The South Carolina housing market is cooling off. Mortgage rates have shot up. They are expected to remain elevated through 2024.
If you’re a home seller, you’re nervous to sell now with dropping prices. You also don’t want to sell your low-interest mortgage home, and buy another home at the current interest rates.
Should you sell now before home prices plummet? Or wait for rates to fall? Unless you want to learn how to sell a house by owner in South Carolina, you’re looking for a REALTOR to help.
If you’re a home buyer, you don’t know whether you can even afford a home. Prices are still high. And interest rates have added hundreds of dollars to your mortgage payments. Is now the best time to buy a house in South Carolina? Or wait?
A great REALTOR can help you navigate these choppy waters and make the right decision. And once you decide, they can be the pro you rely on to help you buy or sell.
Some REALTORS will save you thousands with technology. Others will help you sell your luxury property for top dollar, and still others can show you how to stop foreclosure in South Carolina.
Reviews: 7 Best REALTORS In South Carolina
1. Randal Longo, Houzeo Affiliate
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Randal Longo is a Realtor licensed in Florida. He offers flat fee services via Keys Realty Redefined and Houzeo.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $349+: This package has a time period of 6 months and lets you to upload up to 24 photos. It also allows you to make unlimited changes to your listing.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for like Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum Package – $999+: This package lets you list your property for 1 year with maximum photos. It also includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: Randal Longo is our top pick as a REALTOR in Florida because his services deliver an unbeatable combination of savings and tech features to home sellers and home buyers.
Randal Longo provides top-notch real estate services to his clients. He is an excellent flat fee REALTOR option for home sellers.
- Excellent Customer Service: Randal and his team provide top quality customer experience. They are known for providing timely support to their clients.
- Top Negotiator: Randal is a top negotiator. He consistently sells homes above their listing price.
- Access Top Properties: With Randal, you will have access to the best properties with details like photographs, neighborhood appeal, schools in the area etc.
- Transaction Side: Randal has made 368 sales in the last 12 months, selling properties for as much as $281,000.
We found no red flags with Realtor Randal Longo. Randal has a stellar reputation within the REALTOR community.
» Randal Longo Realtor: Randal has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 stars out of 5.0 from a total of 145 reviews on Houzeo.com
Randal is a licensed real estate broker associated with Houzeo and Keys Realty Redefined in Florida. He has an overall experience of 12 years in the industry.
He is well reputed among the Realtor community. Randal is known to provide top notch services for both home sellers and home buyers.
2. Dan Demers
BEST FOR HOME SELLERS
Daniel Demers founder of Sell Your Home Services is licensed in 10 states. He offers 1 FSBO package:
- For Sale by Owner MLS Listing – $199: This package allows you to list your house on the MLS and hundreds of other real estate websites. You can add up to 30 photos.
Coverage in 10 States: Dan offers direct services in these 10 states – Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Daniel J. Demers for his prompt customer service and knowledge in more than ten real estate markets.
» Daniel Demers Realtor: Check out the services offered by Dan Demers via Houzeo.com
Daniel Demers is one of the best Realtors for the 10 states he serves.
- Transaction Sides: He has sold 935 properties in the last 12 months.
- Experienced Agent: Dan is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond to complete the task. He offers his services in 10 real estate markets.
- Easy Listing: You can complete listing formalities in 15-20 minutes. Your listing gets activated in 1 business day.
- Houzeo Agent Advantage: Dan has access to Houzeo’s 100% online platform that facilitates easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and offers.
We discovered no red flags with Sell Your Home Services during our research. Daniel Demers has an excellent reputation among Realtors.
However, Sell Your Home Services offers only one package which limits your selling options.
Dan Demers Realtor: Dan Demers has an “Excellent” 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 169 total reviews on Houzeo.com.
Dan offers flat fee broker services in 10 states: Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Tennessee. He has represented thousands of home sellers.
Daniel Demers is knowledgeable and willing to go beyond his limits to maintain professionalism. Dan is relatively fast to get your property listed.
3. Kevin Mills, Century 21 Barefoot Realty
TOP PRODUCING REALTOR
Kevin Mills is one of the top producing and selling REALTORS in South Carolina. He works in affiliation with Century 21 Barefoot Realty.
Kevin Mills offers real estate services at 5% – 6% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: Kevin prioritizes the real estate needs of the clients and consistently communicates with them. He gives the best results and maximizes the buyers/sellers’ power by assisting them.
Kevin has been recognized and awarded for his excellence in the real estate industry. He has consistently been a top producer in the state of South Carolina.
- Affordability Calculator: You can calculate your finances with various options to calculate mortgage, refinancing, amortization, etc.
- Marketing Assistance: Kevin and his team are local experts with state-of-the-art marketing resources. This ensures your listing receives maximum exposure and the right buyer.
- Easy Exit Listing Agreement: You can terminate the listing agreement in case you don’t want to sell or are unhappy with the customer experience.
- Transaction Side: Kevin has closed 241 sales in the last 12 months.
- #1 REALTOR in South Carolina based on volume from 2018 – 2020.
- #1 REALTOR In South Carolina with Century 21.
We found no red flags with Kevin Mills during our research. He has a stellar reputation within the REALTORS community and and considered a top producer in the state.
Kevin Mills Realtor: Kevin Mills has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 228 total reviews on Zillow.
Kevin Mills is a licensed Realtor in South Carolina. He has been recognised as the #1 Century 21 REALTOR in SC out of 135,000 agents.
Kevin’s market research and aggressive marketing strategy set him apart from other Realtors in the area.
4. Melanie Fink, Allen Tate Realtors
Melanie Fink is a licensed Realtor in South Carolina. She is partnered with Allen Tate Realtors to provide real estate services to home sellers as well as buyers.
Melanie is a full-service Realtor and charges 5% – 6% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: Melanie is highly experienced in negotiation. With her negotiation skills, she maximizes results for the clients by providing them with the optimal price.
Melanie Fink is a Lake Keowee are specialist. She is best known for her negotiation skills.
- Marketing Assistance: Melanie uses cutting-edge technology and advanced tools to feature your home across top websites. They also undertake professional photography, virtual tours etc. to market your home better.
- Expert Negotiator: Melanie is an expert negotiator. She consistently sells homes above their listing price.
- TateMAP: It is an interactive search tool that you can use for advanced property searches. You can search properties based on nearby schools, points of interest, community profiles etc.
- Financing Resources: Melanie is partnered with several companies in the areas of mortgage, insurance, relocation, title etc. This gives you access to any finance resources in one place.
- Transaction Side: Melanie completed 72 sales in the last 12 months.
- #1 Individual Agent in the Western Upstate
- Red Penguin Quality Certification
- #3 in the entire South Carolina for units sold.
- Monthly Top Performer of Allen Tate Realtors.
- #1 agent within Allen Tate Realtors based on home sales.
In our research, we found no red flags with Melanie Fink. She is well reputed within the REALTORS community and has extensive knowledge of the local real estate market.
» Melanie Fink Realtor: Melanie Fink has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 187 total reviews on Zillow.
Melanie Fink is one of the most experienced realtors in South Carolina. She has extensive knowledge of the local real estate market and the constantly changing guidelines.
She has an impressive sales record and was awarded the President’s Circle in 2022 for $20 million – $90 million in sales closed.
5. Paige Bird, RE/MAX Southern Shores
BEST FOR RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES
Paige Bird is a top REALTOR in South Carolina. She works in affiliation with RE/MAX Realty and has an experience of 19 years in the local real estate market.
Paige offers real estate services for home sellers and buyers at the standard rate of 5% – 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: Clients who seek a professional and enthusiastic RELATOR with exceptional services can consider Paige.
Paige offers complete real estate services via RE/MAX.
- Advanced Marketing: They feature your listing across several high-traffic websites for greater exposure. They also make use 0f print media like brochures and flyers of your home to advertise it locally.
- Mobile App: Their mobile app gives users access to all the content online at their fingertips. You can manage listings, search homes etc. directly from your phone.
- Interactive Map Search: Using their map tool, you can narrow down your search based on your preferred city, county and neighborhood.
- RE/MAX Hall of fame in 2009.
- #78 RE/MAX Agent in 2019 on National Level in the United States.
- Winner of the Titan, Chairman’s, Platinum and 100% Club Awards by RE/MAX.
- #1 RE/MAX Agent in South Carolina in 2010, 2011, 2014 – 2019.
- Member of of Wall College of Business Board of Visitors and Coastal Carolina Athletic Foundation.
- Member of Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce and American Business Women’s Association.
During our research, we came across a few negative reviews for Paige Bird. A few past customers have complained about the poor customer experience she provides. Clients have highlighted certain issues like the lack of timely responses, poor communication and general unprofessionalism.
» Paige Bird Realtor: Paige Bird has a 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 144 total reviews on Zillow.
Paige Bird is a licensed Realtor in South Carolina working with RE/MAX Southern Shores.
She believes in providing high-quality, professional services to buyers/sellers. Paige is considered a local expert and has won several awards for her sales volume.
6. Jake Lee, Keller Williams Realty
BEST FOR FORECLOSURES
Jake Lee is one of the top REALTORS in South Carolina. He works with one of the largest international franchisors Keller Williams.
Jake offers complete real estate services at 5% – 6% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: Jake is an expert in assisting with foreclosure properties and relocation. His ability to think out of the box makes him different from other REALTORS in the market.
Jake Lee is a licensed REALTOR in South Carolina. He is the founder of the Jake Lee Real Estate Team and works with Keller Williams Realty.
- Competitive Pricing: Jake can help you establish a competitive price for your home using local market data.
- Prepare for Showings: Jake and his team advise you about home staging and de-cluttering. They use high quality photos and videos to ensure your home is seen to it’s full potential.
- Pre-approved Mortgage: You can get pre-approved for a mortgage to help determine what you can afford comfortably with Jake.
- Top 20 Realtors in the South-Eastern region of SC.
- Total sales volume of 0ver $200 million in his career.
In our research, we found no red flags with Jake Lee. He has a great reputation within the REALTORS community.
» Jake Lee Realtor: Jake Lee has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 102 total reviews on Zillow.
Jake Lee is a licensed REALTOR in South Carolina. He works in affiliation with Keller Williams.
Jake specialises in relocation and foreclosure properties. He has closed over $200 million in sales throughout his career.
7. Jessica Wynne Vogel
Jessica Wynne Vogel
Jessica Wynne Vogel is a licensed Realtor in South Carolina. She works via 1% Lists Carolinas, a discount real estate brokerage.
Jessica offers a 100% full service package at 1% real estate commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jessica for home sellers who are looking to save on real estate commissions.
Jessica Vogel offers discount real estate services in South Carolina.
- Low Commissions: Their brokerage charges a seller commission of 1%. This is significantly lower than the national average of 3%.
- Maximum Exposure: Your listing is featured on the MLS, Realtor, Zillow and other platforms. They also market your property across social media platforms and local magazines.
- Full Service: Being a full service firm, they will handle all your seller responsibilities.
In our research, we found no red flags with Jessica Vogel. She has a great reputation within the REALTORS community.
Jessica Vogel: Jessica has a 5 out of 5-star rating from 57 total reviews on Zillow.
Jessica Wynne Vogel is a Realtor in South Carolina. She works in affiliation with 1% Lists Carolinas.
Jessica offers full-package real estate services at 1% real estate commission.
What are REALTOR Agents?
Realtor Agents are real estate professionals adhering to the code of ethics laid down by the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), America’s largest real estate association.
REALTORS can be commercial brokers, real estate agents, appraisers, property managers, and counselors working in the real estate sector.
» NAR Code of Ethics: A REALTOR’s pledge to business integrity and fair dealing.
What is the Average Realtor Commission in South Carolina?
The average Realtor commission is typically between 5% – 6%. However, this fee is negotiable and varies state-wide.
With increasing competition and better alternatives, Realtor agents are willing to lower their commissions and provide concessions to the home seller.
» How to Negotiate Real Estate Commissions: Pro tips on how to negotiate agent commissions and save thousands!
Who Pays REALTOR Fees in South Carolina?
The seller typically pays the REALTOR fees. Although the seller is responsible for paying these fees, they can always negotiate with the buyer on this.
In simple terms, it can be said that REALTOR fees are a part of the sale price of a home.
Do Closing Costs include REALTOR Fees?
Yes! Realtor fees are a major part of closing costs. Closing costs, also known as “settlement costs,” are the final expenses to complete the real estate transaction.
1. Home Selling
A sizeable chunk of the seller’s closing costs, comprising 5%–6% of the sales price, is made up of REALTOR commissions. It is important to note that the seller pays a commission to both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
The commissions can vary according to the type of service you want to opt for selling your home.
- Flat Fee MLS: Sell your home with an average fee of $399 and save thousands in commissions. Get the best possible exposure for your home by listing it on the MLS.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers: The average fee these low-commission brokers charge is $5,000 or 1.5% of the sale price. They provide services at reduced rates thereby making them a top choice for sellers.
⚡Seller Closing Costs in South Carolina: Find out what closing costs you pay as a seller in South Carolina.
2. Home Buying
Buyer closing costs do not usually include the REALTOR fees. However, this fee is already included in the price the buyer pays for their home.
⚡Buyer Closing Costs in South Carolina: Find what closing costs you pay as a buyer in South Carolina.
REALTORS vs. Agents vs. Brokers
- Real Estate Agents: Agents are licensed professionals who represent buyers or sellers in real estate transactions. They must work with a broker or a brokerage.
- Real Estate Broker: Brokers are agents with experience and a license, allowed after completing additional coursework. They can either start their own brokerage or work independently as agents.
- REALTOR®: REALTORs are agents or brokers that are members of NAR and follow NAR’s code of ethics. Their modes of operation and responsibilities include that of agents and/or brokers.
How to Find REALTORS in South Carolina?
Home sellers and buyers can find a top-rated REALTOR with proper research. If you wish to sell or buy a single-family home or a condo, it is essential to find a REALTOR who specializes in that type of sale.
Here’s how you can find a Realtor for your home selling/buying needs:
- Find Licensed Realtors: Look for agents who are members of the NAR. Select Realtors with lower commission rates and check whether they provide virtual or full services.
- Interview Realtors: Interview short-listed Realtors and convey your requirements. Find out their specialisation, whether they offer cutting-edge technology and online services.
- Review and Finalize: Check reviews on trusted websites like Google, Yelp, Trustpilot, etc. Finalize the one that best understands your real estate goals.
Best Realtors Near Me
|Realtors in Florence, SC|
Can You List Your Home on the MLS Without a REALTOR?
No. Only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS. There is no way to list on the MLS without an agent.
You can just opt for a Flat Fee MLS listing service. With a Flat-Fee MLS listing, you pay a small fee instead of a full listing agent commission. A Flat Fee MLS listing is the fastest way to get listed on the MLS and hit the market.
With high-tech services like Houzeo real estate, you can get listed faster than a traditional full-service Realtor. And save thousands!
» How to Get Access to MLS: Here’s how to list on MLS without a REALTOR!
Alternatives to Realtors in South Carolina
Realtors are the best option for first-time home sellers. But if saving money is your goal, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Discount real estate brokers in South Carolina offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Service: With South Carolina Flat-Fee MLS companies, you can not only save thousands of dollars in commissions but also take advantage of their technology for selling your house without a Realtor.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes nationwide. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in South Carolina.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in South Carolina make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
Having a good REALTOR® when selling or buying a house can make the process a cakewalk. Their guidance can help you get the best price for your property or find your dream home.
However, the average REALTOR commission of 6% reduces your profits substantially. Additionally, seller closing costs are quite high.
Although there is no escaping the closing costs, opting for Flat Fee Realtor can help you save 3% listing agent commission.
Frequently Asked Questions About Realtors in South Carolina
How to become a REALTOR in South Carolina?
To become a REALTOR in South Carolina, you need to follow these five basic steps:
1. Finish with the 90 hours of approved education of real estate
2. Clear the course final exam with good grades
3. Clear the background check
4. Pass the real estate salesperson exam of South Carolina
5. Ensure that you complete the licensing application for practicing as a REALTOR
What is the average REALTOR fees in South Carolina?
Real estate commissions can be negotiated, but the REALTORS charge around 5 percent to 6 percent of a home sale price as their fees.
Who pays REALTOR fees in South Carolina?
Typically, home sellers have to pay REALTORS' fees in South Carolina.
How much do REALTORS make in South Carolina?
The average base pay of a REALTOR in South Carolina is $89,705 per year.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in South Carolina.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
- Real Estate Companies in South Carolina: Check out the best real estate companies in South Carolina.
- Selling a House By Owner in South Carolina: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House in South Carolina.
- Selling a House As Is in South Carolina: If you want to sell your house without incurring any repair charges, then check out this blog on the ‘as-is’ approach.
- For Sale By Owner Contract in South Carolina: Check out how to create a contract for an FSBO transaction in South Carolina.
Related Keywords: realtors south carolina, realtor south carolina, realtors sc, realtors in sc, paige bird real estate, paige bird realtor, myrtle beach, paige bird realtor, kevin mills realtor, melanie fink realtor seneca sc, melanie fink allen tate, melanie fink realtor, getting preapproved for a mortgage melanie fink real estate, list of realtors in south carolina, houses, south carolina realtor license, pam cline realtor south carolina, realtor license south carolina, realtor salary south carolina, south carolina cash offer, fsbo websites, average closing costs south carolina, sc flat fee, fsbo sc, houzeo review, prevu reviews, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, realtors in SCRealtors South Carolina