The median home price in Maine increased to reach $344,100. High home prices mean hefty commissions. A home seller may struggle to sell their home without the right help.
We have listed the top realtors in Maine you must know. They can help you sell your house fast and ease your real estate. process.
Rankings: 5 Top REALTORS in Maine
|Top Maine REALTORS||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg Rating|
|Daniel Demers||Best for maximum savings||✅||✅||✅|
|Jason Saphire||Best for Cutting-edge Technology||✅||✅||✅|
|Bridgette Vermette||Best for Seniors' Real Estate Transactions||✅||❌||✅|
|Janet Moore||Best for a Residential Properties||✅||NA||NA|
|Peter LaRochelle||Best for Home Sellers||✅||❌||✅|
Reviews: 5 Top REALTORS in Maine
1. Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services LLC & Houzeo.com
Why Daniel Demers is #1: Daniel (Dan) Demers is a Realtor licensed in 10 states. He has 13+ years of experience practicing the flat-fee MLS model. He even offers virtual full-service real estate services at a low commission.
Sell Your Home Services LLC: Sell Your Home Services, Dan Demers’ real estate company offers MLS listing packages for a one-time, flat rate.
For Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Listing: Through Sell Your Home Services, Daniel Demers offers a flat fee MLS listing package, which helps sellers list their house on the MLS for a flat fee and save thousands of dollars in agent commissions.
- Customer Support: Known for their excellent customer service, a quarter of Sell Your Home Services business comes from client referrals.
- Full Automation: Powered by Houzeo.com, Daniel Demers can help you manage your listing 100% online. With Houzeo Showings, you can deal with showing appointments online. You can even use Houzeo Offers for viewing and comparing offers, and Houzeo’s Settlement Agent Platform for closing.
For Home Buyers
- Schedule Showings: Home buyers can schedule showings on Sell Your Home Services’ website by adding the property address and their contact information.
- Submit an Offer: Buyers can even make an offer to the seller on Houzeo.com, provided the seller has listed their property via Dan Demers on Houzeo.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Buyers can use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate their expenses for purchasing their home.
Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his expertise in multiple real estate markets across the country. Working in partnership with Houzeo.com, he is focused on using technology to improve the home buyer and seller experience.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
- Dan Demers Realtor is the founder of Sell Your Home Services which offers MLS listing packages for a one-time, flat rate.
- He is currently a licensed broker in 10 states.
- He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
Daniel Demers, Sell Your Home Services: Daniel Demers has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.
Dan Demers offers his services in 10 states and covers the following MLS’:
- Birmingham MLS (GALMLS)-AL
- Mobile County MLS-AL
- Montgomery Area AOR MLS-AL
- Arizona Regional MLS-AZ
- Western Arizona Realtor Data Exchange WARDEX MLS-AZ
- BRIGHT MLS-DE
- Georgia (GA) MLS-GA
- Greater Augusta MLS (GAAR)
- Greater Chattanooga AOR MLS-GA
- Northeast Georgia MLS-GA
- MREIS IDX MLS-ME
- Greater Capital Association of Realtors (Global) MLS-NY
- New York State Alliance of MLS’s (NYSAMLS)
- OneKey MLS-NY
- Canopy MLS-NC
- Fayetteville MLS-NC (LPRMLS – Longleaf Pine Realtors MLS)
- Northeast Georgia MLS-NC
- BRIGHT MLS-PA
- Lehigh Valley MLS-PA
- Pocono MLS-PA
- West Penn MLS-PA
- Canopy MLS-SC
- Charleston Trident MLS-SC
- Coastal Carolina AOR MLS-SC
- Consolidated MLS-SC
- Greenville MLS-SC
- Pee Dee MLS-SC
- Western Upstate MLS-SC
- Western Upstate MLS-SC
- Greater Chattanooga AOR MLS-TN
- Knoxville (KAARMLS)-TN
- Memphis MLS (MAARMLS)-TN
- Nashville (RealTracs Mid) MLS-TN
2. Jason Saphire, EntryOnly.com & Houzeo.com
BEST FLAT FEE REALTOR
Jason Saphire, the founder of Entry Only offers 2 flat fee MLS packages and a full-service package.
- Basic – $399: This package offers a 6-month MLS listing term with 20 photos on the MLS. You also get transaction coordination, flyers, buyer lead forwarding, and a yard sign.
- Enhanced – $699: You get all the services of the Basic package + contract review assistance.
- Premium – $999: This is a full-service package. It includes all services of the Enhanced package + negotiations before/after inspections and closing assistance.
Coverage in 6 States: Entry Only is licensed to offer services in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Listing Upgrades: Here is a summary of add-on services offered by Entry Only.
- Upload additional photos: $100
- 12-month initial listing: $100
- Expedited same-day MLS entry: $100
- 2nd MLS system/category: $100
- Customizable yard sign: $20 (Upto $100)
- Owner verification service: $50
- Comparative Market Analysis: $50
- Combination lock box: $40
- Personalized domain name: $20
- Realtor.com weekly report: $10
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jason Saphire for his responsiveness and process expertise.
» List with Jason: Check out the services offered by Jason via Houzeo.com.
Here are some key benefits of listing with Entry Only:
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All email inquiries will be forwarded to you. In addition to this, Entry Only has a 24/7 receptionist service to redirect buyers and agents to you.
- Closing Assistance: Entry Only strives to make the closing process smoother by coordinating with buyer agents, lenders, appraisers, inspectors, attorneys, and title companies.
- 2x Money Back Guarantee: If you are unable to sell your house through Entry Only, it offers a referral to a local traditional broker in your area. In addition to this, it provides a rebate of twice your listing fee (up to $999).
In our research, we found no red flags with Entry Only. Jason Saphire is a reputable broker with more than 20 years of experience in the field.
Entry Only offers a significant number of listing upgrades. However, the ones that may boost the sale of your house, like a higher number of photographs, expedited MLS entry, and secondary MLS listing, are steeply-priced. So, we recommend you budget for these when choosing to list with Entry Only.
Entry Only has 4.8 out of 5 stars from 345 total reviews on Trustpilot.
» Entry Only Reviews: Check out the customer reviews of Entry Only.
3. Bridgette Vermette, Keller Williams Realty
Best for Seniors' Real Estate Transactions
About: Realtor Bridgette Vermette is based in Maine. For the last 19 years, she has provided great real estate services. She specializes in luxury, relocation, and residential real estate.
Properties By The Sea Team, Keller Williams Realty: Bridgette Mermette is the broker/owner of Properties By The Sea. They are affiliated with Keller Williams Realty. Bridgette’s team is a top-performing team in the Scarborough and Greater Portland region.
For Home Sellers
- Home Valuation Report: Using this feature, home sellers can request n accurate report to determine the value of their home in the current market.
- Home Staging Guidance: Bridgette Vermette is a certified staging specialist. She can help home sellers to prepare their homes to promote the home in the best way possible.
- Senior Citizen Specialist: Bridgette Vermedette is also a Retirement Specialist. She helps aged home sellers with their real estate process with utmost care and patience.
For Home Buyers
- Home Search Tool: Home buyers can search for homes on her website. The houses are separated based on prices to help home buyers choose a house within their budget.
- Accredited Buyer Specialist: Bridgette Vermette is a buyer specialist who helps buyers to get the best homes at the right price.
Our Take: We recommend Bridgette Vermette for 19 years of service in Maine. Being a local, she is known among her clients for her local knowledge and good negotiation skills.
» Flat Fee MLS Maine: Check out how services of flat fee MLS companies compare to a Realtor in Maine.
- #1 Individual Agent at Keller Williams Maine: 2020, 2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2015, 2013
- Platinum Award Winner: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012
- Gold Circle Winner 2014
- President’s Club for 2013
- Gold Circle Winner in 2011
- Silver Circle Winner in 2010
- Member of Top Team from 2002-2010
- Two Time BOLD Graduate
- Sold 27 properties in the last 12 months.
Bridgette Vermette has a 5-star rating (39 reviews) on Zillow.
Bridgette Vermette is licensed in Maine. With her team, she provides real estate solutions to clients in Cape Elizabeth, Falmouth, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco, Scarborough, and South Portland.
4. Janet Moore, Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty
Best for Residential Properties
About: Janet Moore is one of the top Realtors in Maine. She has also been recognized as a consummate real estate professional in Hancock County. Janet Moore specializes in Luxury Properties and Waterfront Properties.
Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty: Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty is Maine’s leading luxury real estate company. Their mission is to deliver the highest quality of service, experience, and professionalism to their buyer and seller clients through superior marketing, cutting-edge technology, and the best real estate professionals in Maine.
For Home Sellers
- Custom Marketing for Luxurious Properties: Sotheby’s International Realty provides a personalized marketing plan for luxury homes. The listing is promoted on Apple News App, style magazines, and much more. Their plan ensures your listing attracts the best-suited buyer for your property.
- Reside Magazine: Their Reside Magazine is another way to reach prospective buyers. The magazine is distributed digitally and as physical copies helping you reach more people.
For Home Buyers
- Property Search Feature: A home buyer can find their ideal home using this tool on Legacy Properties’ website. The user can filter the search based on their requirement.
- Search by Location: Homes are categorized by location. Categories include waterfront properties, oceanfront, boating, etc. Home search is now made easy.
Our Take: Whether working for a buyer client or seller client, Janet works with passion, and due diligence, and brings unparalleled value to the transaction.
» Selling a House in Maine: Click to know how you can sell a house in Maine.
- Recognized as a Consummate Real Estate Professional
- ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative)
- CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
- Owner/manager of Janet Moore Real Estate, LLC from 1999-2004.
No credible sources were found.
Janet Moore serves in Bar Harbor, Bass Harbor, Bernard, Blue Hill, Cranberry Isles, Deer Isle, Ellsworth, Gouldsboro, Hancock, Islesford,, Mount Desert, Northeast Harbor, Salsbury Cove, Seal Cove, Seal Harbor, Sorrento, Swans Island, Winter Harbor.
5. Peter LaRochelle, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate The Masiello Group
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
About: Peter is consistently a top producer for the company and has brokered 550 transactions with 265 million in sales over the past 21 years. He specializes in beachfront, condos, new construction, residential, and second homes.
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate: Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC is an international real estate company that began operations in July 2008. It is a dynamic real estate brand offering a full range of services to home buyers and sellers.
For Home Sellers
- Property Valuation Report: Home sellers should know the value of their property in the current market. Peter LaRochelle provides you with an accurate report that includes important information you require while selling your house.
- Newsletter for Sellers: Market Watch for sellers by Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC provides updated data on the real estate market. It includes the trends, information on recently sold properties, etc.
For Home Buyers
- Home Search Feature: Home buyers can find their next dream home through the website. You can filter the search based on your requirement.
- Newsletter for Buyers: Market Watch for buyers by Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC provides updated data on the real estate market. It includes the trends, information on recently sold properties, etc.
Our Take: We recommend Peter LaRochelle for the unique services he provides to his clients. He is known amongst his clients for his skills to get the best deal for his clients.
» Seller’s Disclosures in Maine: Know how to ace your disclosure process!
- Emerald Elite Award (Better Homes and Gardens The Masiello Group’s top agents)
- Legends Circle Award (Individual agent with a sales volume of more than $8 Million)
- #1 selling agent company-wide nine times since 2012.
Peter LaRochelle has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars (35 reviews) on Zillow.
Peter LaRochelle is licensed in Maine. With his team, he serves Wells, Ogunquit, Kennebunk, Kennebunkport, and North Berwick.
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the Code of Ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
To become a licensed member of the NAR, real estate agents or brokers have to be certified members of a local realtor association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
The designation of a Realtor in Maine is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Maine?
The average Realtor commission in Maine is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Real Estate Agent Commission Maine: Know what is the average real estate commission in Maine!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
REALTOR vs. Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in Maine?
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Maine with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Maine Realtor who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find Realtors in Maine
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best Realtors: Here are the top REALTORS in the US you should know!
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top Realtors in Maine
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will help you list on MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer various services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
However, if you sell your home through a typical real estate company in Maine, you have to pay high high commission fees.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Company in Maine: Check our rankings.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers in Maine are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than real estate brokers in ME..
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale in Maine.
The best part about Maine FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ How to Sell a House by Owner in Maine: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers in Maine get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly for sellers in Maine.
⚡ Cash Buyer for Homes in Maine: Check our rankings of the top cash companies in Maine!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Good REALTORS in Maine can make selling a house a cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
» Check out this Houzeo review and how it has helped customers around the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the top realtor in Maine?
As per our research, Dan Demers is the top realtor in Maine. Apart from him, Jason Saphire and Bridgette Vermette are well known realtors in Maine.
How to become a REALTOR in Maine?
To become a REALTOR in Maine, one has to become a member of the NAR.
What is the average REALTOR commission in Maine?
The average commission of a REALTOR in Maine is 5%-6%.
Who pays REALTOR fees in Maine?
Sellers pay the REALTOR fees in Maine.
Related Keywords: real estate maine, realtor maine, realty of maine, maine realtors, maine realtor, reality of maine, realtor .com maine, maine realty, realtors in maine, realtor of maine, realtors maine, best realtor in maine, real estate agents in maine, realtor in maine, maine real estate experts, maine, real estate agents, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, looking to sell my house maine, taxes on selling inherited property in maine, staging home for sale, closing costs in maine, all cash offer maine, foreclosures, title insurance coverage in me, get preapproved for a mortgage, flat fee maine, homes for sale by owner maine, housing market in me, need to sell my house as is maine
- Sell my House for Cash: Know how to sell your house fast and for the most cash.
- Best Time of Year to Sell a House in Maine: Know when to put your Maine home on sale.
- Maine Real Estate Seller Disclosure Laws: Learn how to ace your disclosure process.
- Real Estate Photography in Maine: Make your listing stand out with the best photos.
- How Much are Closing Costs for Seller in Maine: Be prepared for the closing.
- Best Real Estate Websites Maine: Check out the rankings of the best real estate websites in Maine.
Recommended for Buyers
- Home Buying Process in Maine: An in depth guide.
- ME Title Insurance Premium: Get to know everything about title insurance in Maine.
- Maine Home Inspector: Check our rankings of the best home inspectors in Maine.
- Cost of an Appraisal in Maine: Know how much you need to pay for a home appraisal in Maine.
- Best Mortgage Lenders in Maine: Check our rankings of the best mortgage lenders in Maine.
- How to Start Flipping Houses in Maine: Know everything about house flipping in Maine.