Table of Contents
Rankings: Best Flat Fee MLS Services in Texas
|Houzeo||Congress Realty||Texas MLS Broker||Creekview Realty||Texas MLS Flat Fee||FlatFeeByYou||FSBO|
|Offers Directly to You1||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|Counter an Offer2||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|Request Highest & Best Offer2||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
1 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly
2 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers online
3 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)
4 Available only on weekdays upto 1pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plans customers.
Real People, Real Stories
Flat Fee MLS is a Game Changer for Home Sellers
Looking to sell your home? You’re not alone – the real estate market is busier than it’s been in almost a decade. And in this hot market, if you follow some simple tips to sell your home by owner, you don’t really need to pay the hefty agent commissions. It’s your money. You keep it.
So, what’s the best way to sell your home?
You can take one of three approaches to sell your home:
- Option 1: Hire a full-service agent and pay 5 to 6% commission
- Option 2: Do a pure For Sale By Owner (FSBO) and get little to no exposure to buyers
- Option 3 – BEST OPTION: Sell it yourself as a For Sale By Owner with a Flat Fee MLS option with full marketing exposure for your listing and save on the commission
🧐 Top 3 Priorities For HomeSellers
- Sellers Want the Most Profit in a Sale: According to the Zillow Group’s Consumer Housing Trends Report survey, for over 50% of sellers, getting maximum returns was the most important consideration.
- Sellers Want Control in their Transaction: Over 40% of younger sellers desire more control over the transaction.
- Sellers Want to Save Time: The 3rd important finding was that time is an important consideration for home sellers.
If you are a home seller in Texas then you must be already familiar with the closing costs that you’d have to incur at the time of closing the deal.
However, just because you chose the best Texas listing service doesn’t mean your home selling journey will be all hunky-dory. Since you won’t have the assistance of a listing agent, it will be you who is responsible to market the property, negotiate the price with buyers, host open houses, do the paperwork, and close the deal.
If you do want to save on the agent commissions but are not ready to do all the work that goes into selling a house then you can check out Houzeo’s Flat Fee MLS Texas packages and choose services like contract review, pricing assistance, real estate forms and more as add-ons.
We have listed down some best Flat Fee MLS companies in Texas for sellers looking to list their property for sale. We have also listed the most credible reviews for these Flat Fee MLS Listing Services.
Does a Flat Fee MLS Listing Work?
Yes. 88% buyers purchase a property through a buyer’s agent, and these agents are vital in getting you top dollar for your property sale. So, if your house is not listed on the MLS, you are turning your back on 88% of customers already.
In fact, Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
💰 How Much does flat fee MLS cost?
There are 2 types of costs associated with a Flat Fee MLS listing
- Upfront Flat Fee: This is what you’ll pay to get on the MLS
- Hidden Charges: Brokers will reel you in with a $99 listing! Buyer beware – that’s just the start. You’ll be paying $500+ in hidden fees. A $50 yard sign will be sold you to for $135. Some brokers will charge you hidden fees at closing, but you’ll only find out about these when you’re ready to close. That’s way too late to do anything about it.
7 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Texas
- No hidden fees to Houzeo or the listing agent
- Maximum MLS exposure
- 100% automated process on the web and the new Houzeo mobile app
- Quick listing – Listed within 8 business hours with Houzeo Concierge
- Counteroffer feature
- Affordable full-service packages
Houzeo is the “Most Advanced For Sale By Owner Website“. Here’s why:
- No Hidden Fees: Houzeo transparently discloses its Flat Fee MLS Texas pricing on its pricing page. You’ll pay no additional fees to the listing agent or to Houzeo
- Maximum Exposure: An MLS listing via Houzeo gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and a hundred more! Since Houzeo provides maximum exposure on your listing.
- Reach Local Agents & Offer them a Commission: Over 90% of buyers are represented by agents. This means almost all inquiries to your property will be from buyers represented by agents. Via Houzeo, you can offer a fair commission to the buyer’s agent and invite top dollar offers for your property.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Complete your listing in an hour or less, all online. With Houzeo Concierge, you’ll be listed in 8 business hours if all your documents are in order!
- Online Offers – On the Web or Houzeo Mobile App: Review & compare offers online on the web or the mobile app. You can even counter an offer.
- Low Prices: Most For Sale By Owner websites like Zillow and Trulia aren’t really free. They provide your leads to local agents, who’ll call and cost you time. Houzeo doesn’t sell your leads. All buyers via Houzeo.com are routed directly to you. Check out our pricing for Texas Flat Fee MLS.
100% automation, most of the tasks can be done online, thus saving you a lot of time and enabling a convenient home sale journey
IntelliList Listing Management System auto-fills your listing details
A lot of services available on a-la-carte basis
Pushes your home listing to various other websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Realtors.com and many other
Excellent customer support, you can verify our ratings and reviews on Trustpilot
- Recently Houzeo launched its mobile app that allows you to browse homes, list, review, and compare offers
- None as of now
Houzeo has thousands of customer reviews. And they all have 3 themes in common:
- Excellent customer service
- Superb technology
- Fast responses
- Flat fee packages, as well as commission-based packages, are available to choose from
- Several options are an add on, like open houses
- Free Comparative Market Analysis report on request
Congress Realty is one of those Flat Fee MLS listing services in Texas that offer a lot of good services at an affordable flat fee of $299. The fee is low because they only give you the basic necessities and in case you need more services then you can add them on an a-la-carte basis.
However, there are a few advantages of going with Congress Realty but also some drawbacks. They have a basic listing that only allows you to upload 4 photos only, many other Flat Fee services in Texas allow more photos than that. They have only 1 package to choose from, and the rest of the services cost extra. Though they have limitations on photo upload in their basic MLS package, they allow unlimited changes to your listing. Upon request, you can also get a comparative market analysis report, this will help you to price your home right.
They also have a phone system which will forward you all the offers you receive on your home. If you want a full-service MLS listing then you have to pay $299+0.5% at the time of closing.
A lot of customization is available, perfect for those home sellers who know precisely which service they should spend on
Phone system to directly forward you all the offers your home receives
Free Comparative Market Analysis report on request
- They have only one package, which is a little expensive than their competitor’s basic package
- Limitations on uploading photos, you have to pay more if you want to upload more than 4 photos
- No features for buyers i.e. directly making an online offer on the house, buyer search features, etc.
Congress Realty Reviews
One of the happy customers with Congress Realty talks about her positive experience with her agent’s contribution towards her home sale, how she saved thousands of dollars, and their quick listing!
One unhappy customer spelt out her inconvenience of how additional fees/commission was charged to her.
Texas MLS Broker
Texas MLS Broker is a real estate brokerage firm which offers Flat Fee MLS listing services to Texas home sellers. However, they are not a For Sale by Owner website, so you don’t actually list with them but rather via them on the Texas MLS. They will help you save 3% on the listing agent commission with their Flat Fee packages.
They conduct the entire home selling process online and their listing brokers will avail their services to you throughout the process. However, they do not have social media sharing which means your chances of finding an unrepresented buyer are pretty slim here. They also function as a buyer agent for the home buyers and hence whatever buyer agent commission that you specify at the time of filling your listing details is split between them as their “commission” and the rest is paid to the buyer as a “rebate.”
If you go with their Showcase Flat Fee MLS package then you have the option of not paying anything at the start, and pay $899 at the time of closing. The offers that buyers make are directed to you via email or phone or the agents will contact you directly, but not online. Since you won’t be listing on their platform, you won’t be having your own dashboard to manage your listing. You will have to depend on their customer support to make changes to your listing.
Apart from that, you won’t be getting an offer directly to you, the offers on your home will go to your broker and then your broker will contact you via email or phone.
Entire home selling process is done online
Option of selling at the closing instead of paying a flat fee at the beginning
Online broker support even in the basic package
- No social media exposure
- No seller dashboard, you can’t manage your listing yourself, you will have to contact their customer support team if you need to edit your listing
- No online offers, agents contact you via email or phone
Texas MLS Broker Reviews
Tom, a happy customer with Texas MLS Broker was happy to point out that they have used the service 3 times and each time they were satisfied, and their home sold within 5 days.
They also went on add a few essential pointers for first-time home sellers.
Cori, a home seller in Texas, tried Texas MLS Broker for the first time and was unhappy with the unresponsiveness of the company’s customer service team and their agents.
They also mentioned how they didn’t get the yard sign that was promised!
Creekview Realty is another Flat Fee MLS company in Texas that offers good services to FSBO home sellers in Texas, however, their packages are extremely expensive. Their basic package will cost you $495 and their full-service package will cost you $1400!
If you have a home that is valued at more than $500,000, only then you can make some significant savings here. Do not forget, that you have to pay 3% agent commission as well, even if you buy their costliest package. Creekview Realty will list your home on the Texas MLS on the same day you provide them with listing details, also they will forward your listing to other websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and more.
The packages are really expensive in comparison to other Flat Fee MLS companies in Texas. Insufficient information on their website, they don’t mention how many photos you can upload or how many changes you can make to your listing
You get a yard sign and a key lock box with your package, most of the companies charge for this
- The packages are really expensive in comparison to other Flat Fee MLS companies in Texas
- Insufficient information on their website, they don’t mention how many photos you can upload or how many changes you can make to your listing
Creekview Realty Reviews
One happy customer with Creekview was happy to elaborate on their seamless listing process and how they saved $8000!
An unhappy home seller was unsatisfied with the contracts she was provided (expired contracts!) and how they kept mixing up their 3 listed homes.
She also pointed out the low quality of the accessories provided by the company such as the Supra lockbox and the yard sign.
Texas MLS Flat Fee
Texas MLS Flat Fee is a Flat Fee MLS company in Texas that has 3 major packages for home sellers. The company claims to provide the fastest listing services in Texas with complete customer support. Their packages range from $168 to $ 248. The basic package allows you to list with 6 photos for 6 months and the advanced package includes listing with 25 pictures for 12 months.
The company does not have good reviews so it depends on you if you wish to try their services and have your experience. Their website is not so user-friendly which might take you some extra time to list on MLS Texas.
Texas MLS Flat Fee Review
No positive flat fee MLS listing services reviews were found for this company!
Texas MLS Flat Fee company had a negative review by their client.
FlatFeeByYou is perfect for those FSBO home sellers in Texas who are on a tight budget. If you only want basic things and not want to spend more then their basic package of $45 is perfect for you. Their best package will cost you $95 and their premium package will cost you $295, but here’s the catch, with the additional $200 that you pay over their best package you only get one added service which is a professional photographer.
No matter which package you buy, your listing will be live on the MLS only for 6 months. However, they offer free comparable report, phone, SMS and email support, and syndication to various top real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and more; all of these services are provided even in their basic package of $45. Their basic package might not have a lot of benefits for the home sellers but it is definitely one of the best in the Texas real estate market.
Good benefits even in their basic package of $45
With their $95 best package, you will get free broker assistance who may be able to help to improve your listing
- The basic package doesn’t allow you to make unlimited changes to your listing
- For forms and disclosures, you need to pay more
One positive review about Flat Fee by You pointed how conveniently and immediately they received all the leads.
One unhappy customer elaborated on her experience with the company and felt cheated by the broker when she was asked to pay more commission.
Also, she also mentioned how they have deliberately left out certain fees on their website but charge you later on.
- Limited a la carte items
- No hidden fees, but additional fees for FSBO supplies
- You have to pay separately for yard signs, open house postings, brochures, and other FSBO-related items as they are neither included in the package or available on a la carte basis
FSBO is a Flat Fee MLS listing service in Texas that allows you to list on their website for a meager $99, however, the listing package ONLY lists your home on their website as an FSBO, if you want to list on MLS Texas and want more services then you have to go with their $399 package.
They do not provide a lot of a la carte options, and they do not provide you with a real estate attorney or real estate photographer, not even on a la carte basis. You have to pay separately for yard signs, open house postings, brochures, and other FSBO-related items as they are neither included in the package or available on a la carte basis.
A happy home seller review praising their home selling experience with FSBO
A negative home seller review talking about how the offers on their listed home were handled
Alternatives to Flat-Fee MLS Companies in Texas
As we talked about some of the best flat fee MLS companies in Texas, we should also tell you that some of flat-fee MLS companies are quite notorious for marketing gimmicks and predatory practices like free listing on the MLS and then charging you a percentage at the time of closing. They might also slap some hidden charges on you and make you pay you thousands of dollars when you only expected to pay hundreds of dollars.
But the companies that we mentioned above are all reliable and a trusted real estate brands among home sellers and that’s why you should not worry about any malpractices from the aforementioned companies.
However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat fee MLS companies in Texas then we suggest you to go with these options:
- Discount and flat-fee real estate agents
Discounts brokers are those brokers – can be companies or individuals – who work at a discounted fee or a flat fee, instead of a 2%-3% standard listing agent commission. Their fee can be as little as 1%. However, do remember this, you still have to pay the buyer’s agent commission of 2%-3%.
- Selling without an MLS listing
This alternative is suggested only when you have a buyer ready to buy your house. If you have a buyer lined up then you don’t need to pay a flat-fee or hire an agent or a discount broker for your home sale.
If you don’t have a buyer and you go with not listing on the MLS then you are potentially losing out on 88% of the buyers who are buying through an agent, and agents #1 way of finding a fantastic home for their clients is… you guessed it right, it is the Multiple Listing Service, the MLS. You don’t want to keep your property on the Texas MLS without any buyer offers, do you?
If you don’t use an MLS then you can only rely on social media marketing and sites like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, or worse… your yard sign.
iBuyers are companies that will buy your home for cash outright. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. An iBuyer can offer and close the deal within 24 hours, however, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- Their offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is often non-negotiable
- They charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the purchase price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Houzeo is far and away the #1 Flat Fee MLS site in Texas. Texas MLS Broker and Congress Realty are a distant #2 and #3.
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Texas. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
Typical stipulated time to list is 2 business days after you’ve completed all your tasks accurately and the broker doesn’t have any questions for you. But for most MLS’ in Texas, your listing can be up in 4 to 8 business hours (Central Time).
To avail of this expedited listing, email email@example.com with the subject line “Please Expedite My Listing: “. Do this only after you’ve complete all the tasks your broker has assigned to you. Make sure all sellers have signed the required documents.
Note that listings can be expedited in most major MLS’ but not all MLS’ are covered under this policy. Call us at (844) 448-0047 if you have questions about whether your MLS is covered.