Let’s delve into Johnson Realty reviews and their pros and cons, to see if they’re the best choice for you.
- Pros: You can either hire them for a flat fee or pay a commission additionally to avail of their vital services.
- Cons: Johnson Realty charges you a hefty flat fee for barebones services. You have to pay a commission for other essential services like negotiation and paperwork assistance, etc. Moreover, they operate only in Illinois and Missouri.
- Our Take: We recommend Houzeo instead of Johnson Realty. Houzeo offers better savings, cutting-edge technology, and stellar customer service. Compare Houzeo vs. Johnson Realty.
What is Johnson Realty?
Johnson Realty is a real estate brokerage company owned by Cheryl Johnson. The company was founded in 2005 and serves in Illinois and Missouri.
They help home sellers save on listing agent commissions by offering a discounted price. Sellers can either select a flat fee of $500 or pay an additional 0.5% at closing.
However, their flat fee of $500 only includes barebones services like MLS listing, a yard sign, and showing feedback. On the other hand, if you pay 0.5% extra, you get negotiation and paperwork assistance.
Johnson Realty also works with buyers and offer them brokerage services and premier listing package. They claim to help buyers by saving on their real estate transactions.
However, Johnson Realty may lack the technology that is on par with the current industry standards. They may not have any platform to make the listing progress available at your fingertips.
How Does Johnson Realty Work?
To hire Johnson Realty, you can call or mail them. Their contact information is available on their website. You can also request a CMA or other information by filling out the forms available on their website.
Johnson Realty Services
Johnson Realty caters to both sellers and buyers. They give sellers the option to either pay a $500 flat fee or an additional 0.5% commission. They also offer some a la carte services that are vital to the home-selling process
$500 Flat Fee
For a flat fee of $500, Johnson Realty will provide you with the following services:
- MLS listing that syndicates to other real estate websites
- Comparative market analysis
- Yard sign
- Virtual open houses
- Showing assistance and buyer’s feedback
Additional 0.5% Commission
You will get the following additional services if you pay a 0.5% commission along with the flat fee:
- Contract negotiation
- Inspection assistance
- Paperwork assistance including seller’s disclosure, and purchase and sale agreement.
A La Carte Services
Johnson Realty also offers some add-on services. These services are:
- Supra lockbox for lease – $120
- Pictures of your home – $50
- Directional arrows – $10 per arrow
- Two open houses – $300 (one agent hosted and one public open house)
- At-home staging consultation – charges not disclosed
On the other hand, they offer the following services to buyers:
Johnson Realty provides buyers with a real estate agent. This agent helps them throughout their home-buying process. The company claims to help buyers save money on mortgages, closing costs, and home purchase prices.
Premier Listing Package
If you want to sell as well as purchase a house, you can avail yourself of Johnson Realty’s premier listing package. This package allows you to pay a 0.34% commission instead of 0.5%. But, you may have to pay the buyer’s agent commission.
Johnson Realty Pros and Cons
Johnson Realty is helping homeowners save on listing agent commissions. However, you must evaluate the pros and cons before you make the decision.
- Commission Savings: You can list your house for a flat fee of $500 instead of a 3% listing agent commission.
- Paperwork Assistance: You can avail of paperwork assistance at closing by paying 0.5% of the sale amount.
- Lack of Vital Services: Johnson Realty does not include vital services in their plan. You will need to pay an extra amount to avail of the services like staging consultations, and open houses.
- Outdated Technology: Johnson Realty’s technology may not cater to your home-selling needs. You may have to reach out to them at every step of home selling.
- Limited Coverage: Johnson Realty only operates in Illinois and Missouri. So, home sellers living outside their coverage area cannot avail of their services.
Houzeo vs. Johnson Realty
Johnson Realty’s savings seem compelling. However, you may have to pay extra for the services vital for the home-selling process. This makes the overall package expensive. They also lack updated technology to make the home-selling process easier for you.
On the other hand, with Houzeo, you get maximum savings, stellar technology, and personalized assistance for $379. Plus, their mobile app and web technology will make your listing and sale a pleasant experience!
|FEATURE COMPARISON|| || |
|Fees|| || |
|Mobile App|| || |
|User-Friendly Interface|| || |
|Showings Management Platform|
|Offer Management Platform|
|Request Highest and Best Offer|
Should You Sell With Johnson Realty?
We recommend selling with Houzeo instead of Johnson Realty. Houzeo offers stellar technology where you can manage listings, schedule showings, and see the highest and best offers.
They help you save top dollar on listing agent commission without compromising the quality of the services you get.
Frequently Asked Questions about Johnson Realty
Is Johnson Realty legitimate?
Yes. Johnson Realty is a legitimate real estate brokerage company that operates in Illinois and Missouri. The company was founded in 2005 by Cheryl Johnson.
Related: cheryl johnson realty reviews, johnson realty company, cheryl johnson realty, johnson realty listings, johnson realty st louis mo, johnson realty st louis, johnson realty st louis reviews, johnson realty group, johnson realty belleville il,