The US housing market is booming. In December 2021, home prices rose 18.5% year-on-year. This has boosted competition among top real estate brokerages. An offer floods in within a week of a house being listed in many areas. Due to low-interest rates, buyers are buying up available properties.
Rankings: America’s Top Real Estate Brokerages & Companies
|Companies||Key Highlights||Coverage||Customer Reviews|
|Houzeo||📱Most Advanced Tech||Nationwide||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (1,292 reviews)|
|Redfin||🎭 Transparent Services||Natiowide||⭐⭐⭐ (17 reviews)|
|eXp Realty||💻 Collaborative Virtual Platform||8+ countries||⭐⭐⭐⭐ (14 reviews)|
|Compass||👍 Compass private exclusives||Natiowide||No Credible Reviews Found|
|Century 21||🏅 Brand Recognition||80+ countries||⭐⭐⭐ (236 reviews)|
|Coldwell Banker Real Estate||🏆 Most Successful Investors||40+ countries||⭐⭐⭐ (232 reviews)|
|Keller Williams||💹 Marketing/Tools & Agent Training||50+ countries||⭐⭐ (109 reviews)|
Reviews: 7 Best Real Estate Brokerages & Companies
Houzeo is the most popular and competitive platform for sellers looking for full service affordable companies that will give maximum savings with minimum real estate agent interaction. Also, Houzeo is considered to be the best Flat Fee MLS and FSBO provider in the US real estate market.
💰 Houzeo is an advanced tech platform that allows home sellers to list their homes on the MLS for a small flat fee, working with a listing agent who doesn’t typically charge a commission. This saves you almost 50% of the agent commissions right away.
⚡ Package Customization : You can customize the packages as per your requirements and even opt for services like contract review, pricing assistance, professional photography, and more as per the requirement.
📱 Enjoy Cutting Edge Technology: Home sellers, after registering, get access to an exclusive seller dashboard where they can receive, review, and compare offers. The platform also allows features like contract updates, counteroffer, home showings, lockbox, yard signs, and more.
⭐ 5 Star Reviews: With superior reviews on Google and Trustpilot, Houzeo is also the most advanced For Sale By Owner (FSBO) platform in the United States.
🎈 Coverage: Houzeo has nationwide presence
Zero hidden fees, MLS exposure, 100% automated process, Listing within 8 business hours with Houzeo Concierge, Buyer leads directly shared with the seller, Counteroffer feature, and Affordable full-service packages`
No other real estate company comes close to offering such features.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Redfin is a well-known home search engine and discount real estate brokerage with licenced real estate agents who can help you buy or sell a home.
Redfin’s primary offering is a discount on services for homeowners who are selling their homes. A 1.5 percent listing fee will be charged, rather than the traditional 2.5–3 percent fee charged.
The most significant potential tradeoff is in the area of service. The lack of hands-on support provided by Redfin agents, according to some customer reviews, can result in mistakes such as underpricing a home.
💰 Save on commission fees: When you opt for Redfin over a traditional home-selling method, you can save up to 20% – 30% on the commission fees. Though, trying to provide their service 3x faster than the traditional method could limit their ability to provide you with personalized service.
✌🏻Additional services: The discount realtor has a thorough listing agreement but it takes approximately 18 days to get a property listed on the MLS. With Redfin, you get add-on services like a professional photographer, MLS listing, open house schedule, yard sign, and much more.
📱 Good technology: It has one of the best technology among different discount real estate brokers. They have a powerful platform that is ideal for full-service brokerage. Redfin houses a fantastic user interface for sellers to make their job easier.
Redfin has an on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin covers 80+ Markets in the United States.
3. eXp Realty
🏡About: eXp Realty is one of the top US real estate companies that provide a variety of services to both buyers and sellers. To help their clients find exactly what they need quickly, agents use cutting-edge technology from the cloud-based platform and database system.
For Home Sellers:
- Skilled Agents: eXp realty has agents with advanced experience and knowledge of real estate. They can help you get the best value for your property and sell it faster.
- Free Home Valuation: This real estate company allows you to analyze the actual worth of your property, which is for free.
- Maximum Exposure: The cloud-based eXp realty platform helps your agent maximize exposure for your property. This will be fruitful to get the best price.
- Express Offers: The technologically-advanced online platform of eXp realty helps you connect with deserving buyers. With good technology, your overall home-selling process will get simplified and stress-free.
For Home Buyers:
- Consistent Support: Your agent will be available throughout the buying process, at every step when you need it. With on-demand consistent support, you will be able to avoid unnecessary expenses while buying a home.
- Local Expertise: With eXp realty, it will be easier for you to get local real estate market data and be updated. The market insights will guide you to walk on the right path.
- Investment Advice: With an eXp agent, you can be stress-free about financial and investment decisions. With the advice of an eXp agent, you can easily figure out how much and where you should invest in the real estate market.
- Assistance with Negotiation: Whether it is about negotiating home offers, inspection amounts, repairs, or legal agreements, you will get a negotiator to do it on your behalf. eXp Realty gives you a seamless home-buying experience.
👉 Our Take: The real estate agents of eXp Realty are experienced professionals. The cloud-based platform makes the job easier for the agents and in a way for home sellers/buyers. The customers may also choose a real estate agent of their choice and collaborate with him/her on the platform.
» Best Real Estate Websites: Top 12 real estate websites in the US
- Knowledgeable Agents
- Virtual services
- Connects you with a local agent
- Fastest growing independent brokerage in the US
eXp Realty has a rating of 3/5 on Google reviews.
eXp Realty operates in 20+ countries.
Compass Inc. is an American licensed real estate brokerage that utilizes the internet as a marketing medium with the use of real estate technology. Compass combines technology with the talent to make home search and selling easier. Compass listings take fewer days on the market than the industry average, as per their website.
For Home Sellers:
- Skilled Agents: Compass agents will handle every aspect of your sale, including marketing, holding open houses, fielding offers, negotiating, and finally closing with you.
- Compass Concierge: The company does not collect any payment for staging and cosmetic renovations until your home gets a sale. Also, there are no interests and upfront costs for sellers.
- Good Technology: Compass Real Estate uses advanced technology to sell homes, which sets it apart. The agents use a data-driven strategy and analytical tools combined with their local knowledge. Overall helps to sell the property quickly.
For Home Buyers:
- Easy Home Search: Price, square footage, property type, and other features and amenities options can be used to narrow down your home search. Also, you can easily contact a listing agent to get more information about a property.
- Private Exclusives: Compass is known for its private exclusives section of listings. These are homes that aren’t on the open market but are available to buyers who work with a Compass agent. Because they aren’t advertised, they are cheaper. Uneven market conditions may favor a private exclusive.
- Additional Features: Compass provides various add-on features like custom market reports, real-time data, neighborhood guides, mortgage calculators, and so on. It makes the home-buying experience for buyers more valuable.
» Buy without a REALTOR: Save real estate commissions
- Traditional real estate agents with sleek branding
- Light up for sale yard signs
- Large, well-funded company
- Compass Concierge Program
- Typical commissions involved
Compass has a rating of 3/5 on Yelp.
Compass operates nationwide.
5. Century 21
Century 21 is one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms, with over 14000 independent franchise real estate broker offices, working with over 147,000 real estate agents. Their international offices span over 86 countries.
For Home Sellers:
- Trained Real Estate Agents: Century 21 real estate agents are highly regarded and well-informed. Their realtors are likely to provide a positive experience. Regardless of whether or not your agent is new to the real estate industry, you can rest assured that they have the support of a well-established company.
- High Commission & Fees: If you select an agent from their website, you will not be eligible for any discounts or rebates. Instead, you will be working with an agent who will charge you the standard (high) commission and fees.
For Home Buyers:
- Specialized experience: With Century 21 agents, buying a home can be a memorable journey. Their agents specialized in financing, negotiation, extracting neighborhood information, etc.
- Resources and Technology: century 21 assures you an advanced home buying experience with high technology and resources. Starting from looking for a home to closing the process, they have tools and technology for all.
» Best REALTORS in the US: Get to know about America’s top REALTORS in 2023.
- Good coverage
- Brand Recognition, exposed to lots of marketing ideas
- Knowledgeable real estate professionals
- Delayed services as mentioned in the customer reviews
- Poor ratings on various portals
- Many customer complaints
Century 21 has a 3.6/5 rating on Consumer Affairs.
Century 21 operates in 80+ countries.
6. Coldwell Banker
🏡About: Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC is an American full-service real estate brokerage owned by Realogy, started in 1906 in San Francisco. Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are reliable, professional, and committed to providing a level of service that goes above and beyond what our customers expect.
For Home Sellers:
- Agents for Sellers: The agent helps the sellers to get a fair price for their house. The agent will give them customized price adjustments based on the home’s amenities.
- Assurance Program: Coldwell Banker offers an assurance program to sellers that contains amazing benefits for them. By selling with Coldwell Banker, the sellers can get staging and renovations at no upfront cost, competitive cash offers for properties, and so on.
For Home Buyers:
- Skilled Professionals: If the agent gets the right and accurate details about the sellers then it becomes easier to negotiate with the buyers and quote a price. This will benefit the buyers as the agent will give accurate details.
- Move Meter: A tool of Coldwell Banker, Move Meter is helpful for buyers to compare locations based on different factors. This tool allows them to compare living affordability, average home prices, etc.
👉Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader in customer experience and overall quality. Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are reliable, professional, and committed to providing a level of service that goes above and beyond what their customers expect.
» Real Estate Brokerages: The best brokerages and companies in America!
- Knowledgeable real estate professionals
- Advanced technology
- Strong agent network, better reach in the market
- Delayed process
- Poor ratings on various portals
Coldwell Banker has a rating of 3/5 on Consumer Affairs.
Coldwell Banker operates in 40+ countries, with nationwide coverage in the USA.
7. Keller Williams
Keller Williams Realtors is a well-known international real estate company that also happens to be the largest residential real estate firm in the United States of America. The brand has a culture that is agent-centric, technology-driven, and education-based, and it recognizes and rewards its agents for their contributions.
Selling With Keller Williams:
🤯 An experienced real estate agent who is well-versed in the selling process, from the initial listing to the final closing.
🤝 Allied partners looking out for you and your home throughout the selling process
🔊 Marketing know-how and tools to get the most out of your home’s top-tier exposure
🧑🏻🏫 Expertise in listing, pricing, staging, and selling your home to the right buyer in the shortest amount of time possible.
Buying With Keller Williams:
💮 State of the art systems to make the process of purchasing a home as simple and straightforward as possible.
🧑💼A knowledgeable and professional team of real estate agents
📖 The backing of an internationally known and trusted company, Keller Williams
👍 A knowledgeable and professional team of real estate agents
Keller Williams has an on TrustPilot.
Keller Williams is available worldwide.
Top Luxury Real Estate Brokerages
Luxury real estate includes large condominiums. Luxury homes are those priced at or above $500,000, whichever is greater. The main differences between luxury and regular real estate are:
These large condos are popular beachfront locations and offer some of the best amenities available. Reputable real estate firms handle most of these high-rise luxury property transactions.
These high-rise luxury properties are considered among the best investment properties because they all yield higher future returns and are valuable assets. Selling a high-end home requires a great first impression.
Selling a luxury home requires professional photos and a marketing plan. The best luxury realtors will market your home to the right buyers and negotiate the best possible price.
- 💡Fact: There are several real estate brokerages specializing in luxury real estate like Sotheby’s International Realty, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, HomeSmart International
How to Choose the Right Real Estate Brokerage
For Home Sellers
Approximately 89 percent of homeowners use the services of a real estate agent or broker when buying or selling a home, making the selection of the most qualified agent critical to a successful real estate transaction.
|1. Inquire||When choosing a real estate broker or agent, inquire about their knowledge of the local market and your property type.|
|2. Marketing strategy||Question the marketing strategy, methods of communication, references, and connections a broker has with other real estate professionals before making a decision.|
|3. Full-time Professional||Make certain to hire a professional who is available on a full-time basis.|
|4. Guidance||Ideally, a realtor will be able to guide you through the process of searching for and purchasing a house.|
|5. Local Realtor||Local realtors who work for themselves should not be dismissed. When compared to a larger real estate company, they may have more intimate knowledge of a community.|
In addition to the questions listed above, there are several other factors to consider when hiring a real estate agent or brokerage.
Availability of Real Estate Agents or Brokerages: While there are competent part-time agents who sell properties, you must hire someone who can show your home at a time that is convenient for you.
Offer Suggestions: Other desirable features attract buyers in an area like pools, screened-in porches, etc. Pools, screened-in porches, and other desirable features are known to attract buyers to the area. They will advise on which rooms or features to emphasize or de-emphasize.
Similarly, ask the agent if there are any improvements you could make to the house to make it more desirable. The best agents will often make these suggestions without yReal our input.
Local Real Estate Brokerages: Hire or retain a local expert. These agents will also be aware of the typical selling and listing prices in the area.
Other than that, ask a local brokerage or your friends and family if they know anyone who has sold many homes or businesses there. Also, other ideas include looking through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
Top Real Estate Brokerages Near Me
|Northeast||Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey,New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
For Home Buyers
In contrast, an inexperienced agent may make things more difficult for you (and your wallet) than they need to be during the home buying process.
There is a specific set of abilities that distinguishes the best real estate agents from the rest when it comes time to buy a house. Is there a list of these abilities? Let’s find out
|Point to Remember||Description|
|1. Good Communication >||Look for an agent who is a good communicator and can answer all of your questions about the home-buying process.|
|2. Reliable Experience >||When interviewing real estate agents, be sure to not only inquire about the length of time they have been in the business of buying and selling homes, but also inquire about their specific experience.|
|3. Strong Local Market Knowledge >||Each market is unique. In order to navigate the nuances of your local market, you'll need a real estate agent who is familiar with local market trends and patterns. Choose a real estate agent who has a track record of quickly placing buyers in homes (and getting them a great deal, too).|
|4. Positive Reviews >||Online reviews are a great resource when choosing a realtor. Read as many reviews as you can before choosing a real estate agent, and look for past clients who have only positive things to say about their experiences.|
|5. Personal Rapport >||Ultimately, you want a realtor you like. You'll be spending a lot of time together, so choose someone you enjoy being around and who truly understands your needs.|
Types of Real Estate Brokerages
1. Flat Fee MLS Real Estate Brokerages
A flat fee MLS allows you to list your home on the MLS and all real estate databases and websites. FSBO (For Sale by Owner) listings are the most common way to avoid paying a commission. The fee is used to list the property on the MLS and other websites. Also, it is a one-time purchase. Most of these services are available online, allowing you to complete the process from your own home.
The house will remain on the MLS for the period specified in the listing agreement. The seller is referred to as the ‘selling agent’ and is responsible for marketing the home and handling all necessary contracts. The final negotiations with the buyers and their agents will be your responsibility. The seller must also pay the buyer’s agent’s commission.
If you opt for a no-commission home sale, you will need to handle almost everything yourself, so you will need to understand the local real estate sales process. It’s a great option if you have the skills and time. You can save a lot of cash.
Our top pick is Houzeo. It has the edge over all the other flat fee MLS service providers we’ve reviewed because of its trio of incredible features. More savings, advanced technology, and exceptional customer service are just some of the benefits of using Houzeo.
Want Traditional Realtor’s Service With Minimal Interaction?
👉 Houzeo makes it possible!
Houzeo offers competitive deals with 100% online presence and cutting edge technology. Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat-fee, and no commission for all DIY plans.
2. Virtual Full-Service Brokerages
It is clear from the name that all the services will be provided virtually. They offer all the services as traditional Real Estate Agents. The low-fee realtor here provides all of the same services, as a full-price real estate brokerage, but at a lower cost.
Although there will be no personal visits, the rest of the services such as offer contract preparation, price negotiation, and showing time will all be provided at no additional cost.
Based in Miami, Florida, Beycome is a technologically-advanced virtual full-service real estate company that makes it easy for home sellers to list their home on the MLS Florida as an FSBO.
Virtual Full-Service Agents are an excellent choice for sellers who prefer an entirely paperless transaction.
Our Top Virtual Full-Service Pick:
- Virtual Full Service
- List within 48 hours
- *1% of sale price due at closing
Based in Miami, Florida, Beycome is a technologically-advanced virtual full service real estate company and makes it easy for home sellers to list their home on the MLS Florida as an FSBO.
Virtual Management: Through their seller dashboard, you get to access advanced features like managing your listing, organizing offers, and showing schedules.
$99 Basic Package: With this package, you get to upload maximum pictures on the MLS and make unlimited changes to your listing. They even provide an open house scheduler and a tool to manage home visits. In addition to receiving all the leads directly, you also receive online offers and get to access all legal forms & disclosures.
Easy Cancellation: With their 90-day money-back guarantee, you can cancel your purchase if you don’t sell or receive at least two offers in that timeframe. Sellers have also reported that Beycome will ask you to use their title company.
- Set up a free web page along with listing your property on the MLS
Become has an above average (193 total reviews) on Google Reviews.
Available in Florida, Minnesota, Georgia, Rhode Island, California, South Carolina, North Carolina and Alabama.
3. In-person Full-service Brokerages
An In-Person full-service brokerage will handle the sale of your home from start to finish, listing the property, marketing it, and handling closing.
👉 Discounted Commission In-person Full-service Brokerages:
Discount real estate brokers (or, low-cost real estate agents, or, discount realtors) are real estate agents that provide specific services for a discounted fee. Instead of charging the seller standard agent commission of 3% (listing agent commission), a discount realtor will work for less (such as 1%-2% commission or a pre-defined flat fee) and provide restricted services. The reduced fee can easily save sellers a good amount of money.
Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
Why ListingSpark is #3: ListingSpark is one of the top discount real estate brokerages with its seller-centric all-in-one platform. With the help of its basic technology and strong support team, it guides sellers from listing to closing.
ListingSpark for Home Sellers
- Packages: ListingSpark has a ‘Pay as you go’ package where you need to pay just $7 on a per-day basis to get listed on the platform and access other features. The other is the ‘Pay at closing’ package where you pay 0.5% of the sales price at closing.
- Agent on Demand: You can hire one of their real estate agents for $975. The agent will help you with negotiations, pricing review, and contract compliance.
- Additional Features: ListingSpark offers title insurance and escrow services under Spark Title. Additionally, it also provides professional photography services, a lock box and a yard sign. ListingSpark also has a strong suite of optional features including agents-hosted open houses and transaction coordinators.
ListingSpark for Home Buyers
- Property Search Feature: Home buyers can search for properties based on price range, property type, along with many other filters.
- No Other Feature: ListingSpark does not have any other feature for home buyers as it is a seller-centric platform.
» ListingSpark Reviews: Is the $7/day fee worth it?
- No big upfront fees
- Documentation for the whole selling process
- Thorough market analysis
- Availability of closing calculator
- Slow listing speed due to manual intervention
- Limited coverage
- A La Carte items are a bit expensive
- Involving a closing expert through the transaction process is expensive
ListingSpark’s average rating is on BirdEye.
ListingSpark covers properties only in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Waco, Bryan/College Station, Corpus Christi, and Killeen/Temple in Texas.
👉 Flat Rate In-person Full-service Brokerages
As the name suggests, a Flat Rate is a fixed amount the seller pays the broker. Flat rate discount brokers are predominantly full-service brokers i.e. they handle everything from listing to closing. This fee does not fluctuate with services or the price of your home.
Flat rate is perfect for homes priced on the higher end. Let’s say your house is valued at $540,000 and you pick a flat-rate pricing model of a $3500 listing fee. If you go the traditional agent route, your listing fee alone will be a minimum of $13,500.
- Cheap listing fee
- Restricted coverage
- Average technology
When you are looking for discount real estate brokers to sell high-value homes, Houwzer may be the best bet for you.
Perfect for High Value Homes: The discount realtor charges a $5000 listing fee which is big for low-value homes but cheap for high-value (1M+) ones.
Limited Agent Coverage: Houwzer provides limited real estate agents which could lead to quality issues as those limited realtors cater to a large number of customers.
Additional Services: Like Trelora, Houwzer also provides add-on services like professional photography, 3D tour, mail advertising, and more.
- Cheap listing fee for high-value homes
Houwzer is out of 5 on popular websites like Yelp.
Houwzer covers only Florida, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.
Find Top Real Estate Agents In Your Area With Houzeo
Working with the largest or the biggest real estate company has its own disadvantage. Often people have these 2 two questions: Real estate brokerages near me and how to find a good real estate broker? Understand, that it may be one of the biggest real estate companies near you, but the realtor’s experience might not be enough. As we have already read about the companies where the agent- experience may not be the same everywhere. Also, the agents may show interest deal only if the deal is extremely profitable.
In this case, a top-rated real estate agent is invaluable in helping you reach your goals, whether you’re buying or selling a home for the first time or the fifth.
With Houzeo, instead of paying the average listing rate of around 3%, you’ll only pay a flat fee which will save you not only thousands of dollars but also give you a great buying–selling experience.
|Price Comparison||Houzeo||Other Real Estate Brokerages|
|Listing Agent Commission / Fee||$329||5%-6%|
|Recommended Buyer Agent Commission||2.5%||2.5% – 3.0%|
💰 With Houzeo, you save $12,000 more on an average U.S. home >> LIST NOW <<
What does Houzeo Offer? – A Quick Glimpse
|💻 Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat fee, and no commission for all DIY plans (except in minimum service states)|
|👩🏻💻 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly|
|💰 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers Online|
|📱 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)|
|🕛 Available only on weekdays up to 1 pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plan customers|
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
Check out the following video for all the details you need:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
No matter how large a real estate brokerage is if even one of the above criteria isn’t met, expect a poor review from a particular stakeholder: dedicated and knowledgeable agents, maximum savings, technological advancements, and a quick sell or buy.
It has been a lot of fun to see a lot of digitally-driven real estate brokerages open and grow much faster than the real estate brokerages offering In-person full service in the last few years! If you’re buying or selling a house, these so-called next-generation platforms use technology to help you through the process, making it easier for you.
🏡 All the Benefits and No Trade-offs
Listing on the MLS is the best way to maximise your cash offer, negotiate sales price, and avail the best offer terms.
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best luxury realtors in the U.S.?
The best luxury realtors in the U.S are:
1. Sotheby's International Realty
2. HomeSmart International
3. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
4. Compass Luxury Homes
5. Coldwell Banker Global Luxury
What is the fastest growing real estate company in 2021?
The fastest-growing real estate brokerage in the world is eXp World Holdings, Inc. It has exceeded 70,000 agents globally, representing an increase of 69% when compared to 41,313 agents at the start of 2021,
Which real estate company has the most listings?
Keller Williams has the largest agent count of any franchise, while Realogy Holdings (comprising Century 21, Coldwell Banker, Sotheby’s, ERA, and others) did the most business.