The median home price in Powell has increased by 7.3% to reach $472,000. High prices mean sellers have to pay hefty commissions. In such a case, a home seller may struggle to sell their home without help.
With our rankings of the best REALTORS in Powell, Ohio you can find the right individual for a smooth and hassle-free real estate transaction.
Rankings: Best Realtors in Powell, Ohio
|Best REALTORS in Powell||Standout Feature||More Than 10 Years of Experience||More Than 100 sales in the last 12 months||Avg. Rating|
|1. Glen Whitten||Best Overall||✅||✅||5.0 / 5.0|
|2. Chris Reed||Best for Home Sellers||✅||❌||4.9 / 5.0|
|3. Alison Morris||Best for Home Sellers||✅||❌||5.0 / 5.0|
Reviews: Realtors in Powell, Ohio
1. Glen Whitten, Ohio Property Group, LLC
About: Glen Whitten is an established REALTOR with 22 years of experience in the industry. He specializes in foreclosures, short sales, and consultation services.
Ohio Property Group and OhioMLSFlatFee.com: He and his family run the Ohio Property Group and OhioMLSFlatFee.com. He offers his services to sellers in all 88 Ohio counties. Using Houzeo’s tech, he helps people with marketing, pricing, negotiations, and transaction management.
For Home Sellers
- Save on High Commission: Glen Whitten offers his services through Houzeo’s plans typically for a small flat fee. This will save you thousands. If your buyer is unrepresented, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
- Fast Listing: Glen Whitten offers his services 100% online through Houzeo. Listing is easy and changes are fast. So you can focus on what is most important – your sale.
- Closing Costs Calculator for Sellers: Home sellers can gauge the estimated closing costs to know how much they can save by listing with Glen Whitten.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Search Feature: Buyers can contact you directly on Houzeo.com instead of going through a real estate agent.
- Make an Offer: A home buyer can submit an offer using Houzeo.com if the property is listed on Houzeo through Glen Whiten.
- Closing Costs Calculator for Buyers: Home buyers can use the closing cost calculator to know the approximate closing fees they need to pay at the close.
» List with Glen: Check out the services offered by Glen via Houzeo.com.
- Glen Whitten provides real estate services in 88 counties in Ohio.
- Glen Whitten published the book, “You Can Sell It: How To Advertise, Negotiate, and Close Your Home In Today’s Real Estate Market” in June 2022.
- Sold 439 properties in the last 12 months.
Glen Whitten has a 5-star rating (22 reviews) on Houzeo.com.
Glen Whitten offers his services in Ohio. He covers the following MLS’ in the state:
- Ashland MLS-OH
- Athens MLS-OH
- Cincy MLS-OH
- Columbus MLS-OH
- Dayton MLS-OH (DABR MLS)
- Firelands MLS-OH
- Knox County MLS-OH
- Lancaster Board Of Realtor MLS-OH
- Mansfield MLS-OH
- MLS Now-OH
- Portsmouth MLS-OH
- Scioto Valley Associate of Realtors MLS-OH
- Toledo MLS-OH
- West Central AOR MLS-OH
- Western Regional Information Systems & Technology Inc MLS(WRIST MLS)-OH
2. Chris Reed, Coldwell Banker Realty Metro
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Why Chris Reed is #2: Chris Reed is a REALTOR who helps with Powell real estate transaction. He specializes in listings, relocation services, and short sales.
Coldwell Banker Realty Metro: Coldwell Banker Realty is a subsidiary of Realogy Brokerage Group, the largest nationwide real estate brokerage for real estate properties. Their services are available in more than 50 metro areas across the country. Over 50,000 independent real estate professionals that are affiliated with them ensure smooth and stress-free transactions. They are well-known for their extra-ordinary customer service and consistent performance.
For Home Sellers
- Seller Services Guarantee: Full-service marketing is an exclusive system of Coldwell Bankers. Through this they represent their reliability, and professionalism. Competitive Market Analysis, Marketing Action Plan, Personal and timely response, and Financing Alternatives are the services that are provided. The commitment that exceeds the expectations is backed by their Seller Services guarantee.
- Home Valuation: Sellers can find the value of their homes using the home valuation report. This helps the sellers to valuate their property and plan the sale process accordingly.
For Home Buyers
- Coldwell Banker Realty have a Residential Brokerage’s Home Protection Plan for home buyers that works as a safety net for unexpected home repairs after they move in.
Our Take: Chris Reed is a talented realtor with great knowledge. He is an experienced person when it comes to home selling. Though he is not much into home buying process, but his company provides a good home protection plan for home buyers.
- Chris Reed belongs to verified top 1% of producers in central Ohio.
- He made 69 sales in the last 12 months.
- Sold over 1188 properties until now.
Chris Reed has a 4.9 out of 5-star rating (151 reviews) on Zillow.
Chris Reed is licensed in Ohio, he provides real estate services in Powell, Dublin, Columbus, Westerville, Grove City, Hilliard, New Albany.
3. Alison Morris, Re/Max Revealty
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Why Alison Morris is #3: Alison Morris is a licensed real estate agent who helps people to sell their homes efficiently. She is specialized in relocation, consulting, listing services, and as buyer’s agent.
RE/MAX Revealty: RE/MAX Revealty is central Ohio’s largest and fastest growing brokerage. Their advanced technology combined with the marketing strategies and expertise of the local REALTORS.
For Home Sellers
- Seller Representation Services: Realtor Alison Morris represents home sellers to sell their homes to the best home buyer. Her knowledge of the local market and negotiation skills have helped many people to sell their properties at a fair price.
- AVM Feature: Automated Valuation Model is a feature available on the website where you can enter your address and estimate your home value. It uses an automated computer algorithm based on historic and sales data
- Free Competitive Market Analysis: A free report is prepared by the agent which compares similar properties in your neighborhood that are currently up for sale or have been sold.
For Home Buyers
- Mobile App: Best of the website in your pocket. You can access all your favorite listings, saved searches, etc. Access it anytime and anywhere either by browsing on a website or mobile.
- Home Search Feature: Alison’s website allows homebuyers to search for listings. They can also arrange the postings by home type, price, and availability of virtual tours.
- Monthly Mortgage Estimate: Buyers can even find out their monthly mortgage payment by entering the purchase price, down payment, and loan type on the listings page.
Our Take: We recommend Alison Morris because she is a licensed real estate broker who helps in listings, and relocation. Her knowledge and negotiation skills are very helpful for people to sell their properties at fair prices. Her competitive analysis report helps home sellers to keep up with the current market scenario.
- Ranked for 2 consecutive years in the region.
- Alison Morris is a licensed Real Estate Broker since 2004.
- Sold over 53 properties in last 12 months.
- Awarded for RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Has been awarded Platinum Club award in 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Has consecutively been awarded with various awards from 2010 to 2021.
Alison Morris has a 5-star rating (56 reviews) on Zillow.
Alison Morris is licensed in Ohio, and she provides services in Powell, Dublin, Hilliard, Lewis Centre, Delaware, Westerville, Columbus.
What are Realtor Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
For becoming a licensed member of the NAR, a real estate agent or broker has to be a certified member of a local realtor association and complete their NAR Code of Ethics training.
Membership to be a Realtor in Powell, Ohio is open to a variety of professionals like commercial brokers, agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A Comprehensive Guide
What is the Average Realtor Commission in Powell, Ohio?
The average Realtor commission in Powell is typically between 5 and 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies from sale to sale depending on the region and firm they work for.
🔎 Average Real Estate Agent Commission: Know what is the average real estate commission in the US!
REALTOR vs. Real Estate Agent vs. Real Estate Broker
|Sr. No.||Defining Features||Real Estate Agent||Real Estate Broker||REALTOR®|
|1.||Explanation||A real estate professional possessing the license to assist people in buying, selling, or renting real estate.||A real estate professional having in-depth knowledge of the field, who has obtained a license after completing additional coursework beyond the agent level.||Real estate agents or real estate brokers can become realtors by becoming members of the NAR. They follow the NAR Code of Ethics and are held to a higher standard than real estate agents and brokers.|
|2.||Training||No additional training is required except the completion of the prelicensing coursework||Required to undergo additional training pertaining to contracts, insurance, taxes, and ethics||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|3.||Eligibility||Required to pass the pre-licensing exam to obtain an agent’s license||Required to have some experience working as an agent and obtain a broker’s license after completing additional coursework||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|4.||Mode of Operation||Real estate agents are required to work for a broker or a brokerage.||Brokers can either start their brokerage or work independently as agents.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
|5.||Responsibility||Seller agents are required to help the seller price the property, host open houses, be present during the inspection, provide contract assistance, etc.||Brokers are required to oversee other agents working for them and hold other roles depending on whether they are a Principal Broker, Managing Broker, or Associate Broker.||Same as a Real Estate Agent and/or Broker|
How to Find a REALTOR in Powell, Ohio?
Home sellers can find the right REALTOR in Powell, Ohio with proper research. If you wish to sell a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
We have listed the process for finding a Powell Realtor who will help you in your real estate journey.
How to Find Realtors in Powell
- Look for real estate agents or brokers who are members of the NAR.
- Verify whether they provide cutting-edge tech.
- Check their customer reviews.
- Find out whether they offer optional online paperwork.
- Interview Realtors and convey your requirement.
- Compare the Realtors based on commission percentage and services provided.
- Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Top Realtors in Powell, Ohio
If saving money is the main goal you should consider the following:
1. Sell with Flat Fee MLS Companies
With Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo real estate, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology to sell your house fast. These companies will list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars.
They also offer a range of other services like showing management, offer management, and digital transaction management. These companies are the cheapest way to get your house on the MLS and maximize your profits.
We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services near you.
2. Sell with Discount Brokers
Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
These Flat Fee Realtors have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a lower rate than traditional real estate brokers.
Here are our top recommendations:
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|SimpleShowing||1% of the sale price|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
|Redefy||$3500 Flat Fee|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out detailed reviews of top discount real estate brokers near you.
3. Sell “For Sale By Owner”
77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
The best part about selling a house by owner is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without a Realtor. Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ Sell Your Home Fast As FSBO: Check out our tips for selling your home like a pro with FSBO
Selling with a Realtor vs. FSBO vs. Flat Fee MLS
|Features||Selling With a Realtor||Selling by Owner (purely FSBO)||Selling with a Flat Fee MLS Service like Houzeo|
|💲 Pricing||👎 3% listing agent commission||👍 Savings on listing agent commission, you only pay the buyer agent commission||👍 A small Flat Fee for listing. Unrepresented buyers can help you save on buyer agent commission|
|⚙️ Control Over Transaction||👎 Minimal control of the owner||👎 Full control, zero guidance||👍 Full control, Houzeo's 5-star customer support for guidance|
|📞 Contacting Buyers and Managing Offers||👎 No direct contact, meetings depend on agent's convenience||👎 Handling multiple offers and buyers all on your own||👍 Direct contact with prospective buyers. Manage offers efficiently with Houzeo's dashboard.|
|💻 Technology||👎 Manual, outdated technology with tedious paperwork||👎 Single-handed management without tech-support||👍 Houzeo Showings app helps you manage showings at your convenience, & the Settlement Agent Platform guides you until closing|
|💰 Closing Cost Estimation||👍 Guaranteed expert advice||👎 Estimation can go wrong||👍 Accurate estimation with Houzeo's Advanced Closing Cost Calculator|
|📢 Exposure||👍 MLS exposure||👎 Zero MLS access||👍 Exposure on MLS, social media, & 100+ real estate websites|
4. Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
When selling a home for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. Selling your house as-is will save you money and time. Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, whether it’s a distressed property or not.
Lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies speed up the closing process significantly.
⚡ Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Powell, Ohio: Check our rankings of the top cash companies!
5. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. An iBuyer offers and closes the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than to save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property in the most hassle-free manner.
However, with the average REALTOR commission being 6% across the nation – split 50-50 between the listing and the buyer agent, your profits on the sale are substantially reduced. Additionally, seller closing costs will eat away at your profits.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor, empowered by Houzeo, can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
💸 Want To Save On The REALTOR® Commission?
We have got you covered. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Additional Resources for Home Sellers
Selling a House in Ohio: Know the ins and outs of Selling a House in Ohio.
How to Sell a House by Owner in Ohio: Know how Selling a House in Ohio saves you thousands in agent commissions.
Seller’s Disclosure Ohio: Know how useful a seller disclosure form is for sellers.
How to Sell my House Fast for Cash : Know how you can sell your house fast for cash.
Flat Fee MLS Companies in Ohio: Know how listing your home with flat fee mls companies saves you from huge expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Realtor's commission in Ohio?
When you sell a home with a realtor in Ohio, your listing agent will typically take home 1.595% of the total sale price. Less than you thought, right? Even though the typical realtor fee in Ohio is 5.81%, that money is actually split between your agent, the buyer's agent, and each of their brokers.
What is the best real estate company in Ohio?
If you live in Columbus and want to sell your home quickly, consider working with Offerpad. You can also connect with a real estate professional by using an agent-matching service like Clever Real Estate or UpNest.
How do I find the best local estate agent?
Select a shortlist of estate agents
Ask family, friends and neighbours – it's always good to have a personal recommendation. Compare local estate agents based on the facts: how quickly they sell property, how close they come to achieving the asking price and how successful they are.