The median home price in Montana increased by 16.4% in August 2022 to reach $396,100. High prices mean sellers have to pay hefty commissions. In such a case, a home seller may struggle to sell their home without help. With our rankings of the best REALTORS in Montana , you can find the right individual for a smooth and hassle-free real estate transaction.
Reviews: Top REALTOR in Montana
1. Jared Andrew English
BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE
J. Andrew English
About: Jared Andrew English is a Realtor who specializes in residential real estate online. He is well-known for his professional knowledge in negotiations, staging, and pricing. He has extensive experience in selling his own investment properties across the Western United States.
Congress Realty: Founded by Jared English in 2002, Congress Realty is a licensed MLS real estate brokerage operating in Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
For Home Sellers
- Save Thousands in Commissions: Congress Realty offers MLS listing packages for a small flat fee. You can save thousands in agent commissions. If your buyer is unrepresented, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
- Maximum Exposure: Listings get syndicated to the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
- Cutting-edge Technology: Through Houzeo.com’s advanced features, Jared can offer you 100% online listing management, online showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Search: You can search for features properties and FSBO listings on the website.
- Direct Contact: Contact the seller directly on Houzeo.com instead of going through a real estate agent.
- Closing Cost Calculator: You can use Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator to estimate your expenses in purchasing your home.
Our Take: We recommend Jared as he has excellent reviews with multiple 5-star ratings under his belt. With over 19 years of experience, Jared is a pro in getting his clients the best deals.
» Jared English, Congress Realty: Check out the services offered by Jared via Houzeo.com
- Excellent customer service
- Offers his services for a very small flat fee, saving you thousands of dollars in commission
- All his services via Houzeo are 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
Andrew English, Congress Realty: Find out more about Jared Andrew English
Congress Realty Reviews: Jared English has a 5-star rating on Houzeo.com.
Congress Realty, Jared English offers services in 12 states and covers the following MLS’:
- Alaska MLS-AK
- Arizona Regional MLS-AZ
- Central Arizona BOR MLS-AZ
- Lake Havasu MLS – AZ-AZ
- MLS of Southern Arizona-AZ
- Northern Arizona AOR MLS-AZ
- Prescott AOR MLS-AZ
- Sedona-Verde Valley Association of REALTORS MLS-AZ
- Western Arizona Realtor Data Exchange WARDEX MLS-AZ
- White Mountain AOR MLS-AZ
- Yuma MLS-AZ
- California Regional MLS-CA
- MetroList MLS-CA
- Coeur d’Alene MLS-ID
- Intermountain MLS-ID
- Snake River MLS-ID
- Utah Real Estate MLS-ID
- New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors (NOMAR) MLS-LA
- Billings AOR MLS-MT
- Montana Regional MLS-MT
- Greater Las Vegas AOR (GLVAR) MLS-NV
- Northern Nevada Regional MLS-NV
- Greater Albuquerque AOR (SWMLS) MLS-NM
- Las Cruces AOR MLS-NM (Southern New Mexico Multiple Listing Service)
- Realtors Association of New Mexico MLS-NM
- Santa FE MLS-NM
- Regional MLS-OR
- ABOR MLS-TX
- Central Texas MLS-TX
- EL Paso MLS-TX
- HAR MLS-TX
- NTREIS MLS-TX
- SABOR MLS-TX
- Utah Real Estate MLS-UT
- Northwest MLS-WA
- Regional MLS-WA
- Spokane MLS-WA
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
To become a licensed member of the NAR, real estate agents or brokers have to be certified members of a local realtor association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
The designation of a Realtor in Montana is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Montana ?
The average Realtor commission in Montana is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the U.S
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $229!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
REALTOR vs. Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in Montana?
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Montana with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Montana Realtor who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find Realtors in Montana
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best Realtors: Here are the top REALTORS in the US you should know!
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top Realtors
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Homie||$3500 flat fee|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate agents.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Check out our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Check out some of the Houzeo reviews and how it has helped customers around the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who pays the REALTOR fees in Montana?
The SELLER has to pay the REALTOR fees in Montana.
How is the real estate market in Montana?
In June 2022, the typical home in the state of Montana was valued at $448,875, a 25.6% increase from last year.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Selling a House By Owner in Montana: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House in Montana
- Highest and Best Offer: Have multiple offers? Click to see what you can do!
- How to Price Your Home For Sale: Check out the 6 best ways to price your home for sale.
- Creative Ways to Market a House: Marketing the home is very important! Here are 18 ways to promote your house.
- Selling a House As Is in Montana: If you want to sell your house without incurring any repair charges, then check out this blog on the ‘as-is’ approach.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Montana: Best Cash Companies in Montana help you maximize your profits!
- Low Commission Real Estate Agents: Sell your home with the best REALTORS at a low commission.
- Closing Costs: What are closing costs? See what are the typical closing costs and find out whether closing costs are negotiable.
- Closing Costs for Buyers: What are the closing costs as a buyer? Check whether buyer closing costs are tax deductible.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Montana: We’ve ranked the top discount brokers in Montana
- For Sale By Owner Contract Montana: Check out how to create a contract for an FSBO transaction in Montana.
Related: realtor Montana, realtor mt, realtor in Montana, realtors Montana, realtor commission Montana, mt realtors, Montana licensed realtors, top realtors Montana, licensed realtors in Montana, realtor commission in Montana, best realtor in Montana, realtor lookup Montana, realtor percentage in Montana, luxury realtors in Montana, average realtor commission Montana, who pays realtor commission in Montana, how much is the realtor commission in Montana, realtor fees Montana, realtor In Montana,
Related: Montana realtors, Montana realtors, best Montana realtors, Montana realtor, mt real estate, ralph harvey list with freedom, list with freedom ralph harvey, ralph harvey listwithfreedom.com, ralph harvey listwithfreedom.com inc, top Montana realtors, top realtor in Montana, ashley cusack zillow, kathleen williams realtor, ashley cusack bhhs ewm realty, tricia priest coldwell banker, kathleen williams realtor Baltimore, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, fizber reviews, best time to sell a home in Montana, staging your home to sell, home staging companies in montana, what are average closing costs in montana, sellers closing costs montana, seller closing cost calculator montana, title insurance montana, montana home inspection, montana mortgage lenders, preapproval mortgage, fsbo mt, flipping houses in montana, montana real estate market