, fl real estate, ralph harvey list with freedom, list with freedom ralph harvey, top florida realtors, top realtor in florida, housezo, houszeo,Florida Realtors