The home prices in Hattiesburg increased by 13.2% to reach an average price of $191,565 in August 2022. As home prices increase, so does the commission. Home sellers may require the help of a REALTOR to sell their homes in such a situation.
Here are our rankings of the best REALTORS in Hattiesburg, MS who will help you sell the property for the best price without any hassle.
Rankings: 3 Best REALTORS in Hattiesburg, MS
|Best REALTORS in Hattiesburg, MS||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg. Rating|
|1. Bill Johnson||Full Service REALTOR||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
|2. Kristina Porcello||Foreclosure Specialist||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
|3. Wyn Motter||Best for Luxury Properties||✅||❌||5.0 / 5.0|
Reviews: 3 Top REALTORS in Hattiesburg, MS
1. Bill Johnson
FULL SERVICE REALTOR
Bill Johnson is a Flat Fee REALTOR licensed in 7 states. He offers virtual full-service packages via Houzeo.
For Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Listing: Sellers can list on MLS for a flat fee and save thousands of dollars in commissions.
- Full Automation: Powered by Houzeo.com, Bill Johnson can help you manage your listing 100% online.
For Home Buyers
- Submit an Offer: Buyers can make an offer on properties listed on Houzeo.com.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Buyers can even use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate closing expenses.
Our Take: We recommend Bill Johnson for his expertise in multiple real estate markets across the country and the easy listing management services offered by him through Houzeo.com’s technology.
» List With Bill: Check out the services offered by Bill Johnson via Houzeo.com
- Transaction Sides: Has sold over 1,130 properties until now.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
Bill has a rating of 4.9 stars out of 5.0 on Houzeo
Bill Johnson, Discount Realty Solution: Find out what customers are saying about Bill Johnson REALTOR.
👍Wide Coverage: Bill Johnson offers flat fee broker services in 7 states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Mississippi, Oregon, and Washington.
👍 Rankings of Local REALTORS: In case Bill doesn’t cover your zip code, you can consider other local agents in the area –
2. Kristina Porcello, Hub City Realty
Why Kristina Porcello is #2: Kristina Porcello is a REALTOR in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. She is the owner of Hub City Realty. She specializes in foreclosures, short sales, relocation, etc. Kristina has been providing real estate services for 16 years now.
Hub City Realty: Hub City Realty was started in 2012 by Kristina. They provide full services like listings, advanced marketing, free reports, negotiating offers, and closing offers.
For Home Sellers
- Online Listings: Online listings can greatly increase the exposure of your home.
- Free Competitive Market Analysis: The group compiles a free report on current housing trends that compares comparable houses in your community that are up for sale or that have just sold.
For Home Buyers
- Advanced Search: You can search using the advanced search option based on your preferences, such as the neighborhood, zip code, schools, etc.
- Dream Home Finder: You can identify your precise need with the help of the ideal home finder features. Whether it be the size, price range, or type of properties.
Our Take: We recommend Kristina as she has been recommended by her clients for her dedication and negotiating skills. Her knowledge and expertise give the edge to her clients in getting the best deal for themselves. Kristina has sold over 683 properties until now.
» Flat Fee MLS in Mississippi: Check out how Houzeo compares to other Flat Fee MLS Listing services.
- GRI® Graduate, REALTOR® Institute
- ABR – Accredited Buyer Representative
- Platinum ClubTop Agent Award
- NAR’s e-Pro
Kristina has a 5-star rating on Zillow.
Kristina is licensed in Mississippi. She provides her service via Hub City Realty in Hattiesburg, Petal, Purvis, and Sumrall.
3. Wyn Motter, REMAX Realty
BEST FOR LUXURY PROPERTIES
Why Wyn Motter is #3: Wyn Motter is a REALTOR in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. She has been providing real estate services for the past 16 years. She specializes in luxury properties, relocation, new construction, etc.
RE/MAX Realty: Remax was established in 1973 in Denver. It operates all around the globe with 135,000 agents and has 8400+ offices. It believes in maximum satisfaction for clients, agents, and franchise owners.
- Online Listing: A terrific marketing tool, online listing allows for a quick overview for potential purchasers while also saving time.
- Advanced Marketing: Digital marketing techniques can increase visitors to your listing, and Remax offers these services.
- Free Competitive Market Analysis: The realtor compiles a complimentary report that examines comparable houses in your neighborhood that are up for sale or that have recently sold.
- Mobile App: You get access to your stored searches, saved listings, etc. Use a desktop or a mobile browser to access it whenever and wherever you like.
- Interactive Map Search: The interactive map search option will allow you to view the homes in your neighborhood. Location is a crucial factor in the home-buying process.
- Virtual Consultation: Set up online consultation times with your agents to go over all the items on your property wishlist.
Our Take: We recommend Wyn Motter as she has been providing real estate services in Hattiesburg since 2006, which makes her the local expert. Wyn has helped hundreds of individuals and families buy/sell their properties.
» Sell my House Fast in Mississippi: Find out the quickest ways to sell your Mississippi home!
- MRP – Military Relocation Professional
- Remax Hall of Fame
- Remax 100% – 2016 – 2021
Wyn has a 5-star rating on Zillow.
Wyn is licensed in Mississippi. She provides her services via Remax real estate in Hattiesburg, Lamar, Sumrall, and Purvis.
What are REALTOR Agents?
REALTOR Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
For becoming a licensed member of the NAR, a real estate agent or broker has to be a certified member of a local REALTOR association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
The designation of a REALTOR in Hattiesburg, MS is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average REALTOR Commission in Hattiesburg, MS?
The average REALTOR commission in Hattiesburg is typically between 5% and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the US!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker vs. REALTORS
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find REALTORS in Hattiesburg, MS
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Hattiesburg, MS with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Hattiesburg REALTOR who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find REALTORS in Hattiesburg
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best REALTORS: Check out our rankings of the top REALTORS across the country
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top REALTORS in Hattiesburg, MS
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can save thousands of dollars in commissions and take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a REALTOR vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions about REALTORS in Hattiesburg, MS
Who pays the REALTOR fees in Hattiesburg, Mississippi?
The seller usually pays the realtor fees for both the listing agent and the buyer's agent.
Are REALTOR fees negotiable in Mississippi?
Yes, REALTOR commission rates are completely negotiable. But not all REALTORS will be willing to negotiate their fees.
What is the REALTOR commission in Hattiesburg, MS?
The average REALTOR commission in Hattiesburg, MS is between 5% to 6%.
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Mississippi: Home sellers who wish to sell their home themselves should know these things before they start. Read to know what steps to take.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Mississippi: If you wish to sell your house fast in Mississippi, then opt for cash home buyers. Check out the best 4 who can help you!
- Real Estate Websites in Mississippi: Top real estate websites use advanced technology to increase efficiency and reduce the time required for a real estate transaction. Check out the best near you!
Related: realtors Hattiesburg ms, hattiesburg realtors, realtor hattiesburg ms, top realtors in Hattiesburg, realtors in Mississippi, Mississippi realtorsUncategorized