Home prices in Ohio have increased by 5.9% Y-O-Y and are now at a whopping $222,100. Simultaneously, mortgage rates have witnessed a sharp decline from 7.79% in Oct 2023 to 6.63% in Jan 2024. The market is booming for both sellers and buyers. If you want to sell your home or buy a new one, NOW is the time to do so!
Real estate companies can help you get access to the MLS quickly. Whether you use a Flat Fee MLS company or a discount brokerage, you will receive a quick and affordable real estate transaction.
Top 6 Ohio Real Estate Companies:
For Home Sellers
- Houzeo: Best Technology
- RE/MAX: Best for Local Market
- Century 21: Best for Marketing Properties
Best Real Estate Companies in Ohio for Home Sellers
Discover the best home-selling companies in the Buckeye State. From lively Cincinnati to beautiful Cleveland, we have found the 3 best companies for you.
Houzeo is real estate company headquartered in New York.
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $399: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $429+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $499+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, seller disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy! Confirm all prices on the state’s pricing page before you list.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo mobile app is also very powerful.
- No Hidden Fees: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS by owner. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission.
Houzeo.com is Ohio’s #1 real estate company. It provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo provides affordable listing packages to Ohio FSBO home sellers. Also, its offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
RE/MAX has its headquarters in Orlando, FL. The company does not disclose agent commissions on its website. However, based on reviews you may have to pay 3% to 6% as commission.
- No corporate fee is involved with RE/MAX referrals. You can choose the agents or vice versa and set the terms of your agreement.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX is known for its reputation and credibility. The company’s agents will guide you throughout the entire selling process. However, the huge commission can be heavy on your pocket.
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Global Reach: RE/MAX has 100,000 agents, and its network is spread over 100 countries.
- Competitive Home Pricing: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Additional Service: RE/MAX Collection and RE/MAX Commercial offer specialized tools and advertising programs to luxury and commercial real estate professionals.
Here is a drawback of RE/MAX:
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has many customer complaints. Previous customers have also said that their home-selling process got delayed.
RE/MAX has a poor rating of 1.1 out of 5 stars from 300+ users on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX, LLC is part of RE/MAX Holdings, which is one of the world’s largest real estate franchisors. The company operates in over 100 countries and has more than 100,000 agents worldwide.
RE/MAX provides expert assistance to the sellers. However, previous customers have complained about a lack of communication from its agents.
3. Century 21
Century 21 is one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms. It operates in every U.S. State and 82 other countries.
Century 21 does not disclose its price on the website. This means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: Century21 could be a good option for first-time home sellers who do not mind paying high commissions. Along with listing, you will get assistance for contract reviews, offer management, closing, and a lot more.
Here are some advantages of choosing Century21:
- Global Coverage: Century 21 operates in every U.S. State and 82 other countries.
- Market Exposure: It has good brand recognition and over 14,000 independent franchises. It has real estate brokers working with over 122,000 real estate agents.
- Best for First-Time Home Sellers: Home sellers get access to contract reviews, handle their listing, offer management, closing, and a lot more.
Century 21 has some drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- No Discounts: The agent’s fees for Century 21 are usually high. They do not offer any discounts.
- Delayed Services: Previous customers have complained that the agents were not helpful and that it delayed the process.
Century 21 has an average rating of 1 out of 5 stars from 100+ reviews on Consumer Affairs.
Century 21 is the world’s largest real estate company located in New Jersey. It has over 14000 independent franchises. Founded in 1971, it has become one of the most recognizable brands in the real estate industry.
It is known for its innovative marketing and technology. However, many customers have reported delayed services and high agent fees.
Best Real Estate Companies in Ohio for Home Buyers
Explore the top home-buying companies in Ohio. From Columbus to Toledo, you can discover affordable homes.
1. Coldwell Banker Realty
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC is an American full-service real estate brokerage.
- No Service Fee: As a buyer, you pay nothing to avail services of Coldwell Banker.
👉 Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader. Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are professional and committed to providing quality service to their customers.
Key features of Coldwell Banker:
- Experts in Negotiations: Coldwell Banker’s agents are skilled and have considerable experience in negotiating the best deal for you.
- Assistance in finding a lender: They help you find a local lender to get you pre-qualified for your desired home by determining whether you can afford to purchase the home.
- Home Search: With access to the MLS and other tools, the agents narrow down the best home for you as per your wants, needs, and budget.
- Finance: From down payments to mortgage prequalification, Coldwell Banker can help you with your financial ducks when preparing to buy a house.
- Strong Agent Network: Owing to strong connections with other real estate agents, your agent can find you multiple potential property options.
Red flags of Coldwell Banker include:
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Several clients of Coldwell Banker have complained of a lack of trust in the agents they had dealt with.
- Lapses in Transactions: Customer complaints include delays in transactions, laid-back attitude, misrepresentations, and the unresponsiveness of agents.
Coldwell Banker is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars from 200+ reviews on Trustpilot
Established in California, Coldwell Banker has changed the way people buy homes. They offer buyers financing options to ensure they have their financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
It’s advised you conduct due diligence on an agent before you appoint the agent to represent you.
2. eXp Realty
eXp Realty is one of the top US real estate companies that provide a variety of services to buyers. To help their clients, agents use cutting-edge technology from the cloud-based platform and database system.
- Traditional Agent: eXp Realty has agents with experience and expertise in real estate. They can help you get the best value for your property and sell it faster. Typically, real estate commission is 5 -6% of the home’s sale price
👉 Our Take: The real estate agents of eXp Realty are experienced professionals. We recommend going for this company if you want to work with a traditional real estate agent and are a first-time home buyer.
Key features for eXp Realty are mentioned below:
- Local Expertise: eXp realty agents have expertise in local real estate market data and are updated. Their market insights will help you in your real estate transactions.
- Investment Advice: The eXp agent guides you on your financial and investment decisions. With the advice of an eXp agent, you can easily figure out how much and where you should invest in the real estate market.
- Assistance with Negotiation: Whether it is about negotiating home offers, inspection amounts, repairs, or legal agreements, you will get a negotiator to do it on your behalf.
Here are a few red flags we found about eXp Realty:
- Agent Experience: Agent-to-agent experience differs and few customers had issues with their agents.
- Mortgage: Few customers also had issues with lenders and mortgage companies they have associations with
eXp Realty has a rating of 2.7 out of 5 on Google Reviews.
eXp Realty is headquartered in Washington. It has local agents with expertise and they will help you in the real estate transaction. If you are a first-time home buyer, you can choose eXp Realty to guide you throughout the real estate transaction.
Agent-to-agent experience might differ. Read agent reviews online and try to get a recommendation from a reliable source.
Zillow is the most visited real estate website. Zillow provides an exceptional home buying, renting, and selling experience.
- Zillow Premier Agent: You can connect with an agent representing a particular property and get their commission rates on request. Typically, a buyer agent charges a 2%-3% commission on the sale price.
👉 Our Take: Zillow lets you list your property for free and is great for exposure, but your information is stored as a lead in their marketing funnel. Essentially, the bargain is your confidential data in exchange for Zillow’s “free” listing.
» Zillow Offers Reviews: Everything you need to know about Zillow
Key Features of Zillow:
- Your Listing is Updated in Real-Time: On Zillow, you do all the listing changes which reflect immediately, instead of waiting for a listing agent to do it for you.
- Free Listing: Zillow provides free For Sale By Owner listing. But, all FSBO listings on Zillow are hidden in the ‘Other Listings’ tab. This has lowered the success rate of free Zillow FSBO listings drastically.
- Zestimate: Zillow’s home value estimate is a tool for pricing your home. It incorporates data from the MLS, market trends, location, etc. to give you an accurate property value.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that home sellers should be aware of.
- Unsolicited Calls From Listing Agents: Your information will become an FSBO lead for Listing Agents. You will get numerous unsolicited calls from these agents asking you to list with them.
- Inaccurate Tool: Many users have faced inconveniences in selling their homes due to Zestimate’s inaccuracy.
- Poor Customer Reviews: A staggering number of customers have complained regarding their disappointing experience with Zillow.
Zillow has a rating of 1.1 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
Zillow is the most popular real estate website in America. It was founded in the year 2006 and is headquartered in Seattle.
Moreover, Zillow extracts data from top MLS platforms. It helps buyers view the listings directly on the platform.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Company in Ohio?
You can choose the best real estate company in Ohio based on these factors:
- Maximum Exposure: Find a company that will give maximum exposure to your property. This could also include an MLS listing, social media advertisement, and customizable yard signs.
- Strong Technology: A company’s website should have robust technology that can make selling or buying a house faster and more efficient. Also, look for features like virtual tours, high-quality photos, and user-friendly interfaces.
- Responsive Customer Service: Having good customer service can help you with smooth real estate transactions. Find a company that offers prompt and also have helpful customer service.
Real estate companies help you ace your home selling or buying journey. However, before you choose a real estate company in Ohio, we suggest you conduct thorough research.
The basic requirements for a good real estate company are experienced and dedicated agents, maximum savings, tech-savvy, and quick transactions. With Houzeo, you get all these factors on one single platform.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best real estate company in Ohio?
The best company in Ohio is Houzeo. It offers sellers maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, 100% online experience, and listing exposure.
» Best Real Estate Companies in Ohio: Find out the top companies in Ohio.
What are the best real estate companies for buyers in Ohio?
The best real estate companies for home buyers in Ohio are Zillow and Coldwell Banker Realty. They offer home buyers various services and tools such as virtual showings, mortgage calculators, and more.
How can I sell my property quickly in Ohio?
You should set a competitive price, enhance curb appeal, and highlight your home features effectively to sell your house fast in Ohio.