47% of home buyers search for properties online. As a home seller, you need to find a real estate website in Alabama that will provide powerful tech tools at low costs.
As a home buyer, you need a great agent for negotiations, maximizing buyer rebates, and stellar customer support.
A good real estate website can steer your way through these choppy waters and give you smooth and hassle-free real estate transactions.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best real estate websites in Cotton State. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: 7 Best Real Estate Websites in Alabama
🏅 Best Real Estate Sites in Alabama
- Houzeo: Best Technology
- Trulia: Best Mobile App
- Realtor.com: Most Accurate Database
- Zillow: Biggest Database
- RE/MAX: Good Exposure
- Auction.com: Foreclosed Properties
- Homes.com: Online Home Buying Site
Reviews: Best Alabama Real Estate Websites of 2023
MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission. Houzeo offers you 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – $99+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $379+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan for most home sellers. It’s only $399 in most markets and provides you access to high-tech features like Houzeo Offers and Houzeo Showings.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars on Google & Trustpilot
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 8 reasons:
- Licensed Broker Support: Houzeo allows you to sell your house by owner, with a 5-star rated customer support team.
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore FSBO homes for sale and directly make an offer online.
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Get Thousands Back in Buyer Rebates: In all but 10 states, brokers on Houzeo offer thousands in rebates back to home buyers.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo has a 4.9/5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is Alabama’s #1 real estate company, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo offers Alabama’s FSBO home sellers affordable listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
Trulia is one of the biggest American online real estate marketplaces for home buyers and renters. It is owned by Zillow, and it aims to be a one-stop shop for home buyers.
Listing on Trulia via Zillow is free. However, these free listings are sold as potential leads for agents who may incessantly reach out to you even if you aren’t ready to sell.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trulia’s app as it is powerful and that is easy to use
» Trulia Reviews: Is It Truly a Smart Choice to Sell or Rent? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
Trulia has an easy-to-use app that is preferred by a lot of customers. It has other following features:
- MLS Syndicated Listings: Trulia offers over 1 million listings directly sourced from the MLS. It has incredible home-buying features, like a comprehensive map, narrowing down your search based on price range, home style, number of bedrooms, and many more.
- Easy Home Search: You can easily find homes for sale or rent on Trulia. You can also check the price trend of a listed property.
- Local Coverage: It offers a comprehensive map and filters, which make it easier to look for local information about the property.
- Best Calculators: Trulia has a mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator to serve you better.
- Tutorial Guide: Tutorial guides teach you how to maximize your app experience.
- Neighborhood Information: It provides extensive information about the neighborhood like schools, cafes, pet-safe properties, community events, etc.
- Mobile App: Trulia has the best mobile app for buyers with a comprehensive search feature.
» What is Trulia? Check this out to know more about Trulia and its working.
Here are some red flags you need to consider before choosing Trulia:
- Inconsistent Estimates: The algorithm Trulia uses to estimate home prices may not always be accurate.
- Listings Can be Outdated: Sometimes even if the house is sold, the listing is not updated. This can mislead the buyers.
Trulia has a rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
» Trulia pros and cons: Let’s find out all the merits and demerits about them.
Trulia is a dynamic, powerful, and easy-to-use house-hunting website in Alabama. It offers the best home-buying features like a comprehensive map to narrow down your search based on price range, home style, number of bedrooms, and many more.
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary that aims to be the one-stop solution for all home buyers. However, it does not provide FSBO listings.
Realtor.com is America’s most comprehensive source of property listings. It is regarded as the best house-searching website and is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
Pricing is not disclosed on the website. Although you will have to pay the common closing costs, home inspection, appraisal, etc.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Realtor.com if you are house-hunting. Accurate listing information and a substantial property database make it stand out from other real estate sites.
» Best FSBO Websites: High-tech FSBO sites are helping home sellers save $$$.
Here are some advantages of choosing Realtor.com:
- REALTOR Support: It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). So, buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor.
- Neighborhood Information: Realtor.com is available nationwide and provides information about the property as well as neighborhood details.
- Accurate Data: It has accurate local information from 800 regional MLS, local broker associations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Agent Support: Realtor.com provides a variety of options for selling through an agent.
- Home Value: Realtor.com offers accurate home value estimation.
- REALTORs Database: It has the biggest database of trust-worthy realtor communities.
- Best Calculators: Realtor.com provides mortgage and refinance calculators.
- Mobile App: Yes!
Realtor.com has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Offline Process: Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-taking.
- Poor Reviews: Realtor.com has very poor reviews on Trustpilot. Many of their users complain about their customer support and realtor’s services.
- Unwanted Calls: If you have ever inquired about a property on Realtor.com, you should expect unsolicited calls from their agents. As mentioned in some of their reviews.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 2.2 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com has a lot of statistical data as it sources listings from 800 regional MLS systems. This information is updated regularly, making realtor.com the most accurate real estate database in Alabama.
It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). However, Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-taking.
Extensive Property Data
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the United States and has more than 40 million unique users every month.
FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your home for free on Zillow’s FSBO platform.
MLS Listing via Zillow Premier Agent – 3% commission: A Zillow Premier Agent will assist you throughout your home selling process. However, this is the traditional way to sell your home and not the FSBO way.
👉 Our Take: If you are going FSBO, then we do not recommend Zillow as it limits your exposure. Further, you can also get multiple unsolicited calls from listing agents.
Here are some advantages of choosing Zillow:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
- Advanced Search: Zillow has saved your search criteria with its “save search” feature. It has more than 20 filters to narrow down your ideal property based on the preferences of price, beds and baths, home type, and many more.
- Largest Marketplace: With many tools and information for buyers, Zillow is the largest real estate website for buyers, renters, real estate agents, and much more.
- Mobile App: Yes.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
- Your Listing Will be Hidden: Zillow hides FSBO listings under the “Other Listings” section, which most home buyers aren’t aware of.
- Buyer Leads go to Local Agents: Zillow does not prominently display owner information. Any buyer who tries to contact you will be matched with a Zillow agent instead.
- Your Info Will Become an FSBO Lead for Listing Agents: Agents target Zillow FSBO listings to extract owner info. You will get numerous unsolicited calls from these agents asking you to list with them.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Zillow is the most popular real estate website in Alabama. It extracts the data from top MLS platforms and assists buyers and agents to view the listings directly on the platform.
Sites like Zillow provides an on-demand buying experience. However, Zillow has poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles.
RE/MAX is a network of franchised brokerages that are independently owned and operated. It has more than 125,000 agents across the U.S.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, this means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend RE/MAX for its personalized agent service. The agents will guide you throughout the entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Personal Agent: RE/MAX agents guide you throughout your entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
- Pricing Your Home: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Extensive Marketing: Agents at RE/MAX use cutting-edge tools and implement multiple marketing strategies to ensure maximum exposure to your property.
Here are some red flags of RE/MAX:
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has so many customer complaints. Previous customers have also said that the process took time and got delayed.
RE/MAX has a poor rating of 2.7 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX has 125,000 agents across the country and was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020.
They have a wide presence in Alabama. Customers have given good reviews to RE/MAX’s real estate agents for their professionalism, in-person support, and ability to bring in good offers.
Auction.com provides buyers with the option to bid on foreclosed and bank-owned properties.
- Service Charge – 5%: You may have to pay a premium of $2500 or a minimum service charge of 5% when you are interested in buying a home.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Aution.com for investors looking to purchase foreclosures and REOs.
» Closing Cost Calculator: Click here and check your closing cost.
- Properties On Auction: It offers the option to bid on residential bank-owned, foreclosures, short sale, and rental properties.
- Tech-Friendly: Auction.com provides accessibility to cutting-edge software with its mobile application for better transactional processes and user interaction.
- Nationwide Coverage: Auction.com has national coverage.
- Transparent Information: It provides complete transparency about property details with buying and selling options.
- Hefty Earnest Money Deposits: A deposit of 10% has to be made if a particular bidder wins the bid.
- Hidden Costs: It has tons of hidden legalities which are not mentioned on the website.
- Poor and Substandard Communication: Many customers have complained about its irresponsible customer care service. Even the customer support team does not make any effort to communicate with a user.
- Complicated Process: It is an auction.com is a very tedious process. You need to pay huge amounts of deposits for bidding with the risk of losing everything if the reserve is not met.
Auction.com has 2.4 out of 5 stars on Sitejabber.
» Auction.com Reviews: Find out whether Auction.com is an ideal place to buy or not.
Buyers have multiple options, including foreclosure properties, bank-owned residential properties, and properties that are marked as short sales.
Auction.com is primarily for buyers. We recommend that you calculate and compare your home’s final closing cost if you are looking to sell your property.
Online Home Buying Site
Homes.com contains millions of listings and attracts a huge number of home buyers. That’s why it is featured among our list of top real estate search sites.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website. Although you will have to pay the common closing costs, home inspection, appraisal, etc.
👉 Our Take: We recommend them for their Snap and Search Feature. Customers who want to gauge property value variations and understand if the neighborhood is gaining value, stagnant, or declining, will find this website helpful.
Here are some advantages of choosing Homes.com:
- Snap and Search Feature: The flagship Snap and Search feature allows users to take snapshots of the home they like, and the app will match this snapshot with similar homes in the area to increase their options.
- Property Value History: This feature allows users to examine a property’s value history and compare it to the history of other properties in the neighborhood.
- How-To-Hub: Homes.com has a great “How-To-Hub” repository for in-depth knowledge of real estate terms.
- Property Assessment: Homes.com provides a great feature for property assessment and interactive features for home searching.
- Mobile App: Yes
In our research, we found some red flags of Homes.com, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Sells Leads: Homes.com sells home buyer and seller contact info to real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and lenders.
- Complaints From Agents: Thousands of agents are available at Homes.com but they have a lot of complaints about their customer support team.
Homes.com has a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Homes.com is one of the leading MLS listing sites and offers over a million listings, which attracts a large number of home buyers in Alabama. It is partnered with several local MLS organizations, which increases the value of the listings here.
Through Homes.com you can not save on realtor commissions as you have to pay the 6% average real estate agent commission.
⚠️Beware: Real Estate Websites to Avoid
Some real estate companies pretend to be “free.” But, in reality, you will pay hefty fees and realtor commissions at closing with these firms.
- Clever Real Estate: Clever Real Estate is a free resource for FSBO home sellers. If you choose Clever, you will be forced to use an agent. And that agent will kick back 25% to 40% of the commission you pay back to Clever as a “referral fee.” Check out the Clever Real estate Reviews to know more.
- FSBO.com: FSBO.com is a nationwide Flat Fee MLS company that provides For Sale By Owner MLS service. Pricing and services vary quite drastically by state. Read FSBO.com reviews before signing a contract.
- Craigslist: Craigslist is the biggest classified website in the U.S. In terms of traffic, it is the second most visited website with more than 140 million monthly visitors. But it can also attract scammers and fraud cash house buyers. Read Craigslist reviews before making any offers.
Types of Real Estate Websites
Real estate websites can be categorized into 6 main types:
- Home Selling Websites: Home-selling websites in Florida help home sellers list properties online. The best home-selling websites provide maximum exposure to the property and make the sale in a short time.
- Home Buying Websites: Home-buying websites in Florida help buyers search for properties online. Perfect home-buying sites must provide efficient tools, adequate resources, and impressive features to work upon.
- Best Rental Websites: Rental websites help you find rental properties in Florida. Some rental websites also allow property owners to lease their properties and reach out to potential customers.
- Best Property Search Websites: The best house-hunting websites help you search for all types of properties online. This includes homes, rental properties, plots, ranches, and commercial properties.
- Best MLS Listing Websites: Best MLS listing sites help you list your property online for free or for a small listing fee. These best real estate listing websites list on other MLS to provide greater exposure to the property. Check out the best Flat Fee real estate services in the US.
- Best Real Estate Investor Websites: Websites for real estate investing help investors with property resources, price trends, and community forums on the best property sites.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website in Alabama?
You can choose the best real estate websites based on these important factors:
- Maximum Exposure: Real estate websites provide an option to list on MLS without realtor in Alabama. Additionally, they provide social media sharing features and are customizable for sale by owner yard signs with the seller’s phone number.
- Strong Technology: With technology, selling a house without a realtor can become much faster and more efficient. Real estate websites also offer virtual home tours, open houses, and manage showings online.
- Responsive Customer Service: Real estate websites provide customer support to make your real estate transaction smooth.
Why Houzeo is the #1 Real Estate Website in Alabama?
Houzeo.com is the #1 real estate website in Alabama thanks to its combination of max savings, 5-star customer service, and cutting-edge technology.
- Max Exposure: It gives you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- 5-star Customer Service: You get assistance from the list to close with Houzeo Concierge.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to get access to the MLS.
- Real Estate On the Go: The Houzeo Mobile App allows you to access features of Houzeo’s web platform on any device.
Check out how does Houzeo work and know why Houzeo is the best for sale by owner sites out there:
Real People, Real Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best real estate websites Alabama?
The best real estate websites in Alabama are Houzeo, Trulia, Realtor.com, Zillow, and RE/MAX.
2. Are there fees for real estate websites in Alabama?
Yes, almost all real estate websites charge listing fees from sellers. Some even charge convenience fees to the renter, who want to apply for an apartment. Although there are a few other websites that offer listing services for free.
3. Are real estate websites safe in Alabama?
Yes, real estate websites are safe as long as you find the right sites. However, there are scam sites, so make sure to do your research before you venture in.
Related: HousezoAlabama Real Estate Websites