We Buy Houses is a network of real estate investors that makes cash offers on homes as-is. They provide a quick closing timeline that helps sellers who need money urgently.
However, webuyhouses.com’s offerings aren’t as straightforward as they seem. You may have to settle for an extremely lowball offer for your property.
Let’s look at We Buy Houses reviews and their alternatives to help you get the property value you deserve!
- Pros: You can offload your distressed property easily with We Buy Houses. Unlike iBuyers, they don’t have strict eligibility criteria.
- Cons: We Buy Houses typically purchases homes for 50% to 70% of their Fair Market Value (FMV). You cannot negotiate a higher offer and have to lose out on your equity.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend We Buy Houses. Instead, list your home on a cash buyer marketplace like Houzeo to get 100% of your property’s Fair Market Value. Compare Houzeo vs. We Buy Houses.
What is We Buy Houses?
We Buy Houses is a company offering cash for homes. They buy houses as is, repair the properties, and sell them for a profit.
This network of real estate investors works on a franchise model. So, each WBH office is independently owned and operated by a local We Buy Houses licensee.
This licensee is a pre-screened real estate investor with an exclusive right to use WBH marketing tools in their county or city.
🚨 Beware: You will not get the same quality of service nationwide. So, check your local We Buy Houses franchisee’s reviews before opting for this company.
We Buy Houses
WeBuyHouses.com is a pre-vetted real estate investor network. We Buy Houses “thoroughly” vet their investors before authorizing them to operate independent offices in their respective jurisdictions.
- Service Fee: None
- Typical Offer: 50% to 70% of Fair Market Value (FMV)
- Eligible Properties: Distressed properties with structural issues, relocation of the homeowner, couples going through a divorce, a death in the family, flawed mortgage financing, inherited homes, high-crime neighborhoods, etc.
- Closing Offer Terms: We Buy Houses provides a flexible closing date, up to 60 days out. Offer terms are inflexible.
👉 Our Take: We Buy Houses operates on a franchise model, so the quality of service may differ. You should check the reviews of the local franchise before requesting cash for your home.
» We Buy Houses Reviews: Everything you need to know about WeBuyHouses.com.
- Fast Cash Offers for Houses: You will typically receive WeBuyHouses.com’s initial cash offer within two days.
- Zero Service Fees: WeBuyHouses doesn’t charge any service fee in exchange for the convenience of selling your home for cash
- Fast Closing: We Buy Houses.com will close in just seven days after you accept their cash offer.
- Firm Cash Offer: We Buy Houses Com’s cash offer is usually in line with the preliminary cash offer unless the inspector identifies major flaws during the home inspection.
- Broad Coverage: We Buy Houses makes cash offers on properties in 200 markets in over 30 states. WeBuyHouses com has 2,700 offices nationwide.
- Zero Upfront Expenses: When selling to WeBuyHouses Com, you don’t need to prep the home or worry about repairs.
» What is we buy houses? To know more about them check this out.
In our research, we came across some dealbreakers with We Buy Houses.
- Lowball Cash Offer: We Buy Houses investors may put in lowball cash offers around 50% to 70% of the fair market value. This is lower than what you can get on the open market.
- WeBuyHouses.com is Not 100% Online: WeBuyHouses has a limited tech stack. This means a lot of processes, like requesting a counteroffer or managing inspections, will be offline and manual. We Buy Houses does not offer a mobile app.
- Non-Negotiable Cash Offers: A ‘We Buy Houses’ investor may not offer more than 70% of your property’s fair market value. Even if your property isn’t distressed, they will rarely budge on the offer price.
- Inconsistent Quality of Service: When you sell to a cash buyer franchise like WBH, you sell your house to a local real estate investor. The service quality will differ based on the independent investor you are dealing with.
» WeBuyHouses.com Reviews: Learn how WeBuyHouses.com works.
We Buy Houses has zero customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» webuyhouses.com reviews: Check this out to know more about them.
Properties We Buy Houses Purchases
“We Buy Properties As Is” companies like We Buy Houses purchase all kinds of homes at a steep discount from distressed sellers. Eligible properties include:
- Homes with structural damages
- Rental properties with tiresome tenants
- Inherited houses
- Houses facing foreclosure
- Homes in high-crime neighborhoods
When compared to other cash home buyers, you may be robbed of a huge chunk of money with WBH companies.
To avoid such a possibility, list on the MLS with a flat fee company like Houzeo. You can compare multiple offers from cash companies and iBuyers alike.
Is We Buy Houses Legit?
Yes, WeBuyHouses.com is a legitimate company founded by Jeremy Brandt in 1997. According to their website, they have worked with over 1 million homeowners.
Currently, this cash buyer has around 2,700 offices scattered across the country.
We Buy Houses Coverage Area
We Buy Houses is a national cash home buyer covering all 50 states of America and Washington D.C.
The We Buy Houses investor network is spread over 200 markets and is constantly expanding with local investors. So, homeowners looking for a quick cash sale can approach a WBH investor in their city.
How Does We Buy Houses Work?
Getting a cash offer from We Buy Houses is straightforward:
- Enter Your Property Details: Add your property details, asking price, the type of house, and reason for selling on the We Buy Houses website.
- Schedule a Home Inspection: Once they receive your information, this “We Buy Houses As Is” company will visit your home for an inspection.
- Receive the Cash Offer: WeBuyHouses.com will extend a firm cash offer within 24 to 48 hours after the home inspection.
- Close the Sale: This offer is valid for 30 days and you are under no obligation to accept it. However, if you do accept the offer, you can pick a closing date of your choice and complete the sale.
👉 Important: Review local housing sales data and determine the FMV of your property before requesting a cash offer from We Buy Houses in USA.
How Much Does We Buy Houses Pay?
Cash buyers like We Buy Houses apply the 70% rule when extending offers for homes. According to this rule, WBH will pay 70% of your property’s After Repair Value (ARV), excluding the repair costs.
They follow this simple formula when calculating their cash offer:
Maximum offer = ARV x 0.7 – Estimated Repair Costs
When you contact We Buy Houses, a representative will calculate a preliminary cash offer based on:
- The sale price of other homes in your locality.
- Local market data.
- In-depth property research.
The final offer is generally based on the result of the home inspection. Additionally, WeBuyHouses.com deducts the repair costs, holding costs, estimated profit, etc., before giving you the offer.
For Example: Your house is worth $300,000 but needs $25,000 in repairs. You can expect a $185,000 cash offer from WeBuyHouses.com.
💸 Why Give Away Your Hard-Earned Equity? 💸
Houzeo is the fastest, high-tech way to get on the MLS and get the best offers from multiple cash home buyers.
Start Your FREE Listing NOW!
We Buy Houses vs. Houzeo
Selling to We Buy Houses seems hassle-free. But you pay for this convenience by selling your home at a reduced price.
On the other hand, an MLS listing with Houzeo’s Gold plan equips you with advanced technology to call for the highest and best offers. You can also counter offers to help you get a deal closer to your expectations.
|We Buy Houses||Houzeo|
|Sale Price||50% to 70% of FMV||Up to 100% of FMV|
|Customer Rating||3.29 stars (7 reviews)||4.9 stars (1,096 reviews)|
|Closing Timeline||7 to 14 days||2 to 60 days|
|Fees/Commissions||❌||$399 + 3% Buyer Agent Commission|
|Closing Costs||❌||1% to 3% Closing Costs|
|Scope for Negotiation||❌||✅|
» Houzeo Reviews: Still not convinced? Read what others have to say about Houzeo.
We Buy Houses Franchise
The We Buy Houses franchise model works by including local real estate investors in their network. To become eligible for a WBH office, an investor must:
- Have no red flags in their background.
- Have a good credit score.
- Maintain a good reputation in the local market.
- Have practiced for a certain number of years in the real estate industry.
- Have purchased a pre-required number of houses.
Investors also have to pay a one-time license fee of $20,000 and a flat monthly service fee of $1,800 to be a part of the We Buy Houses Marketing program*
*The license and monthly service fees vary based on the locality’s housing density and population.
We Buy Houses Reviews
We Buy Houses company has a 3.29 out of 5-star rating on BBB based on 7 reviews.
WeBuyHouses.com reviews and testimonials highlight the brand’s credibility and good customer service. However, this varies based on the We Buy Houses office you’re working with.
✅ Jill was thrilled with how quickly she received a cash offer from We Buy Houses.
Scott Hurt and TJ Maurer of WBH are top notch. I needed to sell my home to relocate and had let the maintenance of my home slide…Scott and TJ were accommodating with my timeline to vacate and made the closing of my home a breeze. No closing costs, no hassle. It literally took 15 minutes.
✅ Larae shed light on the WBH representative’s professionalism.
Top notch professionalism from start to finish! Promises were made and kept. The deal was fair to all parties and he went the mile to make sure the deal was a complete success.
❌ Justin was frustrated with We Buy Houses’ spammy marketing tactics.
I have been called several times by this company’s representatives to ask about purchasing my house. I have said several times to be taken off their call list and I have reminded them each time I’ve got a call from them that I’m on the national do not call list.
❌ Vanessa was furious about the random calls from WBH representatives.
I keep getting texts from “new people” from this company, and no matter how many times I reply STOP and report them as spam to my carrier, I keep getting more.
We Buy Houses: Pros and Cons
We Buy Houses fast companies are convenient for sellers who need cash quickly. However, their pros and cons paint a clearer picture:
✅ WeBuyHouses.com Pros
Cash home buyers have certain advantages over traditional home-selling processes. Let’s see how We Buy Houses matches up to these expectations.
- Buy As Is Houses: This “We Buy Homes Fast” company purchases houses as is. So, even if your property is facing foreclosure or needs heavy repairs, you will get a cash offer.
- Fast Cash Offer: WBH is known for extending cash offers within 24-48 hours. So, you can get quick cash in hand if you’re in a hurry.
- Quick Closing: Webuyhouses reviews say they close in as little as two weeks. They also have a flexible timeline and can close on a date suitable to you.
- No Service Fees: This cash buyer doesn’t charge any service fee when you sell your house to them. You save money while enjoying the convenience of a quick sale.
- Nationwide Coverage: We Buy Houses has opened offices across 50 states and Washington D.C.
⛔ WeBuyHouses.com Cons
Webuyhouses.com complaints reflect the following disadvantages of the company:
- Lowball Cash Offers: Your cash offer could be just 50% to 70% of your home’s market value. Since WBH real estate investors view your home as an investment opportunity, the probability of getting top dollar for your property is low.
- Inconsistent Quality of Service: Local real estate investors own and run We Buy Houses offices independently. So, your experience with the company is determined by how your local investor takes you through the process.
- Little to No Scope for Negotiation: With cash home buyers like We Buy Houses, you don’t have room to negotiate your cash offer. If you still want to try your luck, ensure that you back your arguments with proof.
Best Alternatives to WeBuyHouses.com
Even if you want to sell your house fast for cash, look for some alternatives better than WeBuyHouses.com. We’ve listed three below:
Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in America that lets you list your home on the MLS in just 24 to 48 hours. Here, multiple national and local cash home buyers make offers on your property, driving up its price. You can even get 100% of your home’s FMV.
So, why settle for just one offer when you have the pick of the lot with this Flat Fee listing service?
Opendoor is the largest iBuyer in America extending cash offers for homes needing minimal repairs. They generally pay 70% to 80% of your home’s FMV but deduct a 5% service fee, closing costs, and repair costs from the offer.
HomeVestors is a cash home buyer franchise offering 50% to 70% of the home’s FMV. However, they may deduct repair costs at closing. Further, since each office is independently owned, you won’t get consistent service across the country.
“We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies Near Me
There are other “We Buy Houses As Is” companies in the market. You can request an offer from multiple cash companies and pick the one that suits you the best.
Should You Sell Your House to WeBuyHouses.com?
No, we do not recommend webuyhouses.com to sell your home. Their extremely lowball offers may deprive you of your hard-earned money.
But, if you’re primary goal is to get a fast cash offer for your home, only then opt for We Buy Houses.
Houzeo.com will expose your property to local and national cash home buyers. You can get multiple offers and maybe even top dollar for your property when you list on MLS.
Frequently Asked Questions About WeBuyHouses.com
1. Is We Buy Houses a ripoff?
We Buy Houses companies calculate their offers by deducting the repair costs, holding costs, estimated profit, etc. As a result, the offer is significantly lower than the market value. While WBH isn't ripping you off, you may not get what your home is truly worth.
2. Are We Buy Houses companies legitimate?
Yes, We Buy Houses is a legitimate company. WBH offices are operated by independent and registered investors. If you need to sell your property in a couple of weeks, if your house is severely damaged, or you're facing foreclosure, they can help you with a swift exit.
3. How much money will We Buy Houses offer for my property?
We Buy Houses.com reviews highlight that the company uses the 70% rule when determining their cash offers. So, they'll only pay 70% of your home's market value.
4. Where can I find a Webuyhouses.com office near me?
We Buy Houses has nationwide coverage. So, you can find a WBH real estate representative in your city. However, if you want to list on the open market, Houzeo's reasonable MLS packages also provide you with a near nationwide service area.
5. How much does We Buy Houses cost?
We Buy Houses does not charge any service fee. Additionally, the seller doesn't have to shell out for any of the closing costs or repair expenses.
Related: we buy houses cash, we your buy houses ripoff, we buy any houses fast reviews, we buys houses, we buy houses com reviews, we buy houses as is, webuyhomes, we buy houses for cash reviews, webuyhouses com reviews, webuyhouses reviews, how does we buy houses for cash companies work, we buy any house reviews, we buy homes as is, is we buy house legit, webuyhouses.com complaints, we buy houses complaints, we buy houses in any condition, we buy homes, wbh homes, we buy homes for cash reviews, we buy homes reviews, is we buy houses a scams, we buy houses ripoff, we buy houses near me, we buy houses for cash near me
we buy houses.com reviews, webuy houses, webuyhomes.com reviews, what is wbh real estate, are those we buy houses legitimate, are we buy homes for cash legit, are we buy houses for cash legitimate, we buy houses near me, is webuyhouses.com legitimate, we buy homes in usa reviews, we buy houses how does it work, we buy your home reviews, we buy your house reviews, webuyhouse reviews, webuyhouses com complaints, webuyhouses for cash, www webuyhouses com, we buy houses testimonials, webuyhouse.com reviews, webuyhouses.com bbbReal Estate Reviews We Buy Houses Reviews