Trulia, a Zillow subsidiary, is an online real estate marketplace for buyers and renters. They do not provide an MLS listing and instead only provide a comprehensive database of properties.
Write a review
- Valuable in-depth neighborhood information
- Offers a mobile app
- No MLS listing
- Pricing information not disclosed publicly
- Limited visibility for FSBO homes
Trulia, a prominent real estate website, is a subsidiary of Zillow and offers similar property listings and information. However, it differentiates itself from its parent company by providing a comprehensive local real estate market guide.
Nevertheless, Trulia has been subject to certain limitations, as highlighted in Trulia's customer reviews. Concerns include outdated listings and unsatisfactory customer support.
Importantly, Trulia does not list properties on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), which is crucial for maximizing exposure. Therefore, sellers should consider alternative platforms like Houzeo.
- Pros: Trulia offers a comprehensive database of real estate listings, helping homebuyers and renters to find properties.
- Cons: Listings on Trulia can sometimes be outdated or inaccurate. Several users report finding already-sold properties for sale, resulting in frustration.
- Our Take: We recommend exploring Houzeo instead of Trulia. Houzeo's direct listing options, cost-saving benefits, and user-friendly interface, streamlines the real estate process. Compare Houzeo vs. Trulia.
What is Trulia Real Estate?
Trulia.com offers a unique twist in real estate search. The company provides similar listings to Zillow. However, Trulia stands out with user reviews and comprehensive neighborhood information.
However, the trustworthiness and genuineness of agent profiles and client reviews can vary. Numerous users have raised concerns regarding biased or manipulated reviews, which can significantly impact an agent's credibility.
Trulia is owned by Zillow, and it aims to be a one-stop shop for home buyers and sellers.
For Home Buyers:
- Easy Home Search: You can easily find homes for sale or rent on Trulia. You can also check the price trend of a listed property.
- Local Coverage: They offer comprehensive map and filters, which make it easier to look for local information about the property.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Trulia is good option for home buyers and renters but doesn’t offer much for sellers.
Trulia has an easy-to-use interface for browsing homes for sale and rent. This includes the following features:
- Accurate local information
- Mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator
- Tutorial guides teach you how to maximize your app experience
- They provide extensive information about the neighborhood like schools, cafes, pet-safe properties, community events, etc.
- No option to list properties
- Need to maintain an account for saving search criteria
Listings Can be Outdated: Sometimes even if the house is sold, the listing is not updated. This can mislead the buyers.
Inadequate Customer Support: Customers have frequently reported lack of response from the Trulia’s support team.
Is Trulia Legit?
Yes, Trulia is a legitimate and licensed real estate company founded in 2005 by Pete Flint and Sami Inkinen. Its headquarters is in San Francisco. In 2015 Zillow acquired Trulia, enhancing its credibility.
According to the website, the company has over 3.5 million Trulia homes for sale listed with them. It also offers 35+ filters to help renters find their ideal homes.
👉 Important: Trulia's listings overlap with those of its parent company, Zillow. Therefore, users encounter the same property on both sites, leading to confusion and redundancy.
How Does Trulia Work?
Trulia is an online real estate marketplace connecting buyers, renters, and sellers with property listings. Here's a general overview of how Trulia works:
Trulia has over 1 million homes in its database. The company sources its listings from various channels, including Zillow's extensive database, partners, brokers, agents, and third-party feed providers.
Additionally, the company has agreements with multiple MLSs nationwide to receive listings. However, there is no MLS listing on Trulia.
👉 Important: If you intend to list your property on Trulia, you cannot do so directly on the platform. To have your property listed on Trulia, you must list it on Zillow first.
Trulia offers a diverse range of agents and FSBO home listings. You can easily switch between them by choosing "For Sale By Agent Listings" or "For Sale By Owner Listings" on the platform.
If you want to buy a house and have an existing agent, you can share homes you're interested in. Buyers who do not have agents can fill out an information request. Trulia proves particularly helpful for buyers relocating to a new area.
Their Trulia Neighborhoods feature allows you to explore different neighborhoods, providing insights into the local lifestyle. You can view pictures, read summaries including home and rent prices, and access statistics on crime rates.
Additionally, you can discover nearby dining options, fitness facilities, dog parks, schools, and more. Trulia's comprehensive features make it a valuable resource for home seekers.
👉 Important: Trulia's information request feature may result in a flood of communication from multiple agents. It can cause a barrage of emails, messages, and calls, overwhelming buyers who prefer a more selective approach.
Trulia's website offers some of the following features.
- Trulia Mortgage Calculator: The mortgage calculator helps home buyers calculate their average mortgage payments.
- Trulia Affordability Calculator: With an affordability calculator buyers can determine their home affordability based on a monthly budget.
- Refinance Calculator: You can use this calculator to determine your refinance mortgage requirements.
- Trulia App: The company also has a mobile app for Trulia sales and Trulia rentals, available for Android and iOS.
- What Locals Say: Trulia launched the “What Locals Say” feature in 2018. It consists of over 7 million answered polls and reviews by locals about their neighborhoods.
- Local Legal Protections: Trulia introduced Local Legal Protections in February 2018. The feature helps home buyers with information on local nondiscrimination laws for housing.
👉 Important: Trulia's user-generated content, such as reviews and neighborhood insights, can vary in accuracy and reliability. You must verify the accuracy of property information from multiple sources.
What is Trulia Estimate?
With Zillow owning Trulia, both platforms share the same data, including home value estimates. As a result, Trulia home value estimates and Zillow's Zestimates provide users with consistent valuation data.
The median error rate for off-market homes is 6.9%, suggesting these estimates can determine a property's value. Therefore, a Trulia home estimate serves as a valuable tool to get an approximate calculation of a home's market value.
You determine the price of your home based on its location, number of bedrooms, and more. You also get information on over 65 million off-market single-family homes, condos, and townhomes with Trulia Estimates.
With this extensive coverage, buyers, sellers, renters, and agents make informed decisions. While a Trulia Estimate is a helpful resource, it's vital to recognize its limitations.
As an approximation of a home's market value, it is not an official home appraisal. Trulia Estimates rely on publicly available information and agent-reported transactions, which may not always capture the complete picture.
The company may not fully consider the property's condition, upgrades, and unique features. Moreover, some areas of the country do not use Trulia Estimates, limiting their utility.
Trulia is a popular online real estate marketplace in the United States. The company generates the most revenue by advertising and partnering with real estate professionals.
Trulia doesn't charge users for features like browsing listings, photos, or contacting agents. However, it does offer premium features and advertising options that require payment.
For example, real estate agents pay for enhanced listings to increase visibility and attract buyers and renters. In a competitive market, these paid features help agents stand out. However, Trulia does not disclose professional fees.
Houzeo vs. Trulia
With Trulia, homebuyers, and renters can search for homes, apartments, and properties for sale or rent online. The company offers a user-friendly interface, property listings, and neighborhood information.
Trulia also connects sellers and buyers with real estate agents. However, their primary focus is providing a comprehensive platform for users to find their ideal homes.
On the other hand, for most home sellers, Houzeo offers far better value with no nickel and dime. The company lets you list your house on MLS for a flat fee. Moreover, Houzeo prevents sellers from purchasing additional services. It means no surprises.
Additionally, Houzeo’s mobile app and web technology will make listing and selling a breeze! Moreover, Houzeo.com helps to sell your property without a realtor.
Trulia started by featuring properties in California. It eventually extended its services across the United States. With this expansive reach, sellers can reach potential buyers from several regions, increasing their exposure.
However, Trulia does not provide MLS services. If you intend to list your home on Trulia, you will need to list it through Zillow.
On the other hand, Houzeo provides MLS coverage in 47 states plus Washington, D.C. Houzeo's MLS coverage allows sellers to reach several potential buyers.
✅ Trulia: Pros
Trulia offers some advantages that favor home buyers.
- Extensive Listings: Trulia is a well-established online real estate marketplace with vast listings. It covers several property types and locations, allowing users to explore various options.
- Neighborhood Information: Trulia provides valuable neighborhood information, including crime rates, schools, amenities, and transportation options. This feature helps users make informed decisions about where they want to live.
- Agent Connectivity: Trulia allows users to connect with real estate agents directly through the platform. This service may benefit those who prefer to work with an agent when buying or renting a home.
- Mobile App: Trulia offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. They provide convenient access to property listings, saved searches, and notifications.
❌ Trulia: Cons
While Trulia offers various benefits for homeowners and buyers, there are also some potential drawbacks. Here are a few cons to keep in mind:
- No MLS Listings: Trulia does not directly provide access to MLS (Multiple Listing Service) listings. The company primarily relies on listings from agents and other sources.
- Limited FSBO Options: Trulia primarily caters to real estate professionals, so the site focuses on listings represented by agents. Thus, Trulia may not provide as much visibility to a For Sale By Owner home as an FSBO website.
- Pricing Information: Trulia does not publicly disclose specific pricing information for its premium advertising options for real estate professionals. For detailed pricing and package options, agents should contact Trulia directly.
Trulia's ratings on Trustpilot are 2.2 out of 5 stars based on 13 reviews and 1 star on BBB from 4 Trulia reviews. Moreover, most Trulia reviews mention concerns about outdated listings, unresponsive agents, and unsatisfactory customer support.
On the other hand, Houzeo has received positive reviews compared to Trulia. Houzeo reviews highlight users appreciating cost savings, control, flexibility, comprehensive tools, and responsive customer service.
Positive Trulia Reviews
✅ Leslie had a very good experience with the services of Trulia.
Great site to find homes!!! Fast and convenient to find homes your looking for in your price range!!!
✅ The Neighborhood feature helped Nairoby find a sound studio.
I found my studio because of this site. Truly love it!
Negative Trulia Reviews
❌ Outdated or inaccurate listings misled Mitchell.
Miss leading firm Florida property, in Jensen beach, property they showed was not for sale.
❌ Cathy had an unfortunate experience with the renter and company staff while looking for a rented home.
I had several bad experiences trying to schedule showings and when I finally did schedule one the property owner told me that he thinks he has a potential renter and didn’t honor the appointment that I drove a half hour there and back to see. I was fuming and immediately called Trulia and left a voicemail but after a week with no reply I called their Human Resources department and they never replied either.
If Trulia's barebones services didn't excite you, here are two alternate companies you can consider:
- Houzeo.com: Houzeo offers maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure. Moreover, Houzeo is a 100% online MLS listing website with thousands of customer reviews. Houzeo also covers 47 states and DC, offering near-nationwide coverage.
- Beycome: Beycome's technology allows you to complete the entire listing process 100% online. Further, you get free access to all legal forms and disclosures without any additional costs. Their customer support can provide you with expert assistance on all 7 days of the week in English and Spanish.
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Near Me
Are you still looking for more options? We've compiled a list of the best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
Other Options You Should Consider
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes available in the market. Moreover, iBuyers can be a great option if you're wondering how to sell your house fast.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual companies that buy houses for cash make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Additionally, cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Additionally, FSBO websites will also help you with FSBO paperwork.
Bottomline: Is Trulia Accurate?
While Trulia is a popular online real estate marketplace, the company has no MLS listing services. Therefore, you miss out on property information, MLS exposure, and potential buyers.
Moreover, Trulia's reviews contain unreliable or biased information due to a lack of verification or moderation of user-generated content. Furthermore, some users have experienced frustration and wasted time due to outdated or inaccurate listings on Trulia.
Considering these factors, individuals may explore alternative platforms for a more comprehensive, reliable, and accurate real estate search experience. Therefore, consider Houzeo for the MLS listing services.
It is an excellent choice for sellers who want guidance throughout the selling process. Houzeo's Gold Package is comprehensive and affordable, ensuring a smooth, hassle-free home-selling experience.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We've got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I compare offers on Trulia?
Since you cannot list on Trulia directly, you cannot compare offers. On the other hand, Houzeo gives you a complete dashboard where you can manage your listings, compare the offers, and go for the best one.
2. What is Trulia app?
Trulia is an online marketplace that allows users to find homes for sale or rent, explore neighborhoods, and connect with real estate professionals through their website and mobile app.
3. Is Trulia a safe site?
Trulia is generally considered a safe site to use, but like any online platform, it's vital to exercise caution and practice safe browsing habits.
4. Is Trulia free?
Trulia is a free platform for users to search for homes, apartments, and rentals and to access information about neighborhoods and local real estate markets.
5. Does Trulia have scams?
Trulia, like any online marketplace, is susceptible to scams. While Trulia takes measures to identify and remove fraudulent listings, users must remain vigilant. You must exercise caution when communicating with sellers or landlords. Verify the legitimacy of listings independently to avoid falling victim to potential Trulia scams.
Related: Trulia com, trulio, Trulia real estate, Trulia houses for sale, www.trulia.com, trulis, trulia..com, www trulia, trulia home, trulia houses, trulia .com, trulia estimate home value, trulia home for sale, trulia home values estimate, trulia', Trulia .com, Trulia realtor, houses for sale Trulia, Trulia .com, trulia com reviews, trulia real estate agent reviews, trulia realtor reviews, trulia rentals reviews, trulia customer reviews, trulia leads reviews, trulia real estate reviews, trulia rental reviews, trulia review, trulia website reviews, write a review on trulia, trulia customer reviews, trulia leads reviews, trulia real estate reviews, trulia rental reviews, trulia website reviews, trulia consumer review