In August 2022, the median home price in Las Vegas, NV increased to $400,000. Rising mortgage rates and high home prices make home sales difficult for home sellers in Las Vegas.
With our rankings of the best REALTORS in Las Vegas, you can find the right person for a smooth and hassle-free sale.
Rankings: 3 Best REALTORS in Las Vegas, NV
|Best REALTORS in Las Vegas||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg. Rating|
|1. Jared Andrew English||Best Customer Service|
|2. Steve Hawks||Best For Home Sellers|
|3. Craig Tann||Best For Home Buyers|
Reviews: 3 Top REALTORS in Las Vegas, NV
1. Jared Andrew English, Congress Realty
BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE
J. Andrew English
About: Jared Andrew English is a Realtor who specializes in residential real estate online. He is well-known for his professional knowledge in negotiations, staging, and pricing. He has extensive experience in selling his own investment properties across the Western United States.
Congress Realty: Founded by Jared English in 2002, Congress Realty is a licensed MLS real estate brokerage operating in Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
For Home Sellers
- Save Thousands in Commissions: Congress Realty offers MLS listing packages for a small flat fee. You can save thousands in agent commissions. If your buyer is unrepresented, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
- Maximum Exposure: Listings get syndicated to the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
- Cutting-edge Technology: Through Houzeo.com’s advanced features, Jared can offer you 100% online listing management, online showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Search: You can search for features properties and FSBO listings on the website.
- Direct Contact: Contact the seller directly on Houzeo.com instead of going through a real estate agent.
- Closing Cost Calculator: You can use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate your expenses in purchasing your home.
Our Take: We recommend Jared as he has excellent reviews with multiple 5-star ratings under his belt. With over 19 years of experience, Jared is a pro in getting his clients the best deals.
» Jared English, Congress Realty: Check out the services offered by Jared via Houzeo.com
- Excellent customer service
- Offers his services for a very small flat fee, saving you thousands of dollars in commission
- All his services via Houzeo are 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
Andrew English, Congress Realty: Find out more about Jared Andrew English
Congress Realty Reviews: Jared English has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.com.
Congress Realty, Jared English offers services in 12 states and covers the following MLS’:
- Alaska MLS-AK
- Arizona Regional MLS-AZ
- Central Arizona BOR MLS-AZ
- Lake Havasu MLS – AZ-AZ
- MLS of Southern Arizona-AZ
- Northern Arizona AOR MLS-AZ
- Prescott AOR MLS-AZ
- Sedona-Verde Valley Association of REALTORS MLS-AZ
- Western Arizona Realtor Data Exchange WARDEX MLS-AZ
- White Mountain AOR MLS-AZ
- Yuma MLS-AZ
- California Regional MLS-CA
- MetroList MLS-CA
- Coeur d’Alene MLS-ID
- Intermountain MLS-ID
- Snake River MLS-ID
- Utah Real Estate MLS-ID
- New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors (NOMAR) MLS-LA
- Billings AOR MLS-MT
- Montana Regional MLS-MT
- Greater Las Vegas AOR (GLVAR) MLS-NV
- Northern Nevada Regional MLS-NV
- Greater Albuquerque AOR (SWMLS) MLS-NM
- Las Cruces AOR MLS-NM (Southern New Mexico Multiple Listing Service)
- Realtors Association of New Mexico MLS-NM
- Santa FE MLS-NM
- Regional MLS-OR
- ABOR MLS-TX
- Central Texas MLS-TX
- EL Paso MLS-TX
- HAR MLS-TX
- NTREIS MLS-TX
- SABOR MLS-TX
- Utah Real Estate MLS-UT
- Northwest MLS-WA
- Regional MLS-WA
- Spokane MLS-WA
2. Steve Hawks, Platinum Real Estate Professionals
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Steve Hawks is a Las Vegas Realtor associated with Platinum Real Estate Professionals. He is known for his negotiations, pricing, and local market expertise.
- Steve is a discount real estate broker, he lists your property for 1%.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Steve Hawks because he is a great option for locals in Las Vegas. With his 24 years of experience, he can offer market insights and close deals that are beneficial to his clients.
Steve Hawks specializes in Buyer Rebate, New Homes, Foreclosures, Short Sales.
- Save on High Commissions: Realtor Steve Hawks provides his services at a discounted commission of 1%. He helps home sellers at each step of the process from listing their property to selling it.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to the local MLS, Zillow, Trulia, and thousands of other real estate websites.
- Advanced Marketing Methods: Platinum Real Estate Professionals markets your property through special marketing, procuring professional photographers, TV commercials, and more.
- Home Search Feature: Buyers get the chance to look for prospective homes using the website.
- Steve has been featured on FOX Business News, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, ABC World News, and Business Week
- He has sold more than 3,000 homes over 15+ years
- Has closed 107 homes in last 12 months
In our research, we found no red flags about Steve. He has a good reputation among the broker community.
Steve Hawks has 5 out of 5 stars rating from 157 total reviews on Zillow.
3. Craig Tann, Huntington & Ellis
BEST FOR HOME BUYERS
Craig Tann is a distinguished Real Estate Professional who specializes in relocation, buyer services, negotiations, and more.
- With Craig, you can expect a full-service commission of 5% – 6%.
Our Take: Craig Tann is popular amongst home buyers due to his negotiation and professionalism. He also provides good seller services that can help people sell their property without any trouble.
Craig Tann is one of the best options for Realtors in Nevada.
- Personalized Plan: You get services like social media marketing, pricing guidance, support at escrow, etc.
- Great Local Expertise: Members under Huntington Ellis are known for their local expertise amongst home sellers.
- Known for Negotiation: Craig’s negotiation and quick responsiveness has helped many home buyers purchase a home smoothly.
- Has sold over 3,500 homes over the many years of his service
- Has done $212 million in sales in the previous year.
- Tann has been featured in respectable news portals like The NY Times, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, BBC News, etc.
- Craig closed 410 homes in the last 12 months.
In our research, we found no red flags about Craig Tann. He has a good reputation in the broker community.
Craig Tann has 5 out of 5 stars rating from 905 total reviews on Zillow.
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
For becoming a licensed member of the NAR, a real estate agent or broker has to be a certified member of a local realtor association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
The designation of a Realtor in Las Vegas is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Las Vegas?
The average Realtor commission in Las Vegas is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the US!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
REALTOR vs. Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in Las Vegas, NV?
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Las Vegas, NV with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Las Vegas Realtor who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find Realtors in Las Vegas
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best REALTORS: Check out our rankings of the top REALTORS across the country
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top Realtors
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Sell My Home LV||1% commission|
|Home Rebate Nevada||1% commission|
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Homie||$3500 flat fee|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate agents.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Las Vegas: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the best REALTORS in Las Vegas?
Jared Andrew English is the #1 Realtor in Las Vegas who provides stellar services for home sellers and buyers through his company and Houzeo's tech. Besides him, Steve Hawks and Craig Tann are other good REALTORS in Las Vegas who can help locals with their real estate processes.
How much is REALTOR Commission?
Realtor Commission in most states is 3% for listing agent and 2.5%-3% for buyer agent.
How to choose a REALTOR in Las Vegas, NV?
A home seller can choose a REALTOR after examining the performance of top qualified agents in the area and then select a REALTOR who can help with the real estate transaction.
Is housing market slowing down in Las Vegas?
Yes, the housing market is slowing down in the US including in cities like Las Vegas. Home sellers may find it difficult to sell their houses in this slowing market. That's where REALTORS can help you to sell your property despite the market conditions.
Related: realtor las vegas, best realtor las vegas, best las vegas realtors, realtor fees las vegas, Craig Tann Las Vegas, Steve Hawks Platinum Real Estate, steve hawks las vegas nv realtor charge 1 fees.
Additional Resources for Home Sellers
Selling your house involves various steps like pricing, marketing, negotiating, paperwork, etc. Check out our comprehensive guide for selling your house in Nevada.
How to Sell a House by Owner in Nevada
Home sellers who wish to sell their home themselves should know these things before they start. Read to know what steps to take.
How to Sell Your House Fast in Las Vegas, NV
The best way to sell your house fast in Las Vegas is listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Find out what works best for you!
Discount Real Estate Brokers in Las Vegas, NV
Discount Brokers near you can help you to list and sell your home and save on high commissions. Click to know how.
Best Real Estate Websites in Nevada
Top real estate websites use advanced technology to increase efficiency and reduce time required for a real estate transaction. Check out the best near you!