Texas real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. But, home prices have increased by 15.7% to reach a median price of $385,800. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions!
Flat Fee MLS Texas companies will help you save $12,000 on the median home in the state! Here are our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in Texas.
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Texas Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Congress Realty||$299||$50- $800||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Texas MLS Broker||$399||1%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Creekview Realty||$1,400||$400+||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Texas MLS Flat Fee||$248||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. FlatFeeByYou||$295||🚩0.5% |
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Texas Companies
- 📌In Texas, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $299, the Silver at $349, the Gold at $449 and the Platinum at $499 + $999 at closing.
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Congress Realty
Created by J. Andrew English, Congress Realty offers affordable Flat Fee MLS listing services.
Packages: Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service Package.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes a listing term of 6 months and 4 photos. Other services include access to all state forms & disclosures, the Showing Appointment Tool, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: The services offered are similar to the basic Package. Greatest photos are allowed, and you can make up to 10 free listing changes. Additionally, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: You get all the services of the Plus Package with unlimited open house postings, social media featured listing, and unlimited free listing changes.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This Package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Jared as he has excellent reviews with multiple 5-star ratings under his belt. With over 19 years of experience, Jared is a pro at getting his clients the best deals.
» Jared English, Congress Realty: Check out the services offered by Jared via Houzeo.com
- Customizable packages perfect for home sellers who know which service to spend on
- Listing syndicated to other websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com
- Free Comparative Market Analysis report on request
- Unlimited changes to your listing
- Only one package is slightly more expensive than their competitor’s basic package
- Additional costs for adding more photos and phone forwarding services
Congress Realty has a (48 total reviews) on Google.
Congress Realty is available in multiple states and is licensed in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Please review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS Alaska: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Alaska.
- Flat Fee MLS Arizona: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Arizona.
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California.
- Flat Fee MLS Idaho: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Idaho.
- Flat Fee MLS Louisiana: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Louisiana.
- Flat Fee MLS Montana: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Montana.
- Flat Fee MLS Nevada: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Nevada.
- Flat Fee MLS New Mexico: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in New Mexico.
- Flat Fee MLS Oregon: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Oregon.
- Flat Fee MLS Texas: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Texas.
- Flat Fee MLS Utah: See our Flat Fee MLS Companies rankings in Utah.
- Flat Fee MLS Washington: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Washington.
3. Texas MLS Broker
Texas MLS Broker is a real estate brokerage firm that provides its services online through various listing packages.
Packages: Texas MLS Broker has 3 Flat Fee MLS packages for sellers to choose from.
- Standard MLS – $175: Includes a listing term of 6 months, and 12 MLS Photos. Other services include online broker support, and syndication to over 90 websites such as Zillow, realtor.com, and Homes.com.
- Premium MLS – $280: Includes a listing term of 12 months, and maximum photos allowed by the MLS. Services like contract & state disclosures and broker comparative market analysis are provided too.
- Showcase Package – $399: Listing term of 18 months and 50 photos or maximum allowed by your local MLS. Sellers get the option of not paying for the service at the beginning, instead, they can pay $899 at the time of closing.
👉 Our Take: Like Houzeo, Texas MLS Broker offers its services virtually. However, sellers might find it non-user-friendly without social media exposure and a seller dashboard to keep a check on their listing.
- Virtual real estate services from start to end.
- Online broker support even in the basic package.
- Cancellation is allowed as long as they are not under a contract.
- No social media exposure.
- No seller dashboard. You can’t manage your listing yourself, you will have to contact their customer support team if you need to edit your listing.
- No online offers, agents contact you via email or phone.
No credible reviews were found to provide the information.
Texas MLS Broker covers all the major cities in Texas.
4. Creekview Realty
Creekview Realty is an MLS listing company that offers its services to FSBO home sellers in Texas.
Packages: Creekview Realty offers 2 expensive MLS listing packages including one full-representation package.
👉 Our Take: Compared to Houzeo’s economical packages, Creekview Realty’s packages are more expensive. Their additional charges for photography, CMA, etc make them a costly choice for sellers who want to save money. Houzeo’s services carry no hidden charges whatsoever.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Creekview Realty charges $225 for professional photography and $100 for comparative market analysis. They also have a refundable $100 deposit for the Realtor key box. Getting an additional yard sign is also chargeable by $50.
- Limited social media exposure.
- Expensive packages compared to other Flat Fee MLS Companies in Texas.
- Photography & Comparative Market Analysis is chargeable.
- $100 refundable deposit for Electronic Realtor key box.
Creekview Realty has 4.5 out of 5 stars (55 reviews) on Yelp.
Creekview Realty offers its services to all of Texas.
5. Texas MLS Flat Fee
Texas MLS Flat Fee is an MLS listing company that provides economical packages for home sellers in Texas.
Packages: Texas MLS Flate Fee has 3 packages that can benefit sellers.
- Silver Package – $168: Listing term of 6 months, and 6 Pictures on the MLS. Listing syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and realtor.com. Other services include paperless transactions, state forms, and disclosures. Bonus services include a virtual tour, custom URL, social media exposure, and more.
- Gold Package – $198: Listing term of 6 months, and 25 Pictures on the MLS. Listing syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and realtor.com. Other services include paperless transactions, state forms, and disclosures. Bonus services include a virtual tour, custom URL, social media exposure, and more.
- Platinum Package – $248: Listing term of 6 months, and 25 Pictures on the MLS, listing syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, realtor.com. Other services include paperless transactions, state forms, and disclosures. Bonus services include a virtual tour, custom URL, social media exposure, and more.
👉 Our Take: Texas MLS Flat Fee offers cost-effective packages for home sellers. But, whether they charge for their additional services is not clear. Houzeo’s packages are transparent about any additional fees if included.
- Lists your house within 48 hours.
- 100% refund after cancellation.
- Decide the buyer agent commission.
- Unlimited property description.
- Paperless transactions
- Bonus services include virtual tours, custom URL, social media exposure, and more.
No credible reviews available.
Texas MLS Flat Fee covers major MLS’ in Texas.
FlatFeeByYou is for those FSBO home sellers in Texas who are on a tight budget.
Packages: There are 3 packages that sellers can choose from.
- Basic Package – $45: Includes a listing period of 6 months. Other services include a free comparative report, phone, SMS, and email support, and syndication to various real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and more.
- Best Package – $95: Includes a listing period of 6 months. Other services include a free comparative report, unlimited changes, broker consultation, phone, SMS, and email support, and syndication to various top real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and more.
- Premium Package – $295: Includes a listing period of 6 months. Other services include a professional photo shoot, free comparative report, unlimited changes, broker consultation, phone, SMS, and email support, and syndication to various top real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, and more.
🚨 Hidden Fee Warning: FlatFeeByYou charges sellers a 0.5% commission at closing. They fix the buyer agent commission at 3%, out of which they pocket the 0.5% commission. Sellers should not get fooled by their cheap packages as it has a hidden fee.
👉 Our Take: Based on reviews, FlatFeeByYou offers subpar customer service that affects their sellers drastically. Houzeo on the other hand offers cost-effective packages, good customer care, and advanced tech to each seller without compromising on the quality of the service.
- Broker assistance provided in $95 & $295 packages.
- Unlimited changes to your listing are allowed in $95 & $295 packages.
- Additional charges for forms and disclosures.
- Professional photography is included in the $295 package.
- 0.5% commission at closing. (🚩Hidden Fee).
FlatFeeByYou has 2 out of 5 stars (11 reviews) on Yelp.
FlatFeeByYou offers its services in the cities of Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio in Texas.
FlatFeeByYou Reviews Reveal Hidden Fees
Helen and others in Texas were surprised by the deduction of 0.5% on the buyer agent commission! Look at what they have to say.
FSBO is a Flat Fee MLS listing service that allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
Packages: FSBO.com has 2 cost-effective packages that sellers can benefit from.
- $99.95 Package: Includes a listing term of 6 months. Property listed on FSBO.com and Redfin only. Additional items like yard signs or any other extras are chargeable.
- $399.95 Package: Listing term of 6 Months with up to 20 photos. Listing syndicated to realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia & many more. Additional services like CSS showing service, E-lockbox rental, maximum photos in the MLS, and yard signs are chargeable.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Adding a la carte items can add up to a total of $335 additional costs! If the seller wishes to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then they have to pay $75 and $150. To add maximum photos or get a yard sign, they have to pay $50 & $60.
👉 Our Take: FSBO.com offers pocket-friendly packages but charges high fees for additional services. Houzeo’s packages include various benefits with no additional fees.
» FSBO.com Reviews: You NEED to read these reviews.
- You can upload 1 video in the basic $99 package.
- No hidden fees.
- Additional fees for FSBO supplies.
- Limited a la carte items in their listing package.
No credible sources were found to provide the information.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets.
🚩Beware: Texas Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Texas Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming. For example, FlatFeeByYou in Texas charges a hidden fee of 0.5% commission at closing.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Texas Pricing page.
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services Near Me
We reviewed some of the best local real estate agents offering flat fee MLS service in the top cities of Texas. As these companies are based in the respective cities or counties, their expertise in those regions will help you sell your home.
With a range of services available with each of these local flat fee MLS listing companies in Texas, you can ensure that your home-selling journey is as smooth as it would be profitable.
|Austin||The packages offered by flat fee MLS listing services in Austin, Texas are pretty high-end. Two of the companies that we reviewed have high hidden fees. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Austin, TX
|Houston||All Flat Fee MLS Houston listing companies give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. These fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Houston, TX
|Dallas||There are no hidden fees with a flat rate realtor in Dallas. The services are well-known in Dallas, Texas for their excellent customer service. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Dallas, TX
|San Antonio||Flat Fee MLS San Antonio listing providers maximize your home’s exposure with proper market analysis. By adding a few more bucks you can choose extra services and make a valuable deal. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in San Antonio, TX
|El Paso||Flat Fee MLS El Paso packages will help you save thousands of dollars and list your house on local MLS. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS El Paso Services, TX
|Fort Worth||Your home will receive the maximum exposure on the local MLS with any Flat Fee MLS Fort Worth listing company. Few companies provide FSBO services as well. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Fort Worth, TX
Real People, Real Stories
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars on real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. This gives your property maximum exposure, increasing the chances of a sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents in Texas and affiliate professionals.
However, if you go through typical a typical real estate company in Texas to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees. On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realty or flat rate real estate agent.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Everything You Need To Know About Flat Fee MLS
Do Flat Fee MLS Texas Listings Work?
Yes. More than 50% of buyers wanted an agent to find them a house. Therefore, real estate agents are vital in getting top dollar for your property sale. In fact, the Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How to List on MLS via a Flat Fee MLS Texas Listing Service?
Once you decide to list your home for sale by owner on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing in Texas, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details about your house, the fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Texas.
Subsequently, the buyer agents will be able to view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
⚡ How to List a Property on MLS: The fastest way to list on MLS!
Selling a House in Texas: All You Need to Know
A disclosure statement is an essential form that details the condition of the property. In selling a home in Texas, it’s the seller’s responsibility to disclose property defects that impact its value.
Some Flat Fee MLS Texas companies provide these disclosures with their packages.
Here are the three disclosure forms you need to fill if you are selling a property in Texas:
- Seller’s Property Disclosure Form
- Federal Disclosure of Information on Lead-Based Paint and/or Lead-Based Paint Hazards
- Fire Alarm Installation Certificate
» Texas Real Estate Disclosure Laws: Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
Sell A House By Owner in Texas
If you want to sell a house FSBO in Texas, list your home using Flat Fee MLS Texas listing services. This way, you skip paying hefty Realtor commissions.
When you sell your house by owner in Texas or any other state, you need to take care of certain important factors. These include decluttering, repairs, staging, and most importantly, marketing.
» Can I Sell My House in Texas Without a Realtor: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House In Texas.
Sell Your House Fast in Texas
The best ways to sell your house fast in Texas are by listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Maximizing your net proceeds is as vital as selling it quickly.
Closing Costs for Sellers in Texas
You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Texas. Additionally, each state has its own set of fees that a home seller needs to pay.
But do not worry, you can calculate the approximate seller’s closing costs in Texas with this advanced calculator.
» Do Sellers Pay Closing Costs in Texas: Be prepared for the Closing!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in Texas
Most of the companies we mentioned above are reliable and trusted real estate brands amongst home sellers, and that’s why you need not worry about any malpractices from the aforementioned companies.
However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat rate listing companies in Texas, then there are other alternatives to save on commissions.
» What is the Average Real Estate Commission in Texas: Know how much you need to pay on real estate commissions
Option 1: Sell with Discount Real Estate Brokers
- Full-Service at a Discount: Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
- Great Exposure: Most discount brokers have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a discount.
- Advanced Tech: Home sellers can list and sell their houses from the comfort of their homes with a click of a button. Some of the best discount brokers provide advanced seller dashboards, showings management, and much more.
Sell your home with the top discount realtors in Texas, these are our recommendations:
|Hometiva||$3,495 Flat Fee|
|Heights Discount Realty||5% commission|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|UpNest||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers Texas: We’ve ranked the top discount brokers in Texas.
Option 2: Sell as For Sale By Owner
- Quick & Smooth Sale: 77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
- Complete Control Over the Process: The best part about doing FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without the intervention of a real estate agent.
- Save Thousands on Commissions: Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ FSBO Websites: Check out our rankings of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
- Fair Market Value: Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses be it a distressed property or not.
- Save on Repairs: When selling a home for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. You can also try selling a house as is in Texas to save money and time.
- Fast Closing Process: Home sellers have lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies. Fewer formalities speed up the closing process significantly making it a quick transaction.
⚡ Cash for Homes Texas: Best Cash Companies in Texas help you maximize your profits!
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price.
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable.
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price.
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than saving your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Option 5: Sell with Full-Service Real Estate Agents
If a home seller wishes to sell with a real estate agent, then they can opt for full-service Realtors who can help them to list and sell their property without any hassle. The benefits of selling your home with a full-service agent are:
- Help at Every Step: Home sellers can enjoy a smooth and stress-free sale because the REALTOR will take care of the complex steps. They will also help you find the best buyer for your property.
- Experienced Agents: Texas real estate brokers with years of experience can provide great market insights to sell a home fast. Home sellers can immensely benefit if they work with experienced and qualified full-service agents.
- Save with Full-Service Agents: Some of the best REALTORS offer their services at a flat rate or low commission. This allows home sellers to save on listing commission while selling their property.
» How Much are Realtor Fees in Texas: Sell your house with the top REALTORS in Texas!
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Texas
Who offers the best flat fee MLS listing service in Texas?
Texas MLS Broker and Congress Realty are some of the best Flat Fee MLS listing companies in Texas. However, with its advanced technology and great customer service, Houzeo is the best Flat Fee MLS listing website in Texas.
Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Texas?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Texas. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
How long will it take for my MLS listing to go live?
The stipulated time to list is 2 business days after you’ve completed all your tasks accurately and the broker doesn’t have any questions for you. But for most MLS’ in Texas, your listing can be up in 4 to 8 business hours (Central Time).
Resources for Selling Your House in Texas
- Selling Property in Texas: Know how to sell your home in Texas.
- Selling Home as is in Texas: Know how to sell your house in Texas without making any repairs.
- Selling Inherited Property Texas: Know how to sell an inherited home in Texas
- Best Month to Sell a House in Texas: Know when to put your Texas house on the market for sale.
- Best Real Estate Websites Texas: Check out the best real estate websites for your next real estate journey.
- For Sale By Owner Contracts for Texas: Read our detailed guide on how to draw up an FSBO contract in Texas.
Related: flat fee MLS listing texas, texas flat fee MLS listing, flat fee MLS listing companies, realtor flat fee, for sale by owner MLS flat fee, flat fee brokerage, best for sale by owner MLS listing service, best flat fee MLS listing service texas, flat fee listing texas, flat fee brokers in texas, flat fee realtor texas, list house on MLS for flat fee, texas flat fee realtors, flat fee listing agent, texas listing service, flat fee real estate texas, flat fee real estate brokers texas, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, flat fee realtor texas, texas mls, Tx housing market, sell house fast in texas, sell my house fast for cash in texas, home staging resource, central texas home staging, real estate photography texas, tx fsbo, real estate agent texas, cash offer for my home texas, real estate housing market