The Pennsylvania housing market is finally cooling off. Mortgage rates have shot up. They are expected to remain elevated through 2024.
If you’re a home seller, you’re nervous to sell now with dropping prices. You also don’t want to sell your low-interest mortgage home and buy another home at the current interest rates.
Should you sell now before home prices plummet? Or wait for rates to fall? Unless you want to learn how to sell a house by owner in Pennsylvania, you’re looking for a REALTOR to help.
If you’re a home buyer, you don’t know whether you can even afford a home. Prices are still high. And interest rates have added hundreds of dollars to your mortgage payments. Is now the best time to buy a house in Pennsylvania? Or wait?
A great REALTOR can help you navigate these choppy waters and make the right decision. And once you decide, they can be the pro you rely on to help you buy or sell.
Some REALTORS will save you thousands with technology. Others will help you sell your luxury property for top dollar, and still others can show you how to stop foreclosure in Pennsylvania.
With our rankings of the 7 best REALTORS in Pennsylvania, you can find the right one for a smooth and hassle-free real estate transaction.
🏅 Rankings: Top 7 REALTORS in Pennsylvania
- Dan Demers: Best for Home Sellers
- Derek Greene: Best for FSBO Assistance
- Chris Carr: Best Overall
- Anne Lusk: Best for Home Buers
- Diane Reddington: Best for Property Management
- Kelly Spayd: Best for New Constructions
- Stephan Sitzai: Listing Specialist
Reviews: 7 Best PA REALTORS®
1. Dan Demers, Houzeo
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Daniel Demers founder of Sell Your Home Services is licensed in 10 states. He offers 1 FSBO package:
- For Sale by Owner MLS Listing – $199: This package allows you to list your house on the MLS and hundreds of other real estate websites. You can add up to 30 photos.
Coverage in 10 States: Dan offers direct services in these 10 states – Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his prompt customer service and knowledge in more than ten real estate markets.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
Daniel Demers is one of the best Realtors for the 10 states he serves.
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
- Experienced Agent: Dan is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond to complete the task. He offers his services in 10 real estate markets.
- Easy Listing: You can complete listing formalities in 15-20 minutes. Your listing gets activated in 1 business day.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Dan has access to Houzeo’s 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
We discovered no red flags with Sell Your Home Services during our research. Daniel Demers has an excellent reputation among Realtors.
However, Sell Your Home Services offers only one package which limits your selling options.
Dan Demers Realtor: Dan Demers has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 169 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Dan offers flat fee broker services in 10 states: Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee. He has represented thousands of home sellers.
Daniel Demers is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond his limits to maintain professionalism. Dan is relatively fast to get your property listed.
2. Derek Greene, The Greene Realty Group
BEST FOR FSBO ASSISTANCE
Derek Greene, founder of The Greene Realty Group offers flat fee services in 7 states. The price of the packages varies state-wise.
- Common services include open house assistance, contract review, market analysis, and broker consultation. You can upload 30 photos and add a virtual tour video. You also get legal forms and state disclosure etc.
Coverage in 7 States: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Derek Greene for his exceptional service to FSBO home sellers.
» Derek Greene, The Greene Realty Group: Check out the services provided by Derek Greene via Houzeo.com
Here are a few highlights about The Greene Realty Group:
- Marketing Assistance: Your listing is advertised across popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com and several other syndicated websites. You can also post video tours and advertise open houses through their MLS.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Derek has access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
- Transaction Sides: Derek has sold 500+ properties in the last 12 months and has over 3,565 listings.
In our research, we found no red flags with The Greene Realty Group. Derek has a great reputation among the broker community.
Derek Greene Realtor: Derek Greene has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 171 total reviews on Houzeo.com
Derek Greene is the founder of The Greene Realty Group. He offers his services in 7 states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Derek Greene is a thorough professional. Previous sellers not only saved money, but they also received excellent service and guidance.
3. Christopher Carr, Simple Choice Realty
Chris Carr is Houzeo’s partner listing broker and REALTOR. He provides an unbeatable combination of best-in-class savings, 5-star customer support and cutting-edge technology through Houzeo.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $349+: This is the most basic MLS package. It has a time period of 6 months and lets you to upload up to 24 photos. It also allows you to make unlimited changes to your listing.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum Package – $999+: This is a virtual full-service package. It lets you list your property for 1 year with maximum photos. It also includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: Chris Carr is our top pick as a REALTOR because his services deliver an unbeatable combination of savings and tech features to home sellers and home buyers.
Chris Carr is the owner of Simple Choice Realty. He is partnered with Houzeo to provide top-notch real estate services to his clients.
- Prompt Services: Chris and his team are known for their responsiveness. They promptly address their client’s needs and strive hard for the best possible outcome.
- Maximum Exposure: By listing with Chris, your MLS listing will be syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites. With Houzeo’s social media share feature, you’ll even be able to post your listing on various social media apps.
- Buyer Rebate: When you buy with Chris and his team, they will rebate 1% of the buyer agent commission.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: You get access to a 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
- Transaction Side: Chris has completed 407 sales in the last 12 months.
- #1 on Real Trends by sales volume.
- Board of Directors for the Montgomery County Association of Realtors.
We found no red flags with Chris Carr. Chris has a stellar reputation within the REALTOR community.
Chris Carr Realtor: Chris Carr has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 42 total reviews on Zillow.
Chris Carr is a Realtor based in New Jersey. He is the owner of Simple Choice Realty and offers flat fee services via Houzeo.
He is known to provide top-notch real estate services for both home sellers as well as buyers.
4. Anne Lusk, Sotheby’s International Realty
BEST FOR HOME BUYERS
Anne Lusk is the #1 REALTOR in Lancaster County, PA. She specializes in residential properties, new constructions, relocation, and historic properties.
Anne Lusk is a full service REALTOR. She works with Sotheby’s International Realty and offers real estate services at 5% – 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Anne Lusk for her process expertise. With 29 years of experience, she can help her clients successfully close a deal that is favorable to them.
Anne Lusk is a licensed Realtor in Pennsylvania. She offers complete real estate service in affiliation with Sotheby’s International Realty.
- Property Valuation Report: You can request for a valuation report from Anne to determine the value of your house in the current market. You also get insights on the prices in your neighborhood and the trends in local market.
- Detailed Marketing Plan: Lusk and Associates provide a unique marketing plan that includes professional photography, social media exposure, advertisements, brochures, etc.
- Homes in Diverse Communities: Anne Lusk provides a rare chance for you to purchase properties in unique communities. You can look up properties in the historic side of Lancaster, Creekside properties, and luxurious condos on 101 North Queen.
- Transaction Side: Anne has closed 105 sales in the last 12 months.
- #1 REALTOR in Lancaster County.
- Certified Military Relocation Specialist.
- Ranked 206 in the nation by transaction sides (2012,13).
- Top agent in Pennsylvania for closed sales volume (2012).
In our research, we found no red flags with Anne Lusk. She has a stellar reputation within the REALTORS community. She is known for her professionalism and local expertise.
» Anne Lusk Realtor: Anne Lusk has a 5 out of 5-star review from 19 total reviews 0n Zillow.
Anne Lusk is a licensed Realtor in Pennsylvania. She is a certified military relocation specialist.
Anne offers a great customer experience with the services she provides. She is known for her local market knowledge and professionalism.
5. Diane Reddington, Coldwell Banker Realty
BEST FOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Diane Reddington has 36 years of experience as a REALTOR in Pennsylvania. She specializes in property management and relocation services.
Diane Reddington offers complete real estate services at 5% – 6% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: Diane Reddington is a good choice for clients who require a Realtor with local expertise, and consultation experience.
Diane has an extensive career of over 30 years and is an expert in real estate. She has been a top producer in the state since 1990.
- Free Home Valuation: Diane and her team analyses local market data, trends and current home prices in your neighbourhood. This gives you an accurate estimate to price your home correctly.
- Market Exposure: Your listing is featured across several high-traffic websites for maximum exposure. They advertise your listing to the right audience and find a buyer quickly.
- Prompt Services: Diane is able to respond to your needs quickly via their proprietary software HOMEBASE® InTouch. This ensures everything from marketing to closing your sale goes in your favour.
- Transaction Sides: Diane has completed 108 sales in the last 12 months. She has consistently been a top producer and sold approximately $33.6 million in 2017.
- Recipient of the top agent in the Coldwell Preferred Network (14,15,16).
- Top Coldwell Banker Agent in Pennsylvania.
- 3 Time Legend Award Winner (for the past 15 years).
- Top Lister and Overall Producer for Al O. Viorel’s Ranger’s Course (1994).
In our research, we found no red flags with Diane Reddington. She has an extensive experience in the local market and has a great reputation within the REALTORS community.
Diane Reddington Realtor: Diane Reddington has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 68 total reviews on Zillow.
Diane Reddington is a licensed Realtor in Pennsylvania working with Coldwell Banker Realty.
She has an extensive experience of 36 years in the real estate industry. Diane has sold over 1,229 listings in her career.
6. Kelly Spayd, Keller Williams Platinum Realty
BEST FOR NEW CONSTRUCTIONS
Kelly Spayd is a Pennsylvania REALTOR that specializes in Berks County properties. She offers real estate services via Keller Williams Platinum Realty.
Kelly Spayde offers complete real estate services at the traditional commission rates of 5% – 6%.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Kelly for new constructions. You should look into her online reviews before you choose to sell or buy with Kelly.
Kelly Spayde specialises in new home constructions. She is a top producing agent with over $30 million closed in sales in the last 12 months only.
- Competitive Pricing: Kelly helps you establish a competitive price for your home based on the comparable homes in your area.
- Prepare for Showings: Kelly can advice you about staging and de-cluttering to ensure your home is seen to its full potential. She uses high quality photos and videos to market your home.
- Home Search Feature: You can save your favorite homes and add them to a collection. You can then collaborate with Kelly to decide which ones you want to view in person.
- Pre-Approved Mortgage: You can get a pre-approved mortgage to determine what you can comfortably afford.
- Transaction Sides: Kelly has closed over $35 million in sales last year, helping 125 families buy or sell their dream home.
- Keller Williams Top 5 Agent in the Greater PA Area.
A few past clients complain about poor customer service. Clients have also complained about her lack of response and unprofessionalism. We recommend going through their online reviews before choosing to sell or buy with Kelly.
Kelly Spayd Realtor: Kelly Spayde has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating from 23 total review.
Kelly Spayd is a REALTOR in Pennsylvania. She has closed over $36 million in sales.
Kelly specializes in full-service social media marketing, professional photography, new construction, staging, and relocation.
7. Stephan Sitzai, Houwzer
Stephan Sitzai is a Realtor from Central Pennsylvania. He offers flat fee service via Houwzer and is a listing specialist.
Working with Houwzer, Stephan provides real estate services at 1% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Stephan for the excellent and efficient customer service he provides.
Stephan Sitzai is a flat fee Realtor. He is known for his professionalism and process expertise. Past clients praise him for his responsiveness.
- Expert Broker: Stephan is an expert in the real estate market. Past clients praise him for his understanding of the process and professionalism.
- Extensive Marketing: Stephan features your listing across 66 different platforms and several high traffic real estate websites. You can also upload up to 25 photos of your house on their MLS.
- Buyside®: You get access to exclusive listings before they hit the market through their Buyside platform.
In our research, we found no red flags with Stephan Sitzai. He is well reputed for providing top-notch customer service.
Stephan Sitzai Realtor: Stephan Sitzai has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 30 total reviews on Zillow.
Stephan Sitzai is a flat fee REALTOR based in Pennsylvania. He provides real estate services via Houwzer for commission fees as low as 1%.
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
For becoming a licensed member of the NAR, real estate agents or brokers have to be certified members of a local realtor association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
The designation of a Realtor in Pennsylvania is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Pennsylvania?
The average Realtor commission in Pennsylvania is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and the firm REALTORS work for.
🔎 Real Estate Commission Pennsylvania: Know what the average real estate commission in Pennsylvania is!
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
REALTOR vs. Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in Pennsylvania?
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Pennsylvania with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR specializing in that sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Pennsylvania Realtor who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find Realtors in Pennsylvania
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
» Best Realtors: Here are the top REALTORS in the US you should know!
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top Realtors in Pennsylvania (PA)
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast in the US. These companies will help you list on MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer various services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
» Flat Fee Real Estate Pennsylvania: Check out the best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Pennsylvania.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you:
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you selling a home in Pennsylvania at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale. Whereas, a low commission realtor charges real estate commission less than 3%.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|HomeLight||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. An advanced for sale by owner site like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ How to Sell a House By Owner in Pennsylvania: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home fast for cash, you can skip repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Cash Home Buyers in Pennsylvania: Check our rankings of the top cash companies in PA!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Good REALTORS in Pennsylvania can make selling a house a cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
» Houzeo Reviews: 7 things you should know before you choose Houzeo!
Frequently Asked Questions About REALTORS in Pennsylvania
1. What is a REALTORS commission in Pennsylvania?
In Pennsylvania, the average realtor commission is 5.60 percent, which amounts to a normal realtor charge of $13,100 for an average home in the state. Knowing the average commission rate in your area might help you avoid spending too much for a realtor and precisely anticipate expenses when selling your house.
2. Can I negotiate the real estate commission on Pennsylvania?
Almost all real estate transactions are negotiable, including the commission amount charged by your agent. Before signing a listing agreement in Pennsylvania, you can discuss pricing with your agent.
3. How much are closing costs in Pennsylvania?
Closing costs can range between 5% and 6% of the home's value. The typical closing cost in Pennsylvania is around $4,000 before taxes. Closing costs after taxes might be around $10,000.
4. How much does a realtor make in Pennsylvania?
In Pennsylvania, the average annual income for a realtor is $75,000.
Related: realtors in pennsylvania, real estate pa, real estate in pa, real estate pennsylvania, real estate in pennsylvania, homes in pa, parealestate, pa realtor, realestate in pa, pennsylvania realtors, pensylvania real estate, realtor pa, pennslyvania real estate, realtor Pennsylvania, anne lusk sotheby’s, sotheby’s realty lancaster, diane reddington realtor pa, laurie philip realtor, kelly spayd realtor, clay mitman realtor, clay mitman berkshire hathaway easton pa, sarah west realtor, sarah west compass, bill mcgarrigle remax mainline, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, selling home as is in pennsylvania, inheritance tax in pennsylvania selling property, staging home for sale, calculating closing costs for seller in pennsylvania, cash offer for my house in pennsylvania, fsbo pennsylvania, real estate companies in pennsylvania
- Selling My Home Fast for Cash: Know how to sell your house in quickly and for the most cash.
- Best Time to Sell a House in Pennsylvania: Know the best time to put your Pennsylvania home for sale.
- Seller Disclosure Pennsylvania: Learn how to ace your disclosure process.
- Home Staging Companies in Pennsylvania: Home Staging Companies can help you make your home more appealing to potential buyers. Know how.
- Real Estate Photography Pennsylvania: Make your home stand out with the best listing photos.
- Sellers Closing costs Pennsylvania: Know how much you will pay as a seller in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Websites: Check our rankings of the best real estate websites in Pennsylvania.
Recommended for Buyers
- Foreclosure Meaning: An in-depth guide.
- Title Insurance Coverage in Pennsylvania: Know everything about title-insurance in the home-buying process.
- Appraisal fee in Pennsylvania: Know how much you need to pay for a home-appraisal in Pennsylvania.
- Mortgage Companies in Pennsylvania: Check our rankings of the best mortgage companies in Pennsylvania.