The median home price in New York increased to reach $800,000. High home prices mean hefty commissions. A home seller may struggle to sell their home without the right help.
Our rankings of the best REALTORS in New York will help find the right individual for a smooth and hassle-free home sale.
Rankings: 5 Top REALTORS in New York
|Top New York REALTORS||Best For||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||5 Star Ratings|
|Derek Greene||Best for FSBO Assistance||✅||✅||❌|
|John Farrell||Short Sale Specialist||✅||✅||❌|
|Dan Axtmann||Residential Specialist||✅||✅||✅|
|Jill Ogden||Relocation Specialist||✅||✅||✅|
|Richard Leasure||Best for Commercial RE||✅||✅||✅|
Reviews: 5 Top REALTORS in New York
About: Derek Greene is a Realtor licensed in seven states. He offers MLS listing services as well as assistance in For Sale By Owner transactions. He has an experience of over 18 years and is the founder of The Greene Realty Group, also known as, Greene Properties.
Greene Realty Group: Founded in 2005, Greene Realty Group is an MLS listing service that works on an upfront flat fee with no commissions model.
For Home Sellers
- Flat Fee MLS Listing: Home sellers who list for a flat fee with The Greene Realty Group can upload up to 30 photos to their listing, post virtual/video tours, and advertise open houses and broker tours. Sellers are provided with a legal form and disclosure packages along with market analysis. The company even offers contract review and negotiation support.
- Open House Assistance Program: In this program offered by the Greene Realty Group, the seller’s listing may be eligible for marketing flyers, open house sign-in sheet, online advertising, and a lawn sign.
- Savings Calculator: Sellers can find out their savings via Greene Realty Group by entering their home’s sale price in the savings calculator provided on the website.
- Full Automation: Powered by Houzeo.com, Derek can help you manage your listing 100% online. With Houzeo Showings, you can deal with showing appointments online. you can even use Houzeo Offers for viewing and comparing offers, and Houzeo’s Settlement Agent Platform for closing.
For Home Buyers
- Property Search Feature: Home buyers can search for residential and office spaces on Greene Realty Group’s website. Buyers can save their favorite listings, match with similar properties, create custom searches and even unlock additional property information.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator can help buyers find out how much they’ll have to pay at closing.
Our Take: We recommend Derek Greene as he provides excellent assistance to FSBO home sellers and with the help of Houzeo’s advanced tech, sellers even gain the advantage of a completely paperless listing management.
» Derek Greene, The Greene Realty Group: Check out the services provided by Derek Greene via Houzeo.com
- Derek Greene has over 3565 listings
- 500+ sales in past 12 months
Derek Greene Realtor: Derek Greene from The Greene Realty Group has a 4.9 out of 5.0 rating on Houzeo.
Derek Greene from Greene Realty offers his services in seven states in the US. He covers the following MLS’:
- SMART MLS-CT
- Cape Cod and Islands MLS-MA
- MLS PIN-MA
- New England Real Estate Network (NEREN) MLS-NH
- Greater Capital Association of Realtors (Global) MLS-NY
- New York State Alliance of MLS’s (NYSAMLS)
- OneKey MLS-NY
- BRIGHT MLS-PA
- StateWide MLS-RI
- New England Real Estate Network-VT
About: John Farrell is an experienced REALTOR based in New York and has sold more than 2,600 homes. He has extensive knowledge in finance, contracts, negotiating, and marketing while buying or selling a house. He specializes in foreclosure, Eviction, Title, Violations, Short sale, All Real Estate, Buyer Agent, Seller Agent, and Investment Property.
Exit Realty Homeward Bound: Exit Realty Homeward Bound is a full-service Real Estate Company serving in New York. Their agents are fully dedicated to providing fast and efficient services to all customers.
For Home Sellers
- Pricing: Agents are prepared to effectively price your home to promote a speedy sale.
- Home Valuation: Find out your property’s value, equity, refinance and loan reduction options, and much more with a free home analysis.
For Home Buyers
- Specific Features: You can use the property’s advanced search features, such as year built, acres, garage spaces, etc., to find a property you prefer. They are dedicated to providing you with prompt, competent, and courteous assistance so that you can comprehend the home-buying process.
- Open House visits: To explore and save Open Houses in your region or close by, use the search function. Get alerts for the most recent relevant open houses and easily search, bookmark, track, and share certain homes.
Our Take: We recommend John because of his expertise and extensive knowledge. He has 38 years of experience in the real estate field.
» Selling A House in New York State: Check out this blog to know more
- #1 Century 21 franchise in NYS with over $500M in annual sales
- 10 Strategic locations and 450+ agents
- Broome County’s Highest Performer – consistent for 25 years with over 3,500 SALES.
- Three times Awarded Exit Realty Tri-Real-a-thon Award
- Number 1 Exit Lister/sales/sponsors top of over 35,000 agents in North America
- Certified Residential Specialist Designation
- Top One percent nationwide
- National Association of Realtors E-PRO Designation
- Teal award International TOP award for Most sales in North America
John Farrell has a rating of 3.9 stars out of 5 on Zillow.
John is licensed in New York and provides his services through Exit Realty Homeward Bound in Afton, Albany, Apalachin, Au Sable Forks, Barker, Berkshire, Binghamton, Buffalo, Castle Creek, Chenango Forks, Conklin, Deposit Endicott, Glen Aubrey, Greene, Greenville, Hancock, Harpursville, Johnson City, Kirkwood.
About: Daniel Axtmann is a REALTOR with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hudson Valley. He specializes in residential listings and sales, new construction, relocation, buyer’s agent, foreclosure, and short sale.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hudson Valley Properties: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hudson Valley Properties is Mid-Hudson Valley’s leading real estate firm, providing comprehensive marketing and technology services across a global platform.
For Home Sellers
- Virtual services: You can stay safe by reducing the requirement for in-person interactions using online contract signings and document-sharing tools!
- Market Reports: You will be kept up to speed on the market in your neighborhood by getting monthly and quarterly market updates, as well as neighborhood reports, all by email.
For Home Buyers
- Interactive Search: Use the search function for properties, and then filter your results by style, location, pricing, and other important characteristics of a home and your favorite neighborhood.
- Mortgages Calculator: The mortgage principal calculator demonstrates how the balance of the mortgage is reduced through payments. The length calculator illustrates how much money you can save by paying more each month.
Our Take: We recommend Dan as he has the knowledge and expertise in real estate transactions. She has sold over 830 properties until now. Also, he is highly recommended by clients.
» Sell my House Fast in New York: Check out how you can sell your New York home quickly!
- 2011 Realtor of The Year, Prudential Serls Prime Properties, Lagrange office
- Member, Mid-Hudson Multiple Listing Service – Member, Empire Access Multiple Listing Service
- Member, Greater Hudson Valley Multiple Listing Service – Member, National Association of Realtors
- Member, New York State Association of Realtors – Member, Dutchess County Association of Realtors
- Member, American Marketing Association
- Lifelong resident of Dutchess County
Daniel Axtmann has 5-star rating on Zillow.
Dan is licensed in New York and he provides his services through Berkshire Hathway HomeServices in Amenia, Beacon, Clinton Corners, Dover Plains, Fishkill, Glenham, Highland, Holmes, Hopewell Junction, Hughsonville, Hyde Park, Kingston, Lagrangeville, Marlboro, Millbrook
Millerton, Milton, New Paltz, Newburgh, Pawling, Pine Plains, Pleasant Valley, Poughkeepsie Poughquag, Red Hook, Rhinebeck, Salt Point, etc.
About: Jill Ogden is a REALTOR in New York. She is associated with Coldwell Banker Timberland Properties. She is FAA licensed to utilize drone photography for spectacular perspectives. Jill specializes in resort and second-home property specialists, lake homes, land, mountain views, vacation properties, relocation, and staging.
Coldwell Banker Timberland Properties: Coldwell Banker Timberland Properties empowers its agents with success better than anyone else in our market by leveraging effective & innovative marketing tools, the power of big data analysis, multiple levels of education – including one-on-one individualized mentorship & coaching, generous distribution of leads, office classes & company-wide courses, & leading exposure from the CB network.
For Home Sellers
- Online Listing: The online listing function is a fantastic marketing tool because it allows prospective buyers a virtual tour of your home.
- Advanced Marketing Strategies: The marketing methods involved by Coldwell Banker will increase traffic to your listing and provide it with a wide audience.
For Home Buyers
- Interactive Map Search: The interactive map search option will allow you to view the homes in your neighborhood. Location is a key factor in the home-buying process.
- Mobile App: You may schedule showings and more using the mobile app in addition to viewing, saving, and favorite-marking listings.
» Real Estate Photography: Create Best Listing Photos
- President’s Elite Award Winner representing the top 1% of Coldwell Banker agents in the world
- Featured speaker at Coldwell Banker’s Generation Blue Experience 2021
Jill Ogden has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on Zillow.
Jill is licensed in New York and provides her services through Coldwell Banker in Andes, Arkville, Big Indian, Bloomville, Bovina Center, Davenport, Davenport Center, Delancey, Delhi, Denver, Downsville, East Meredith, Fleischmanns, Franklin, Gilboa, Grand Gorge, etc.
About: Richard Leasure is a New York REALTOR and Associate Broker at Howard Hanna Pittsford – Monroe Avenue. He specializes in buyer’s agent, listing agent, relocation, commercial real estate
Howard Hanna Pittsford: Established in 1957 by Howard and Anne Freyvogel Hanna, with a single office in Pittsburgh, the family-owned Howard Hanna Real Estate Services is now the #1 family-owned and -operated broker in the country.
For Home Sellers
- Home Value Estimates: You can get a good estimate of your home’s value through an automatic value estimate.
- Breakdown: With the tool that employs an algorithm to provide you with this information, you may find out how many others are looking for a home similar to yours.
For Home Buyers
- Search Feature: The listings are updated continuously so you can receive the latest prices.
- Advanced Tools: You can use a wide variety of tools and services from Howard Hanna to assist you in the home-buying process.
Our Take: We recommend Richard as he has experience of over 40 years in the real estate market. This makes him an expert. He has sold over 1000+ properties until now.
- Ranked #1 Agent in Rochester for Individual Sales in 2020
Richard has a 5-star rating on Howard Hanna
Richard is licensed in New York and provides his services Wayne County, Yates County, NY, Monroe County, Ontario County, Orleans County, and Livingston County.
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
The designation of a Realtor in New York is open to various professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in New York?
The average Realtor commission in New York is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 What is the Real Estate Commission in New York: Know what is the average real estate commission in New York!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
REALTOR vs. Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in New York?
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in New York with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
We have listed the process for finding a New York Realtor who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find Realtors in New York
- Look for New York real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best Realtors: Here are the top REALTORS in the US you should know!
Alternatives to Top Realtors in New York
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will help you list on MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell a home in New York at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale. Whereas, a low commission realtor charges real estate commission less than 3%.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
The best part about selling a house in New York FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡How to Sell Your Own Home in New York: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling a home as is in New York will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Cash Home Buyers in New York: Check our rankings of the top cash companies in NY!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Good REALTORS in New York can make selling a house a cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, closing costs for seller in New York will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee real estate agents, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions about REALTORS in New York
How much does a REALTOR make in NY?
The average salary for a REALTOR is $91060 per year in New York, NY
Who are the top REALTORs in New York?
The Top REALTORS in New York are:
How do I find a good NY REALTOR?
Read up on articles on websites like Houzeo.
Research REALTORS® in your specific county or city.
Read up on customer reviews and rating of that particular REALTOR on rating platforms
Can a REALTOR represent both buyer and seller in New York ?
In New York, that listing agent can show the house to the buyer, but must disclose that they will then be working both for the seller and the buyer, a “dual agent.”
- Types of Title Insurance: Discover various types of title policies a home buyer needs to purchase when buying a home.
- New York Home Inspectors: Check out our rankings of the best home inspectors in New York.
- Appraisal Cost New York: How much does home appraisal cost in New York?
- Staging a Home for Sale: Check out how you can make your home more appealing to buyers.
Related Keywords: housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, top realtors in new york, new york realtors, realtor recommendations, realtors in new york, top realtors, new york realtor, realtor, best realtors nyc, top realtors in new york city ny, more realtors, realtors, top realtor, best realtor in new york, top new york realtors, top realtors in new york city, realtors lists, top rated realtors, popular realtors, top realtors new york city, top nyc realtors, realtor commission ny, realtors new york, cash offer for my home new york, ny flat fee, foreclosure lawyers, title insurance cost in new york, getting preapproved for a mortgage,