What is a Home Inspection?
A home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination of a property. Home inspections reveal significant defects in the property that an untrained eye can miss. Inspections paint the real picture of the true condition of the property.
A home inspector will assess your house and provide valuable insights into the property’s interior and exterior, electrical systems, and more. Specialty home inspections, like radon, mold, and asbestos, are also done. One such inspection is the termite inspection.
🤌 Home Inspections: Everything you need to know about home inspections
What is a Home Inspection Checklist for Buyers?
A home inspection checklist for buyers is listed below:
- Roof shingles are not missing or broken
- Gutters drain correctly
- Chimneys appear straight and undamaged
- The patio, front lawn, and deck appear in good condition with no evidence of termites
- Doors open easily and latch correctly when closed
- Electrical settings are correct & operate as expected
- A sufficient number of electrical outlets
- Kitchen appliances operate as expected
- No evidence of moisture
How Much is a Home Inspection?
A general home inspection costs range between $250 to $400 typically. It also depends on the size of the house and how old the property is. Your home inspector may charge you extra fees for transportatation if the property is in a remote or difficult-to-reach location
🤌 Home Inspection Costs: How much does a home inspection cost in your state
Related: home inspection checklist for buyers, inspection checklist,Uncategorized