Terra Vista Realty is a real estate company that offers brokerage services at discounted prices. The company charges 1.5% at closing instead of the traditional 3%. They claim to offer the same services as a real estate broker to buyers as well as sellers.
However, the company does not have reviews on credible websites. If you’re looking for alternatives with credible reviews, try Houzeo.
Houzeo will automatically assign your local MLS giving you maximum exposure to buyers and buyer agents. Your listing will also be on all major platforms including Zillow, Redfin, Realtor.com, and Trulia.
Let’s delve into Terra Vista Realty reviews, its pros and cons to determine if it’s the best choice for you.
- Pros: Terra Vista Realty charges 1.5% at closing as opposed to the traditional 3% commission, which leads to substantial savings.
- Cons: Terra Viasta Realty does not have reviews on any credible website, so it is difficult to assure the quality of their services. Moreover, they only offer their services in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Our Take: We do not recommend Terra Vista Realty for most home sellers. Instead, you can list your home with Houzeo. Houzeo offers better savings, cutting-edge technology, and stellar customer service. Compare Houzeo vs. Terra Vista Realty.
What is Terra Vista Realty?
Terra Vista Realty is a discount real estate brokerage company that advertises savings in real estate transactions. It only offers its services in North Carolina and South Carolina.
The company works with both sellers and buyers. It also provides extra savings if you sell as well as buy with them. However, these savings may come at the cost of personal assistance.
The company offers brokerage services to sellers for a 1.5% commission instead of a traditional 3%. However, they only show 2 brokers on their website. If this is the case, you may lack personal assistance from them.
On the other hand, Terra Vista Realty helps buyers find their perfect home by assisting them in every step. The company also provides buyer rebates, but they have not disclosed the exact amount or percentage of the rebate.
Terra Vista Reality’s savings, services, and promises look competitive. However, their low headcount may not provide you with quality services.
How Does Terra Vista Realty Work?
Signing up with Terra Vista is quite easy. You can create your account by entering your email and password in the signup tab. By signing in, you can see the active listing or request listing notifications.
But, the account doesn’t serve any purpose to sellers. You have to mail them or contact them to start the process. This indicates that their entire procedure for selling a house might be offline. This can lead to delays and a lack of control over your listing.
The pricing and services offered by Terra Vista are quite competitive for a company of its size. Their savings and rebate also look attractive. However, being a small-scale company, they only have 2 agents who manage every client.
For Home Sellers
Terra Vista charges a 1.5% commission to home sellers which is lower than the existing market commissions. Terra Vista offers the following services to home sellers-
- Listing on MLS that syndicates to local and national real estate websites
- Pricing and staging suggestion
- Professional photography
- Offer reviews and negotiation
- Paperwork assistance
Terra Vista brokers also work as buyers’ agents and offer a range of services to them. Their services include-
- Buyer’s rebate
- Showings assistance
- Offer reviews and negotiation
- Suggestion on hiring lenders, attorney, and other professionals
- Paperwork assistance
Terra Vista Realty Pros and Cons
Terra Vista Realty is eliminating traditional ways of selling homes. The company is helping homeowners save on real estate agent commissions. However, you need to evaluate the pros and cons before you make the decision.
Terra Vista Realty offers several advantages to homeowners. The key advantages of selling with Terra Vista Realty are-
- Commission Savings: Terra Vista Realty provides you with an affordable way to sell a home by charging a 1.5% listing commission instead of 3%.
- Buyer Rebate: The company offers a buyer rebate. However, the exact amount is not disclosed by them.
- Additional Savings: If you sell as well as buy with them, they will reduce the commission charges to 1.5%.
We also found certain dealbreakers with Terra Vista Realty during our research. Some key drawbacks of working with Terra Vista are-
- Lack of Transparency: Although Terra Vista Realty has disclosed its 1.5% commission for home sellers, it has not disclosed the buyer rebate amount and charges for other services.
- No Control Over Listing: Unlike many other real estate websites, you can’t list directly through their website. You can only contact them and wait for them to proceed.
- Limited Coverage: Terra Vista Realty serves only in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Lack of Updated Technology: Despite Terra Vista being a young company, it does not have updated technology to make your home selling or buying easy.
- Lack of Reviews: The company does not have reviews on any credible sources. It becomes difficult to assure the quality of service prior to working with them.
Terra Vista Realty vs. Houzeo
The savings offered by Terra Vista seem compelling but may come at the cost of service quality. With no reviews available, it becomes difficult to be assured of their promises and analyze their worth.
On the other hand, Houzeo has a 5-star rating based on 4,523 customer reviews. Their customers talk about their 5-star customer support, stellar technology, and personalized assistance for $379.
|FEATURE COMPARISON||Houzeo||Terra Vista Realty|
|Fees||$379 + 0.5% at closing||1.5%|
|Coverage||47 states + Washington D.C.||North Carolina + South Carolina|
|Offers Directly to You||✅||❌|
Should You Sell With Terra Vista Realty?
We recommend Houzeo instead of Terra Vista Realty. Terra Vista Realty lacks updated technology to make your home selling process easy.
Another point of concern is, there are no Terra Vista Realty reviews available online. So, you will have to be very thorough with your research before hiring them.
On the other hand, Houzeo’s flat fee pricing model gives you maximum savings. They help you save top dollar on commission while providing everything you may need in your home-selling process.
Frequently Asked Questions about Terra Vista Realty
Is Terra Vista Realty Legit?
Yes. Terra Vista Realty is a legitimate company which was founded by Tom Palmer in 2006. Tom is also the broker-in-charge of the company while, Lyn Palmer, broker/realtor, represents buyers and sellers.
Related: terra vista realty charlottenc, terra vista realty rock hill sc, terra vista realty fort mill sc, terra vista realty just listed, terra vista realty mooresville nc, terra vista realty davidson nc, terra vista realty huntersville nc, terra vista realty waxhaw nc, terra vista realty concord nc, terra vista realty denver nc, terra vista realty cornelius nc, concord nc homes for sale terra vista realty, terra vista realty charlotte north Carolina, terra vista realty foreclosure, terra vista realty fort mill, terra vista realty indian land sc, terra vista realty indian trail nc, terra vista realty lake norman, terra vista realty matthews nc, terra vista realty monroe nc, terra vista realty north Carolina, terra vista realty charlotte foreclosures, terra vista realty Florida, terra vista realty sun city carolina lakes terra vista realty hernando fl, terra vista realty sun city carolina lakes